July 9th, 2010

LeAnn Rimes quits Twitter...for now

Maybe there is such a thing as oversharing.

Country singer LeAnn Rimes has announced that she's taking time off from Twitter after fans chastised her over a set of photographs that showed the 27-year-old getting steamy with boyfriend Eddie Cibrian as one of his young sons sat just inches away.

"Since when is kissing your boyfriend a crime?!" the divorced star - who had an affair with Cibrian, 36, while filming a 2009 Lifetime movie - tweeted July 6. "Who's right was it to take pics of us in a private moment and display them for judgement?!"

Later that day, Rimes wrote that she was trying so hard to live a compassionate life, and abandoning Twitter was apparently the first step.

"It's unhealthy for me and my family to have to read negative comments from people who's opinions have no bearing on my life," she tweeted the next day. "I love my fans so very much and will return one day soon."

No reaction yet from Rimes' ex, Dean Sheremet, though he did have something to say when she publicly apologized for her infidelity in People magazine last month. "Don't apologies normally carry regret for your actions?" he tweeted.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. chicagoannie

LeAnn Rimes = cheater and homewrecker. And I am sure Tritter will survive without her.

November 3, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kel C

I don't think apologies and regret go hand in hand... people need to get off their high horses with this situation. It doesn't matter that you don't like what she did. She doesn't deserve the "I hate her" and "I hope she dies" comments. That's being ridiculous.

July 12, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ann

She makes me sick. Him too!!!! and then to show that kind of stupidity in front of a child. His ex needs to get the kids away from her and him.. I quit watching CSI Miami beacause he is on it now. I would not watch or buy anything either one of them did.... sad too cause at one time I thought they were both pretty decent. :(

July 12, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Esther

Living a compassionate life? Really? Where was her compassion when she, as a married woman was having an affair with a married man with children. Another obvious case of overpaid under talented people who think they are a law unto themselves.

July 10, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Eric Northman fan

I think people should stop giving Leanne Rimes and Eddie Cibrian a hard time about their relationship. Fine, so they are cheaters. Their karma will catch up with them and they probably will never be able to trust each other because of how their relationship began. Surely that is punishment enough, without so many people condemning them all the time. I don't blame her for quitting twitter.

July 10, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Moi

I don't understand how it is that she and other celebrities put their private lives out there and then claim that the public is too judgemental on them and is intruding on their private lives. In this situation, I think there are no winners...

July 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mommajl

Cares about living a compassionate life? Maybe she should have thought about that before breaking two families apart....and don't even get me started on "getting steamy" with his son nearby...like the kid hasn't been through enough, having his family split apart? She is selfish & ugly, inside and out. I look forward to Karma kicking her in the butt...shouldn't take too long, I'm sure the guy will cheat on her with someone else before too long....

July 10, 2010 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  8. nikki b

sad to say but she will always be remmbered as a cheater.....shame on her

July 9, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LL

I just wish she'd dye and pluck her eyebrows!

July 9, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. HockerHank

Maybe she ought to give up greasy foods with that big ZIT on her chin..

July 9, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. let's be real

I didn't even know she had a twitter account... well it IS her private life... but when you're a celebrity usually it's best to always keep your guard up.

Maybe they were just showing the son how it's done. :P

July 9, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |