July 16th, 2010

The Dream attempted suicide over break-up

The Dream says despair over his failing marriage to singer Christina Milian led him to attempt suicide.

In an open letter on his official website, the super producer/singer addresses his split with his wife – months after the birth of their daughter – following publication of photos of him romping at the beach with another woman.

“I would love to tell the truth as to why my relationship wasn't successful, but today that is between me and Christina,” he writes on his site. “It's easy to say that it’s because of another woman or a new relationship but truthfully, IT’S NOT.”

The Dream, who signs the letter with his real name, Terius Nash, says he and Milian made the decision to keep their marital issues private.

“I take FULL RESPONSIBILITY for misleading everyone into thinking everything was fine and okay when we knew problems existed for awhile,” his statement says. “I wanted to speak up but we decided it wasn't for anyone to know.”

He goes on to say that he is “Human and people fall in and out of Love all the time” and that he is “not proud that I lost something we once had...LOVE!”

The stress apparently became too much to bear, according to The Dream.

“I've cried about this for months, after interviews, after prayer and I've tried to take my own life at a point because of the failure that was looming,” his letter says.

Read the letter in it’s entirety here.

1. Big Al

Jump!

August 20, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. U_schmuck

Looks like hip hop's breeding a whole new generation of pansies and sissies with microphones these days.

July 26, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. U_schmuck

Yeah and WHO is this guy again...? Sounds like a real chump. Oh well, who cares anyways...NEXT!

July 26, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. andrea

LIAR

July 21, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Iris

I kind of don't believe it.....but i think a man life shouldn't be put as a joke...if he really attempted to end his life...it should be taken seriously even if he is doing it for publicity...and i don't listen to his music either...but it would be a tragic if he was to end his...life..so im basically taken HIS SIDE.....with this one

July 21, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. rename yourself

The-Nightmare

July 19, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lindsey McFly

Lindsey McFly \"Best The Am I\" MIXTAPE FREE DOWNLOAD http://www.mediafire.com/?ngtljvnyjom

July 18, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. sashaveryfierce

I m trying but i dont really see sadness in the photo here. hmmm, I guess it only takes a few days to shake off such deep deep deep deep deep deep love like they shared. lmao

I always wonder...when celebrities create stupid stories to make us feel sorry for them....do they know how freaking ridiculous they sound??!!??

I tell ya what, dream, chris brown (btw, you have incredible talent...chris u can be a new u and back on top. get some help. u are way too young to let your issues determine your future. either of u or anyone can email me for my assistance.

July 18, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. JackMeHoff

Mhm, I can see why Christiana wanted another man. This guy is so much of a pu$$y, he can't even go through killing himself without whining about it to a media outlet. F'ing crybaby.

July 18, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nicole

He should have just done hip hop- all of a favor and went through with it, his music sucks

July 18, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. crystal

i find it hard to believe tht he was so heartbroken over his breakup with christina when it didn't phase him @ all to leave nivea whom he married and had a child with much longer than christiana. shortly after being signed he chucked her the dueces! publicity stunt as fake as chris brown crying @ the bet awards!

July 17, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. Tee Cole

Not buying it one bit! Folks who are upset enough to attempt taking their own life don't go on exotic vacations with women who aren't their wives. Just sayin.

July 16, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. troll killah

plz try again and this time dont fail us.

July 16, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SaintPetersburg

haha@ he attempted suicide...STOP LYING. What a dramaqueen!! He's only doing this for PUBLICITY, because his music sound has outrun its course and he can't come up with a new hot sound. What a lame. Get some talent.....oh my bad. Here's the bridge, followed by the hook: That guy Dream needs some...Talent, Talent, Talent, He needs some Talent, Talent, Talent.

July 16, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |