July 6th, 2010

Behind the Scenes on 'Showbiz Tonight': D-day for Lindsay Lohan

It’s D-day for Lindsay Lohan who faced off with the judge in court today to find out if she should go to jail for possibly violating her probation. D-day for Lindsay means an early-rise for the Showbiz Tonight staff which came in early to broadcast coast-to-coast coverage of Lindsay’s courtroom showdown live at 11am on HLN!

Showbiz Tonight’s Brooke Anderson was right there outside the Beverly Hills courthouse to greet Lindsay and reported on some surprising changes in her behavior simply from her arrival to court!

First of all, Brooke said, “She’s dressed very conservatively this time. She’s dressed head to toe in black and she’s wearing sunglasses and she came in with a sense of purpose.” This, of course, is in stark contrast to the jet-setting Lindsay, who, in late May, didn’t show up to court because she was at the Cannes Film Festival in France. Then, when she did show up to court, she was wearing a low cut blouse that left little to the imagination.

Brooke also noted something the whole Showbiz staff was buzzing about – Lindsay arrived early! “I’m looking at my watch and it looks like she’s about fifteen minutes early” Brooke reported. Lindsay was about that late to court last time, leaving the judge in a sour mood to say the least. A.J. Hammer noted on the air that for Lindsay to show up on time and to dress conservatively actually may prove, “Perhaps, we’re actually seeing a changed Lindsay!” Maybe Lindsay saw the Showbiz Tonight exclusive poll and thought she had to do something to turn her life around!

Throughout the day, the Showbiz Tonight staff has been watching Lindsay go in and out of court as the Judge Marsha Revel sorts through evidence to figure out if Lindsay violated probation by simply being late or not showing up to her alcohol education classes and to clarify what caused Lindsay’s alcohol monitoring bracelet to go off a few weeks ago.

Needless to say, the staff here is on pins and needles watching the hearing all day long and we’ll bring you all the latest developments live on Showbiz Tonight at 5pm Eastern on HLN.

1. Syl

WHAT KIND OF LEGAL SYSTEM WE HAVE! LOHAM'S LAWYER MEETS WITH JUDJE IN PRIVATE!!! RIOTSSSSS!!!!

July 19, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. aj1783

She needs to be a grow up and own up to her mistakes and stop blaming other people for her screw ups. In my opinion she did not get enogh time if it was an average joe it would be more harsher.

July 8, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jordi

I think that she should have got more cause if it you get two duis in less than 90 day than it is a automatic 2 years in prison that what anyone would have got if they wernt a star that right there is not fare.

July 7, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jlduke

Poor, poor Lindsay! I think she's getting what she deserves. When you have had chance after chance after chance, there finally comes a point when a judge says, "No more!" Even though she might have begun to turn her life around, she still failed to follow the rules as required. The same think happened to my wife. The judge sentenced her to eight months even though she had really changed course and had turned her life around. Sometimes life isn't fair; and, sometimes, it is simply too little and too late!

July 7, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. RKG

You guys can call her all the names that you want. The bottom line here is that she is a young girl whos life is spinning out of control and it needs to stop. So if jail will give her time to reflect on her mistakes then maybe its a good thing. Something needed to be done and she needs help! So pray for her, like you would want somebody to do for you!

July 7, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. E

The judge is a real idiot.

July 7, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Benjamin

Kudos to the judge for giving her the sentence of 3 months in jail. However, I would've taken it a step further by ordering her into custody immediately due to the chance she may run off again to avoid going to jail. Also, I don't think rehab will help unless she wants it. I think she should get 6 months in jail instead.

July 7, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. Liam

Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay...will U ever learn? One doesn't win points with American Juris Prudence going to court with "F*** U" emblazoned on her fingernail! U got what U deserved. U even ASKED for it through BS actions like the fingernail msg. Point: 1) Her Honor didn't buy the BS excuses of a) SOMEONE STOLE my passport b) I couldn't leave without my passport c) I didn't know that I was supposed to attend ALL those Alcohol classes. d) SOMEONE spilled alcohol on my SCRAM device. 2) U R headed straight to an early grave repeating the failed behavior of the past.

Perhaps this will save her although I doubt it. I have Lindsay in the 'Celebrity Dead Pool' this year & think with every boneheaded move La Lohan makes it moves her another step closer to the grave & frankly No-I don't really give a damn.

If she does die, to bad so sad, BUT I'll sleep just fine thankyew verry much!

July 7, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Casting Couch Director

I see a "Caged Heat" movie in LiLo's future!! ;)

July 7, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. Vince

Kylah R , TN. –
    1. Your not a woman at 15. Ur a still a minor and a girl
    2. If you're a parent at 15... LMAO enough said
    3. Drug problems is not an excuse to be an idiot in the eyes of the court or in public
    4. She doesn't need any blessings cause she made it... She needs to realize that she's a role model for some
    young girl (hopefully not a 15 yrs old parent) so she needs common sense.
    5. Seriously... She cried... hahahahhahaha
    6. Really... She's still news

July 7, 2010 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  11. Tammy

FINALLY!!

July 7, 2010 at 5:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ragwng1

It is a shame that she only got 90 days

July 7, 2010 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. 66Biker

Who cares if this stupid blonde bimbo goes to jail?

July 7, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tony

Brooke Anderson and AJ Hammer.....commenting on how she's dressed and the time of her arrival. They seem to think she's a changed person now. Just how stupid are these two morons? Bragging on her as if she's the greatest thing since sliced bread! How does how she's dressed make you think she's a changed person A.J.? Are you really that stupid? How in God's name did either of you two morons get on TV in the first place? If it's Hollywood, its rediculous!
    Parents dont teach their kids, the kids are spoiled, the kids run wild...they're all idiots there. I hope she hangs herself in jail, and does society a favor.

July 6, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tony

Typical L.A. tramp! Finally, a true hollywood tramp gets jail time! HAHAHAHA!!!! Should have made it a year or two.
    Not to worry, she'll be back driving drunk in no time! She's too stupid to learn anything by this !

July 6, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Angie

I would almost feel sorry for Lindsay if I didn't think that she needs this in order to straighten out her life. She really needs the reality check that her boozing, drugs and hard-partying ways can only lead to a further downward spiral that can only hurt her and at worse, other people in case she continues to drink, do drugs, and drive. Those 90 days in jail were a long time coming, any other person would have served that the moment they got arrested twice for DUI - what's more, Lindsay is only likely to spend 23 days behind bars instead of the actual sentence.

July 6, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. CrazyPersonality

well if not wanting a REPEAT drunk driving offender on the streets where she can AND will hurt someone (because its not a matter of if, its a matter of when), and thinking that she got what she deserved, because she did, makes me have a crazy personality then I guess I am just as nuts as the several MILLION people that agree with me. How you can sit there and call this a "moral" crime is beyond me. As for your comment regarding locking ME up..lol, I am not the one who drives while severely intoxicated and jacked up on coke..lmao. I pose NO threat to anyone on the street, unlike her, well, unless you cut me off then you'll get the finger..hahahaha. .

July 6, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ecd

Im talking about the fact that she can cry and weep to her mommy and people will listen yet when people who work hard for there money and it's only a mistake they get the hardest time for one mistake

July 6, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ecd

others in America get caught for doing the same exact thing that lindsey got charged. Yet it seems as though the rich and glamourous of hollywood don't always get there do, yet the blue collar people of america who work the hardest and have built this country are the ones who get it the hardest

July 6, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. portalpunk

She got hosed by the system. Moral crimes are bs, just because she has different ideas on what she wants to do with her free time. Bunch of overzealous jealous people want to lock her up for no reason. Who cares if she takes drugs and parties, she has yet to hurt a soul.

July 6, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • SheDeservesIT

Yet??? No Reason? HA! Your a joke. Well when she gets out, gets jacked up on coke again, and doubles the legel limit on alcohol, lets hope its someone in YOUR family she hits and kills then because I sure dont want it to be any of MINE.

July 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

Well based on your crazy personality your a threat to society also. Based on this we should lock you up for 90 days even though your only crime is that you have a higher probability to hurt someone than the average person. I sure dont want you to run over anyone in MY family, so lets lock you up.

July 6, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abbey T

please step away from the keyboard and go back to watching the Parent Trap. BTW, I think you knocked over your b**g and spilled the water.

July 7, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  21. Kylah R , TN.

If this judge wasn't trying to play hard ball and make an example of her And she was truly concerned for Lindsay Lohan's welfare. Why didn't she just give her 90 or 120 days in rehab to address her underlying issues with her drug problems .
    Kaylah ,TN.

July 6, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • SheGotWhatSheDeserved

If you have paid attention to these past 2 years, the initial incident, she was driving drunk and jacked up on cocaine, lied to the police about who was driving AFTER she fled the scene, and lied about being on drugs. Second incident 59 days later, driving drunk 80mph high on cocaine yet again, chasing someone trying to run them off the road scaring them half to death, and yepp you guessed it, tried to blame it on not one but TWO other people driving and swore she wasnt drunk or on drugs. Was given probation for all of it, and she couldnt obide by the courts orders. Went back to court, was told she MUST attend once a week until all programs are completed. She missed SEVERAL. When its ordered by the court, that superceded ALL other rules including that of the programs she was on. Flat out, she violated, all probation was pulled, and she was given 30 days for each count against her and is the normal sentence for a 1st violation. Once released, she is ordered to serve 90 days of an "in house" treatment program as well as a few others. I agree with the prosecutor. Tears were fake.. and only came because she knew she couldnt get out of it this time. So think about all the peoples lives she put into danger when she was behind that wheel the next time you want to feel sorry for the little spoiled brat. She got what she deserved.. and it should have happened months ago.

July 6, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

The problem is in america there is no fairness, no "laws" except the laws of police state dictatorship, and no democracy. judges like this can say anything they want. It's the judges and prosecutors and thugs in the police force who cause chaos in society by trumping up false charges and randomly giving sentences to kids. That's how the american judges and prosecutors and $multi-billion slave system makes its money. None of them are the slightest bit interested in rehabilitation that would be against the policies of american slavemasters. This judge would sell her own kids into slavery. Even Saddam Hussein had a fairer system than the US. The motto of corrupt judges and prosectors like this is profits first, americans second.

July 6, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • DELLIOTT

WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU, OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS
      SENDING HER TO AHCOHOL CLASSES IS PART OF THE REHAB PROCESS.

July 7, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
    • cardog

Why don't we also release all those poor poor terrorist we have locked up and awaiting trail & punishment too. I'm sure you will find that they were just misguided and should be given another chance to kill us???
      Lady, I hope you do not have children, if so, they will be this society's nightmare somewhere down the road.

July 7, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mark

The American style of "justice" is unique to the US. It is not holy or moral. It is actually a crime against humanity. US "justice" is essentially a slave system where hardened criminals are welcome and corrupt judges, prosecutors, rigged juries, brutal cops and prison profiteers go after the defenseless, children, and indigents for profits. These justice system vultures are criminals themselves and their whole purpose is to feed the multi-billion dollar prison systems with fresh recruits by imposing draconian sentences for minor or trumped up charges. There is a reason why the US has the largest prison gulag in the world. It is a police state pure and simple but with a twist its so called "justice" system is wrecking innocent people's lives and creating chaos in society by manufacturing career criminals-which brings immense profits for "justice" system vultures like this so called judge. The suffering of kids who are brutalized, forced on mind drugs and left to rot in juvy hellholes with their lives destroyed by mind drugs and their careers destroyed by police "records" is mind-boggling. The US has never been a democracy and it terrorizes its own citizens.

July 6, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  23. anne

The fact that she missed her quota should mean she is violated – it would mean anyone else would be violated. Rehab isn't going to help unless she wants to stop and she doesn't want to stop yet. It is possible though that if she sits in jail for awhile she will change her mind and at least attempt to get help.

July 6, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Kylah R , TN.

I think the news & press & courts needs to stay off her back.I'm a fifty seven year old woman and In my option looks like Lindsay Lohan has only missed 9 of her DUI classes.If she's been going since she was ordered to go in 2007,I don't see what the big deal is about missing a few classes, If she's going weekly and making up classes along the way that she's missed.Heck looks and sounds to me like she's trying.And I think she looked great in court today.She looked clean & fresh,she didn't look like someone on drugs. I think she is making good changes in her life now. And as long as she has life in her there is still hope for her.My thoughts and prayers are with you Lindsay.God bless you.
    PS: I have seen on tv where you and your dad butt heads a lot .He loves you or he wouldn't even bother to take the time to try to help you.And remember Parenting Does Not come with a blueprints.We as parents do the best we can and to the best of our ability to rear our children.
    From: Kylah, TN.

July 6, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Kylah R , TN.

From: Kylah in TN.

July 6, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Foodpimp

Ok...seriously....why are you typing to Hohan like she's going to communicate back to you? Crazy broad.

July 6, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark nyc

you are precisely the reason we have such disregard to laws in this country. you break the law, you pay the consequence. seriously....you are a fool. but then again, you are a southerner, so stands to reason your ability to process thoughts is genetically compromised.

July 6, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • cardog

I've always known that there are irresponsible people in your age bracket out there, and you just proved me correct. So, in your opinion, it's OK to simply ignore court orders, go to Europe and party, continue to drink and simply be an out and out spoiled brat???? Sorry, but I strongly disagree with you.

July 7, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |