July 7th, 2010

Betty White: 'America's newest pin-up girl'

The only thing better than watching Betty White on the big screen – scratch that, on any screen – is getting to stare at her smiling face all year long for one low payment of $12.99.

In addition to having her own TV show and a fan club the size of a small country, the 88-year-old superstar now has her own 2011 calendar.

The publishing company behind the calendar is calling White “America’s newest pin-up girl.” Swimsuit models were so last year, anyway.

All proceeds from The Betty White Calendar, which will go on sale in September, will benefit the Denver, Colorado, Morris Animal Foundation.

Will you buy 12-months of the Golden Girl?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities

1. Bettie

I like her a lot...but not this much! Pin-ups are all about glamour, fantasy, and desirability. She's not those.

December 22, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Ugh

There is no hyphen in "12 months"–moron!

October 30, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Devin

Hey how about that, you know as depressing as our country makes it out to be getting older I find Betty's return to the spot light to be refreshing and inspirational. And for those of you who think that Betty is going too far, or is making a fool or herself or any other such nonesense, I'd just like to say quite being jealous. That's all that such negativity boils down to. Betty is a friendly happy woman whose approaching her 90's and I couldn't be more pleased to see my favorite golden girl is still going strong!

July 22, 2010 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. LINA

All star "animal lovers" should be in the calendar–Bob Barker,Betty etc. Well ,she is delightful but 12 months of her is too much. Good Luck !!!

July 8, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. s

I love Betty White, I think she is great, I would rather hear and read about hr all day long than the no talent celebrities we have like Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and all those others who have contributed a whole lot of nothing to society, except wasted our times with their endless blabber and crap.

July 8, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. darlene d

It's a wonderful thing! Its about time that Hollywood and society are finally embracing women over the age of 40!!

July 8, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sir Loin of Beef

I'm sorry but enough is enough. Betty White overload is running full boar

July 8, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. Beth spams like whoa

Beth, do you really need to waste your time posting your useless garbage links expecting us to care? People like you need to get a real job and stop link spamming.

July 8, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jaclyn

Betty is quite funny, but I think she is going to far, don't let them make a fool of you Betty, I am reading too much about you lately trying to get you involved in more than you did when you were younger, after all you are now 88, just act your age, and be our role model. Love you, the same way I had loved Rue McKlanan, May she rest in Peace.

July 8, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. Beth

Betty White seems lovely. But she is not the least bit funny. That said, when I am 88, I won't be funny. Some people say that I am not funny now.

I do think that this is funny though...especially if you or someone you know owns an iPhone:

July 8, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. Anne

Go Girl!

July 7, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Marky

Oh, heck yea! She's the best!

July 7, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Wan

I'm all in! She's adorable...I think I'll get it for my daughter as a Christmas present!

July 7, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cindy

I think this is wonderful, I would enjoy seeing a new picture of Betty White every month for a year. And it's for a good cause, also. Go Betty!

July 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |