July 15th, 2010

Tom Cruise will be in 'M:I-4'

Looks like Tom Cruise didn’t have anything to worry about after all.

A few weeks after insiders started questioning Cruise’s placement in “Mission: Impossible 4” because his latest feature, "Knight and Day,” got off to a bumpy start, the actor himself has confirmed that he will once again play the role of Ethan Hunt.

According to Paramount, he’ll not only star in the franchise’s fourth installment, but he’ll also sit in the producer’s chair again. J.J. Abrams will join him as co-producer, and Josh Applebaum and Andre Nemec - who both worked with Abrams on "Alias" - will pen the script.

The familiar theme music will be cued on Memorial Day weekend, 2011.

If that movie release date sticks, "M:I-4" will be thought of as one of the flicks that should show up at the box office as a bonafide summer blockbuster. But remember how poorly big features like "SATC2" did this year - do you think he can pull it off?

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • Tom Cruise

1. BB

I'll be there! My friends and I enjoyed Knight and Day and previous MI movies. He's a good actor and I love that he does his own stunts and I'm glad to hear ther will be another MI movie with Tom.

August 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Thinking must hurt

Sadly it won't be him that determines the ticket sales. If it that was the sole reason people in 15-45 see movies they wouldn't go in the first place. It will be the number of seconds of near nudity by people who want to think they are "freeing" themselves, and the number of bullets shot by people who want no one to own a gun.

I'm wondering if the above person (lolz@mike) goes to meet everyone (s)he votes for at every election.

July 21, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PiercedPsycho

NOOO!! No more!! To quote my toddler...."I can't take it no more!"

July 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LOLZ@Mike

I have to say I do like Cruise as an actor, don't care much for the drama of his personal life, my cousin has met him when he was going to a clinic at UCLA for a brief time, she's a receptionist at the clinic, anyhow she said he was very friendly...I believe he is despite what the media says about him, i'm not going to let the media tell me what to think about someone i've never met.

July 21, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. marie

Oh my god cant wait to see the film,Tom Cruise rocks, what a great actor, love him to bits mwahhhhhhhhhhh xx

July 19, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mike Hunt

He's my brother. I remember when we were kids, he'd always be running around yelling:

"Has anyone seen MkeHunt. Has anyone seen MikeHunt!"

July 16, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mary

This guy is old and a has been. It's time for him to fade away. He never could act anyway and his craziness all these last years just makes him totally unwatchable. Time to step aside for the new guys.

July 16, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. lara n

What better way to follow a bomb– with another stink bomb. Saw Knight and Day because the others were sold out–I would imagine this situation accounts for most of the ticket sales for this lame movie with long-in-the tooth actors trying to be young. Same old, same old Cruise–like most women in the audience, found him repulsive and strange. Yeeeech. To answer your question, NO-Cruise cannot pull it off, no matter how high his elevator shoes get.

July 16, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  9. Michaela

Tom Cruise not only will act, he also sits in as producer ... Well, D'oh! meaning he is financing it, right. I'm sick of Tom Cruise vanity pieces, excuses for him to wear sunglasses and look cool. Bet you the world feels the same way. He is an arrogant, vain, conceited taker and not a star.

July 16, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. ageeg

input this U.R.L:
    (==tinyurl.com/2a39ok8== )
    you can find many cheap and fashion goods
    (NI KE s-h-o-e-s)
    (NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
    ( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)