June 29th, 2010

The truth comes out on 'The Bachelorette'

Last night's episode of "The Bachelorette" began with Ali in Istanbul, Turkey, expressing confidence that nothing can go wrong.

Then, there's a knock at her hotel room door - it's Chris Harrison, and he's not there to ask for extra towels. No, he was there to tell Ali that Jessie from Toronto - who competed with Ali on the Jake Pavelka edition of "The Bachelor" - had something important to tell her, and after watching Chris attempt to master the nuances of international dialing, Ali and Jessie finally connected.

Jessie tells Ali that Justin the wrestler has a girlfriend named Jessica, who just happens to be sitting next to Jessie during said call.  Jessica adds that she's been seeing Justin for two years, and that Justin went on the show for the purpose of furthering his wrestling career. Oh, and one more thing: Jessica believes Justin has ANOTHER girlfriend.

Chris then tells Ali that Justin secretly contacted Jessica throughout the taping, and that the other contestants don't know about it. At that point, Ali is (rightly) ready to kick Justin to the curb.

Ali and Chris went over to the guys' hotel suite, where Ali tells Justin that she talked with his girlfriend. The other men express shock, while Justin does his best Snagglepuss impression and exits stage left. Ali and Chris chase him down, but given that Justin has a bum ankle, the "chase" felt more like a police officer trying to stop someone on a lawn mower.

After Justin spent a strange amount of time walking over, up and through the hotel landscaping, he finally speaks with Ali. He denied having a second girlfriend, but he couldn't say that Jessica was lying about all of it. Justin apologized to Ali for "everything," and walked away again. (For a guy with an ankle injury, he sure walks around a lot.) Viewers were also treated to voicemails Justin left Jessica during the show, expressing his love for her.

As for the other guys, Ty and Frank received one-on-one dates and both earned roses at the end. Frank's date was truly memorable, with Ali channeling her inner Barbara Eden in a belly dancer outfit. For some reason, buying a giant carpet played a significant role in Ali renewing her chemistry with Frank. I enjoy my own new carpet, but picking it out with my wife wasn't a decision that affected our marriage.

The group date, which did not have a rose on the line, saw four of the contestants experience Turkish culture in the form of "professional olive oil wrestling." Craig the lawyer earned one-on-one time with Ali by beating the other contestants in a wrestling tournament that resembled the "I Love Lucy" episode where Lucy stomps grapes in a vineyard.

In the end, Ali gave Craig the boot, saying the romance was missing between the two of them.

Next week, Ali and the five remaining contestants head to Portugal, while Chris Harrison chats with the latest failed "Bachelor" couple, Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi.

What did you think of last night's "Bachelorette" episode?

1. dedektif

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer one thing again and help others such as you helped me.

November 19, 2012 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. công ty thiết kế nội thất

Pretty portion of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually loved account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your feeds and even I success you get admission to persistently rapidly.

August 6, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. advertise your business with us

Someone essentially assist to make severely posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual publish amazing. Fantastic activity!

May 24, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dreamin

He came across as a bit of a narcissist, seem angery. Needs to step up and take reponsibility for his half of the failed relationship. Grown up Jake, or you'll be one lonely old man. Vienna, your much better off with out some that won'tlet you talk or have a conversation with, how sad.

July 6, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. george dumas

When are we the viewing public going to wake up to this stage productions of drama, it all pre-screen, pre written to
    gain ratings, we are so desperate for quality t.v that we buy in to this madness, it all about ratings and all the
    writers are people who no nothing about the good seal of pratice because that would to boring and square.
    T.v of today is high quality progranda

July 6, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. loganranching

The host should have asked Jake why he initially said he was surprised about the break up for the first part of the interview and then spent the last half saying he was the one who broke up with Vienna. Chris totally should have defended Vienna when Jake started screaming at his guest and almost became violent when his temper erupted at Vienna. The host is not a man and should be fired from ABC.

July 5, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mimbee

does anyone really give a fµ¢k about this stuff? I'm actually just here to test my new curse word technology.

June 29, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jen

The show obviously knew for some time that Justin had a girlfriend back home - they were taping each of his phone calls! Meanwhile, they were allowing Ali to potentially fall in love with him while sending other potential mates home. Seems like she show is more interested in having a good story than in actually helping Ali find real love, unless of course, she was in on it and looked forward to playing out this dramatic scene on camera (my personal take is that she's more interesting in her potential future acting career than in finding "the one" at the moment). If Ali wasn't in on it, why wasn't she angry at the producers for not telling her sooner since they knew of Jason's calls home? And how easy was it for him to sneak phone calls anyway - can they all do this or just the guy with the girlfriend? They're supposed to be sequestered from their home lives, TV, email, etc. And they pretended like this was all so spontaneous (Chris saying he just found out this news and now Ali had to hear it) - meanwhile, there already happened to be a camera crew with Jessie and Jessica so we could see them talk with Ali? Amazing.

June 29, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kim

I think that the show is real to an extent. I do not think that they knew Justin had a girlfriend. This is what I think. His girlfriend played along with it until she found out that he was see another girl. This is when she decided to get back at him. She is a fool to think he would not do her that way. He does not care about anybody but himself. He is a loser and KARMA got him. However I think that Ali has trust issues. I can tell she has been done wrong in her past. She does want to find someone, however until she can trust again it will be hard. It seems like she has let the ones that really like her go. But you never know, they could full of BS like Justin.

I really do not think she will find love on this show. But I think in time she will find someone. I think she is trying too hard. She just needs to chill. She is young and has time. Heck I am 45 and never been married. There is worse things in life than being single.

June 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Lauren

having men lie and cheat is the only REAL part of this reality show. he didn't kill anyone. he went on a TV show. this is what dating is like in the real world. if he got there and actually fell in love, he may have dumped his two girlfriends at home. Sting was married and got involved with his next-door-neighbor, Trudie. He left his wife and married her. Jerry Seinfeld fell in love with a girl at his gym; problem was that she had just married someone else. So she left him, and married Jerry. It isn't pretty, but this is reality.

June 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kelly C

Hey, here is a twist, let's see Jake back on the show and see if they can finish what they started from the bachelor ... yeah the show is dumb, but people need entertainment ... and who knows .... maybe it could work ....

June 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mimi G of Toronto

Ali blew it when she let Craig go. I thought he was genuine and he fought hard for her trying to get one-on-one date with her by winning the wrestling match. Somehow she did not see that – her loss.

Justin was a typical selfish person, a man of "zero" substance or character. What a creep! And good ridance! I'd rather be alone than be with someone like him, a snake.

June 29, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

I liked Craig too, but he seemed years ahead of her in maturity. Don't quite know how that would eventually play out.

June 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Janet

Oh...I thought Justin was gay. My badd. Turns out he's just a weasel with a man purse.

June 29, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  14. EI

I DIDN'T LIKE HER DECISION OF LETTING GO CRAIG.
    HE SEEMS SUCH A NICE GUY, REAL, PERSONABLE, WITH A LIFE AND CAREER.

June 29, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. HowFun

Com'n you guys. Give it a break. This is nothing more than entertainment. You all are discussing it, so you where entertained. I agree that she may not find true love, but I think Frank is out and I want to see her with TY. He is polite, cute, gentlemenly, and just a great guy. Roberto is to smooth, and the others don't seem to do it for her. GO TY!!!!!

June 29, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

You don't have to be entertained when you read an article or follow something. Interested, perhaps. Entertained? Not in the least. If people get disgusted over "news" like this, how is that entertaining to us?

June 29, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • HowFun

I don't thiink anyone is disgusted by the show its self. I think that it is some of the people's behavior. You have to have a sense of humor to get the entertainment value from this kinds of shows. Relaxe, enjoy :)

June 29, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  16. Import_girl01

This show has truly become a joke. I loved Ali in the bachelor, not sure what happened to her on this show. She was dead on about vienna. What happened to her insticts about justin. You can almost tell there's hardly any chemistry with most of the guys. Shame on the producers who select these guys. Especially the likes of Justin and even frank. There was something about him that I did not like. Chris L was my pick from the beginning, but according to the spoilers she picks no one. I guess that's show biz

June 29, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  17. Eric

I think that Ali knew from day 1 that Justin was not there for the right reasons. I'm sure she decided to keep him to create more drama in the house in order to get higher ratings. It's amazing how shows nowadays try to play these games with viewers as if we do not know what they are actually doing. This is all intertaining, it has nothing to do with finding love. I do however think that at the end she will choose Roberto but he might not accept.

June 29, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  18. Yvonne

If Justin was there to promote his wrestling career, I'm hoping he ruined it instead. Watching previews of upcoming episodes, I'm sad to see that Cape Cod Chris was not shown at all. Too bad. Roberto and Chris are my favorites. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't pick anyone. She seems too scared to truly be involved with someone.

June 29, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Import_girl01

Chris L is in the finale. Take a good look at the upcoming episode, especially at the end. She just does not pick him. She was not committed in finding true love.

June 29, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

I so agree that Ally is too scared to really find love - especially after what's happened to date with this group. I think there are guys there that she truly cares about and it could develop into something, but it won't happen. Partly because she won't let it. Truthfully, to me she seems too immature for a serious relationship right now, even if the right guy were in this group.

June 30, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. suzy diamond

It was good! What a weasel!! Couldn't even MAN-UP! Running away like a little girl. JERK!

June 29, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  20. figures

It's all about the ratings... I bet you the producers knew that Justin had a girlfriend. This stuff just makes things more "exciting" and more "dramatic." Of course, these are some of the many reasons why I do not watch the show. I'm not going to go out and say I don't care... but I would definitely say that this is an interesting (but not surprising) development.

June 29, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  21. whatever

why is this show still on? why do people still watch? she is not the same Ali as she was on the Bachelor!

June 29, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  22. Lisa

I been watching from the beginning and I don't see anyone of them for her. Ali perceives me to be upfront and nothing to hide and this maybe the first woman to openly admit she cannot commit to anyone now when the time comes. There is the other option of picking the best out of all of them and as time goes out handle as Ali's been.

June 29, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Belle Clark

Lisa, tell me you do not seriously believe any of this is real? Because if you do you definately need to get a life! good luck...

June 29, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. jjdecor

I thought it was hillarious! and the previews for future episodes looks like Frank is going to flake out as well he's a little too "mousy" in my opinion. I can't imagine anyone with even half a brain goes on these shows realistically looking for "true love" so the stupidity of it all is entertaining and quite laughable. I just wonder what kind of "career" these people have that they can just take off for 3 months??? Do any of them have real jobs? Ali said last night she gave up her job AND her apartment??? WT??? She must be hoping for a career in the 'entertainment' industry like Melissa Rycroft? to support herself when this is over.

June 29, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  24. Cathy

Soooooooo predictable.....It's almost as if the show deliberately plants a "bad seed" in the bunch each season – one with some dastardly plot to use the show for his (or her) career advancement. Loved Jimmy Kimmel last night when he counted how many times the word "Amazing" is used in each episode of the show!!! Oh what a teaser - Jake and Vienna back for a visit next week -– be still my heart.

June 29, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  25. Terry

He was not even man enough to defend himself –what a whimp,running off like a child. He wasted her time,he'll never make it "big" because he is so small as a man(as far as honesty & intergriety)

June 29, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |