July 15th, 2010

So, what should we start calling these two?

Levi Johnston’s sister, Mercede, has taken to her blog to let us know her thoughts on Levi's surprise engagement to his baby’s mother, Bristol.

Upon waking up yesterday, Mercede writes that she was greeted with “a beautiful picture of Levi, Bristol, and Tripp on the cover of Us Weekly.” But, she adds, “Not exactly the image I wanted to come face to face with when I first opened my eyes.

This post arrived on the heels of yet even more details surrounding the engagement, which revealed that Levi proposed with rose petals in the shape of a heart on Bristol's bed. (Swoon?)

The news has upset their mother, Mercede wrote, as well as other family members who weren’t happy that they had to find out about the engagement via a magazine cover. “However, I think there may be more to this picture than we are able to see right now,” Levi’s sister added, before congratulating the betrothed pair and offering Bristol help with the wedding plans, should she need any.

Now that we see this marital news isn't going away anytime soon, what are we going to call them? Surely we shouldn’t be forced to say “Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston” every single time. And besides, everyone knows you can't get married unless your names boil down to something ridiculous like "Bennifer" or "Brangelina."

We’ve got a few options in the running - namely: Lysol; Listol; Lalin; BriVi; and TheCoupleTheCountryWishesWouldGoAway - but we want to know what you all think. Make like a celeb weekly editor and start abbreviating in the comments.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Julie

I think that they need to be left along. I think that Levi and Bristol need to figure out what is best for themselves and their son. If they truly love each other than I think the world just needs to leave them alone and left them live their lives. We wouldn't be hearing any of this had Sarah not ran for the VP spot. I like Sarah very much and I wish all the best for her daughter and Levi. All I hope is that Bristol is doing this as much for herself as she is for Tripp. Just because you have a child with someone doesn't mean you should get married. I think they need to fade into the background now and really build on their relationship and raise their son.

July 19, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. tina

I like Palston or LeviBris...
    they probably would have already been married & settled down by now if not for that idiot Sarah & the Republican party. Give the poor crazy kids a break! lord know they will need it.... my only advice is for them to get the heck away from Alaska and that mother-in-low who can see Russia from her window.

July 19, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RickW

Let's see, they went shopping for an "outlet", they reportedly paid for the photo shoot, they reportedly want to "sell" some sort of reality show. The last thing they are looking for is to be left alone. Fitting that US Weekly bit, since Bristol and Levi are "trolling" all of US.

That's it. I vote for "Trolls"

P.S. Their getting back together and getting married proves what everyone already knows about them....

"Abstinence only" makes the heart grow fonder.

July 19, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • rhi-ality

GET A CLUE. How may times did you use the word "reportedly" in your post???? Do you know that means??? I mean if US weekly says that Sandra Bullock is reportedly giving birth to an apple, are you going to believe it???

July 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kathryn Ward

How about we leave them alone? To each his or her own- you have no idea what happens within there own relationship and they are the ones that have to wake up next to each other and live with the decision to be together and/or apart. If nothing else they should be applauded for growing up, taking responsibility of there actions and trying to work out not just for the sake of there feelings but for Tripp. As for the author of this segment wanting to give these two a name... I guess I need to ask; who is being immature now? I love reading about celebrities, I hate it when they're treated like this. Its disrespectful, unnecessary and just rude. How would you like your every decision picked apart, criticized and dissected for the whole world to read about? Live by the good ole saying- those in glass houses people.

July 19, 2010 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. maryln48

Bristol is only doing what her mom taught her, to be secretive. Her mom hid her pregnancy when she was governor, and she hid the fact that her child had downs from their own siblings, instead of being open and honest. So she deserves to hear about her daughters engagement from the tabloids. Why doesn't she stay home and raise those kids instead of milking the fact that someone was stupid enough to pick her as a running mate for vise president. Thanks McCain for finding the stupidest family in the world and torturing us with that for years to come.

July 19, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. India Andrews

They don't need a cute name like Brangelina or Robsten. They can just be Levi and Bristol, or Mr. and Mrs. Johnston.

July 18, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Becky

I like ViTol.

July 18, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Susanna

Levitol.

July 18, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. SteveB

Anyone over the age of 11 who combines names to denote couplehood sounds like – well, an 11 year old. And not one of the appropriately mature for their age ones.

July 18, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ballersmom

How about 'damage control'? It's obvious that this 'surprise' engagement is a ploy to sanitize Bristol's unmarried teenage mother stigma that hovers over Sarah Palin. Not condemning Bristol, we all make mistakes, but on the other hand, Palin is trying to clean house and look more 'respectable' when she announces her bid for the White House, and yes, she will be running in 2012. What she needs to be focusing on is her other two daughters and trying to prevent a possible trifecta of little Palins running around without a father present. Hopefully, little Tripp won't be collateral damage in this debacle, because if the engagement/marriage is a sham, the poor baby will be the one who's hurt the most.

July 18, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sue

I think a reality show is coming out of this.... Bet they will sell the wedding pictures and family 'behind the scenes'

July 18, 2010 at 3:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Rod

Who cares. I wish CNN would stick to reporting real news and leave these types of news articles to media outlets like Entertainment Tonight and the National Enquirer.

July 17, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Moe

I'm very happy for Levi, Bristol and their baby. I wish them all the very best in their future lives together.

Fortunately for us we do not have to live our lives under a microscope with the whole world knowing our personal and private business. Are you judging this couple because you know them personally or are you judging them from a fabricated article you read in some magazine?

July 17, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. rhi-ality

You guys are so weird. Do you have jobs? Lives? Children? Good God, I hope someone is paying you to sit in your house all day long commenting on people as insignifigant as Bristol Palin.

July 17, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Oregongal

The whole situation is making the Palin clan look foolish. I say let's give 'em lots of media attention. It will eventually ruin Palin's chances for the Presidency.

July 17, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. lotusjani

Why call this young couple bad names and wish them bad luck? They are young and made mistakes, but they have a beautiful baby together, so why not wish them luck and happiness? It is no one business anyway and if they are famous, so let them be. Hope they get married and prove the bad wishers wrong. Go, Johnstons!

July 17, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. Lakath

I hope it works for them but I doubt it will. I think Levi will try to sabotage the family...maybe not intentionally.

July 17, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  18. Chasemel

SMiller

I like BriVi...and I hope they live happily ever after and grow old together just to prove everyone else wrong.

Well since it's all a publicity stunt, I don't see that happening. But I hope Levi's just in it to sabotage the Palin family, cause that would be awesome.

July 16, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Moon627

Good for them ! They love each other and its best for their baby to have his parents together again.

Now they just need to stay away from the Mother in Law from Hell if they want it to last...

July 16, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Aimee

Just call them Dumb and Dumber

July 16, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. beenz

Condombroke?

July 16, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. old hippy chick

I don't know why everybody is hating on this couple so much. They are a couple of young people who didn't do anything different from what millions of young couples all over the world are doing. The ONLY difference is that the media stalks them constantly, so we are aware of every little thing they do. I don't know about most of you, but if the press had a camera on me 24-7, they just might catch me picking my nose or scratching my ass..... Young guy knocks up young girl, parents freak out. Pressure mounts, couple breaks up and says bad things about one another. One or the other goes out and does stupid/semi-stupid things. Time passes. Fortunately in this case (for the child), parents do some growing up in ensuing months. Decide to do the grownup thing, step up to the plate, and put the petty things to one side. Get back together and try to raise their lovely child together.... I applaud them both. They are acting more mature than the people hating on them.....

July 16, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sam

They'd 'go away' if you'd stop reporting on them.....ENOUGH!!!

July 16, 2010 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  24. Les

Someone had to give him that ring to give to her to create this publicity. It is so goofy that her mother did not know–"US Weekly" had to report it first- I really want to bash them but I won't - I hope they will be a happy,hard working family looking out only for the interest of their chid. A a BIG "NO" !! to Sarah Palin running in2012. Utter nonsense

July 16, 2010 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  25. JEB

How about their given names, and then leaving them alone while they begin their new lives as husband & wife, mom & dad.

July 16, 2010 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  26. Wylie

How about "Cash Cow" because he's after the cash and she's a cow.

July 16, 2010 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  27. Ami

How about "Brevi?" To denote how much more the country wants to actually hear about/see these two.

July 16, 2010 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  28. misty

call them PALIN PAWNS!!!!!!

July 16, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  29. JC

I'd call them morons. Although if you add Sarah to these two...the three stooges.

July 15, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mary

How about "Media Wh*res." Seems to suit the entire family.

July 15, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Amy

Wonder why it followed so closely on the heels of Chelsea Clinton's announcement . . .

July 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Callate

How about just calling them Bristol and Levi, or The Johnstons. This whole couples name melding thing is irritating beyond belief... or in Hollywood, "irrbebef"

July 15, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. c dodd

BrisLe

July 15, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Tara

@ TJ

Wow... where did you come up with that? My guess is that you're a bit jealous and you don't know a thing about the Palins. If you dislike them so much then why do you waste your time following a story and commenting about Sarah Palin's daughter? Please grow up TJ

July 15, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Daniel Troppy

LOSERS is what I would have to call this couple and why is the media even playing that game with these 2 people? They certainly aren't Brad & Angelina. Don't people have anything better to do, read, learn or support? Dreadful.

July 15, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  36. JLH

I'm with Kathy. Leave them alone. If you don't want to be bothered with what is going on with their lives, close the newspaper, skip the article, click to a different site. Too much anger, too much judgement in this world. If we all spent as much time improving upon our own lives rather than tearing down the lives of others, our country could get back on track to being the greatest country in the world again. God Bless you all!

July 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

And for you also –

Leave them alone? Then they need to keep their mugs off the cover on national magazines and try in some small way to keep their private lives, private. Why should I have monitor which paper I pick up, which web site I go to or avoid the magazine rack when I'm shopping? They are the ones throwing it all out there – and for a price $$$$$. Well there is another price to pay also. Sorry – stop admonishing us and take your self-righteous crap somewhere else.

July 15, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • esf

I'm very happy for them, I wish them the best. If people would mind their own busy and not be so judgemental this world would be a better place for us all. It's GOD job to judge not yours!!! If Sarah does run for president she will have myvot and my families votes!! GOOD LUCK Bristol and Levi, may you share many years together!!!

July 18, 2010 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Dede

Dumb and Dumber is my vote. It has a certain ring to it.

July 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. cream cheese

Rest assured, if Sarah Palin doesn't get the presidential nomination, Levi will be back on the talk show circuit bashing the wacky Wasilla family.

July 15, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Abdul

How about “The Alaskan’s that bring out the most hate in fat Americans”?

July 15, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  40. TJ

Stop this madness!! The only reason that they're back together is because that witch has decided to run for president. I guess it's a win win suitation for Levi because he won't have to fork out hundreds for child support. Didn't Bristol just say less than two months ago that "he's a stranger to me". This is sleazy Sarah's politcal ploy. They're saying that she didn't know that Bristol and Levi we're getting back together. Yeah right, it was her handlers idea and she agreed. I'm sick of this pathetic family. Go away...please just go away. It's like a bad dream and I blame John McCain.

July 15, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ksoze

I doubt this took mom by surprise. She doesn't want an unwed mom for a daughter when she runs for office next. Possibly orchestrated.

July 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  42. LiteraryLuvChild

How bout PaSton (pronounced PAY stun) cause you know they will sell out to every magazine and talk show that will give them a few bucks.

July 15, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  43. K

Bronston!

July 15, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. A

How about "Who gives a F%^$!!!!?"

July 15, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sick and Tired of Palin Clan's Antics

How about pathetic, stupid losers?

July 15, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Genie

How 'bout "Bristle" cuz they're chafing me right now?

July 15, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Maggie

How about Johnstol? lol

July 15, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kathy

Leave them alone. They are just kids. Would any of us like to have had to live out our mistakes and missteps in the national news at their age? We only know who they are due to her famous mother. It is no reason to expect her to be any different than anyone else her age.

July 15, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

July 15, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHRIS CROCKER

YOU TELL THEM KATHY!!!

July 16, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  49. Leah (TXanimal)

The Oxygen Thieves

July 15, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  50. chandra

how about BrisVi?

July 15, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lee

And "Losers" gets the kewpie doll!

July 15, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. yayme

"TheCoupleTheCountryWishesWouldGoAway"

i like that one ^^ \m/

July 15, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Guest

Yeah I think "losers" is the winner

July 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. DEBRA

Brile would be my suggestion.

July 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Kate

How about 'people that don't matter in anyway possible'... you're right... I don't care enough to give them a name either..

July 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Frances

I dont think they need a cute name. There's nothing cute about them, especially their behavior and lack of morals.

July 15, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  57. hmm

We should've been calling them losers from the beginning... that needs no change.

July 15, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • FollyBaby

I vote Lysol, because this country needs to be disinfected of them.

July 15, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • @FollyBaby

I agree with you 100%...I feel disgusting just reading this story.

July 15, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • SMiller

July 16, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
    • JWilliams

How about naming them "Pal-Levi"

July 16, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • jalaw

How about LeBri, sounds similar to libral.

July 17, 2010 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
    • DSKnows

Call them nothing. They need to get a grip on life and deal with there responsibility. If marriage is the answer so be it. Life is too short for Bull%$#. And money can be the root of all evil. I hope what they are doing and plan to do, is for all the right reasons. There is a child involved. Mother Palin has her own agenda. So Bristil with all do respect I was in your shoes once, I had a child at a young age. Do whats best for you and your child.

July 17, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |