July 17th, 2010

Which celebs will get hitched next?

‘Tis the season to… get married.

Four Hollywood couples recently tied the knot, and all in the same weekend.

The newlyweds include Carrie Underwood and hockey player Mike Fisher, Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, LaLa Vazquez and basketball player Carmelo Anthony, Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem as well as Martin Lawrence and longtime girlfriend Shamicka Gibbs - which got us thinking...

What does the future hold for the rest of Hollywood’s happily unmarried couples? A little bling, perhaps?

On Wednesday, PEOPLE.com asked readers which longtime couple they thought might venture down the aisle next, with Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis, Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell and Bret Michaels and Kristi Lynn Gibson all being options. Each of the couples has children together, too.

Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves have said it’s unlikely they’ll tie the knot, according to Parade. Same goes for longtime couple Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber.

So who do you think will be the next couple to get hitched?

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Rob - Australia

People seem to forget they are just people, whom you have made "Celebrity" or my favourite term "Celebutard".
    Seeing all of you people get upset about any of them is, to say the least, pathetic and quite trite, as you follow the stereotypical behaviour of internet trolls.

To answer the question that was posed.... Hmmm, I don't care, they can marry or not, it has zero effect on my life. Watch good movies, dump bad ones. Simple. Getting all caught up with the people playing pretend at the other end is purile (in my opinion)

Get a life, it's only short and it should be lived, not wasted away on pointless drivel.

July 19, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. cynthia

Quit hating on Angelina. A lot of people blame her for the end of Jen and Brad. Brad and Jen probably had their own internal problems. Like maybe just maybe Jen didn't want kids and Brad did want children. You never know what is going on just because their entire lives are not on public display. My husband and I aren't married "legally", but we consider ourselves married. I don't need the government or anyone else to tell me that we are married or committed to each other for better or worse.

July 18, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. kara

and Aj is a husband stealer!

July 18, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BRENDA PITTS

oh my heart,I did not know that Brad Pitt and Angie were not married..Will they be next to tie the knot? If not they should how is that for an exsample to all those children they have..utmost to there own!!! freaked out I must say....

July 18, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kara

i dont think people have to get married....if you are happy with your partner, why does it matter?

July 18, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lea

I don't know why people even comment on subjects like this, get a life!!

July 18, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. AshannaK

Patricia and David: You're right on. Karma is educational but can be hell and, as David says,
    who cares?

July 18, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. david

WHO CARES!

July 18, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Anna

I don't care for Brad OR Angeline either got married; frankly who care? Obvoiusly, Brad and Angeline had an affair with ADULTRY think nothing it! A BIG SHOW WITH 6 CHILDREN WITH NO MARRIAGE. Obviously, go FIND Brad AND Angeline probably get married to other spouse!

July 18, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. nineth ward

Brad has done great things for the 9th ward in New Orleans and also for the city. Is he happy? Only he can tell you that, not some reporter saying so cause he caught Brad smiling or kissing Jolie. It is all make believe. Unless you know them then you don't know them. Like someone said. It is all just BS to keep their names in the news and sell magazines and TV show advertising spots. Kevin Costner has been married awhile and has new kids. Since he is not beating his wife or screwing everyone, there is not much news to report. Harrison Ford the same thing. Like Marlon Brando said. Acting is just a job that pays really well. I think those that are not secure with themselves stay in the media to give them that ego boost that helps them get through the day. Uh... Lohan...... Anyway, entertainment news/reporting is like a vacuum cleaner. Do you want to get sucked in like trash or just let it pass over head........ That is a call only you can make.
    Remember in the end, it is all a business. showBUSINESS. Not Show truth.

July 18, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. steve5150

Brad Pitt looks a lot like Marlon Brando and from what I have seen has about the same IQ.

July 18, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nathan

Who cares.... Obviously me, because I read the stupid story.

July 18, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Catharsis88

I really like Brad and Angie. I admire the good works they have done. They lend their time so unselfishly and still find time to be a family. I don't think they will get married. According to Angie in an interview, they would consider if the kids were pressing them to and if it were important to the kids. According to Angie, the kids aren't asking and they don't act as if they are missing anything. I personally don't think it is that important. What is important is raising those children with love and continue to give of themselves unto the world.

July 18, 2010 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. JJinCVCA

Of course the media want to see more celebrities get married so they can start writing stories about how their celebrity marriage is on the rocks, how so and so is cheating on so and so with so and so, followed by the inevitable shocker of devorce. I guess celebrities get married for our entertainment.

July 18, 2010 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. No One Will Read This

No one!

July 18, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. Oregon

oh... to live in la la land...

July 17, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Floyd

I met their twins in Tennessee.

July 17, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kgirl1144

They are both so tired and old. Since he has been with her, he has aged dramatically. Perhaps it's the pot and booze binges. I'd do the same if I were with her, so I can't really blame him, I guess.

July 17, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mjm

I don't believe that Angelina broke up Brad marriage. Brad & Jen marriage was already headed for divorce. For there were many times that Brad said he wanted to start a family and Jen kept saying later. Jen has only herself to blame. In fact all Jen seems to do is go from man to man. I wish the best for Brad & Angelina& there kids.

July 17, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Vgrubbs

If they marry it doesn't matter...they seem to be committed to each other and are definitely committed to their children. what others think about my relationship or how we raise our child really doesn't matter to me. Brad & Angelina have the love & resources to take care of their kids. How often do you see nannies taking care of their kids? Nobody will ever tell me who to be with or how to raise my kid. If you think you can... be ready to have your own life scrutinized by Joe Public

July 17, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Pam

I think they are both wonderful people.
    Wishing them the best.

July 17, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • your megachurch called, but i told them you weren't home

have fun living in your safe, little bubble of denial and delusions

July 17, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Dale

Who cares? They will just get a divorce a few years later.

July 17, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  23. fat, pathetic americans who need to get a life

die, celebrity worshipers, die

July 17, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • K

hahahaha that is the most interesting and clever comment in this whole article! lotflmfao

July 18, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • silly troll

Maybe you should get a life (better yet, a JOB) and stop making different aliases (as seen throughout this comment section). You aren't fooling anyone, kid.

July 19, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  24. hoola

jolie scares me. i think brad is scared of leaving because of how she'll warp the kids minds. little shiloh dressing like a boy, the kids run around crazy with no boundaries. if he wasn't around it would be pure chaos.

July 17, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laura

Who cares if a little kid dresses like a boy? Better than dressing her like a tiny tramp.

SHE'S FOUR. Little kids are pretty much androgynous anyway. Boy clothes are practical since kids that age should be playing in the dirt and climbing trees; most kids really don't care about keeping their pretty pink dress looking nice.

July 18, 2010 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  25. David

Amazing what losers you entertainment reporters are!!

July 17, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Lizzie

Most of these couples have already said they are not going to tie the knot. So, why have an article on CNN about it? Don't we have more important things to worry about?

July 17, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Kme

Patricia, Kelsey....grow up! This happens in "Crazy-Wood" all the time. It is their life, their business. I can also guess that your lives are nothing more sacred.

July 17, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • how's your job at mcdonald's?

find a hobby that doesn't involve the lives of people who don't know or care you exist. oh, never mind. you won't.

July 17, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Marnie

Oh Brad, those chin pubes gotta go.

July 17, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. aj

I think Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are the most beautiful, amazing, smart, wonderful, great, couple and parents of the 20th century and if you don't think so then you are a jealous fat couch potato.

July 17, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mom of Three

They've already said that they won't get married until everyone can–gays included. So this really isn't a story, because that hasn't happened.

July 17, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • going through the motions

i feel sorry for your kids

July 17, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom of Three

Can't figure why you would. After all, you're not raising them, and that has to be a good thing.

July 18, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
    • trix are for kids

@ Mom of Three, I'd ignore that guy... seems to be trolling around. The different aliases this guy is using doesn't fool anyone.

July 19, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  31. les

Who the hell cares if any of them get married or not? In the eternal scheme of the things, their sordid lives mean absolutely nothing to anyone except in their own minds!!!!

July 17, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

True..
      They keep shoving them at us..Most the celebrities would be forgotten between movies, if not for all the media attention..
      I never think of these two, until I'm scanning the internet and they pop up on a web site..Or when a trailer for a new movie they did comes out..Or flipping channels on tv..
      I think most people just simply aren't interested, at all.

July 17, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • trailer trash

they keep screaming their names at us from their megaphones, so they can sell useless c r a p to us while invoking their manufactured 'glamor'. unfortunately, most americans are tools who are easily manipulated by such bald-faced control games.

July 17, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  32. mis

I could not stand AJ before Brad...Ugh..but now I won't even see her movies..I am surprised she's not moved on to her next married costar yet!

July 17, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • duzie

i'm sure she has! i think they have an open relationship, which is why both of them are together. these two ding-dongs are made for each other, sleeping around with everyone.

July 17, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • cold fish is what every man dreams of

yes duzie, s e x is very bad.

July 17, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. cnntrolls

grow up...

July 17, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  34. kelsey

i think that karma attacked Mr. Pitts face (that hideous squid-looking beard of his)

July 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rhonda

I care. And Brad and Angelina care....about orphaned babies. That is why you should care. If Brad Pitt left someone to be with his soul mate, then leaving her was the right thing to do. But maybe they should not have married in the first place. Lesson: Wait for your soul mate!

July 17, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  36. obama

patricia love you

July 17, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Brad and Angelina won't get married until

Brad and Angelina won't get married until gay marriage is permitted. They refuse to get married with there is not EQUALITY for everyone to get married.

July 18, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  38. killermike2178

I believe they also said they wouldn't marry until our national deficit was at 0...

July 18, 2010 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  39. Hg

Exactly, who gives a damn anyways, grow up man!

July 18, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  40. penny

I DO NOT WATCH MOVIES WITH PITT OR JOLIE ANY LONGER!!!!!! I used to watch everything but the way they got together made me sick. They don't need children and they keep getting them. Jolie is now a baby factory. I take marrage very serious and most of hollywood treat it like a joke. I will check out the stars before watching a movie or anything on t.v. I will not support someone that has no morals or does things that are so psycho I want to puke. All the wonderful things these stars do is to make news and if good people get help, then keep helping. Just please don't reproduce anymore Good Grief.

July 18, 2010 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |