June 30th, 2010

Jermaine Jackson: I support Chris Brown 100 percent

Chris Brown’s weepy tribute to Michael Jackson at Sunday’s BET Awards may have left viewers split about the sincerity of his performance, but the 21-year-old singer has won back at least one fan: Michael’s big brother Jermaine Jackson.

“It was just a spectacular moment,” the 55-year-old former Jackson 5 member told “Extra” of Brown’s rendition of “Man in the Mirror,” in which the troubled R&B star – who received a felonious charge for beating his ex-girlfriend Rihanna a year ago - became so choked up that he could barely get through the song.

"To see [Chris's] performance, it was very emotional for me, because it was an acceptance from his fans from what has happened to him and also paying tribute to my brother,” said Jackson, adding, "He deserves to perform, because it's healing for him. How can he learn from his mistakes if you don't give him a chance? He needs that."

“I love Rihanna, and I'm not supporting what he did, but I support him [as a singer] 100 percent.... Chris Brown is a human being, and we all make mistakes. We can't condemn him for what has happened. We hope he has learned from it."

1. dbox

new track feat chris browns sister http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8

October 13, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. nika

We all make mistakes in life. We all were young once, and know that if we haven't recieved a great upbringing on how to treat ourselves and others, it will follow us to adulthood. Both singers had a rough abusive childhood, and at 19 and 20 are just finding out about themselves. If we don't forgive we can't begin to heal.

July 8, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tia

What's wrong with working at McDonalds??!!?.........whether we are working people or not we all have a right to express our opinions. Best wishes to Chris Brown,it is over,everyone move on–he deserves a second chance at his career. And to Tiffany, I did see a man shaking a can on the Cross Bronx Expressway in NY - he had no legs...never judge.

July 1, 2010 at 5:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tiffany

To: lol & Jules
    Yeah, very funny. Never worked at McDonald's and never will. I'm college educated so I can't wait to see you guys standing on the street corner shaking cans and cleaning toilets at Jack in the Box.

July 1, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

Commenting at 1 am... yeah you must have a swell job to look forward to in the morning.

Admit it, you didn't get your happy meal yesterday and you got mad. You mad?

July 1, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

@lol....it's the only time they'll let her empty the trash and wax the floors in the office building she cleans.

July 1, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. joy

thats whatt im talking about tiff rihanna is dirty and forget all you haters losers

June 30, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

At the party, everyone was feeling Mary. Mary left so everyone jumped for Joy. Talk about dirty!!!!

June 30, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tiffany

It is amazing to me how bold people can be behind a computer. Clearly none of you have any real jobs because the same people are on here everyday trying to see how they can release their bitterness on anyone that is doing better than them. Leave Chris Brown be. He's sorry and he has served out his punishment. It has been over a year. If y'all were really staying on top of this case from the beginning with an unbiased eye you would know that 3 prior incidents of Rihanna laying her hand on Chris came up and then she decided that she wanted to try to drop the charges and the restraining order set up by the judge. If Chris Brown is such as monster, why does she want to drop a restraining order? If she thought he was so much of a monster don't you think that she would want to stay as far away from him as possible? For a very traumatized battered woman that you all make her out to be, she sure jumped into a new relationship fast, first with Drake and now the baseball player she is with. Then she was quick to pose nude on the cover of GQ. She milked this incident like hell to help boost her fame. Chris Brown wanted to just let the incident blow over and she refused to let it go. She laid her hands on a man one too many times and he clicked out. Let him make his comeback. He's paid for his mistake long enough. The rest of you bitter miserable souls need go climb back under the covers in your dark rooms like you used to do before internet blogs were created.

June 30, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Pretty bold yourself there Tiff. I see you aren't gainfully employed either, eh?

June 30, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

I hate generalizers like you, Tiffany. Not all of us bashed CB. Maybe you should get back to your job at McDonalds.

June 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

@lol...good one. I think Tiff is a few fries short of a happy meal.

June 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

@ Jules

Couldn't have said it better myself. Not sure how Tiffany expects to tell us to stop "bashing CB" and then goes on a rant about Rihanna...

If every emo got a happy meal, I think the world would be a better place, don't you think, Tiffany?

June 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • TiredofGroupies

Tiffany you are a joke! You say you're college educated but anyone that attends a college course can say that. Blogging is about expressing your opinion even if it's "bashing" your beloved Chris Brown. So go back to college and actually finish so you can learn a few more things that are needed to become a civilized human being in our society. Just because Rihanna has the body, looks and money to pose and where what she wants don't be, what you people say, a "hater".

July 1, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. Fat Albert

Hey mamaba, whyba dontcha beba coola bahuma?

June 30, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nick

if it was beiber it would be ok

June 30, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chris Crocker

LEAVE CHRIS ALONE!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO MEAN!!! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU GUYS ARE INNOCENT OF ALL WRONGDOING. TAKE A LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU START JUDGING OTHERS!!!

I like Justin Bieber.

June 30, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Shawn

"...because it was an acceptance from his fans from what has happened to him." What has happened to him? Like Chris Brown is an innocent victim for beating up his girlfriend and biting her ON THE FACE. He is a dangerous criminal, not some poor fella who had some bad luck.

June 30, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dimple

Yes people should move on from Chris Brown and let the boy better himself. Hes only 21 years old and has a whole lifetime to lead. Why do people like Charlie Sheen, Sean Penn, Mickey Roucke get away with domestic violence and have great careers yet a Young Black Chris Brown is demonized in the media!

Americans have no right to judge, none of these idiots in media have a right to judge this young man. America has killed thousands of people around the world with their illegal wars, and have never properly investigated and prosecuted the pedos in the Catholic church! Now they want to demonise a young man that has been blacklisted for the past year because of one terrible mistake which he is trying to make right. America, take a hard look it at yourself. You let a self admitted child rapist Polanski have a great movie career in Hollywood 30 years after his crimes, a man who fled the united states instead of facing the music. Bunch of hypocrites

June 30, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • TiredofGroupies

Ok I know you are complete idiot since you compared all these high scale incidents and wars to someone as minuet as chris brown. Those so called "illegal" wars are for your safety. Where were you Sept 11, 2001? Please stop trying to pull the "black card" with EVERYTHING people. Being black myself and an American in those "illegal" wars, it makes me sad when I lose a Soldiers because they are protected people like you!

July 1, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ro

Jermaine is an opportunist. I think he is supporting Chris Brown so he can capitalize on him. I agree with TiredofGroupies 100%. Chris Brown should never have been part of MJ's tribute. Who was the Crying act for MJ or himself. He will never be the person or entertainer Michael is. MJ R.I.P you are so missed.

June 30, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. browndiva35

everyone that is human has made some type of mistakes in their life... heck we are all born into a world full of SIN, (ntake it as u wish) however it just may be.. they may or may have not been caught or judged on their ACT or SIN or that MISTAKE.. the point i am making is that we all are humans and we all error in our lives.. weather or not you forgive chris brown really doesn't matter... weather or not you stand behind him accept his forgivness and to offer your support.. his life will go on regardless of what you think or feel towards him.. it obvious that you have issues with in youself and that you may need to seek help with it.. any way that is the reason WHY you need to pray, & repent about your issue or issues and ask GOD for his forgivness because, his opinion in the end.. is the only one that really matters.

June 30, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TiredofGroupies

Michael Jackson is the Best there is, the Best there was and the Best there ever will be! I'm so glad to see Chris Brown would use a tribute to the King of Pop to pull off a publicity stunt to win his fans, no not fans, Groupies over!!! Makes me sick. And all you females on here if you're in my neck of the woods and I respond to a you getting your a$$ beat, the first thing I'll ask is what did you do to provoke him to beat the SHYT out of you!!!

June 30, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mimi

I don't condone domestic violence. With that being said, it's time to move on and forgive him. Like Low said Charlie Sheen can put a knife to his wife's throat but he is still on TV.

June 30, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Realist

I think you're all a bunch of raving botards!

June 30, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Low

Charlie Sheen beat and put a knife to his wife throat but I dont see CBS getting him off TV, nor is Hanes dropping him, but let it be Chris Brown and this guy cant do anything ever again. What hypocrites some people are!!

June 30, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Shawntae

i dont care about none of them! 4get all them! M. Jackson is not dead!!! yall r wrong 4 lie'n 2 every boy about that!!! it all has something 2 do wit tha alumanide (how ever u spell it)

June 30, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  19. laura

chris brown was the best and still can be and you haters get mad when people start to forgive again you dont know what to do now that you dont have somebody to nbring down you guys are pathetic

June 30, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Monique

So many comments, so little space. First, I have been a MJ fan for a long time. Throughout the changes to his face, throughout the trials and after his death. He was an Entertainter; one that I enjoyed and certainly will never forget. His life was never his, the world should be thankful it had the opportunity to enjoy such talent. There comes a time when people have to stop being so disrespectful and realize MJ was someones' son, brother, uncle, father, friend, etc. None of us were present to witness the truth, so why don't we all stop judging, get our own houses in order and dance to "Billy Jean?!"

Second – Chris Brown...everyone realizes that both he AND Rihanna were CHILDREN when this happened? I don't advocate beating ANYONE, but the facts remain, if you hit you should expect to get hit back. The "degree" of hitting has no bearing once you decide to lay your hands on someone. The pictures of her face were spread around painting her as a victim...no one speaks about the heel of her stiletto being found stuck in the WINDSHIELD on the OUTSIDE of the car he was driving?! Again, no excuses, however, there are many sides to this story that just aren't spoken of. Give the kid a break – performing is how he EATS!!! It's his JOB. We are earthly and we shouldn't be so pompous to think that we can cast judgement. The young man was FANTASTIC and BET should be kicking themselves in their A$$E$ for not having him perform it LAST YEAR (screw JayZ – his cry baby antics were the REAL reason Chris was not at the 09 BET Awards).

All I have to say is I'll raise you a GEORGE BUSH to your OJ :)

June 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dizzle

Good one on the George W. Bush! LOL

June 30, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • erie

well said, i'm a white woman and i am really sick of hearing about OJ every time some other celeb crime pops up

June 30, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

"Lastly – Is White America Ever going to get over OJ? For years and beyond things continue to slide on your side...Enough already...everytime a situation comes up here comes a White person throwing out an "OJ," gimme a break!!!"

When is black America going to understand that we bring up OJ because he is an example of how money can get you off, it has nothing to do with race. For the record, I (white america) think Roman Polansky, Charlie Sheen, OJ, Chris Brown, and every law breaking celebrity should just go away quietly. Chris Brown is a punk who beat the crap out of a girl. You can forgive him, I don't have to.

June 30, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. FD

Hey everybody! It seems to be that Chris Brown is blacklisted by the industry. If Jay-Z still harbors ill feelings toward Chris Brown, Chris might as well hang it up! Until the industry moves on, you all will not move on. You know you all don't think on your own and you follow what the media and its industries dictate!

June 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sean

if it was bieber you would forgive and this is coming from a teen white girl

June 30, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. george

you haters lives must suck not to forgive him i bet he better person than you losers get a life

June 30, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Sometimes, george, the biggest haters are the ones with the biggest issues.

June 30, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  24. sam

if it was justin bieber you guys would forgive him quick

June 30, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • TiredofGroupies

Are you making that statement because he's white? Or bc he's also young and cute (for now)?

June 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. nick

leave chris alone

June 30, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Roxanne

I was a victim of dometic violent and man do not change over night , he 's sorry because he's not making any money sellings his music...

June 30, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dizzle

Roxanne, sorry to hear about your situation but you can't equate every assault with what happened to you. This kid made a mistake and he is sorry. Believe me I'm a man and I was with a woman who was phsyically abusive toward me. She told me I was a man and that I can take it. Well I have and threshold and I was almost pushed to that before I had to get the cops involved and I can happliy say that I'm happily divorced from that woman. Most men don't go into a relationship with the intention to hit a woman.

June 30, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Choco

This man has went to counseling and served his time. What more do you want? He was 19 years old when he did this and he still has the rest of his life to get it right. How long must he pay for your bad relationship? All you who have been or know someone who was in a domestic violence situation needs to stop placing your hurt and anger on this man. I certainly don't blame this young man for my father beating my mother, so stop blaming Chris Brown for your heartship and pain. Just like you have to work it out to get healed, so does he.

June 30, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bill

If I ever run into Jermaine I'm going to punch his stupid a$$ right in the chops. When he hits the gound I'm going to kick him in the nuts. But it will all be cool because I'm human and everyone makes mistakes, and he can't condemn me for what happened.

June 30, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

Perhaps not, but you will be sitting in a jail next to Bubba for at least one night. Have fun doing that, incompetent commenter.

June 30, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not so slick Willy

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. You also pay for your mistakes, as well. This isn't Monopoly, Bill. You can't just get away with stuff like that.

June 30, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawrence

Dang Bill, wouldn't it be funny if you hit him and then he proceeded to beat the crap out of you? Just wondering!

June 30, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. P

Why is Chris so special? How many of you go after Roman Polanski? Samantha Geimer has forgiven him why have YOU not? Now let's see how many justification people will have for this one! We all have celebs that we think are real tools and we WON'T forgive for whatever reason. Roman=not forgiven, Chris Brown=forgiven. GO FIGURE (p.s learn about the Polanski case before jumping on the ignorant media bandwagon)

I am always amused by the resurrection of Michael Jackson fans since his death. Before he died he was some child molesting wacko, no one liked his music anymore and he had become a joke. He died and BAM all of a sudden all his actions are forgiven and he becomes a saint. Funny how death will do that. Sadly dying was a wise career move for him.

Yeah sling mud at me all you want, but I bet lots of you were on the CNN boards prior to June 25 2009 calling him all kinds of insult, now it's all praise. Is it guilt? The Jackson family are leeches and Michael was obviously smart enough to realize it. They will make a buck anyway they can. There was only ONE Michael Jackson and just because you have the same parents or you know the words to Man in the Mirror does not mean you have talent. So stop living off his legacy and stop beating ex gf and go out and do something productive. JJ and CB get paid millions being mediocre – where can I sign up for such a job!!!

June 30, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

In either situation, the forgiveness should come from those victimized, not you and not me. They don't need our forgiveness. If they ask us publicly for our forgiveness, well then that's different. Did Roman do such a thing? Please let me know, since I actually have not kept track of that case nor have really paid attention. I do know that Chris Brown posted an online apology (whether it was scripted or not is debatable).

June 30, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • not a fan but...

Polanski is different because he never faced his crimes. He didn't show up and allow his victim(s) to have her day in court. She's healed over time and forgiven him maybe, but who knows how much sooner she could have moved on if she'd been allowed to close the book on this all those years ago. I'm not really a C. Brown fan and I think M. Jackson was just plain weird...but at least they showed up for the fight. They went to court to face their accusers. Polanski just ran.

June 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sal

I agree with Jermaine. But for me personally I think it was an honor to Chris Brown for them to ask him to do tribute. If I could perform and would have asked to do Michael's songs I probably would have broken down to. I don't think anyone else could have done it better than Chris Brown. I don't agree what has happened in the past but we can't continue to live in the past we have to move on. God forgives us and I'm sure Chris has asked for forgiveness. Only God can judge him. I'm some of us have some skeltons in our closets they just haven't came out. Much to Love the Jackson Family and Chris Brown

June 30, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  30. GP

Well said – I agree.
    The man made a mistake and is dealing with it...move on people. Rihanna obviously is.....

June 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. RussInTX

Why would he not? JJ supported his child molesting brother all these years, why not support a woman beater too?

June 30, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

MJ was found innocent.

I guess there aren't many intelligent people in TX.

June 30, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lame

While you're at it Russ, why don't you add the fact that you guys support the DEATH PENALTY. Real classy there.

June 30, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

"MJ was found innocent"

Yeah, and OJ did'nt kill his wife. And Bonds, McGwire and Sosa didn't take roids. And WWE wrestling is real. MJ was a freak who did weird stuff with little boys. His money kept him from ever getting convicted.

June 30, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • for real?

MJ was approaching bankruptcy. I don't believe he had that much money to "protect himself."

Joe, give it a rest with your hateful rhetoric. OJ continued to get in trouble with the law, and well, he paid for it... so for anyone who doubted he was a killer, he kept giving people a reason to believe he was guilty. As for MJ... well perhaps he had no chance to repeat the offenses, but if I'm not mistaken that's his only "Question Mark" in his life and career. He was a person who strongly cared about his music and how it could change people. He was only living a life he never had as a child. Yeah, it was weird, and some say he's a freak. Well, I don't think Hollywood, the music industry, and the like have any shortage of freaks... just look out there. I'm sure if you were short on cash you would do anything to get money from someone who has the money... survival of the fittest ring a bell?

As strange as he may be, he has done a lot more for the music industry and the world (charities) than you will probably ever do in your life, let alone trolling behind your computer. That's not even including the money he has made. I guess you wouldn't understand that, seeing as you must be oh-so-perfect, a world contributor, and a supporter of many causes out there like Autism, Diabetes, and the like. Oh wait, that's right... you probably are one of those d-bags who goes to the store and when someone asks for a spare dollar to donate you'd rather save it for your X-Box game... yeah go away now.

June 30, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

So you are obviously very close with MJ? You seem to know him so well. You are quite certain that a man who ADMITTED to spending nights in bed with other peoples children could not possibly have done anyting inappropriate in bed with them. Just sleeping, you know, just like everyone else who sleeps with other peoples children.

You know what, come to think of it, I've never spent the night in bed with other peoples children. In my opinion, anyone who does that is not right. And MJ was never, ever close to bankruptcy. His music collection was worth well over $100 dollars even at his financial worst. His real debt/equity ratio never evn cam close to bankruptcy because all he had to do was sell the Beatles collection alone and he would have solvent for another 20 years. But ok, you seem to know everything about hiom so you knew that.

You must also know me very well since you seem so sure that I have never done anything in my life to help others. Let me tell you a few things I have done. I have manage to not beat up any girls, and I have managed to not sleep with other peoples children. MY and CB have accomplished more in those two venues than I have so I am obviously inferior to them. Good for them, god for you for being an apologist.

June 30, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Joe

Well, you must have a demented mind to actually believe things would happen every time an older man sleeps with a younger boy. He treated the kids as his own. No one truly knows him, but that also means you don't either.

You don't beat women or sleep with kids? Good for you... I don't either. Oh, and neither did Bernie Madoff... but he's a swell guy, right? Just because you don't do those two things doesn't mean you are better than someone else. You may have hurt someone else with your words and not your actions... you may have lied to your friends and your family about things, big or small (you are a complete idiot if you claim you've never lied)... and you probably have done many other bad things in the course of your life. You may not have to go to court like MJ or CB, but it's still something to be aware of.

The point the other guy made was this: you talk about all the wrongs other people have committed, but have you really done anything that important or useful for the sake of the world??? It may be easy for the average person to not abuse someone... but how easy is it for MOST people to give some money to a charitable cause? You didn't answer that question very well... what have you contributed to society and the world as we know it other than your "morals"? I gave money to causes related to Haiti, Katrina, Cancer, Diabetes, etc... of course that doesn't make me a great person, either... but I am willing to give my money for a good cause. The point is MJ gave a lot of his money and love to the world... what exactly have you done that is so much better than MJ or CB?

June 30, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Spontaneous

So what if he didn't get through the song. He danced plenty before that. I thouhgt Chris was great. I love & support him. GOD forgives so who are you not to?? YOU are NOT perfect. EVERYONE is a sinner. MJ loved it too!

June 30, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Special K

If Rihanna already forgave Chris Brown, why does he need forgiveness from the rest of society? Chris Brown does not owe anyone, other than Rihanna, an apology. Leave the young man alone, and let him resume his career. He made a major mistake; stop attempting to put your "foot on his neck" for the rest of his life!

June 30, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Alex

"barely get through the song"? He did not get through the song period!

June 30, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  35. Dizzle

Joe, Michael was never convicted of child molestation. Also I don't agree with a man hitting a woman just as I don't agree with a woman hitting a man. If you read the police report of Brown/Rhianna, you will see that she hit him first. Again this is not a justification just letting you know how it spiralled out of control. Niether person is innocent in this situation. I believe both should have been punished with Brown receiving the stiffer punishment.

June 30, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • D.J

Dizzle you are right. How much does a person have to pay for his misktakes. Why didn't she get stung more for the incident as well? Why can't people be like GOD or Jesus? He forgives us for all that we do wrong. Just don't make the same mistakes again. I would like for everyone to see what its like to be judged and ridiculed all the time and see how they like it. I know these singers, actors,or anyone in the public eye are human and people need to realize that.

June 30, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sandra Patterson

I'm proud of Rihanna. She's beautiful, gifted and smart. It's time WE move on. Chris was spectacular. Thank you Chris. We'll forever love Michael. RIP, always

June 30, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  37. Ensena

Well done Jermaine, for supporting Chris Brown, he has accepted that he did wrong, he has paid his dues, so let hi be now, the question people shoild ask, is, what drove him to do what he did, ther are two sides to every story and no one has ever bothered to ask for his side. I am sure this young man is not a complete lunatic nor is he crazy, so what did she do to him that night to make react that, he has up till now kept a dignified silence, while i am so dog gone tired of seeing her half self in every paper or magazine, talk about good girl gone bad. " Good ?" I am not sure about that

June 30, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Chaire

Ensena, you are so correct. For a person to have been brutalized, she goes around showing her half naked behind. It's a disgrace to women who really have indured pain in their life after going through something like this. I don't feel no compassion for her as a battered woman, but only as a foolish woman. Her, Beyonce' and the likes needs to put clothes on.

June 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  38. joe

Figures the brother of a child molester would forgive a girlfriend beater. Rock on Jermaine!

June 30, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • tholla

You sound real ignorant the man (Mike) was not found guilty so; therefore he's innocent. I'm quite sure you've done wrong in your life just haven't got caught yet, but everybody deserves a second chance.

June 30, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • @ joe

It's easy for tools like you to use MJ's appearance and strange lifestyle as a means to make false accusations.

I may not know much about this, but seeing how fame and loss of childhood has really affected young artists has given me a different perspective. It's not an easy life, even if you're making all that dough.

June 30, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

@tholla, Yeah, he's innocent. So is OJ. MJ was a deformed faced freak who admitted to spending the night in bed with other peoples children. Yeah, that's OK.

Please, all of you apologists for him or that woman beater Brown are pathetic. Would you be so forgiving it it were your sister or child. I don't think so. MJ was freak, and Brown beat up a girl. Great, go ahead and suport them. And we all wonder why this country is falling apart. Cosby was right.

June 30, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • really

So who is at fault... the people who agreed to have their kids stay with MJ, or MJ himself? If you THINK about it (which I know is hard when someone like you has no brain) then you would understand that the parents should be held responsible, IF your accusations are or are not correct. You speak as if one of your children stayed with MJ... well guess what, it never happened, and it never will. Don't act as if you know the rest of us, either. You aren't speaking from experience, you're speaking from your hatred. You probably don't have children, and you probably are a bitter guy sitting behind a computer while watching The View. Put your tampon on or however you whiney trolls do it, and leave the rest of us in peace.

Too bad Chris Brown can't go and beat clowns like you up. Even Rihanna would pay to see that.

June 30, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dizzle

Joe, ease up a little. Think about it. We all make mistakes. Just like you when you wrote poorly and didn't make sense. Not every one is as godlike as you. Both Brown and Rhianna hit each other. I believe both should have been punished. Remember two wrongs don't make a right but you can right a wrong. Should I speak slower for you? Please think about your next post. It's true we all have our own opinions but we also know what opinions can be related to. Find love in your heart and learn to forgive yourself then you'll be able to forgive others around you.

June 30, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lu

Wow...that is cold.

June 30, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-town florida

Ignorance isnt the answer.. I cant imagine there are so many ignorant people still left on earth!!

June 30, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dimple

Only in a America can people get a away with convicting human beings in the court of public opinion even though that person was found innocent in the COURT OF LAW by a NON BLACK jury of conservative people many of them mothers. A jury who had been fed by the media to believe MJ was guilty even before they stepped into a COURT to hear all the evidence. (What I described above is the huge difference between MJ and OJ moron, and the only thing those two trials had in common was that both defendants were BLACK, maybe that’s why so many WHITE people love bringing OJ up into the MJ debate).

Tell me does every celeb that gets found NOT GUILTY get away with it because they’re rich and famous? Well how come celebrity justice never applied to Phil Spector? O yes that because Phil Spector wasn’t black, only Black people get away with it lol!
      You're a Joke, a typical stupid American who believes everything the bias media says; I also bet you are one of those people who believed the weapons of Mass destruction were in Iraq cause the media told you!

Educate yourself you Media sheep and learn something about your judicial and justice system and the bias media!

Charles Thompson's article "one of the most shameful episodes in journalistic History" on the Huffingtion Post! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charles-thomson/one-of-the-most-shameful_b_610258.html

June 30, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Roni

Mike..Da Wacko did not MOLEST any CHILD... he rather helped and baled out so many from Poverty and lack...Nobody should make that reference to him anymore particularly because he was NEVER FOUND GUILTY BY ANY COURT IN THE US.
      As for Chris Brown and Rihana, people should be careful...did Chris Just wake up and beat up his WIFE.....can we just think before we talk? We cannot continue to make the menfolk the VILLIAN and potray the WOMEN like helpless and harmless all the time......If you think you're so perfect.. let us into your world and....

July 30, 2010 at 3:09 am | Report abuse |
  39. Michele

First let me say, what Chris Brown did was wrong. However, there were two people in that car and I don't believe there was not mutual combat. Chris Brown it appears attempted to move on from this, whereas Rhianna seemed to milk it at every interview opportunity. The young man has been duly punished by the courts, he has paid his debt to society. If you can't forgive him, don't buy his music, but for heavens sake move on already.....

June 30, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  40. cornelius

jermaine has on so much makeup that if he died, you could prob just stick him in a wax museum as is

June 30, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  41. Kat

the more I look at it, the creepier it gets............

June 30, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  42. kat

Look at this picture of jermaine. What's wrong with the sides of his head? It looks like it's painted to resemble hair. I really noticed at the the BET awards when they showed him outside.........

June 30, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  43. lara

Chris Brown has abided by the courts ruling,has made amends,has said he is sorry.Good to hear Jermaine Jacksons support of him. What happened to Rihanna is not acceptable but it is time to move on wish Chris well & continued healing for all involved.

June 30, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  44. wan

Hey Carrie, guess what......Rhianna is not your sister or daughter so get over it! This young man deserves the opportunity to redeem himself just as anyone else does. And, if you do wish to continue to throw stones at him, please don't forget the other perpetrators like Charlie Sheen, for example!!! Or, is your life, and others like you who continue beating this young man down, so miserable, it just feels good to see others hurt; is that it?

June 30, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  45. rashon izu

Very well written Dawn. I totally agree.

June 30, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  46. Rg1110

I think he should be forgiven!!!! Why? Well for one as J. Jackson said everyone makes mistakes (big and small) and for two I'm not sure whatever happened between Rihanna and Chris Brown that night is as one sided as everyone makes it seem!

June 30, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • LadyDee

hey Rj1110 – only one face was beat up. end of story.

June 30, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Khunfuzion

Hey LadyDee – show me a pic of Chris Brown's face from that night....mugshot.....hmmm....still waiting. Just what I thought, you haven't seen one. My hunch is that he did have some marks on him, but God forbid the media put that out. He poured his heart out on that stage and anyone that thinks otherwise needs to do some true self evaluation of why you are harbouring so much hate for someone that didn't do anything to you.

June 30, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  47. Dawn

I was personally abused, Carrie. That doesn't change the fact that people are capable of change, and they should be afforded the opportunity to do so. It takes a smart person to never forget, but it takes a bigger person to always try and forgive.

June 30, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

Great comment. I sincerely hope you have recovered from those experiences and have only grown stronger from it.

June 30, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Carrie

When it's your sister or daughter who was beaten like Rihanna it might be a bit hard to be forgiving as well.

June 30, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • cherrie

He has to stand accountable to God! Let God be his Judge and Jury, he's only human. Everyone makes mistake,it's how we move on and learn from it that detemines the future.

Leave him alone. He's paid his debt.

It's time for us all to move on with this.

June 30, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHRISJU

when one of my sisters thinks she is bigt enough to hit a man in his face – she had better be ready to get hit back- thats what my mom taught us- dont start a fight you cant win- these "kids" were in an equally abusive relationship – its so easy to blame chris brown because he is male- but women who proke men should be heald accountable-

June 30, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

@Chrisju – it's one thing to slap someone once as a spontaneous reaction, and another to beat someone to the extent Rhianna was. I don't think anyone advocates men or women beating up someone like that.

June 30, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nikki

@CHRISJU I agree with you 100% and I am a woman. I honestly don't believe that he just went off on her unprovoked. I have personally seen women get up in a man's face, hit them, say whatever they want and then stand there daring him to make a move. Men are human just like we are. They have a breaking point as well. I always tell my boyfriend if I have the balls to put my hands on you then I deserve whatever comes next. It's not right for fists to fly in either direction. Sorry, I don't see Rhianna as a victim because I just don't believe she didn't play a significant role in what went down. Her interview on 20/20 did not move me. I think they both need help. Plus I don't think I would be so quick to jump into another relationship if my last boyfriend beat me down and humiliated me. I'm just sayin....

June 30, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-town florida

So I guess you and your family WALK ON WATER?? Im sure you have done things you have regreted..We ALL live in glass houses...Only the lord can be the judge..remember that.

June 30, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • sickandtiredofthis

My sister was a victim of domestic violence. She suffered a broken jaw, foot and a few blackeyes. However, I can find it in my heart to forgive and others should also. If everyone tried to put themselves in Chris Brown's shoes and think about how they would feel if they loss their cool or self control or whatever you want to call it – you would want to be forgiven. Pleae do not say you would never do such a thing because we are all imperfect humans and capable of anything! So please let it go!

June 30, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • CD

The lord say that we are to forgive. Have you ever done anything that needed forgiving or are you perfect. NOT

June 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JWilliams

I agree with Jermaine Jackson. For some crazy reason, it is so hard for people to be forgiving and objective. I guess that is world we live in now.

June 30, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • av

I lost my sister at 24 years old she left behind 2 young daughters to domestic violence , many people who coment do not understand the process- in a perfect world this would not happen- however our society must learn to heal. clearly there are those who premediately cause harm and death -yet there are those who commited and act in the heat of passion- I believe like my brother in law- Chris brown is also sorry-though it does not change history
      I support Chris Brown

June 30, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • pam

You People should just leave Chris Brown alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for Christ sake also Chris Brown still has lots of fans we in the african american community we believe in foegiveness

June 30, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |