July 7th, 2010

'Pretty Little Liars': If the lipstick fits...

So this is my new theory about "Pretty Little Liars": For every amazing, action-packed, heart-racing episode, there must be one episode that's only meant to prepare viewers for the next amazing, action-packed, heart-racing episode. In short –- a lot happened, but nothing really happened.

Last night's episode opened with the crew hanging out at Spencer's house. Aria tells the girls –- who only recently learned of her father's infidelity - that Alison was with her when she caught her father fooling around with his student.

Before they can venture upstairs to clean the lipstick-message off Spencer’s mirror, Hanna’s phone rings – it’s a message from A. (I take it they unblocked unknown numbers.)

“Ever wonder what's going on when your back is turned,” the message says, accompanied by a video of the four girls staring at the script on Spencer’s mirror. It appears to have been filmed from inside her closet.

After rushing upstairs, they open the closet doors and out falls a tube of lipstick. There's no doubt that it's the same color –- Alison’s color –- that was used to scrawl the message.

Later at school, the girls discuss the possibility that Jenna was the one who broke in to Spencer’s house and defaced her mirror. Hanna, who picked up a job at Sean’s mom’s dentist office, ran into Jenna in the elevator on her way to work, and though Jenna is blind – or so we’re meant to think – she was wearing an expression that said she knew exactly who was standing behind her.

As she applied her lipstick, which looked curiously like the color from the mirror, Hannah leaned in to get a closer look. “Do you like that color?” Jenna asked smugly before exiting the elevator. Hanna saw Jenna leaving a room that looked like a supply closet, but apparently, Jenna’s been in therapy –- the room turned out to be her psychotherapist’s office.

At a dark bar in town, we found Aria applauding like a lovesick puppy after Mr. Fitz reads his work aloud. Their awkward relationship didn’t go unnoticed by Fitz’s old roommate, who told him –- after finding out that Aria was his student –- “You are so screwed.” Finally! Someone with knowledge of the law.

But even in the midst of relationship drama, A still hasn’t let up. After Hanna accidentally tells her mom that her dad is engaged and complains that Sean may have a new girlfriend, she gets a message on her computer: “Now I know two secrets, Hanna got dissed and Emily got kissed,” along with a file containing the photo booth pictures of Emily and Maya. (I would be lying if I said I wasn’t happy that was Maya’s only appearance in the episode –- she kind of creeps me out.)

We did, however, see plenty of Toby this episode. He and Emily share a moment in chemistry lab, but when Emily later goes to meet him for coffee, she spots Hanna and Spencer at a table across the restaurant.

Naturally, she ditches Toby to sit with the girls. After all, they would be furious if they knew she was hanging out with Jenna’s brother. Just as the three girls get ready to leave, the hostess brings Emily a CD Toby left behind for her.

Aria, meanwhile, leaves behind her cell phone as she rushes to leave Fitz’s apartment. When she goes back to get it, Fitz answers the door with a terrified expression on his face, like he’d just seen a ghost, or worse –- a text message from A. “Lucky you Aria. Other girls have to do their homework, you get to do the teacher.” I can’t even be upset with Fitz for checking Aria’s phone. He was just concerned.

Can't wait for homecoming next week!

What did you think of last night’s episode of “Pretty Little Liars?”

Post by:
Filed under: television

« Previous entry
  1. evning dress

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually recognise what you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also visit my website =). We may have a link alternate arrangement among us

June 7, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hayley

I loved this episode and the seires. Now that I'm reading the books, I see how different it is. it's like, amazing.

November 10, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. stephanie

i love this show, best one so far, it stand on the top of my list. huge goes after lol. but i havent read the books but i have watching all the episodes. i really dont think that jenna is blind, and i thinnk she is A.

July 27, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lorin

I finally was able to watch all of the episodes and I am loving this show! I definitely don't think the series on TV is going to go like the books did. There are going to be twists to surprise people. So don't let Oliva get to you.

July 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tagger

This is definitely one of the best shows on ABC Family. Not only is the plot actually pretty decent, the acting is pretty decent – unlike Secret Life. I don't believe Jenna is blind. I would never root for a teacher/student relationship, but poor Aria and Ezra. lol They were actually cute together :)

July 26, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. Chisom C Linus

post mails to my e-mail everyday

July 26, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. mekala

im worried about toby last episode he crashed his motorcycle and jenna was crying on her porch toby had a tree through his motorcycle!

July 24, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jamie

im sorry to burst your bubble. but its mona, hannas friend. i read the book series.

July 21, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. olivia

hey girls listen up! I've read the books and Jenna is not A. Mona is!

July 20, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristi

Kinda crappy to post spoilers without warning people....tool.

July 21, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Tagger

I'm with Kristi. You effin moron.

July 26, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • abbie

no ail is a because she kill her sister Courtney who look like ail

August 30, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • abbie

no ail is a because she kill her sister Courtney who look like ail so ail killed her sister to make them think it was ail so ail play a game with them

August 30, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Daila Holder

Lorin, you can watch on Hulu.

July 20, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lorin

I would really love to watch this show! I haven't yet but these reviews make the show sound fabulous! I tried looking for a place online where I could download them but couldn't find anything. Do any of you know where I can watch the past episodes that I have missed? And what day and time does the show air on ABC family?

July 19, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • mekala

the show is on tuesdays from 5 to 9. the new show is on 8 to 9 tuesdays.

July 24, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jp

I loved it...!!!!

July 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Rambo

The shows is quite entertaining...
    haha those who believe Jenna is blind is kinda retarded
    watch pretty little liars episode 6

July 14, 2010 at 5:47 am | Report abuse |
  14. Courtney

I DId see WHen Jenna Looked in the mirror to put on lip stick!!! UGH Im Kinda worried about Toby, He is kinda stalker status with emily. I think he might have something to do with it also!

July 8, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  15. amanda

jenna isnt blind. she was looking in the mirror when she put the lipstick on.

July 7, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bri

I'm starting to think that Jenna's not as blind as everyone thinks she is. Why would she be looking in the elevator mirror while she was putting on lipstick if she couldn't see? And she knew that Hannah was watching her.

July 7, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jim

this series gets better show by show.... already can't wait for next week "A" http://watch-pretty-little-liars.com/

July 7, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dawn, Mesa Arizona

I'm waiting to see how long it takes before the adults stop focusing on themselves and start asking who A is.

July 7, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jessica

My fav line in the whole episode:

"I figured if A knew then b and c and the rest knew also!" LOL

July 7, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Amy

Jenna is not blind and is behind all of this. She killed Allison. Classic moment–Spencer's comment to her dad not to bother reading her paper because she stole it!! Guess that's what they do in that family...

July 7, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Michael

I'm just going to say it – this is the best show on ABC Family in a long time. Not since Greek have I been more excited for a teen program! http://www.thesmogger.com

July 7, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |