July 2nd, 2010

Dennis Hopper's last interview

Fans said goodbye to Dennis Hopper in May when he died of prostate cancer, but the actor lives on - in our hearts and on our newsstands.

In Hopper’s last interview, which will appear in the August issue of Vanity Fair, he opens up about his personal life, his greatest achievements in the biz and more.

“‘Easy Rider’ and ‘The Last Movie’ were the only films that I made totally on my own,” he said.

And while Hopper said “Easy Rider” was his greatest career achievement, his greatest achievement as an actor was “Blue Velvet.”

“I’ve been in such incredible movies,” he said. “I think at one point I’d been in the five most expensive movies ever made - not that I had large parts in them.”

Hopper’s interview with Vanity Fair, which is currently available on newsstands in New York and L.A., will be available nationally on July 6.

Filed under: Dennis Hopper

1. Eytan

Google PPC (pay-per-click).There are services where you can buy ads from Google and Microsoft that will put your agmssee and a link to your page on search engine results pages that are relevant.

March 17, 2012 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. EHT

Please, everyone knows that that wife was a total operator. First she claimed Dennis was mentally incompetent when he wasn't, then she claimed he was well enough to be deposed like a week before he died...after she had stolen his art and made off with his youngest kid at Christmas. His last Christmas!!! Also, she was having an affair. She made his final days miserable (as he is quoted as saying in Vanity Fair) and she deserves a whole lotta nuthin.

July 4, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Larry

He was a good,respected actor & a good dad. Rest in Peace

July 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Roscoe Blodgit

At best, Dennis Hopper was a half-assed actor!!!

July 2, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mike

Blue Velvet was the biggest piece of crap you've ever seen? Okay Jane, maybe you should stick with real filmmaking like twilight or transformers [Sarcasm] F&ck you you stupid little sl/ut. Dennis was such a talented actor and never did it for the money like 75% of todays "actors". I hope you choke Jane.

July 2, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. big foot

Dennis was no doubt a talented actor, but in the realm of being a descent human he lacked success.

July 2, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Deb

I like how the wife was demanding he show up in court and accused him of lying about how sick he was.....he died a week later. Gold digger – you betcha. She should get something though – but only what the pre-nup amount. As a single mom who raised two kids on an income of less than 20,000 a year (although it was 15 years ago) with no welfare it galls me when the ex wife wants 50,000 + a month. He made the money, he should be able to say where it goes when he is gone. I wish the divorce had been finalized. A lesson to all – don't wait.

July 2, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jane

Blue Velvet is the biggest piece of crap to have ever been made. Art???? I think not!!

July 2, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Like I said, stick to Twilight and that sort of piece of crap. Bullsh!t acting in all that crap. Dennis was the man and David Lynch is a real filmmaker, you see very little of that these days. I would fck you, you stupid f$ck, you.

July 2, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. beenz

Set your DVR's.. Blue Velvet is playing at about 1am (CT) tomorrow morning on either Turner Classic Movies or AMC (sorry – can't remember which channel)

July 2, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. Frank

I liked Dennis. "Blue Velvet" is a must see.

July 2, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  11. Name Witheld

Cat, the divorce never went through last I checked. They were in the process of it. And who's to say she wasn't as bad as he claimed she was ? You can't really bash anyone until you know all sides of the story. Neither one of them sounds like saints.

That being sad, I liked Dennis because I thought he was a good actor. He seemed to enjoy playing the villain, and he was quite good at it. But for me the best actor to play a villain will always be Christopher Walken.

July 2, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  12. Brass Pair

Cat, she was probably a psycho gold digger.

July 2, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  13. Cat

Never cared for Dennis Hopper... especially after what I read about what he'd done to his wife. [Divorced her before he died so that she wouldn't get a dime]. :-(

July 2, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |