July 3rd, 2010

'Mad Men's' Christina Hendricks: 'I look like a woman'

She may have the curves most women would kill for, but “Mad Men” star Christina Hendricks believes another star has a finer figure – Jessica Alba!

In an interview with the July/August issue of Health magazine, the red-headed beauty is genuinely surprise when told that hers is the form that females most admire. “Really? They don’t say Jessica Alba? ‘Cause that’s what I’d say!” says Hendricks, 35. “It’s such a compliment, because of all those times I had agents who were like, ‘You have to lose some weight,’ and all of a sudden, people are celebrating it.”

The Tennessee native, who admits, “I could sit down with a bag of chips and French onion dip and go to town,” hits the gym regularly to maintain a healthy balance. “I get kind of bored on the treadmill, but I do it,” she explains. “And I do a little bit of weight training. I’m really into the BOSU ball. You have to balance on it, and I do weights and squats on it. I’m pretty good at it, I feel sort of like a Karate Kid.”

Regardless of what the media has to say about her appearance, the voluptuous star is comfortable in her sexy skin. “I guess my mom raised me right,” explains Hendricks. “She was very celebratory of her body. I never heard her once say, ‘I feel fat.’ Back when I was modeling, the first time I went to Italy I was having cappuccinos every day, and I gained 15 pounds. And I felt gorgeous! I would take my clothes off in front of the mirror and be like, 'Oh, I look like a woman.' And I felt beautiful, and I never tried to lose it, ’cause I loved it.”

1. Maileni

Why is it that a "real woman" has to have curves? Are skinny girls not real women because they don't?

November 9, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. michelle johnson

pasty white, CHUNKY lookin, LARGE red-head with MAN LOOKING FEET...........yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cate

Wow Michelle you are pathetic. And I bet you're an ugly hag, inside and out.

November 9, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. joe

Buggedy buggeddy Bang!!! I'd roll that. At least for a few more years before she blows up completely.

July 6, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. stout

it must be irritating to have worked your way up through the acting ranks to have a TV show, then all anyone talks about is your body after you went to school for acting and everything

July 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Critic

Can CNN PLEASE perform spell checks and grammar checks before it puts articles online? It is utterly ridiculous that such a large source of news consistently has elementary spelling and technical errors when there probably are multiple people reading each article before publication.

July 5, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Peggy

She's a throwback to the 40s and 50s. She isn't fat at all. As far as the"girls" are concerned, I don't think there are all that big, I think the dress style kind of exaggerates them.

July 5, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. donlizard

She looks like an "exaggeration" of a woman!

Overdone makeup and breasts larger than a "human head" are so grim!

I feel sorry for her, because she's gonna have serious back problems later.

July 5, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  8. Annie

LOL. No need to be jealous TheRealDoris. I'm a girl with big boobs (not as huge as Christina's) and I normally hate mine. But this woman is totally my girlcrush for the way she carries herself.

July 5, 2010 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Brian

No complaints if she kept the sheets warm for me. wow.

If you want to see another gorgeous girl (Safe for Work), check out this hilarious story about the iPhone and Steve Jobs and then see the related pics at the bottom. Paraguyan lingerie model (again, safe for work pics).

July 5, 2010 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. TheRealDoris

Voluptuous? Catch her when she's 50 – it won't be so incredible then.

July 4, 2010 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
    • MassiveQuantums

She'll look awesome...trust me.

August 30, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bett

When I was in my 20-30s, I was a marathoner and at 5'2" weighed 98 lb. Now I'm 56 and weigh probably 25 or so lb. more since I don't run 80-100 miles a week. Funny thing, though – men of all ages seem to still find me attractive, even though I wouldn't say I'm a beauty – more tomboy cute. I've never had any type of cosmetic surgery and dress in jeans, t-shirts and simple skirts/dresses, very little jewelry and makeup. I've been happily married for nearly 30 years. I have friends ranging in age from early 20s to early 90s. I practice kindness and compassion to those I interact with on a daily basis, although it is a real struggle at times (hey I'm not perfect!). I don't think a person is old and washed up at 40, 50 or any other number.

Being comfortable with yourself and confident in who you are, and practicing kindness to others is, and always will be, the most powerful aphrodisiac.

September 24, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Heather

No doubt she has an incredible body. But what is that on her shoulder in this picture? It looks like she's being gnawed on by an angry Yorkie or an Ewok.

July 3, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Holly

hahahahahahaha.....Ewok/Yorkie.....that's gonna keep me laughing all day.

July 5, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Brandie

I think she's amazing looking...But I am curious why her stylist would put a tribble on her shoulder.

July 8, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. Luis

She's the iconinc definition of voluptuous! And you can indeed loose too much weight and those lovable curves...just look at picures of Jennifer Connelly over time as an example.

July 3, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Marta

She's so gorgeous... an apparently has great personality too!!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |