July 14th, 2010

'The Secret' author back with 'The Power'

Well, perhaps this is one we can chalk up to the power of positive thinking.

Rhonda Byrne, author of the best-selling book, “The Secret,” has another tome on deck with Atria Books called “The Power.”

While “Secret” was all about drawing happiness and contentment to you through a law of attraction, “Power” will show “how perfect health, incredible relationships, a career you love, a life filled with happiness, and the money you need to be, do, and have everything you want, all come from the power,” Byrne’s publisher told the NYT.

“The Secret” was on best-seller lists for more than three years, selling more than 19 million copies, Atria said. It will be interesting to see how “The Power” performs when it lands in bookstores on August 17.

Filed under: Books

1. susan

The Secret worked for me as well – my daughter introduced me to it (love younger generations and their evolution!)And it literally got me up off the floor after a confusing relationship deterioratin. Looking fwd to The Power!

August 5, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kamal

The secret is working for me. If u believe in youself u acieve ur aims. And now if I can acquire the power to the secret I will surpass my achievements. Thanks rhonda.

July 31, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ageeg

input this U.R.L:
    (==tinyurl.com/2a39ok8== )
    you can find many cheap and fashion goods
    (NI KE s-h-o-e-s)
    (NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
    ( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
    (CHA NEL w-a-l-l-e-t)
    (D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
    (ED har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
    (UG G b-o-o-t)
    WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT
    YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!
    (==tinyurl.com/2a39ok8== )

July 15, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ed

Pathetic. Buy a vowel SCB.

July 14, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. SCB

I like your comment, 'Graficks', and completely agree with you. The LOA is not about being rich or thin (although, if those things are important to you, you can use it to achieve them). The LOA is about living the happiest and best life you can – and The Secret absolutely helped me to do that. I love the way Rhonda Byrne makes everything so simple, and I will certainly be buying The Power. For me, I can never run out of great books that help me be the best and happiest versions of myself!

July 14, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. graficks

LOA is not about being thin or having millions of dollars, it's about attracting what you want by believing that you have it already. One cannot judge the authenticity of LOA by another persons experience. It's only in your experience, if you choose to believe it, that it will or will not work for you. The choice is yours!

July 14, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. P.C.Chapman

I thought the "Secret" was the final word on this LOA secret. Now we know better. You need "the Power" too.
    The 'Power' to get another 19 million suckers to pay $24.95 so Ms Byrne can have "wealth and happiness". On second thought, all she needs is the original 19 million!

July 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • GiGi

P.C.: Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! And it killed me (but did not surprise me in the least as she will believe anything but the truth) that Oprah got suckered in on the first one. It obviously didn't work for her or else she just would have caused all of that extra weight to disappear.

July 14, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |