July 9th, 2010

Who's seeing 'Despicable Me' this weekend?

If the summer box office trend continues with animated films being better than almost everything Hollywood studios have thought of, Steve Carell’s “Despicable Me” (with a score crafted by N.E.R.D.’s Pharrell, no less) is going to be a top choice for moviegoers.

If you’re planning on seeing it – with your kids, someone else’s kids, or even solo – submit an iReport and let us know what you think. Critics are pretty much satisfied with the flick so far, calling it heartwarming and lovable, and we want to know if you agree. Is it really as good as the critics have said? And is it one of those movies that kids and adults alike can enjoy?

Check back here on Monday for a round-up of your reviews!

Filed under: movies

1. famason

I saw it with my 2 boys.
    They liked it as much as any other movie that doesnt involve a superhero.
    As for me, I expected more from it. It was VERY cute and full of heart but didnt incorporate any "adult humor" as movies like Shriek and such has done in the past.
    Still worth the money for a sweet family outing.

July 12, 2010 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Murray

Saw it yesterday with my 6 1/2 year old grandson. We both loved it. Very enjoyable!!!

July 12, 2010 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. HFunk

PERFECT running-time for kids; with a nice balance of action cool-trinket science gear, goofy comic relief and sweet child/parent relationship drama. Laughed out loud a few times and never felt like the film pandered to kids, which often sacrifices plot and an intelligent storyline. SMART, FUNNY and CHARMING.

July 12, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. SV

It really was lovable!!!!!!!

July 12, 2010 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Raghu

I watched this movie this evening and it was very good. Better than Toy Story 3 in my opinion. Interesting side note, Kobe Bryant and his family were in attendance for the same show.

July 12, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Fred

I saw it too and while it was a good movie, I personally don't think it was in the same league as Toy Story 3. Sorry, but no one compares to the quality of Pixar.

July 12, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. Randall

I took my children to this movie yesterday. We all laughed so much we will have to see it again to hear the whole film. As did the entire theater-kids and adults. I have not heard so many adults laugh out loud in an animated film-EVER. IT was nice to see a wonderful family film not by PIXAR. The look and feel were new and very well crafted. I do not agree that the funny parts were all aired on commercials. The roller coaster makes the 3D price worth it-just by itself. GOOD 3D, good film very funny. Worth seeing more than once even at todays ticket prices.

July 12, 2010 at 2:23 am | Report abuse |
    • famason

I forgot all about the 3-D roller coaster ride! That would have been awsome! My oldest gets headaches and sick to his tummy when we go 3-D.... *sigh*

July 12, 2010 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. Warren Dodge

Great flick. Funny, good story. Awesome 3D. Good for kids and adults.

July 11, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Amanda

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It was wildly creative, unpredictable and completely believable at the same time. I laughed, I cried (out loud in the theater even, which is rare), and I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

NOTE: I did not see the 3-D version, but I think I would have been disappointed. It was great in just plain old 2-D and I think Hollywood is overdoing 3-D these days to a point when it can actually take away from a film's charm.

July 11, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Frank in KC

My wife and I saw it yesterday and loved it. It starts a little slow but once the loveable minions (actual minions, not a pun referring to the kids) join the show, it becomes an easy ride with lots of laughter. There was applause at the end from folks in the theater, including myself. Very well done.

July 11, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MarkinCA

Reading another post reminded me that the audience where I was at also applauded at the end. For the occassional movie I see in the theater this isn't that rare, but – then again – last movie I saw in theater was Avatar in 3D – so people did applaud at the end of that movie too.

July 11, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MarkinCA

Saw it yesterday with wife and 13 year old son. He had been bugging us to take him. I think he enjoyed it, but maybe a little immature for him.. On the otherhand – my wife – who usually does not like cartoon movies – really liked it because of the heartwarming part. I thought it was amuzing – and yes – choked up at the end. What can I say – I am a softy. I think young children and parents who are open to this kind of thing – will at least enjoy it – especially if they can go with their child / chindren. Our son is a probably just a little old for this – and was probably a little disappointed – but he still enjoys going to a movie with his parents and knows that we are sentimental – so he was probably glad we enjoyed it – although not cool to say so. :-) Enjoy it for what it is and savor those moments you can have with your kids.And I am NOT going to spelllcheck this – just not that important.

July 11, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Patricia E.

It seemed cute – from what I recall. Unfortunately, I had to leave my daughter and husband in the theatre 2/3 of the way through because the 3D effects caused me to become violently ill. Only 2D movies for me from now on – glad I hadn't attempted Avatar. Promised my daughter to see it again with her on 2D DVD. Loved the Pharrell theme song, though.

July 11, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bassn

Great flick! A few friends and I (all adults) went to see the movie on Friday. The entire audiance laughed the entire time. So much that I'll have to rent it to catch up on the parts we laughed through. Oh and there was a lot more than just what was in the previews. Good times and great laughs.

July 11, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DaveO

Took my kids this Friday–the rated the movie totally awesome.. The audience actually applauded at the end – pretty rare.

July 11, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Carrie

My husband and I went to see it Friday night and we both loved it. We both found it funny and touching...and we don't have any kids.

It sounds like some people are upset by the lack of charecter development and unanswered questions. I think it was incredibly smart to leave that info out. I can easily see another movie or even a TV series come out of this. I doubt we have seen the last of GRU.

July 11, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Shay

I absolutely LOVED this movie and so did my children. It was so funny, cute, and adorable.

July 11, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Tony

Nope, much more interested in seeing "Predators" which is getting very good reviews on Rottentomatoes.com.

That's pretty much the movie to see at the moment and in a few weeks the other big hot movie will be Nolan's Inception. ;)

July 11, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. Melissa

The movie was creative and funny.

July 11, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. bob

I saw it for the twinkie dudes, but steve carrell is awesome in this.

July 11, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  20. Chris M

This is a great movie. Don't let anyone tell you any different. And you must see it in 3D. Don't let anyone tell you different.

July 11, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  21. Elaine

I saw this movie in 2D friday night with two friends and my tween daughter..we all LOVED it!

July 11, 2010 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  22. Carl P

I took my two daughters to see it (ages 8 and 10)....... they both enjoyed it a lot .... but I think I liked it the most. I found myself laughing out loud quite a few times. I think the 3D was worth the extra money, if only for the roller coaster scene (yikes). Though I would have been just as happy seeing the 2-D version.

July 11, 2010 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  23. Greg W

Saw it Saturday Afternoon (not in 3D). The kids liked it. My wife kept laughing throughout the film. I thought it had a few high points, but overall seemed "bland" when compared to Toy Story and The Incredibles and Cars (My favorite Pixar flicks).

Maybe I'm just spoiled with the Disney/Pixar way of doing things. However, don't get me wrong, it was a good movie to take the kids to (mine actually paid attention and didn't talk the entire way through).

I felt a few characters could have been expanded through the movie (Vector really didn't get a lot of airtime in my opinion) and the minions were tremendously funny, but nothing about their origins (other than Gru telling the adopted kids they were "cousins").

Overall I'd give it a 4 out of 5 rating. A good flick to take the kids to (or a date perhaps).

July 11, 2010 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  24. Sam H

It was delightful, but if you really want to see quality animation and an even better story, try to find The Secret of Kells in a theater. Now THAT was worth the movie theater prices.

July 11, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  25. minion number three

thank you for all your heartwarming cooments.

July 11, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  26. Zoomom

Predictable, but thoroughly enjoyable. Many, many jokes that only adults will get. I'd willingly see it a second time.

July 11, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  27. B

27 year old daughter and I just saw it.
    Both enjoyed it.
    Where can I get a copy of the sleepy kittens book? :) ;)

July 11, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  28. Carlos

Just saw the movie a couple of hours ago, it was great !; the minions are funny to the bone. The plot is simple, funny and hearwarming.... A must see movie !; either by yourself or with kids, you'll end up crying of all the laughter and inside jokes.....

July 11, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  29. HK

Went to see it with my 21 year old son- we both loved it!!!

July 11, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  30. Peter Maranci

My eight-year-old son nearly laughed himself into hysteria; he loved it. My wife really liked it too. Me, I enjoyed it quite a bit, but it didn't quite carry me away. It's a good, funny movie, but there were no real surprises in it; it lacked the touch of genius that characterizes truly great movies such as "The Iron Giant". It's well worth seeing, though! I'd give it 7.5 stars out of ten, or a solid "B".

July 11, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  31. Christina

Took our 9 yr old to see it at a packed theater last night. Loved it!! Was really surprised at how many adults without children came to see it. Saw two grown men down a couple of seats from us loaded up with popcorn and drinks laughing themselves silly. Plan on seeing it again when it comes out on DVD.

July 10, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Larry in Colorado

Enjoyable family fare. I liked Toy Story 3 better but this film is definitely enjoyable. The kids were into it and laughing.

July 10, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Heather Jeane

Am I the only parent in the western hemisphere who would rather watch oatmeal dry to the bottom of a cereal bowl than see another "Charming/clever/insta-classic" pop culture filled cartoon movie?

July 10, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinCA

Yes, but don't beat yourself up over it. You may just have low seratonin levels – or I hear having a vitamin D defficiency can do that to you too. Or maybe you just don't get enough time away from the kids with adults? For me – too much time at work and on travel away from my kids – so the few hearwarming movie times I can spend with them are precious to me. Unfortunately, I think my situation is probably too common (not enough time with the kids), which may be why so many parents love (or at least enoy) these kinds of movies.

July 11, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. LivsMama

I took my 3 yr old daughter and 5 yr old niece to see this today. We all thought it was funny. The girls giggled throughout and I even teared up a few times :) Very well done. We will buy it when it's out on DVD. Makes me want a fluffy unicorn and a hug from my Dad <3 (If you watch it you will know what I mean)

July 10, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Vix

We went last night (friday). It was me, my 40 year old boyfriend, and my 13 year old daughter, we all loved it and I think my bf laughed more than my daughter, but VERY enjoyable movie, may even go again while it's in theatres....good job!!!!

July 10, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vix's Boyfriend

Vix...that movie was horrible. I wish I had gone with my other girlfriend...at least i would have got some action or something... jeeez.

July 10, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Carter Tinlegs

I'm 24 years old and I saw this movie tonight. It is a great movie! Funny, heartwarming, and a clever movie.

July 10, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Mike Bravo

Saw it with the kids. Good movie. We all enjoyed it.

July 10, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. SanCam

One word keeps coming to mind: "Lightbulb" ;)

LOVED IT!!!! This movie was a unexpected, wonderful surprise for my family.

July 10, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Dev

Nice move.......minions stole the show......worth every penny spent

July 10, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Danny Santos

Can't understand the haters, the movie was appealing. I enjoed it.

July 10, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Sofia

I took my little sister to watch this movie, and both of us loved it, it was cute and funny and the over all theme was heartwarming

July 10, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Lee Lago

We saw this movie today, and it was adorable. The little yellow minions were hilarious, and the story was really sweet. Reminded me of "Up."

July 10, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Sandra

I saw this with my 6yo who hates movies and she loved it. The story is predictable but the movie is well-made and the characters are funny. I am still laughing at "Bank of Evil, formerly Lehman Brothers".

July 10, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  44. louise

I took my 4 year old grandson, my 6 year old granddaughter and my soon-to-be 9 year old grandson to see this movie along with my skeptical 68 year old husband. We all 5 loved it, it was funny, it was full of action, the 3-D was good, it was sentimental, besides laughing I caught myself few tears for the sweet moments. And who could not fall in love with the Amanda character. Hey it's not Gone with the Wind, but it was fun and entertaining, what more could you ask for?

July 10, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ray

Cute and charming, and more suitable for the younger kids. But there's really not much of a plot. It's funny and entertaining, but better than Toy Story 3? No way. That ANIMATED movie made grown men cry. Not an easy feat.

July 10, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Lori

This was a fantastic movie. I laughed hard the entire movie. I have never written a review but this one deserves it.

July 10, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. steve

I'm blind in one eye, 3D stinks! Just saying not everyone is into 3D even though it seems to be getting pushed these days.
    The movie itself seems cute.

July 10, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • LivsMama

You should have seen it in 2D, silly. We had to call 3 different theaters to find it, but it can be done! (my 3 yr old won't wear the 3D glasses) I don't understand the hype with the 3D...

July 10, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • steve

the hype is that it looks good to people who can use BOTH eyes. It just doesn't work for me, I don't have the problem your obnoxious 3 year old has where they can't sit still long enough to watch a movie. next time keep your comments to yourself...

July 10, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. CeCe

Saw this movie today........my 6 year old actually fell asleep, and I couldn't wait for it to be over. This was insanely boring compared to movies like Toy Story 3 and How To Train Your Dragon.

July 10, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Joe

Saw the movie today. The minions are my favorite!

July 10, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Cheryl

Great movie. I had heard nothing about it. Hubby wanted to go. All I knew is that it was animated. We went to a 3-D version of the movie & it was great. No kids went along, although there were many in the audience.

July 10, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Louis Lee

This movie was wonderful. Great story line. I'm not a Steve Carell fan, but really loved his performance in this movie. Some say the plot was predictable. Yes, but it was done in an imaginative way. The minions stole the show, but didn't hi-jack the movie. I took my 17-year-old son to see it and we both loved it. The 3D effects were nice, but by no means necessary to enjoy the movie.

July 10, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Kris

I took my three children to see it this afternoon. The movie is entertaining for both children and adults. I had only one problem with the film. I have one child who is adopted, and I was concerned with how the orphans were treated in the movie. If you have adopted children just be aware that orphanges are shown in a very negative light. The adoption process was also glossed over–we are given the impression that anyone could walk in an orphanage and walk out with kids. While this is obviously fiction, this might be a sensitive area for some children.

July 10, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Jack Meoff

I don't like these annoying animated movies. They are LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. All of these big budget animatedfilms have voice over actors who scream a lot and the animated characters fall down and make lots of noise and it is supposed to entertain me. FAIL.

July 10, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • LivsMama

Better to be absolutely ridiculous than ridiculously boring.

July 10, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack Meoff

I don't understand what your problem is. Just because I live in my mother's basement and she's jacking meoff doesn't mean that i'm rediculously boring. I just don't understand people like you who feel the need to make fun of people. At least I get action from someone... even though it's my mother and she feels obligated to do so. Oh boy! I'm going to download this movie from the internet and watch it while I get some wicked action from mommy.

July 10, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Britt

Ah, loving the usual smattering of grouchy people on CNN forums who find reasons to gripe about any(every)thing. This movie looks cute! We've laughed at the trailer each time we've seen it. Can't wait!

July 10, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Cathy

Very funny movie! I didn;t see 3D because my eyes don't work with those, but it was amazing anyway!

July 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • MEEP

کګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴliarکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴ

July 10, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Erica

I just say this last night. I thought it was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time! Honestly, it had humor for all ages and people. I would highly recommend it!

July 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • MEH

کګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴڡڡڠٹٸڋڲڰڜڝڞڟڠڡڦڧڨڪکګڿھڽڼںڸڵڳۅڱڜڛښڴ

July 10, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  57. v

I saw it yesterday and I loved it. I wouldn't say it was perfect, there were parts that were kind of slow and some humorous moments that were tad bit forced, and the story itself was sort of predictable, but it was overall just a sweet, touching, funny film that was worth seeing.

July 10, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  58. shocked!

i plan to see the movie tonight and when i came to look at the comments i was wildly entertained by all the insults and backlash you people threw at each other. its too bad the good reviews that actually have to do with the types of people and thier real opinions on the film are not untill the very bottom. still you all made my work day go just a little faster

July 10, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grammar Police

And your comments contributed to the relevant discussion how?

July 10, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Liz

I just saw it yesterday and loved it. It was an adorable film, and very funny. Definitely bring the kids to see this one, they'll love it.

July 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Carey

I took my 9 year old and almost-3 year old to this movie and we thought it was great. Enough grown-up references to keep the parents interested and plenty of goofiness for the kids.

July 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Freddie

Not that anyone will care at all, but I won't be able to comment on this film until it's rentable. Not many movies are worth $10. And I'm not in the mood to experiment. But it looks like many people are; Cameron personally pocketed $350,000,000 for Avatar. He's a genius, I agree. But c'mon!

July 10, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  62. Bill

We took our kids to see it, and just absolutely loved it. The minions were awesome. I've watch a lot of movies this summer, and it made us laugh more than any other movie. I am normally not one that enjoys too many kid movies, but I enjoyed this one!

July 10, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  63. Shanno

Saw it yesterday and really liked it. Not a great plot, but great dialog and "small moments" as some of the other commenters have said. As the mother of three little girls about those ages, I could see a lot of truth in the movie. One thing we noticed too late – there was a poster outside the theater with a barcode. If you read the barcode with your cell phone, it would translate the minions during the movie. I want to go back to just try that!

July 10, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • alice

Going to see this movie tonight.... Date night for my husband (70) and I (60).I want to be entertained... I want to (for a moment) not think about the oil leak, the world situations, or dinner , for just a short time.... tell me about the cell phone thing?

July 10, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
    • v

yeah, i thought the plot could have been a little bit better, it was very predictable, but the movie as a whole was so cute, and so were the minions!

July 10, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • flame

Actually, Droid has a free app that's available to translate the Minions as well. There was an alert on several sites to download the app and pay special attention to the ending credits of the 3D version.

Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere (literally the boonies before you hit the sticks) and will only be able to see the 2D version at the drive in, so I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to post the translation and end credits on line somewhere.

July 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  64. jojo

is there any language in it like stupid or fart (or worse) that i wouldn't want my 4 yr. old to hear?

July 10, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Shanno

There's a fart gun in it.

July 10, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • LivsMama

Really? You cannot be serious. My 3.5 yr old hears a lot of stuff that I would rather she not, but I've taught her manners and she has class. So she speaks like a little lady without me putting her in a bubble. You need to loosen up. You need to be the parent and teach your child right from wrong instead of shielding him/her from the world. I bet your 4 yr old still has a pacifier and isn't potty trained.

July 10, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jojo's Husband

@LivsMama:

She doesn't like them to hear Fart or Stupid, but she doesn't mind if they go to the strip joint to watch her "work"... it's an interesting relationship to say the least. You should have heard her on our wedding night, it's the only time I've heard her talk dirty... oh oh oh oh oh oh FAAAARRRTT!

July 10, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thorrsman

Actually, while there is a joke about the "fart" gun, the word is never used. "I said I wanted a DART gun not a...oh never mind!"

July 10, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • jojo's kid

Dad, lighten the fuhck up already you dam dooooche! I'm frickin 4 years old! Cut the cord!
      What a dihck!

July 11, 2010 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  65. John

This movie is fantastic! Of course the star-studded cast helped bring these hilarious characters to life, and it was such a charming story. There were many moments that I laughed out loud, this movie is hilarious!

July 10, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  66. Angie

Took my granddaughter to see the movie today and she enjoyed it. Of course I enjoyed it too. It was our day together, and seeing the smile on her face and hearing her laughter made this day a special day for both of us.

July 10, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  67. Andy

Next week.

- A

July 10, 2010 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  68. Rich

I find it interesting that people note how it's a great movie for kids and adults alike, but these posts are almost entirely people taking their kids to see it. I'm not saying it's a bad movie, or adults won't like it, but it's an interesting observation.

July 10, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Beej

My husband and I saw it last night with my brother and his wife. We are all over 40. No kids for any of us. We loved it!

July 10, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • v

i don't really see what's so interesting, it's a kid's movie, rated PG, is it really news that many people bring their kids to see an animated movie?

July 10, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brandy

ITS SO FLUFFY!! We were in gigglefits the whole time. My husband and I went with two friends went to see it, all of us in our late 20s. Definitely enjoyable, even for adults without children.

July 11, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Michael

Just got back from watching this movie with my 12 year old twins. We had a blast. I'd encourage any parent or everyone who wants to see a funny movie (go to the 3D version) with a great ending to see it.
    Haters can stay away...they'll be a Lindsey Lohan movie out for you someday soon.

July 10, 2010 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  70. Akshaya

I can't wait to see this movie!! It's awesome!

July 10, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  71. andrea

six of us just saw it – five adults and a 7 year old. we all loved it. totally fun, sweet, and funny.

July 10, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  72. Katie

Saw it with my seven year old. He and the other kids in the audience laughed almost continuously. For adults, the sign that reads "Bank of Evil – formerly Lehman Brothers" makes it worth the long lines and ticket price.

July 10, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  73. steve

My twin 9 yr olds and their 50 year old Dad loved it. Best 3-D FX ever. Love the minions, esp at the end. The adult behavior was extremely cold from the banker to the orphanage lady to his partner to Gru's original aloofness and coldness to girls to his pathological seeking of approval from (also cold) Mom was only downside.
    And some of the childish and plain assinine comments from several other people are between sad and laughably pathetic.

July 9, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Dan

Is this another advertisement for it? I'm so tired of all of the ads and product placements for this movie. How much are they spending on the advertising blitz?

July 9, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom of Three

It's a total conspiracy. There are even DM crop circles. Be paranoid, be very paranoid!

July 11, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  75. Thorrsman

Fun little movie. Not a lot of those "adult inside jokes", just a straight story, rather heartwarming in a mild and amusing way. Enjoyable, worth the matinee price, unlikely to spawn sequels.

July 9, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  76. shanon

My 8 and 5 year old loved it. They liked it better than Toy Story 3, The Last Air Bender, and the Karate Kid. It is a great kids movie.

July 9, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Pam

Hysterical and heart warming! My daughter (7 yrs) and I both loved it!!

July 9, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  78. michelle

Seen it with my daughter and we both loved it!!!

July 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  79. hash

a great movie......liked it....

July 9, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  80. tammie

It was fantastic and I'm not a fan of kids movies at all. I laughed a lot and was really touched by the plot. My kids also loved it. Definitely worth seeing.

July 9, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  81. james

Good for both Kids and Adults, Loved the movie!!

July 9, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  82. DSH

The movie was entertaining, very cute and lots of fun, but all the best parts of the movie are already shown in all the ads on TV! The rest of the movie was just filler in between the ad spots. Would have been nice if the advertising had held back a few "surprises" for us. But still a good show for kids and adults alike.

July 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • v

I agree. They really did overdo it with the advertising and many of the funny parts were already shown in the commercials and previews. would have been nice if there were a bit more surprises, i guess my main problem with the movie was that there wasn't really any "shocking" or "surprising" moment or scene because we've already seen them. Still, a great movie.

July 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. rem

it was one of the dumbest films on the planet, no comparison to Toy Story 3
    Disney-Pixar is the best
    no other studio can compare!

July 9, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • psn

Rem-

you are a narrow minded dork. This film was original and fun, and kids loved it. Enjoy only watching Pixar, and missing out on other interesting things. (do you work for Disney?)

July 10, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rem

stuff it man, find another 3 letter name to use... mine's better.

July 10, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Summer

I took my 3 children to see the matinee today. We loved the movie, a very nice summer movie for the kids to enjoy. My daughter asked if we could buy the DVD when it came out! This movie was much better than the Last Air Bender.

July 9, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Rich

Man, they have really pimped this movie out. You can't avoid non stop promotion for it.

July 9, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  86. AS

Saw it with my niece and nephews today and we all loved it AND I bought the soundtrack this afternoon. Pharrell and company did a great job on the score. Overall, time well spent with the family. :-)

July 9, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Audrey Nickel

I wish I could see it, but my local theater is only showing the 3D version. I wish movie makers would clue into the fact that a significant sector of the population can't watch movies in 3D. My husband and daughter may try to see it this weekend, but I guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on disc.

I had the same issue with Toy Story 3 and Shrek...three summer movies now that I'd have happily paid to see in theaters if I'd have had any chance of being able to watch them. I got lucky and was able to see "How to Train Your Dragon" in 2D...that's been the sum total of my summer movie watching.

July 9, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rich

I totally agree. I can watch movies in 3D but every time I do I feel like it's a waste of money and I get tired of the glasses. It's definitely not worth paying basically double to see it in 3D.

July 9, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Edward

Took family to see it. My two children (daughter, 10, and son, 6) enjoyed the entire 110 minutes of it. This was pretty good considering my ADD son can't usually make it through an hour cartoon at home. The movie does get sappy. (It is a family movie after all), but I love the minions. They are a great "secondary" character, like the LGM of Toy Story, but these guys actually have real addition to the movie overall.

July 9, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Faith

Just got back from taking my 4 year old son and judging by his reactions, he was very entertained! Ok Mom was entertained too :) Enjoy!

July 9, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  90. ADW

I just saw this movie with my 6 and 13 year old boys. We giggled a lot and left with smiles on our faces. The minions, little girls and the voice work by Steve Carell make this movie very entertaining.

July 9, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Heather8875

@confused – If you've seen any of the commercials, you'd understand "SOOOOOOOFLUFFFAYYY". ("He's so flully I'm going to die!!")

July 9, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • confused

I suppose that would require me to watch tv on a regular basis... rather than my 30 minutes a week.

July 9, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

Wow, supercilious AND a curmudgeon! Have fun...

July 9, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Hey, why let not having seen a ubiquitous commercial on TV, nor the movie it promotes stop you from criticising someone else's "unintelligibly bad spelling", when they are just quoting from what is probably one of the best lines of the film? Intelligible enough?

July 9, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • BFD

Mark, don't use words like that. He'll only become more confused.

July 10, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Rog

Actually confused, you'll probably have to break a few minutes away from your WoW account.

July 10, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  92. beenz

Hey, it's better than going to another crappy remake. At least this one is an 'original'. I'm looking forward to seeing the minions!

July 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  93. hannah

SAW IT! IT WAS SOOOOOOOFLUFFFAYYY!

I loved it.

July 9, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • confused

Not sure whether I should take "SOOOOOOOFLUFFFAYYY" as a good thing or a bad thing. If you like, I'll go see the movie, and then post a random collection of letters describing how I feel, too. Maybe something like UUUUSSSSSSNNNNNEEEQQQQQQQQQQQ! Please translate that for me; I'm not fluent in unintelligibly bad spelling.

July 9, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

Lol...I love your enthusiasm! I'm definitely seeing this movie.

July 9, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

Maybe confused should watch the movie. Maybe he/she would lighten up. Go get a laugh, sounds like you need one.

July 9, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • habahero

YAAAY SOFLUFFAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :D! It's amazing to see supposed adults insult some poor girl who just wanted to express how much she liked the movie. You realize that these could be your children that are being bullied, right?

July 10, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paula

Hannah was referring to the line in the movie where Gru won the little girl a stuffed unicorn at the amusement park. She said "it's so fluffy".. and dragged it out. So before you (Confused) type know what you are talking about. Great movie. Took my 10 yr old son to see it this afternoon. Will buy it once avail.

July 10, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rog

Completely agree Hannah! And for confused, I think the name fits you pretty well, you might want to go see Marmaduke instead. Maybe it'll make more sense to you.

July 10, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  94. RS

I'm going this weekend, and my parents are going with me. The three of us think this movie looks cute. My 13 yr old nephew wants to see it, so I'm taking him with me next week to see it. Can't wait. It looks really adorable. Besides I'm a fan of Steve Carell. I think he's very funny.

July 9, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  95. AEK

First of all, this is a blog post about a cartoon movie and I don't think it's that serious to be commenting on each others spelling or grammar. Also, how can someone say that they are not a fan of something that they haven't seen? A better way of putting it would be "I'm not a fan of cartoon movies, but will be checking this movie out anyway", because that's exactly what I plan on doing!

July 9, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Audrey

I loved it and so did all the adults that saw it with me.

July 9, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Lebron James and Dan Gilbert

We are!!!

July 9, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  98. ZipBam

@LM, your husband is a braver man than most. He has my respect.

July 9, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. LM

It was fine - not clever like the great movies for kids/adults, but heartwarming. I'm just glad I got to take the kids to this one. My husband signed up for Marmaduke.

July 9, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Wilson

I saw this film in an advanced showing last week, and I was pretty impressed. I expected just another mindless cartoon, but was surprised by how much heart and humor is in this film. In a summer of disappointing movies, this one stands out as truly being worth the money. And it also makes me wish I had some Minions of my own.

July 9, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Pat

I am sooooooo sick of the commercials (running on every TV station for at least a month), there's no way in h*ll I'm going to this movie.

July 9, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Los

Agree 100%

July 9, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • gaffigah

Maybe you wouldn't be sick of them if you didn't watch so much TV, or even better, if you just got all of your programming online. I haven't seen a single trailer for this movie and didn't know it even existed until the news. I watch my shows on Netflix, cacca Hulu and network websites, and having canceled cable almost two years ago, I actually don't miss it and watch a lot less TV than I used to.

July 10, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trevor

Pat-

Sorry you don't like ads, but this movie is great. We all thoroughly enjoyed it, and especially the group of kids behind us laughing their brains out during the movie. They loved it so much, we loved it more.

July 10, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • tobismaximus

...and yet you took the time to read this link.
      ...and took the time to post this comment...

July 11, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat

@tobismaximus – a question was asked and I responded to it. You're an idiot.

@gaffigah – I don't watch "so much" TV. Only about 10 hours a week. Unfortunately, the studio purchased a lot of time on the station to which I tune. Sounds like you watch more TV programming than I do but you view it on a computer.

July 12, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  102. kb

Going to see it tonight with a friend. It looks adorable. I can't wait.

July 9, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Brenda

Went to the 12am showing =) I loved it but it was a bit slow in the start. As it went further in, the little moments in it were the ones that made the movie touching. =)

July 9, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  104. bethradd

This is my next movie for my weekly movie nights :) Can't wait to see it!

July 9, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Devryn

My wife has been dieing to see this movie for months, so we will see it tonight or tomorrow.

July 9, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elaina

Suppose someone is typing really fast on a cell phone? It's not that serious to be laughing at other peoples grammar! Get a life!!!

July 9, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ericjw

Elaina, no need to show your hatred of others.

Devryn, I hope your wife and you enjoy this film!!!

July 10, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  106. Julie

Loved it – minions were awesome. Although the overall plot is pretty predictable, it's the "little moments" in this movie that make it so good. The scene where Carell's character is reading the story to the girls is classic.

July 9, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Agreed. I took my 6 & 8 yr. old girls to see it. That scene reminded me of the the finger books my wife and I used to read to them when they were much younger. I'll admit I got a little choked up.

July 9, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  107. basqueman

This was a great movie. I laughed from beginning to end. I thought it was better than Toy Story 3. Love the minions!!

July 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • v

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was better than toy story 3 (why even make the comparison anyway?), but it was certainly very good, funny, and touching!

July 10, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Becky Young

I will be taking my God Daughter (who is already obsessed with "apickables") to it this evening. She is 2 years old and went to her first 3D movie – Toy Story 3 – last week. She is SO excited!

July 9, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

You take a 2-year-old to 3-D movies? Have you run that by her pediatrician? Three-D movies are hard on the eyes, and can cause seizures in some people. I would not advise putting such a young child through that.

July 9, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Megan

It was cute. Definately not worth it to pay extra for 3d...3d added nothing to the movie!

July 10, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Brett Linck

As a pediatrician with a young child who has seen multiple 3d movies, I can happily tell you not to worry so much. yes, some people do get headaches...if that happens, go to the 2d version next time.

July 10, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  109. ZipBam

A whole lot of no one.

July 9, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • YOU'RE a bad speller

At least he can spell, "Your a sheep"

July 9, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Griggs

I saw the movie last night with my girlfriend, there were alot of kids but also alot of teens (not seeing Twlight)..anyway that movie was great! The little minnons kept us laughing. and the critics were right, it is lovable and enjoyable. I highly recommend this movie to all families and yes I think its better than Toy Story 3.

July 10, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • jasmine whispers

What a great movie! Very creative. The art work is fantastic!!! We loved it, especially in 3D.

July 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stef

Saw it in 3D last night. Probably the best movie I have seen in a theatre in years. Funny, adventurous, heartwarming, and a great storyline!

July 10, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

Love, love, loved it! Best kids movie I have seen in a while. 3-d was awesome!

July 10, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • slp

I saw this today with my 5-year-old daughter and we both LOVED it! It is sweet, funny and touching. It even made me tear up at some of the dad/daughter interaction. Go see this movie!

July 10, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosemarie Orlick

I thought that this was the first child's movie that was actually made for children. I took my grandkids 5-10 years old and they all laughed. They were not frightened to tears but actually got all of the jokes. There were a few very jokes just for adults. (Bank of Evil, formally Lehman Brothers) It actually was just a visual. Take your children, they will all love it.

July 10, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kirk

I took my 11 daughter, 16 son and 19 son to see it. Yes old dad here teared up at the end. Excellent movie to see. My kids loved it. I have seen alot of these type of movies for kids and this one set the bar pretty high for me.

July 10, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amana

its so fluffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol so adorable

July 11, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
    • NANCY

WONDERFUL MOVIE! SAW IT IN 3D AND THE EFFECTS WERE GREAT! ITS SOMETHING THAT KIDS WILL LOVE AS WELL AS ADULTS, AND IT WAS FUNNY THE ENTIRE TIME. I RECOMMEND EVERYONE SEE IT. ITS WORTH THE MONEY.

July 11, 2010 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Kat

My husband and I saw the movie last night and loved it! There is definitely some adult humor, but also lots for kids. Overall a great movie and very sweet!

July 11, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • amor36

saw the movie last night with my gfriend.
      we were very disappointed. the audience didnt laugh very much
      the only funny scenes were already shown in the previews.....
      ending was predictable, characters were funny but hard to relate to
      save your money folks! wait for this one to come out on DVD!

July 11, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wajeeha

This movie was delightful! Love it, love it!! Very Funny!! A must see, so take your kids and enjoy it for a fun family day! ;-)

July 12, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
    • tpc

great movie! Great score and sound track. Just a wonderful time! i would recommend seeing it with or without kids, it's just that much fun!

July 22, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |