July 7th, 2010

Another reality show romance bites the dust

"Bachelorette" Jillian Harris is a bachelorette once again.

The Canadian brunette confirmed to Us Weekly that she's called off her engagement to Ed Swiderski for now. "I love him and I'm really sad, but I have to look out for me," Harris, 29, told the magazine.

The problem, according to Us Weekly, was Swiderksi's hard-partying ways, which included allegations that he had been seeing other women. Responding to the rumors of infidelity, Swiderski, 30, wrote on his blog in June, "Last I checked, I do not live in a monastery, and I'm definitely a bit of a frat boy at heart."

Though Harris has moved out of the Chicago apartment she shared with Swiderski, the couple - who got engaged on camera in May 2009 - aren't positive that they're over for good.

"Jillian isn't happy and I'm definitely sad about the whole thing," Swiderski, 30, told Us Weekly, "but we got to work through some things on our own if we decide to move forward."

Adds Harris, "I've spent the last few years of my life making rash decisions, and this isn't going to be one of them."

1. Suzanne

In the beginning with Trista and Ryan there was more sincerity in the process of finding true love. Now it is all about how the bachelor or bachelorette advancing a career in acting, modeling, singing, or whatever. This show has been going down hill for several seasons.

July 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. linda

I think the only "relationship" that worked and real, accdg. , to my daughter was that of Trista and Ryan.....the rest of them are bunch of phonies and all actings..Too bad, I enjoyed watching it at first , now I rather watch cartoons.....

July 9, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. lara

Too bad, so sad ???

July 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. beth

Well, there must be some truth to the allegations that Ed is a "player" – and I don't mean the athletic type! She seems sweet and grounded – he is flakey at best. She let him come back on the show even after he "left due to his job" – hope she finds someone decent to have in her life.

July 7, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • darlene d

It's pretty clear that these shows are phony and the people involved in a so called "relationship" only want their 15 minutes of fame. I find it hard to believe that you can find true love in a reality show, especially with the cameras rolling constantly. As soon as the cameras go, so does the relationship!

July 8, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Victor

Why should anyone be surprised???

These relationships ara as real as the reality shows that spawned them people!!!

July 7, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mary

Like anyone didn't see that one coming. So here is a thought...Ed with Vienna and Jillian with Jake.

July 7, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. EleganceIsLearned

He sounds classy.

July 7, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Yeah, your sarcasm was well placed (no sarcasm to your sarcasm).

The woman's ready to get engaged and this guy acts like it's no big deal... he needs to man up or sit down.

July 7, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |