July 1st, 2010

'Avatar's' Zoe Saldana engaged

Zoe Saldana and her boyfriend of 10 years are engaged, the "Avatar" actress’s rep confirmed to CNN.

Although Saldana, 32, has been with her fiancé Keith Britton, the 33-year-old CEO of My Fashion Database, for 10 years, they’ve kept fairly quiet about their romance, according to Us Weekly, who calls the couple “low-key.”

One of the first times Saldana came out about her relationship with Britton was at Women in Film’s 2010 Crystal + Lucy award night on June 1, the Los Angeles Times reported.

“I have to thank that one special person who always gets buried and overlooked," Saldana said. "I've lived a very private life, and I've been with a partner for 10 years who has allowed me to age, which is absolutely awesome.”

Here's hoping for many more years of the same, Ms. Saldana.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. myk

But she does a that big ol flared up black girls nose...I

August 9, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. janeyre

Human, I guess it is time to sign off. Your comments were very refreshing. There were others also. Hue isn't really that important. People should be together, because they love or care for one another. I hope this coupld has the kind of relationship, that can, will endure. Much happiness for them. Good night all...

August 9, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Melissa

killerbeautiful Zoe is of Puerto Rican and Dominican descent. That being said she is still considered black because Latina is not a race. Afro-Latina is the correct term. I'm Dominican and some people in my family have blonde hair and blue eyes and some have dark skin and brown eyes. And some are in between like me! :) Anyway, congrats to her and her hubby to be. She is so gorgeous and is a great actress! :)

July 3, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Disgruntled Nig

Ugh... why do white men love stealing OUR women?

July 2, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. SunTzu77

He looks like a dork... but I wish them the best. Marriage is hard in that industry.

July 2, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. idiotamericans

you idiots turn EVERYTHING into a race thing and THEN try to teach the rest of the world about freedom and liberty??!

July 2, 2010 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. Ayo

wow! 10 years! ...and we all thought 'Guess Who' with Ashton was 'just' another movie flick

July 2, 2010 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. General Gonad

Where are the Mods/Moderation in this????? How could they let this carry on for so long???? It is still happening!

July 1, 2010 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. General Gonad

You know if Zoe and her fiance one day reads all this, they will be very hurt.

How dare you all!!!!!

July 1, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mythbuster

heeheeheehee...you are a bad thing...yes you are...

July 1, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • General Gonad

Hello Mythbuster,

I have not even attacked anyone in here and just stated my point of things and I get assaulted by all these women in here. Most likely devoted The Bacherlor/Bachelorette viewers. Women who watches Star Trek and late night ab machine infomercials don't act as vile. My point is that these folks may act "nice" and "civilized" on the outside but deep down inside they are full of bile.

You know I am happy that Zoe is marrying whoever. I mean they stayed together for 10 years. Before they "made it" they stuck by one another.

You folks who attacked me are such really bad/evil individuals. Oh for shame.

July 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mythbuster

I'm black and I'm rich. So are my folks. White dad. Black mom. No big deal. Not a black-white thing..it's a people thing ya'll. Money doesn't make it better (it's nice to have, mind ya), but money's not All there is. Love to my girl, Zoe.

July 1, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  11. California Stud

With an ugly bofriend like that I see why she didn't brang him out for 10 years.

July 1, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Christine

I am happy for the couple. God bless them.

July 1, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cleo

Zoe does have a great sense of fashion. Her man does too. I hope they will be very happy.

July 1, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. General Gonad

Hehehehehe. Look what I have started.

July 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judgment Day

No, your technique is demon-possessed, but there are folks who will never buy into your kind of crap. Peace to all. 'I See You'

July 1, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mario

Somehow I'm not surprised that he's white and he works in fashion. She seems really self absorbed, vain, and shallow.

July 1, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. John

I take that back. If she would limit herself to her own kind she would have to marry Sammy Sosa. What you think?
    Which one is funnier?

July 1, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. John

If she was to limit herself to marrying her own kind she would have end up with Alfonso Ribeiro(Carlton) from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

July 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Stan

Still looking forward to seeing proud black people get their spotlight in the limelight, since the days of the Cosby show, everything has been going downhill. Now I bet we'll start hearing how she isn't really black anyways but hispanic, I'd say spare me the bull crap! I wanna see a rich black popular celebrity getting married to another black person (male or female) – this crap is getting way out of hand. This is coming from a black person.

Its time the blak community stopped worshipping these people and potraying them like some type of role models to young black people,I bet it only reinforces the self-hatred that is now prevalent in the community, how sad!

July 1, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • STOP!!

Just stop it with all the racist nonsense. CAN we just be happy for a couple that has found love? sheesh!!!

July 1, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Elle

you guys are mean. good for both of them. and i don't think he's bad looking AT ALL. look at halle berry who dates gorgeous men and it never works out. bet you a million bucks this guy is worth it, plus more.

July 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Teriander

She's not that hot. I've seen hotter chicks in a South American bar. You guys are just used to seeing trailer trash so anyone who looks decent is HOT to you.

July 1, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. General Gonad

Alright that does it. Jon Gosselin as the next The Bachelor!!!!!!!

July 1, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Crabby

WHO CARES!!!

July 1, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. General Gonad

All you folks who disagree with me wouldn't marry one so stop being such a closet bigot and hypocrite. You all know deep down I am right. Now stop complaining. I only marry and date my own kind. I don't sell out.

July 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • gheezy

so does your own kind involve idk, maybe white, non-jewish, non french, non-hispanic from spain, non-european, or white? because if you yourself is a white american, then you should very well know that whites come from various backgrounds, so to say "your own kind" is not quite accurate, unless you truly mean "your own kind" meaning your family members.

July 1, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • sad detector

If you're sad, and you harbor fear and hate and destructive pre-judgement in your heart, and you know it...clap your hands..and you really shouldn't show it...clap your hands

July 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • just stop

Better to be a 'closet bigot' then to make the world an uglier place. Keep your foul opinions to yourself, please.

July 1, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • crazy kuda

Yeah,their either in jail or sleeping with your old lady while your away.Think about it!!!

July 1, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • max

so you date your family members? lol you bigot

July 1, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

General Gonad is enjoying his honeymoon night about to do the deed when his new wife when suddenly she says to him, "Wait you need to know that this is my first time!" Bewildered Gonad calls his mother and says "Mom, she is a virgin!" Gonad's mother replies, "Son, you get away from that woman!"; "If she ain't good enough for her own family, she ain't good enough for ours!" : )

August 12, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ash

She looked very hot in avatar. Hopefully she will remain hot for her white skin husband.

July 1, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  25. KW Baraka

General Gonad

Yeah that is right.... she is marrying a white dude. Because most of the black dudes are in prison!
    July 1, 2010 at 12:46 pm
    ==========================================================================

Ya know, until you chimed in with your low-rent drivelings.......no one mentioned race.

Kinda says something about you, huh?

July 1, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  26. erizame

Congrats to them both! It's good to read something nice out of Hollywood once in a while instead of about domestic violence, drug overdoses etc This is nice and they look so happy together. Hope they stay that way. Know one thing-this guy got himself a beautiful and talented wife!

July 1, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. mejazzbo

Zoe, can you hear my heart breaking? Good luck to you both. But on the day he doesn't fulfill your wildest fantasies, please look me up. LOL

July 1, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  28. David

Good for them. It's not all about money. They got together 10 yearsago, when they were in their early 20s.

That was before either of them became really successful. So they "knew each other when". It's a wonderful thing.

July 1, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  29. Joie

Good luck...NOT!

July 1, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  30. CATom

Duh...he's got money. Doesn't matter how he looks. When you find the golden goose you don't let go at least not without taking a piece with you.

July 1, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  31. shan

ten years is a long time... but she could do better (if looks were the only standard). he must be a really good guy.

July 1, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  32. ballz

I would definitely drink her bathwater – that is one darn fine looking woman

July 1, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  33. Carlos

NOOOOOO!!!!!! My Zoe is getting married! How could she do this to me?

July 1, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  34. c

Thats not true, and even still its not like u have a chance either

July 1, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Anne

General Gonad

Your ignorance is outstanding. If you are saying that violence is a black man's domain, remember that both World Wars involved white countries. And I am not black. There are good and bad in all races

July 1, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  36. get-over-it
    July 1, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  37. sad detector

sigh...so sad...

July 1, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Stan

Actually, he is not ignorant, he (or she) speaks the truth. Too manyof these "black" celebrities marry outside their race (both men and women, especially men), that it has become hard to keep count. What example do they set for young black people who struggle to find some pride in their race when they see their role models run off to the nearest white person?? Think of any black celebrity and I bet you that person would likely have a non-black partner.

It is complete utter bullcrap. This is coming from a black person, it has nothing to do with hate and ignorance, its just an uncomfortable pattern!

July 1, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Cleo

Hey, just love yourself and other people's lives won't matter. No disrespect intended, but if you really do not let anyone else's actions devalue you (plural) then what they do is no big deal.

July 1, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  40. gheezy

So stan, why are you blaming these celebrities then? It's not celebrities that are keeping black people oppressed by fear and money motivated. Instead why don't you blame black communities, for continuously preaching the wrong things, blame black on black crime for constantly keeping blacks locked up, drug dealing/addiction, or killing one another. Until blacks can stop hating each other, then maybe you'll see a reverse pattern.

July 1, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  41. killerbeautiful

I thought Zoe Saldana was Latina. Isn't she Dominican and Puerto Rican? Not it matters, but people seem to jump on the bandwagon about her heritage without actually looking into it.

July 2, 2010 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  42. Darth Vader

Where da white wimmin at?

July 2, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  43. Human

Everything that you think and feel should not be placed on paper. We are not black, white, Latina, African, Indian or any other marker that can separate us from being what we truly are which is human.

What does it mean to say you are of any particular race? It means nothing. You can be any one or combination of these identifiers, and fit into any social category ones imagination can think up. There is not one adult on earth that has never had to apologize either out loud or inside. No one human is perfect.

And to just think of a few so called black celebrity couples lets see…
    1. Denzel and Pauletta Pearson Washington
    2. Beyonce & Jay-Z
    3. Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith
    4. President Barak and Michelle Obama
    5. CEO Of American Express – Kenneth and Katherine Chenault
    6. Bill and Camille Olivia Cosby
    7. Quintin and Diane Primo
    8. Donald and Henrietta King
    9. Herman and Otelia Russell
    10. Forest and Kiesha Witaker
    11. O'Shea (ICE Cube) and Kimberly Jackson
    12. Blair Underwood and Desiree DaCosta

Need I go on? All of these are very successful African American families but more so they are successful human beings. Not due to them being one race or another, but because they chose to have drive, goals, and were able to stay focused on their goals. Only one race owns these characteristics and that is the human race.

July 5, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  44. Mag

Don't fool yourself Stan....you are all about hate and ignorance

August 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |