July 6th, 2010

Kendra Wilkinson tells all in new memoir

Hugh Hefner’s former girlfriend Kendra Wilkinson has never appeared to be ashamed of her unconventional past, but now, for the first time, the reality star will put it all in writing.

The former Playboy Bunny went on the “Today” show Tuesday to promote her new memoir, “Sliding into Home.” The book details Kendra’s life - from her past as a 13-year-old drug addict to her present as a wife and mother.

Kendra says there are parts of the memoir she has never discussed with the public – let alone her mother – saying she recently told her mom about her past as a stripper because she didn’t want her to find out from the book.

Her memoir also dishes about the time she spent at the Playboy Mansion, going into what Kathy Lee Gifford calls “pretty graphic detail what those nights were like with Hef.”

Will you read Kendra’s memoir?

Filed under: Books

1. more info

It's actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I'm happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

May 28, 2012 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. Google Domination, SEO, make money online, fast cash

You're really a excellent webmaster. The web site loading speed is incredible. It sort of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterwork. you have performed a great job in this subject!

May 1, 2012 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. i'm an Ashlee

i might actually read it

guerrillalovenest.blogspot.com

April 17, 2011 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Karla French

She seemed to do alright with herself. She may appear to not be all that bright, could be she is really smarter than she acts? Maybe it is her kindness that made her do well.

October 23, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jay

Aren't memoirs usually done by old people who have lived an inspiring or adventurous life. What is inspiring about becoming a playboy bunny and flashing your naked boobs everywhere? I agree with Brian. LOL, Dollar store is probably right but unfortuantely with how s*xualized everything is these days, walmart will more than likely carry it also.

October 22, 2010 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. LEE

"Is it a pop up"? JP that was priceless. I didn't know that she could read and write.

July 7, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. John

SOLDIERS DIED YESTERDAY IN THE WAR THIS NETWORK HELP SPONSOR.
    Report on that you idiots!

July 7, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Dude, there's a time and place for this kind of rant and this isn't it. Take your soapbox someplace else.

July 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. DS

This girl is the epitome (NO, I don't care if I spelled that wrong) of a Bimbo!!! She just gets under my skin. I can't stand her.

July 7, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. DS

That's one book I WON'T be reading. I can't stand this girl.

July 7, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Hugh Hefner

She made my woowoo fall off!

July 7, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. JOY NGADI

GO KENDRA! GO KENDRA! YAA SHE SO FUN TO BE WITH. AND SHE IS A VERY PLAYFUL PERSON.

I LIKE WHEN SHE LAUGHS. SHE IS GUD........

July 7, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Remer123

Yes, I for sure will read her book. Kendra has grown up so much. All of you people are so negative, get a life.

July 7, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. jjdecor

Another no-talent bimbo, she's got a great body (likely surgically enhanced) but she is not pretty at all. I look at her and see slime, anyone that could get in bed with the worst male ho of all time should not have been allowed to breed.

July 7, 2010 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sir Loin of Beef

Soon to be a classic, I'm sure.

July 7, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

She will sell a lot of books because she became well-known from The Girls Next Door. I am curious as to why she did some of the things she is known for and whether or not she regrets anything. In a time when dental implants are common, who cares if her boobs are real.
    I hope Kendra is happy, she is young, married and a mother. As to her writing ability, a lot of celebrity bios are written with the help of professional writers, which means the celebrity dictates and the writer does the actual work.

July 7, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  16. Jill

Heff saves Kendra's life, becomes the father she never had and wanted, and what does he have to show for it? She'll never be by his side when he's dying, and she bashes him in a book to promote herself. On top of that, she is bashing her own parents in her book to promote herself. She is the worst role model for young people, and she has horribly selfish bad character and all she is doing is promoting that if you screw your parents, and you cheat on your boyfriend for the bigger, better deal with an old man with more resources, and you do drugs and you don't give a hoot about anyone but yourself, and you never do the right thing in life, you can write a tell all book about your life and become famous. What is this world coming to? But, she is entertaining. Just wish she was a fictional character instead. Knowing she's a real person is simply scary!

July 7, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mike

I'm happy this woman's life is turning out OK, but I strongly disagree with writing a book about this kind of life, unless it is a book where money goes to help teen drug addicts or something and talks about NOT doing the things this woman did. There are millions of people without jobs who have never taken drugs or broken any laws that are just looking for a break. This woman sleeps with 80 year olds, does drugs and now will probably get at least 6 figures to write a book about her escapades. I know America is the land of opportunity, but I still feel something is to be said for honest hard work.

July 7, 2010 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  18. seriously....

I love all the comments stating "who cares"....obviously you if took the time to click on the article! here's a thought: go say/do something positive for a change....

July 7, 2010 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. Yul B. Sorrie

LOL ... A literary masterpiece I'm sure. Nice cans though!

July 7, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  20. Martin

Soon to be a new Lifetime movie in 3...2...1...

July 7, 2010 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  21. Kevin

I went out and bought the book this morning, I’m so excited to read it! I think Kendra is such an amazing inspiration to people everywhere! Can’t wait to read it!

July 7, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

I bought a copy too. My kitchen table is crooked and I need something to put under the leg.

July 7, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

@ Jules

I don't think my kitchen table would appreciate me putting a Kendra book under it or anywhere near it...

July 7, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tom

This is another person in this country that has done nothing to make anybody want to listen to her let alone a book.

Reality show are for the dumb witted and she he on of their stars. If you care what she does, you need a life.

July 7, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  23. Odalice Feliz

I love kendra, she's my favorite Playmate!!!!! can't wait to get her book!!!

July 7, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Your favorite playmate? She was never a playmate and she was never a bunny. She appeared in the mag and on a few calenders but never a centerfold.

July 7, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jeepers

I won't read it. I'll wait for the Cliff's Notes...or for someone to quote it somewhere...mostly the part about the "graphic detail." I mean, who hasn't wondered how that cr@p worked?

July 6, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeepers

Oh my gooosh...I just googled it. Don't do it. You can't un-read it. I literally feel nauseous.

July 6, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. foil

Well, looks like all 3 of her fans showed up to support her idiocy in the comments.

July 6, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Guest

Her whole life story at 25? Maybe if we are lucky she will die soon and then it might be worth reading.

July 6, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • NottaHO

That is awful to wish someone dead. Maybe she isn't perfect or your favorite person, but to wish her dead is horrible. GROW UP!

July 7, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  27. Don

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd nobody cares!

July 6, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Susan

I like her! She is entertaining and funny and I love to hear her laugh! Go Kendra!

July 6, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. India Andrews

People! Why are you slamming her for writing a book? Is your life that bad that you read a story in the entertainment section just to rain on someone else's parade? And how many of you who are telling Kendra to stay home with her children rather than work, stay home with your own children? Don't cast stones at her for making a living if you're out there making one yourself because then people could criticize you for not staying home with your kids and being a mom first. It's not like Hef gave her a severance package and Kendra's not going to live off of royalties from the Girls Next Door for the next sixty years. She didn't make that much! And if you just think she's a vapid idiot, don't buy the book! Why do you need to tell all of us what you think about her level of intelligence?

July 6, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • MariaD

THANK YOU for saying this! Seriously, how many of you could write a book and people would want to read it? I feel like it might now be so interesting.

July 6, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • wetlips

You really believe she wrote a book? Does it have cartoons in it?

July 7, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  30. cremele

you all say who cares and critize her and her book. if you dont care and dont like her why waste your time posting?

July 6, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boof

Thanks, I was waiting for the "why did you post" post. All we need now is the spell checker post.

July 7, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. anonymous

Just what we need, another book dictating the account of yet another vapid idiot who's trying to make another fast buck. Get a life already and be a mother to your child.

July 6, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Not that I would want to take her side or anything, but it appears she doesn't care what you have to say on a blog. Basically... the point I'm making is that she probably has more of a life than you and I do... seeing as how she doesn't have the time to read our petty little commentary.

July 7, 2010 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jeff

I'll read the summaries posted by the press but I won't be buying the book. Sorry, Kendra. Maybe Hef will do a spread with you to promote the book.

July 6, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. kristi

LEAVE HER ALONE AND SHE WOULDNT HAVE TO TAKE TIME AWAY FROM HER SON TO WRIGHT THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. AND IF U DIDNT CARE U WOULDNT HAVE READ THIS PAGE!!! MAYBE SHE THINKS SHE HAS TO TELL EVERYONE EVERY LITTLE THING ABOUT HERSELF SO THEY WILL LEAVE HER ALONE AND GET A LIFE. SHE HAS GOTTON MARRIED AND TRYING TO HAVE A MORE NORMAL LIFE AND NOONE WILL LEAVE HER ALONE. GET A LIFE

July 6, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • foil

You need a PSYCHIATRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      (A DOCTOR THAT HELPS LOONIES)

July 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • s

Did you miss the caps key? It's to your left and it's the one labelled "caps lock". Try using it once

July 7, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • AMY

Yeah Peter Noone, leave Kendra alone!

July 7, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. DavidReddy

Eeww, freckles. And the face looks like a snake.

July 6, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rita

Hope she catches her son wackin to her naughty pictures and video’s when he’s a teenager…that’s gonna be an awkward discussion!

July 6, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. portalpunk

I think she cool and cant wait for the book to come out. Go Chargers!

July 6, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  37. beth

You are all so judgemental. I am sure YOU have NEVER made a mistake. She was young and made some mistakes but has now tried to straighten out her life. Give her some respect...you know what they say about those who cast the first stone.

July 6, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chuck D

Beth come on, first there was the geezer, second the giant fake rack, then complaining that the tape was stolen and it is her that put it out there, what kinda break does she deserve?,oh yea she was hot on her corny video

July 6, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mamaof2boyz

I am proud of Kendra! We all have a past and she is sharing it with us. I think she is brave to tell all and am glad she is telling her story. Having dealt a life that wasn't easy made me the person that i am today and i am very proud of my life! Go Kendra!

July 7, 2010 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  38. Brad

W.G.A.F.

July 6, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  39. abbe

who cares...

July 6, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  40. anne

Don't you know her child will be proud.

July 6, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  41. JP

Will this be a pop up book? Did she use crayons to write it?

July 6, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  42. okay

maybe. i won't rush to judge her. who is anyone to judge another anyway. people are so arrogant.

July 6, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  43. OKx3

Well, that must have taken all of about 15 minutes to do.

July 6, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. lance corporal

eeewwwwwwwwwwwww

July 6, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. opie

she can read and write?

July 6, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  46. CATom

All I can say is save that money you are making now by screwing old guys and stuff. When youa re 40 and sagging and no one wants anything to do with you you'll have something to fall back on besides your back.

July 6, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

are you guys retarded? she HAS a job! plus she has a husband a family too. you're all jealous because she's come so far.

July 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • BUFFALO

Yes, and sooner than you think, your turn at being "40-plus" will be here. Have fun!

July 7, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • brandy

you guys need to stop hateing everybody makes mistakes she is not the same person like she was if u can not understand that people make mistakes then u are not human

July 14, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  47. janice

bimbo needs to get a real job...i agree: WHO CARES?

July 6, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • s

Obviously you care seeing as you took time to read and write a comment!

July 7, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

That "bimbo" doesn't need a job... she has more money than all of us by doing almost nothing. I guess if it works for her then she should keep doing her thing.

July 7, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  48. Springs

Who cares?

July 6, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Wow, that should be coming to a Dollar Store near you in 3 months. What garbage.

Here are two girls who are both prettier than Kendra and have equally controversial pasts. Not to mention they could pass for sisters.

July 7, 2010 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |