July 14th, 2010

Kristin Chenoweth gets a little dirty on Letterman

Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth was nothing short of adorable on the “Late Show with David Letterman” Tuesday night.

But she did get a little dirty as she chatted with Letterman, although it wasn't on purpose.

When discussing her love of Starbucks and the power of Twitter, Chenoweth let the "past tense of the word twit," as TV Squad so helpfully put it, slip  - but the misused word was quickly bleeped out.

“I knew, I knew I was gonna say that. It slipped right out!” Chenoweth said in an innocent southern voice. Letterman responded, "Now I think I might try [Twitter]!"

Chenoweth went on to tell the story of an experience she had with a very rude Starbucks employee. After she was mistreated by the employee, Chenoweth told Letterman that she shared her experience - including the name of the employee and the specific Starbucks location - via Twitter.

“So you reported her on your Twitter,” Letterman asked. Chenoweth nodded her head and confirmed, “on my twit.”

Interestingly, the actress misused the word for “tweet” in a variety of forms - another less offensive one being "I twitted"– Chenoweth had a few revealing moments due to the very short length of her dress.

But luckily she became aware of the situation as she glanced at the monitor. “I just realized that if I am not careful, I could do a Sharon Stone,” she said in reference to the racy “Basic Instinct” scene.

1. target less

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really recognize what you're speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my website =). We will have a link change contract between us

July 20, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. twitted

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBVjQvkE0EE&w=640&h=390]

August 7, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

Kristin does act very cute and adorable on TV. The key word is "act". That was not an innocent slip it
    was meant to get a laugh. There was no clip available but I didn't need to see one. It's not the
    first time I've heard that "error".

July 29, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. marilyn Alexander

Kristin Chenowith has to be one of the most annoying entertainers ever. Her cartoon voice is like fingers on a blackboard.

July 25, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  5. markus

it was bound to happen- they couldnt come up with a better name than Twitter? I can understand the tenses getting confusing...

and when is Chenoweth finally going to make that Dusty Springfield movie?
    Every year there's a new announcement about it...

July 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. comment

well i can picture her saying it, so reading this was actually quite amusing.

July 15, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. duck

so tell me all about it and then don't post a clip. maybe some one would be more interested in seeing it in context, because as a written story it is quite boring actually.

July 15, 2010 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |