July 13th, 2010

'The Bachelorette': Don't go in the basement

Last night's episode of "The Bachelorette" focused on Ali's hometown dates with the four remaining suitors, starting with Roberto in Tampa, Florida.

Roberto opted to show Ali the field where he played college ball, and, after showing off their baseball skills for far too long, Roberto presented Ali with one of his old baseball cards. Wonder if the card mentions the 7.20 earned run average Roberto allegedly pitched in college?

The two then met up with Roberto's family. His parents offered their blessing should he propose to Ali if the time comes, and everyone celebrated at day's end with music added in post-production.

Ali's next stop was Cape Cod, Massachusetts, where she met up with Chris the landscaper. Chris introduced Ali to the "beach he grew up on" - must have had a lot of sand in his diapers. He proceeded to tell Ali that whales were making love in the ocean, which normally would end a date right then and there, but the two decided to move on.

A little later, Chris and Ali met up with his father, brothers and sister-in-law. Ali brought the family wine, proving she understands the first rule of this show - bring on the booze! Of course, Chris's dad approved of Ali, adding that his late wife would have done the same.

Ali then headed to the Midwest to visit Kirk's family in Green Bay, Wisconsin, making stops at two different homes since Kirk's parents are divorced.

Ali went to Kirk's father's place first, where she was invited to check out his basement - and what a basement he has! Lions, tigers and bears (oh my), all dead, stuffed and hanging on the wall since Kirk's dad is a taxidermist by trade. Personally, I'd generally wait until the fifth or sixth date to show a woman such a collection.

Next was Kirk's mother's house, where the Wisconsin accents flowed like wine and Kirk was easily embarrassed by compliments. When all was said and done, Kirk's family was united in their enthusiasm for Ali.

Last on the list was Chicago, where Ali found Frank. Frank truly got ready for this date, declining to shave and showing off his best undershirt for the occasion. After a boat ride where Frank freaked out about his future, the two went to the home Frank shares with his parents.

Frank's mom said Ali had settled in nicely with the family, and it felt like they'd been dating for a year. (Maybe that explains Frank's slovenly fashion sense.) Frank admitted to his father that the show has taken a lot out of him (including the ability to dress himself), but that Ali is worth it.

In the end, Ali bid farewell to Kirk, who said he never saw it coming.  Ali said she cared about Kirk, but didn't think he was the one.

Next week, Ali and the remaining suitors will head to Tahiti, where one contestant drops a bombshell.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelorette" episode?

1. icon clip art

Very similar.

P.S. Please review Free Large Design Icons from animatedicons6

September 18, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. icons

I think, that you commit an error.

P.S. Please review Filter Icon from database-icons

September 17, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. icons

I confirm. All above told the truth. We can communicate on this theme.

P.S. Please review 12×12 Free Toolbar Icons from Ikonga

September 17, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. icons

What good topic

P.S. Please review App Tab Bar Icons for iPhone from icondesignernet51

September 17, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. this

This is very fascinating, You are an excessively professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for searching for more of your magnificent post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

June 22, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nick182

hey there i heard about a site named iphone5inside taking preorders for
    iphone5.Did anyone happen to have experience with them.are they ligid or just another scam site?

September 28, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. keep smiling

I did not like the guys to much at first. Roberto is the one that stood out for me, hes got what a girl wants... But Ali is questioning Roberto's playfulness? hes a bit on the serious side but, I think he can be great fun!
    Chris is the other one I really like, I think he will open up... I can see him becoming real close with his wife, he seems to be more couscous, protecting himself because Ali could boot him off anytime...
    Frank has a girlfriend??? Do these guys really have such a hard time understanding the rules??? Best wishes to you all :)

July 19, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kimmerson

My opinion is that Ali is a bit shallow. Either that or she has trouble articulating her thoughts. Maybe that is why she users buffer words like 'amazing' all the time. Just because she continues to say she is looking for love, she's ready, she wants to find the right one, I don't feel like there is any depth to what she is saying. It's just rhetoric. Perhaps she feels uncomfortable really opening up in front of the camera and the show is edited so much that we don't hear alot of the real conversations between her and the guys. As far as the guys are concerned, I do agree that Frank's dressing is a bit lax at time, but that's his personality. He doesn't need to impress her with fancy jeans or a decorative Sinful t-shirt, so good for him. Roberto is beautiful – I agree that if he does not get picked, that he should indeed be the next Bachelor. Although my vote would be for Kypton, he is already doing the 'Bachlor Pad'. I don't find Chris particularly attractive. I may be way off but he reminds me of an actor, hmmm, was it the mean prison guard from 'Shawshank Redemption' or the cop from 'Pet Cemetary'? I don't know, he seems very awkward.

July 14, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. Annie

I don't know if Ali is as genuine and charming as she appears. She seems a bit fake to me, especially when she opened her eyes wide everytime when listening to others. The image of her being condescending and inpatient w/ one of the other girls in the previous show is still valid. Maybe that's why Frank is having second thought...On the other hand, I'd like to recommend Chris to be the next BACHELOR if he doesnt' get picked. Hope he doesn't, although it'll be hard to see him being heartbroken. Will love to see his face more........I love Frank too. He's the intelligent and analytical type.

July 14, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. deb

Ali seems self-absorbed and immature to me. I can't see her settling down with anyone for at least a few more years. She seems like a partier. My favorite is Chris. Alberto is great as well but somehow I don't see Ali picking any of these guys. She should have kept Kirk and gotten rid of Frank but chemistry is a funny thing. I would never have been attracted to Frank. Give me Craig or Roberto any day. I'm not that thrilled with Ali. I know she's "well educated" and all of that good stuff but she comes across as a kid, and not very classy.

July 13, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Miz Dee

Chris L. is dreamy, lovely man on the inside and so nice on the eyes outside...great family, he's the catch of the show, yummy! *sigh* I wish I weren't 50, ROFL

July 13, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. shirl

first of all, as far as i am concerned,,i am so darn happy Frank does what he does next week, cause Ali~~ where are your brains????? you left a great guy guy,,your tears,,,your *I amm sorry*s,,You kept Frank,,,now what will happen when he spills the beans about his unfaithfulness and not doing right by the shows rules? Come on~~~~~~ you left a few guys go ,,,and You Kept FRANK,,OMG~..actuallly i see ya with Jake still,,,and right now,other then FRANK, LEFT for now,,and wont be soon,,since the show is already done,,in real time,,,,I BET YOU END up with no one and your heart pines for Jakes still,,,but i must say,,,u will have 3 great guys left,,once Frank gets out of there,,,

July 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jim

It must be tough for Ali to visit theirs homes, meet theirs families and then dump them ! http://bit.ly/WatchAliPick

July 13, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Dede

I, too, don't see the charm or beauty that so many seem to mention when talking about Ali. She appears disingenuous and self absorbed. A box of rocks in their shining glory, hold my interest longer...and yet, I can't stop watching. Many of the men participating this season could benefit from a life coach; or maybe just a life.

I agree with STLrose, Roberto, or any other man of color would be a great addition to the franchise. It's all getting to be a bit too vanilla for me.

July 13, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. STLrose

First of all, I'd like to express our households' request that Chris L. be the next Bachelor. What a great guy!
    Second of all, someone PLEASE needs to get Frank to destroy his white undershirts and buy grown man clothes. Nobody wants to see that much neckline on a guy.
    Third of all, Ali is the most boring lead of any of the seasons we have watched. Dull as a rock.
    Roberto would also make a good bachelor, finally giving the series a bit of variety from the single white male.

July 13, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • BB

I couldn't agree more. She is boring me to tears, can't talk without eating half of the words, her laugh makes me crinch, and everything is AMAZING here and AMAZING there. Frank acts and looks like he may need to see a therapist.

July 13, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • teresa

I agree about Frank's low cut T-shirt. Who makes those and why would anyone wear one???

July 13, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Esther

I noticed how Chris's father is a great guy. I am sorrow for his lost of his wife. Would there be a way to
    email him? I am a single christian woman . Please give my email to Chris's father .
    Esther

July 13, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  17. dani

I think I fell in love with kirk watching this ep. what a crazy awesome down-to-earth family he has, and surrounded by them, you can really see what a great guy kirk himself is. I'm not surprised ali didn't pick him. as far as I can tell she's too self-absorbed to be deeply interested in anyone deep enough to be good husband material. I won't be watching the last 3 battle it out for her "love;" all the interesting contenders are gone. Good luck to you kirk! you deserve an amazing woman!!!

July 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Robin

Ali isn't going to find love on this show – maybe lust but not love. It's a contest for goodness sake. Everyone is on their best behavior and you have to see all sides of a person to know if you love them or NOT!! It is good entertainment though and I do like Ali. I think she will go on to better things int he Entertainment business. People just are drawn to her. She seems so natural and likeable. Too good for any of them I think.

July 13, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Interesting

I fail to see where this show is primarily about a Bachelor/Bachelorette finding true love... all it seems like to me is strictly entertainment... at the expense of the people involved.

July 13, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • nahupsi

THE BACHELORETTE 6.8 RECAP: THE REASON WHY ALI WILL CHOOSE NO ONE AT THE SHOW’S FINALE!

NAHU'S PSYCHIC JOURNALISM~