July 15th, 2010

Behind the Scenes on 'Showbiz Tonight': Has the alleged Gibson audio been altered?

When the "Showbiz Tonight" staff meeting ended this morning and we returned to our desks, nearly everyone apprehensively put on headphones to get another explosive earful of audio that purportedly captures Mel Gibson in a tirade. On the new tapes out today, the alleged voice of Gibson claims the actor/director's ex, Oksana Grigorieva, wiped out his bank account!

The ranting voice on the tapes blamed the woman for getting him into so much financial trouble that he had to sell his box seats for the Lakers. The man’s voice complained, “I don’t have any [expletive] money!” and “you know what kind of trouble I’m in.” The man accuses the woman of “gouging” him, claiming he spent $5 million on her.

The tapes keep on coming and the rage they exhibit continues to be disturbing, but the question for us on  “Showbiz Tonight” is whether or not the tapes have been tampered with.

Line Producer Jennifer Gerardo made the point that if they have been, the tapes might not be admissible as evidence in Gibson's custody battle with Grigorieva. So were the tapes altered? And even if they were, does it matter considering the vile rant is still outrageous? "Showbiz Tonight" plans on investigating the tape-altering mystery.

Lindsay Lohan has been fairly quiet this week, perhaps because she’s been searching for a new attorney to get her out of her 90-day jail sentence starting on Tuesday. Well, a brand new report today claims she's found one: Lohan has reportedly hired famed O.J. Simpson attorney, Robert Shapiro. But can one of the most famous attorneys in the country keep the 24-year-old out of the clink?

Our Executive Producer Dave Levine’s favorite story continues to be Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston’s sudden engagement. In a new video, the couple reveal details of the proposal and why this engagement feels right to them. But what does Sarah Palin think? And should she forgive Johnston now that her daughter is engaged to him? Let us know by voting in our poll!

“Bethenny Getting Married” star, Bethenny Frankel, said she may quit reality TV, but do you really believe her? We don’t! We’re talking "Real Housewives" and more on "Showbiz Tonight" live at 5 p.m. today.

And remember, we're still TV's most provocative entertainment news show seven days a week at 11pm ET/PT!

1. LKing

No one knows really what is going on at this point. The only factual thing to come out of this is that once again Brook Anderson is scalp hunting. I cannot believe how personally she takes any male that offends her. At least she has given a rest to her rants about Woods and James, until the next. OMG does she get rabid! Just draws and quarter all and any male not meeting her standards, and if she can ruin them in the process, more the better. She is not provocative, she is mean and hatful, and difficult to watch–move her to Fox!

July 22, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. joe

Absolutely a conspiracy against Mel. It was a gang of ni__ers, a couple of wetbacks, and whole bunch of Jews.

Everybody knows they all have it in for Mel.

Just ask him.

July 20, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Anne

Mel should've stuck with his wife – these manipulating women are not worth it. I believe she's not quite as sweet and innocent as she tries to come across. Who carries around a tape recorder all the time???? Come on Hollywood – when are you going to realize that cheap flings are the end of you?? Hear that Tiger and Jesse?

July 16, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • darlene d

I totally agree with you Anne. I still believe that something is up with her. I can't imagine any woman letting some guy yell and call her names over the phone and she just talks to him calmly....I think not!! He would be getting as good as he was giving if it were me!! Come on....is she all of that? Is she worth all the drama that he's going through right now?

July 16, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. darlene d

I believe Mel Gibson has issues and capable of ranting and raving but when you hear the audio tapes, he is raging like a maniac and she is too calm. If someone was ranting on the phone at me, I would be doing the same thing back and she is just too calm, in my opinion. I don't think Mel is capable of hurting his child because he has 7 kids and I don't believe any of them were harmed by him. I do think the tapes have been altered somewhat so a more thorough investigation needs to be done.

July 16, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. LIQA

Any woman can "scam" a man into marriage & besides Mel was not married to Oksana - they had a child together, She was married to Timothy Dalton (007) for a few yeara & has a 12 year old son with him. Frank, I do get your point but it does take 2 to tango. She does not deserve bad treatment, & he is saying these things– & shame on Rador .com for airing them over & over.She went about this the wrong way–something is not right.

July 16, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Frank Rizzo

Russian Women are known to scam American men into marriages, talk to any ICE, or New York, LA Police Detective and they will tell you how Russian Women scam the system playing the Domestic Violence Card to gain money, legal immigration based on false claims of the D.V. I heard the tapes and I believe the tapes were edited to make M.G. look like a nut job, Russian's are masters in the field of fraud with regard to electronic, media and counterfeiting. The LAPD, and FBI should investigate this case from start A-Z and I bet they'll find it was a scam from day ONE. M.G. has issues for sure but not the way he has been projected in this on going SCAM.

July 16, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  7. ageeg

input this U.R.L:
    (==tinyurl.com/2a39ok8== )
    you can find many cheap and fashion goods
    (NI KE s-h-o-e-s)
    (NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
    ( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
    (CHA NEL w-a-l-l-e-t)
    (D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
    (ED har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
    (UG G b-o-o-t)
    WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT
    YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!
    (==tinyurl.com/2a39ok8== )

July 15, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. afraidofheights

I fully admit to altering the Mel Gibson tapes, but did so to be funny. So click below to read a transcript of the Mel Gibson phone rants had he been using an iPhone 4!

July 15, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |