July 9th, 2010

Celine Dion expecting twin boys

Apparently Celine Dion and her husband René Angelil aren’t the kind of a couple who’d rather be surprised.

The superstar singer, 42, announced on her website that she and Angelil are expecting twin boys in November, making the couple’s 9-year-old son, Rene-Charles, a big brother twice over.

Dion announced she was pregnant with twins earlier this year after her sixth round of in vitro fertilization.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Verbena

Hey, I really enjoyed this posting! Your site lokks great! If you are interested in any web design feel free to contacdt me at http:/vadoz.ru

December 20, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. lakath

Congratulatons Dion!

July 17, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dannica

auwwww!

its so nice that our singing idol will be having a twin boys

congrats to the DION and ANGELIL family!!!!!!!!!!!

were proud for both of you!!!!

July 13, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. will

great, she is having twins from the rapist that she married later. what a creepy guy, wants to manage a 16 yo and had a 26 year difference in age. why dont they shoot perverts like this ?

July 11, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. Alfred E Newman

Her pedophile hubby must be so proud.

July 11, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bob

I know this is practically sacrilegious to the Dion worshipers on this board but I totally agree with Coco. Nine years ago she truly behaved as if she was the first women to give birth. It was nauseating. I suppose not being a fan made her bragging behavior less tolerable. And Thersa, you can feel sad and bad for me all you want. I won't be checking back for any responses. Celine Dion is simply gross and disgusting. But that said I hope she has two healthy happy babies.

July 10, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • bb

ditto its not thekids faut but really who cares about this pregnancy womed give birth everyday

July 10, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Thersa

Wow Coco really? Do you have that much time on yuor hands to have that much hateful thoughts toward someone you dont even know? Do U actually think your doing something important by posting your rubage! Thats really sad an I feel bad for u! Well Dion I wish you all the blessings in the world. And sorry not all of us can express kind words! congrats on your lil guys!!

July 10, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Theresa

Blessings to her whole family - she has been waiting so long. A beautiful,talented woman.

July 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Coco

Ewwww....and please don't make a huge deal of it like you did your last pregnancy and your 2 weddings. Big deal. she finally got knocked up! She acts like her giving birth is the 8th wonder of the world. Dogs have the same experience, Dion.

July 10, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. jillmarie

What wonderful news! Congrats to her and her family. She went public with her IVF attempts, something many women can relate with. That is commendable.

July 10, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Odalice Feliz

I'm so happy for her, congrats....she has such great voice!!!

July 10, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  12. Cyndie

Women I know who have gone through the expense, anxieties, and stresses of IV in order to have children have invariably answered the question “Why not just adopt” in the same way. It isn't only the desire to have children in the house but added to it is a powerful driving force - an overwhelming physical urge to be pregnant. It’s a primal, unrelenting, urge for some women. It’s something the body needs and it won’t be dissuaded until satisfied. Women for whom pregnancy comes easily have felt the urge but because her body responded quickly, that urge didn’t become quite so demanding. People who want a family but the women aren’t having this primal reaction are more open to the concepts and processes of adoption.

July 10, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Lynn

I couldn't agree more. I was told at the age of 40 that I had less than a 5% chance of conceiving a child. I was devastated and tried IVF and IUI. Both failed and I couldn't believe that I would never get the chance to experience the miracle of pregnancy and the movements of my child in my womb. The thought of adoption came to me but I knew that it was difficult and costly to adopt as well. So my husband and I decided that at our age it was time to accept that we would never become parents. Now I'm 44 and 6 months pregnant with my own child! It just happened. I guess it was the right time and we couldn't be happier. To all the want-to-be Mamas, keep the faith! You'll never know what CAN happen unless you try and keep trying! And I'm very happy for Celine Dion too. When I heard that she was finally pregnant, I thought... you go girl, I'm finally pregnant too!

July 10, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • guinevere

I answered Emily in a direct reply to her comment, but I like your response better.

July 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joyce

Wonderful! Celine is know as one of the kindest people in show business. She will bend over backwards for anyone. Good luck to you and your family.

July 10, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ife

Dion,i am appy 4 u and you are gonna deliver safely.

July 10, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. Anon

I think it's wonderful she is having more babies. I can only imagine the heartbreak SIX invitro treatments must have been on her and her husband. It just goes to show that with faith and perseverance that anything is possible. Congratulations and best wishes to them all.

July 10, 2010 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. olusola

Congra mama twins.

July 10, 2010 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  17. Sally

Congratulation to you my idol, I'm sure one of your kids will follow your footstep as a superstar.

July 10, 2010 at 3:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Sally

Congrats to Celine and her family. She has tried so long to have another baby and look, she was blessed with two. Celine has been my favorite singer for years. God bless you Celine and your whole family

July 10, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Guest

Superstar? Maybe 15 years ago

July 9, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • tim

she is still a superstar. her last tour in 2008 became the 2nd highest grossing tour ever. that was 2 years ago.

July 10, 2010 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  19. Emily

Why didn't she just adopt? So many children need homes, and I would have loved to see her accept the fact that she could only have one precious child and then open her home (and $$$) to a child who needed her.

July 9, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • guinevere

I completely agree with your sentiment, but the bottom line is that adoption isn't for everyone. It should be...but it isn't. Unfortunately, a lot of people see adoption as "settling", and that's tragic. I think that people's recognizing that adoption isn't for them is better than putting children in a home where their new parents don't appreciate them for everything they are.

July 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. alumette

She certainly can afford twins and all the in vitro fertility trips she needs. She is likely a great mother since she is so full of love and joy. I hope" she hangs it up " after this last incubation period. She is getting on in years to carry multiples.

July 9, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Marky

Congratulations to the whole family! They have wanted more children for so long and all their fans are thrilled for them. They are very hands-on parents who love their son very much and I'm sure they will be great parents to the 2 new boys who will join them in a few months.

July 9, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Yay

Congratulations to both Ms. Dion, her husband & the soon-to-be big brother!! She's longed for more children for a really long time......Much happiness to the entire family!

July 9, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • calmase

right, and the babies will have a bajillion dollars to share from Celine's massive bulging pockets, it's fantastic. I wish I were her kid...

August 11, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |