July 7th, 2010

Jake and Vienna: Breaking it down so it will forever be broke

You all had a lot to say about this train wreck of a break-up, and we’ve noticed that you feel much the same way we do about this seemingly never-ending saga: someone needs to put the kibosh on it, already.

And so, in an attempt to let all of you get out of your systems any last, lingering emotions about whether or not Jake Pavelka is gay and if Vienna was truly crying or was just vying for an Emmy, we’ve rounded up a few reactions, most notable being that someone should start making Team Vienna t-shirts, because that person would likely make a fortune.

“Even if you are someone who never liked Vienna, the chatter among most people is, like her or not, people believe Vienna,” points out Showbiz Tonight’s Anisa Husain. “Unlike Jake, Vienna is not an actor and she let it all out which in turn changed a lot of people’s minds. People say they are able to sympathize with Vienna because most have, unfortunately, been there, done that, and know what it feels like to be treated like a dog.”

Pavelka, on the other hand, “didn’t do much to defend himself and when he tried to, he came out showing his true colors and gave viewers an inside to that temper Vienna referred to. And to his defense, yes, Vienna did interrupt him a few times, but can you really expect anything other than that?”

Judging from the comments, many of you agree with Husain’s analysis, and there also a strong number who are waiting on Pavelka’s “coming out special,” as one CNN commenter put it.

But there are a few people in Jake’s corner – a few of you are sticking with your original judgements of Vienna, while others are convinced she, like Jake, is trying to get an acting career off the ground and used the ABC special as an audition.

More interesting than either of those two and their bottomless bag of drama is the reaction it brought out from those who said they’ve been in similar relationships.

“As I sat and watched, a flood of emotion came over me because I have been in Vienna's shoes. Jake acted EXACTLY like my ex........smug, condescending and controlling,” said commenter “been there.”  “Nothing you do is right. That whole throwing the GPS thing probably seems small in the grand scheme, but add those behaviours [sic] up everyday and it starts to tear at your confidence.”

Commenter jakeisaLoser concurred, saying, “I can relate to every word Vienna said last night. I have been in her shoes. Jake is controlling, manipulating and a verbal abuser. Read Patricia Evans books, they are written about the ‘Jakes’ in this world. Jake doesn't want a wife, he just wants a woman in his home to control and manipulate.”

Who would've expected that a program chock-full of made-for-TV drama could trigger such personal reflections?

1. catalogue la redoute

Someone you simply invest in together with gifts will probably bought from anyone.
    catalogue la redoute http://www.promolaredoute.fr/

December 5, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lking

WHO CARES???

July 14, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. BreAnn

I agree with your commentary completely 100%. I, too, was flooded with emotion watching that interview. I have heard stories like Vienna's over and over again from women who I have counseled. I have even had controlling and verbally abusive men in my life. The Jakes of the world are indeed, ALL THE SAME!!

July 14, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. B's Mom

Wow! who cares about this at all really. I just happend along this article on CNN and it's all about nothing but two idiots. Who really thinks that you are going to find true LOVE on a T.V. show where the other person is dating 25 other people? Really?? Just how long did you think it was going to last?

July 11, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kimberly

you asked for it!! http://www.cafepress.com/CapitalizeonThis

July 8, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. beenthere

I'm sorry, but if that girl was faking, than I would pay good money to see her in a movie cuase that performance was dead on!

July 8, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LOUD NOISES!!!

So someone has a job reading and analyzing comments on CNN about a make-believe reality show couple, and turned it into an article??
    I want to see an article in which they explain how one can obtain a dream job like this. I am not being sarcastic, who doesn't want a lazy job? It would require less intelligent thought than flipping burgers, and probably pays a bit more.

July 8, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Robin

Vienna is a drama queen. She wouldn't stop interrupting. I would get irritated with that as well. Jake is definitely no saint. I wouldn't put up with Vienna and her drama. How could Jake defend himself? She wouldn't stop interrupting. She wants to be in the glam light, as well as Jake. Vienna really needs to go back to Florida and be with daddy.

July 8, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. let's be real

I don't know who honestly thinks the people who go on this reality show are great people with great values... not to say I have great values, but I know that natural relationships should develop AWAY from the television/cameras.

July 8, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  10. lol

Is it just me or does it look like Jake is saying "get away from me psycho" in the picture? Not like that has any bearing on the truth, but just a thought...

July 8, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. Danielle

Vienna is lucky that he showed his true colors early on in the relationship...he has the signs of an abuser...he was ready to hit Vienna couple times....the hatred in his eyes are dangerous.....a controlling freak.....Than God you got out just in time....

July 8, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. Gen

I think they are perfect for each other. They only care about themselves. I watched the bachelor and he only picked Vienna because every other girl told him not too. She was flaky on the show and you can see he is arrogant and thinks the whole world should revolve around him. They both are immature. I bet all of those girls on the bachelor show are saying "Thank god he did not pick me and got what he deserved".

July 8, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. STLrose

As with any relationship, the only people who really know the truth and what has happened, are Jake and Vienna. Thru my personal filters I saW a controlling, ego maniacal Ken doll who wants a complementing Barbie doll and a young, naive woman who discovered her love was not enough to sustain a relationship. They both need to step out of the media glare and return to their lives. I think Vienna will attempt this. I think Jake has the same celebrityitis that has ensnared Kate Gosselin and we will never be rid of him.

July 8, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tara

It is better off this way.She would've had a life of misery - he fooled alot of people.I believe he is a phoney,a fake & a fraud.Shame on him. Her actions were not so good either but she is a immature young woman not at all ready to settle down. Good Luck to both of them-they both need it !!!

July 8, 2010 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jen W.

I agree with the author of the article. Jake and his treatment of Vienna in that interview triggered something personal in the viewers. Those who have survived controlling, verbally abusive men know what it is like to be discounted, made fun of, ignored, and denied affection in punishment for having an opinion. Vienna is lucky to have gotten out. Hopefully women and men across America will get out of their abusive relationships as well.

July 8, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Turtlemoon

Take it from some1 who DOES know & has been in verbal & physical abusive relationships, Jake is definitely not abusing Vienna. And until u have gone thru this type of relationship, u cannot judge from a knowledgable aspect. I felt more that Vienna was doing the abusing in that interview, with the constant belittling, interrupting and name calling.

July 8, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  16. lenswithlove

Such trivial nonsense, he is a big self absorbed nothing that is laboring under the delusion that he really matters!
    Really people time to let this all go, WHO CARES

July 8, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  17. Cellar Rat

These two fools deserve to die miserable and alone. Both of them. He's a lying control freak that's clearly in it for his 15 minutes of fame and she displays the emotional maturity of a six year old. Oh boo-hoo!! He's such a MEANIE!!! Waaaaahhhhh.... Spare me. They both make me sick. Anyone with a shred of self respect is better off without either of these idiots as a life partner. I wish them both luck trying to find *anyone* to put up with them.

July 8, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  18. laurie

Just one more reason i don't have a tv. Nothing but a bunch of mindless garbage.

July 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Maddie

I am not and never have been a Vienna fan. However, she was completely sincere while Jake came off like the pompous ass that he is.

July 7, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rose

I agree....I thought Jake came across as an idiot. They should've had a polygraph test done on Jake. It was obvious by his demeanor that he was lying and trying to convince everyone he was right. Sure, I didn't think Vienna was a better choice over Tenley, but Jake got what he deserved. Tenley is better off without him, especially after his debut the other night. Who does he think he is? I feel sorry for. Vienna thought she was going to go back to a "reasonably" normal life as a pilots wife. She didn't get that...I believe his first girlfriend....he's interested in fame and fortune...not finding love. What a phony!

July 7, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Vienna trashed him behind his back for 40 grand, then hooked up with an actor while Jake was out of town–Jake didn't even find out until his face was on a magazine cover. And Jake isn't supposed to be angry?! He's just supposed to lie down and take that betrayal and public humiliation, and show "compassion" just because Vienna cried a little? Please!!! She betrayed his trust, dishonored their relationship, had a fling with someone else behind Jake's back (Gregory Michael has said Vienna lied, and that they did in fact make out), and then she has the nerve to cry tears of self-pity during the interview! I have NO SYMPATHY for her. If I ever behaved as she did, I would never expect any sympathy for myself. Jake had every right to be hurt and angry, and he tried to show self-restraint during the interview, but blew up when she continually interrupted him.

How could ANYONE defend Vienna's betrayals?!?

July 7, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  20. KimToo

I don't know, I think what we saw was a guy who is highly p***ed off and embarrassed by the whole situation and remember this was taped a day or two after they broke up so I am sure it was still a raw wound. Yeah he seemed cold, but I think he had probably been dealing with her garbage for a long time and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. The way she talked over him I think anyone would get ticked- although the wierdly formal/repressed way he expresses himself doesn't put him in a good light. Yeah, I am sure he is vain and has a big ego- wouldn't you kind of have to be to go on national tv as "The Bachelor?" On the believability scale, don't you think 1. Vienna is lying about wanting to go home and get out of LA? 2. Vienna is lying about cheating on Jake – the guy she was with said she told him they were broken up and on Monday she denied it 3. Jake was telling the truth about trying to please her and her resentment of his fame- he did have her put on DWTS- never seen that happen before! I heard she is now going to be posing for Playboy- so much for the little girl next door routine, got a job working for a humanitarian organization or whatever she said Monday night... I really think she is just a petulant, insecure, spoiled little girl and a pretty skilled little actress to boot. I am sure she believes everything she was dishing out. He deserves a medal for putting up with her this long.

July 7, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Turtlemoon

totally agree with your assessment!

July 8, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • peanuts

That Playboy story is a rumor. She has no agent. But, what about Jake's ex girlfriend confirming everything Vienna said was true? Why didn't they bring her up during their interview? Why didn't they ask Jake what he plans to do now? Why didn't they ask him to apologize to her? Plain and simple. Jake is ABC's Golden boy right now but Vienna telling the truth, managed to make him look like the Jerk that he really is!!

July 8, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  21. Brooks

Vienna interrupted him over and over and over. Anybody would lose their temper! She is a complete fool and obviously doesn't know how to have a constructive conversation.

I think he was completely justified to lose his temper the way he did. I think she expected that her life would be one long "Bachelor" show. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! Life happens...it isn't all fun and games...and she is young and foolish. She needs to grow up and they both need to move on.

July 7, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

I don't know if Vienna interupting him means that she can't have a "constructive conversation". I felt bad for Vienna from the beginning. Chris gave Jake some time to talk to the camera before Vienna could even get on the stage. I felt that not only that that was unfair but also that it set her up. I would want to get my side out after my ex was able to have some one-on-one time. Plus, I feel confident that Jake was lying and I think she proved it a few times. He starts off saying she cheated on him and then she got him so wrapped up that he admitted he didn't know what was going on. Team Vienna all the way!

July 7, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Jenn: Vienna spent 90% of the interview talking over Jake. She had more than her fair share of time to speak up and defend herself.

July 7, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

And Jake never admitted he didn't know what was going on; don't put words in his mouth. He said that Gregory Michael was on record saying they got together that weekend. Vienna denied it–and what do you know? Gregory comes out just yesterday saying Vienna lied, and that he and Vienna did indeed make out that weekend. This was BEFORE Vienna broke up with Jake. You actually support such cheating?

July 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • JL

Amen to that! Enough already!

July 8, 2010 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
    • BreAnn

I agree with Jenn, it was unfair how Jake was able to come out first. I wondered about that. Also, he seemed unsure about the cheating accusations made against her after she explained to him what really happened, especially about the gay guy. I hope he felt like a fool because he sure looked like one. Also, about the interrupting, well, when someone is really emotional and the other person has constantly lied about everything that really happened, it's hard not to interrupt. As soon as he would start to speak, she heard another lie coming out of his mouth which infuriated her so impulsively she interrupted him because she felt like she had to defend herself against his lies because she wanted people to know the truth. Everything that she did including going to STAR to tell her story was the right thing to do. She wanted the truth to come out before he would get a chance to get his story out there which would have been nothing but lies and she knew it. That was the smartest thing she could have ever done. So, she broke up with him over the phone, then she went to Star. Good for her! He was so angry because she beat him to the punch.

July 14, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • BreAnn

There were eyewitnessess who were present at the original taping of the interview. Jake kept screaming at Vienna and at one point made a fist then backed down. You should know by now that ABC edits everything they tape to their advantage. That is why Vienna was crying so hard because Jake was very volatile and angry which was not aired of course.

July 14, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kim

Jake should do very well acting...as a liar!!! His looks, lack of believable responses and his eyelid fluttering all point to "I am lying!!!" Vienna's responses were very spontaneous and raw...I think you would have to be a seasoned actor to get that down pat!! Jake admitting that he is gay would be the most honest thing he has done on TV...and there is nothing wrong with that!!!!

July 7, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rosie

I never got the impression that he was gay but he is a good actor. We certainly saw another side of him.

July 8, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • BreAnn

If you want to see the video clip of Jake in the upcoming episode (in August) of Drop Dead Diva, you can google it. His acting sucks. He plays "The Bachelor" on the show and had to pick a certain girl, then deliberately break her heart because that was what the network wanted him to do for ratings. Well the girl sued the network. The video clip shows him on the witness stand. How ironic, his part is somewhat realistic to his real life Bachelor story. Maybe his intention was to break up with Vienna first, but she beat him to it.

July 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Teamvienna

I never watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette because it's such a stupid show. However, I did catch a glimpse of this interview so be able to form an opinion. I am Team Vienna all the way. Yeah, she interrupted quite a bit but wouldn't you in the heat of the moment while this jack a#$ requests that his woman respect him and not undermine him. What a control freak... and his little temper tantrum?? and to turn it around on her?? Wow. Vienna is right, he will never find a woman who will put up with that bs!!

July 7, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |