June 29th, 2010

Jessica Simpson is a weekend vegan

For the latest chapter in the saga of "Jessica Simpson and her weight debate," we turn to the East - as in, Eastern medicinal teas and healing.

Eyebrows were raised over the weekend when the soon-to-be-30 singer tweeted, “Shocked my system with a vegan diet, special Pu-erh tea from China, and cupping since friday!"

“Who am I right now?” Simpson added. “This might be too clean!”

Although some believe Pu-erh tea can assist with weight loss, Simpson was adamant that she wasn't sipping the Chinese brew to shed pounds.

“Just so everyone is clear.. this has NOTHING to do with weight! It is about understanding my body through hydration and alkalinity,” the singer tweeted, according to Us Weekly.

Master Wang, creator of the Total Vitality program, is the healer Simpson worked with.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. guitar lessons

Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

April 5, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. it support dc

Witty! I'm bookmarking you site for future use.

August 8, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Scott Burns

i will personally be responsible for destroying Jessice Simpson's career. It starts here. And I will not stop until that end is done. Her agent: please take note i will destroy her. Sorry. Find another loser to latch onto to..

November 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jay Hunt

i am a proud Veggan and it keeps me fit and healthy"..

October 6, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. John Smith

Good luck Jess, it's your time.
    Interesting things about Simpson http://magazine.joomag.com/Jessica_Simpson/4127

July 7, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Wellhunglee

I'd love to cup her.. and a few other things..

July 6, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. onelinerix

boy, she sure compensates over the weekdays (old jungle saying: u cant blow up a hot air balloon without air)

June 30, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. Michelle

What does she mean when she says "cupping"? If she means spilling out of her bra I don't doubt it.

June 30, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. SCarlet01

big deal, why is this on headline news? anyways....woooo a vegan for 2 days...try the rest of your life

June 29, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dds

what is a vegan ? what are the rules ? what can you / can't you eat ?

June 29, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boka

THere is this little thing called the world wide web. You type in Vegan and you get an answer. Idiots!

June 30, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. 5t1v

Great!! Maybe Jessica Simpson can get together with the execs from BP and tell them how to plug the hole!

June 29, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. WhatEver

Who gives a squat what this moron eats. Small brain. Plastic face. Stupid laugh.

June 29, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Maty

Jessica Simpson is a weekend virgin? How is that possible and where do I sign up?

June 29, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Simon

Don't care what she eats, She is still very dam hot in my eyes.

June 29, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. DavidReddy

She is full of ugly freckles. Makeup makes her face look like a plastic white wall.

June 29, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Nikki

That chicks's cousins have some serious thyroid issues!

June 29, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Susan - Canada

@ Tracy – "My niece and nephew are vegans....you would think that they would be slim but they are a couple of fat pigs!"

Correct me if I'm wrong...the difference between being a vegetarian or a vegan is dairy?? Vegetarians consume dairy and I believe vegans don't. Most people I know who are vegetarians or vegans are slim and are very careful what they put into their bodies. But, on the other hand, I'm sure a lot of vegans (especially kids) eat junk food that has no dairy, such as chips, popcorn, soda, etc., and that is probably what they are doing. I apologize if I'm mistaken in my assumption, so please don't beat up on me!

June 29, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Moo

I just had a 30oz T-bone.

June 29, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rico

Jess has the whole package, pretty face, nice body, exceptional rack. She is just what I'm looking for.

June 29, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Boka

There is stupid and then there is down right retarded. I have no respect for people who disrepect their own bodies by becoming vegan.

June 29, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • lykkelig

Yeah, I'm sure your body just loves all that cholesterol, saturated fat, and growth hormones that you're ingesting when you eat a steak.

Also – calling being a vegan (or anything, for that matter) "retarded" is just offensive and shows a general lack of respect for those with disabilities.

June 29, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Elaine

Hope she goes all the way and becomes vegan 7 days a week :)

June 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. lisa

Vegans can totally be fat- vegan food often has coconut milk, coconut butter, and ground nuts in it. Vegan food is delicious, but its just as easy, if not easier, to consume lots of calories as a vegan.

June 29, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jimbo

I just hope that idiot diet doesn't have detrimental effects on her awesome rack!!!

June 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Clayton

Now if only she would brush her teeth twice a day........

June 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Hustle

I have a wang for her to try out. It's not vegan though.

June 29, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  26. linda

So what if' she's a weekend vegan. She's still a dumb blonde bimbo!

June 29, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. bill

I'd give her some sausage.

June 29, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  28. FatCheeks!

She's really gone downhill. She should be ashamed of the way she looks.

June 29, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mack

Please, she's still eating all my meat. Extra doses Saturday night.

June 29, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mark nyc

she is a has-been celebrity who is desperate for any sort of press. now taking bets on how long before she either gets a DUI and rushes off to rehab or decides to starting boning girls. whatever it takes to keep the media's attention, right jess?.

June 29, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. lollercakes

LMAO...she is taking vegan instruction from Master WANG!!!

June 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  32. mark nyc

a weekend vegan but everyday dumba$$

June 29, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Mary J.

Ok, thats great, but when will she start brushing her teeth on a daily basis? She said that she doesn't like them to feel too slippery so she only brushes like 3 to 4 times a week! Ewwwwww people!!!!!

June 29, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jeff

Why must we hear about Vegans, yeah so what you guys don't eat meat. When you die early from brittle bones or something doctors have not figured out yet I will still be around eating meat.

June 29, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • garc

"something doctors have not figured out yet" is the key there. Cholesterol–they've got a handle on that one. Overweight–yeah, they know about that. Heart attacks, diabetes, etc., brought on from or contributed to by heavy animal fat, lard, etc.–well, doctors have noticed those too. So I think I'll risk "brittle bones or something."

June 29, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

You act like people who eat meat are all overweight and unhealthy.

June 29, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Sheri

Wow. I have never seen such a list of cruel comments at someone in my life. She is a human being, people. What a bunch of bullies! You all disgust me.

June 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Nothing wrong with Jessica, sure she gets a bum rap but she has that southern girl figure that most of us men like.

June 29, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark nyc

June 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

She is a human being? More like a blow-up doll masquerading as one. To be a human being requires the possession of a functioning brain.

June 29, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. AGeek

YAY! More vegans = more meat for me!!

June 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Veganman

This "fair weather" Veganism is actually an insult to the movement. Why not remove animal derived products from your life EVERYDAY? I've been Vegan for 12 years and I love it! Low cholesterol, Low BMI, Low total body fat, win, win, win!

There are fat Vegans out there, they don't know how or care enough to eat properly. Just because Ruffles and Oreos are Vegan, doesn't mean you need to live off them. LOL!

MR: Vegans don't use, buy, consume, or wear anything that is animal derived. That means no meat, dairy, eggs, honey, leather, Dial soap (Made with cow fat), you get the idea.

It involves a lot of label reading that most Americans are too lazy or ignorant to do. Once you know what terms to look for, you'll realize there's animals in almost everything American's buy. Milk powder in hummus to beef fat in soap, it's everywhere.

June 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • about oreos...

Aren't those made from lard?

June 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • AGeek

if there's milk powder in your hummus, it's crap. find a better brand or make it yourself!

June 29, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

I have low cholesterol, low BMI, low blood pressure, and I am other wise veryhealthy. It's called exercise. I eat red meat, fish, chicken even pork. I also run lift weights and bike. Being veganm would suck, there is no need for me to give up a good steak or ice cream.

June 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

"the movement".................LMAO! Ok guy...........here's a celely stick, quit whining!

June 29, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • garc

Well, Joe, there's one reason–it's kinda disgusting to eat animal corpses.

June 29, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

No less digusting than eating vegatable corpses. You don't eat meat. Ok whatever. I have incisors and molars, pretty much tells me we are supposed to be omnivores. I eat a very wide ranging diet. I am happy and healthy. Eating dead animals does not bother me a bit. If you can get what you need to stay healthy without doing that good for you. Can't wait for my flounder to be done, so I can enjoy a good animal corpse. I respect people who don't eat meat, but don't give me that bleeding heart crap about animal corpses. It's called the food chain for a reason. Fortunately I'm pretty much at the top of it.

June 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maty

The only thing I really can't stand about vegans is the fact that it's a pain in the ass to go out to dinner with them!

June 29, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MR

What does a Vegan mean?

June 29, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • hate-sucks

No animal products of any kind

June 29, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

They consume no dairy, whereas vegetarians do eat dairy....at least I think so. If I'm wrong, please people don't jump all over me!

June 29, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  39. alumette

Week-end vegan? I guess it's better than stuffing yourself with meat 7 days a week....it's also a little bit like being ethical part of the time and the rest, you don't give a damn. I am not surprised from such a comment from Simpson. Anything goes in her "pretty little head"....but nothing really "heavy".

June 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sean

Why is this on CNN's top stories? Who cares, this is not news, I'm so sick of people making a big deal over famous people, its a waste of time. THIS IS NOT NEWS!!!!!

June 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • right...

Yet you made a big deal over this "not being news." Hmmm...

June 29, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • clayton

It was under the "ENTERTAINMENT" section on the front page. Stop being an idiot and click on the article just to complain about it.

Go read the real news and complain some more.

June 29, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Kirk

Vegans suck, but I'd like to put my carrot in her if you know what I mean.

June 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  42. DS

And yet, ANOTHER forum, where people criticize spelling and grammar! My God people, have you nothing better to do with your day, than correct spelling errors?

June 29, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • hah

same can be said for people, including me, who spend their day on the marquee blog commenting in the first place.

June 29, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Well, sometimes that's what elementary school teachers are supposed to do.

June 29, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  43. havoc

Hydration and alkalinity.......try an Alka Seltzer genius.

June 29, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ballz

dang shes cute – that has got to be a fun ride

June 29, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Fox Phile

To be honest, I just don't care about anything Jessica Simpson does. This is the most irrelevant piece of information I can imagine.

June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Wango Tango

I love Jessica Simson.

June 29, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  47. david

give me a break.is there nothing more important,going on,in the world,then worrying about jessicas weight.do you have any idea,how many women,would love to have here body?get a life!

June 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • run on nightmare!

There's no point for you to insert commas into your comment if you're not going to use them correctly.

June 29, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Edaxlaner

What??? Vegan my rear!! Puerrh?? Hasn't anyone ever watched Dragon Ball? She's drinking the flying cat!!! hahahaha.

June 29, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jack W

Good idea. Compare this article to the one about the rise in obesity on the same front page of CNN.com. Maybe if more people did things like this, Americans wouldn't be so fat as a people. My wife and I, as well as several of our friends, have become weekday vegitarians. We've all lost weight, had more energy, and saved time because most vegitarian dishes take less time to prepare than meat based meals. We still have steaks and other meat on the weekends, both as a treat and to keep our diet balanced.

June 29, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. neighter

Hey Jessica. Eat meat.

June 29, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Keith C

That tea is known for its similarity to coffee...helping coffee drinkers switch to a healthier caffeinated drink.

June 29, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jeff

This woman has serious mental issues.

June 29, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  53. JSimp

I'm wicked glad she's working with Master Wang.

June 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bob

Why is this news? I'm sorry, but for those folks for whom this makes a bit of difference, you don't need to get a life, you've already wasted it.

June 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jen

Because it's Entertaiment news, and she's a celebrity, like it or not. It matters to you so little that you actually spent time leaving a comment?

June 29, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pot meet Kettle

So, Bob... what are YOU doing here? Seems like you wasted your life as well.

June 29, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

When this actually made "Headline" news, I was disgusted and clicked the link to leave the comment. Never wasted the time to read this drivel.

June 29, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob = Fail

Yeah, so leaving two comments over an hour apart really says things about you... one of which being that you obviously are wasting your life as well. You cared enough indirectly to respond to responses.

June 29, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

Still haven't read the article. Never will. The genuinely entertaining aspect of this are the lames responses from you and others. The CNN editors who DARED put this as front page Headline news should be shot, and you just move along with your vapid life.

June 29, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Wait a second... so Bob here thinks people need to move on with their lives... yet he's already posted THREE times on one string of comments... sounds like someone is living in denial. There's nothing lame about these other responses, Bob. The fact that you sit at your computer waiting for another person to comment on how stupid your comments are just so you can respond to them really shows how much free time you have on your hands. Talking about vapid lives... your life must really be something else, eh? I held back from commenting, but this is just too darn easy.

I like people like you, Bob... stubborn till the very end. Seems to me the issue here is more about your inability to move on from an article you deem to be "pointless." Sure, you may not have read the article and feel that CNN is giving this too much publicity... but it's people like you who leave comments (regardless of what you say) that contribute to the traffic generated by this article. If you want less of this crap, DON'T VISIT THE ARTICLE. It also doesn't help that you feel the need to respond to every comment against you.

I've done this before as well, but at least I am willing to admit I have the free time... or make it rather. When are you going to let go of your pride and commit to the truth?

June 29, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Master Wang

Bob cares.

June 29, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pot meet Kettle

Yeah, our responses are "lame" because they don't meet your standards of "correctness"... which in my opinion are as valid as a Visa past its expiration date.

I'm quite surprised someone actually spent the time to write all that just to make a point clear (@ lol)... not worth it. We all know Bob is an idiot. He's right, we should move on... let him bathe in his hypocrisy.

June 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

lol... thanks for proving my point. Ta ta, toots. ("Hypocrit" is leaving the forum)

June 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

Actually, Bob, you proved your own point. You are the one who needs a life and hasn't contributed a solid response. You should've "left the forum" three hours ago.

June 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  55. clammer

I still like the comment 'I thought chicken of the sea was chicken?????
    Wonder if thats on her diet???

June 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  56. LOLA

"Weekend Vegan" is an insult to committed vegans and/or vegetarians. It's amazing how many people call themselves vegans or vegetarians but then eat meat, chicken or fish. Weekend vegan is an oxymoron – hehe. moron – just like Jessica Simpson

June 29, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • C

this is actually a COMPLIMENT to vegans and vegetarians. ever hear "every little bit counts" – having a celebrity like her speak out about the benefits of a vegan diet (whether its every day or just a few days) is a HUGE step for our society and hopefully influences others to do the same!

June 29, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jen

It's a good idea to go meatless a few days a week- good for your body and for the environment, more people should follow suit.

June 29, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

I agree that celebs speaking out in any way of being vegan or vegetarian is good, it could be a starting point for her or others that find out about eating this way all the time. It could help

June 29, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Karen

She never went to high school. Her parents pimped her out for cash instead.

June 29, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • wyatt

Seems she didn't need it if she didn't go. She's obviously been quite successful without it.

June 29, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  58. asd90

She may be a weekend vegan but she is definitely an everyday idiot.

June 29, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  59. Jessica

I think Jessica Simpson is gorgeous, and she is a normal sized woman. Who cares if she's not tiny like most celebrities. But, she is a flake. :)

June 29, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

who ever said " how is that comment news?'" is totally right. We really don't care what Jessica Simpson does or does not do and why. Her singing career is history. She has no real sustaining talent and would even do poorly in a reality show. Go back to school girl and get a real job...nursery school teacher?

June 29, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ alumette

I don't like Jessica Simpson, but to be honest, once you post something here it shows you have some level of care.

People like to argue that it's not because they care that they are here but rather that they find these articles pointless... well guess what? Apparently CNN doesn't care about your opinion. They post what they want... when they want. I suggest if you have a problem ignore these articles you deem "pointless" and stick to the ones you would rather look at. Or, better yet, you could go to another news site altogether. Regardless, quit complaining and live with it.

June 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Mrs. Fisher

So, what happened to her "Real Girls Eat Meat?" I'd think that's especially true on weekends!

June 29, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  61. suz

LOL... Master Wang.

June 29, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  62. brad1001

I'm glad to get these updates on Jess and Tori. Important stuff. Thanks CNN

June 29, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  63. CATom

Seriously she needs to be puched in the face

June 29, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  64. The Burninator

That's like saying I am only a weekend drunk becuase I only drink booze Friday night through Sunday night!!!! ::rolls eyes::

June 29, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  65. laurab68

Sweet girl, but she is either a really ditzy blond, or she just plays it extreemly well.
    Jessica, do yourself the biggest favor to yourself. Get out of the limelight and go back to school and get yourself a good backup plan for your future. No offence, being thin or overweight according to Hollywood standards, your looks will not last forever, and being a ditzy 40, 50 & 60 year old isn't going to get you very far. Once your parents pass away, someone will come along and conn you out of everything you own. If you are not as much of a simpleton as you appear, get a solid financial advisor, invest what you have financially, leave hollywood or Nashville and get a degree that you can make a solid living with cause lets face it, your singing is not that great and neither is your career. I don't say this to be mean, but the ditzy image is killing your career as well as your future endevours in show business. If all you are going to be known for is T & A (boobs & butt) how do you expect to be taken as a serious singer??

June 29, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Seriously, do you people not realize that she's the one who's getting the last laugh? You mean people can hate on her all you want (I'm not a fan, but I am defending her because people are unfairly harsh to her), but she's got makeup, a hugely successful shoe line, and is coming out with an affordable jeans line soon. You all can pick on her and call her stupid all day long, but guess what – she's not.

June 29, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Adam

Oh brother, , this whole alkalinity thing is total pig swill.

Your body takes care of the acidity and alkalinity of anything entering it. Your stomach is highly acidic to start digestion and neutralize any alkalinity... then things pass into the intestine and your body adds bile, a base, which neutralizes any acidity leaving things at the right pH for your body. This whole "alkalinity" craze is alt med mumbo jumbo to make a quick buck off people who refuse to do just the slightest bit of research into the physical realities of the world they live in.

June 29, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • learn chemistry

Before you make such a stupid post, you should gather information on the difference between acids, bases and digestive juices. I'm a MD. I know the difference.

June 29, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heather

Adam, I think you need to do a little research before you start shooting off at the mouth about stuff you think you know but clearly don't have a clue. It is extremely important to control the pH of your body. By controlling the pH of your body (you do this by eating a well balanced diet) you are able to refrain from many ailments that have surfaced among individuals all over the world. I am a true believer of eating well, organically, and living a whole balanced life. I am 100% believer in alternative medicine. Alternative medicine helps bring the body back into balance so it can function the way it is supposed to. I used to be a skeptic but then alternative medicine healed me. Without alternative medicine and acupunture I wouldn't be a mother so don't tell me it's a load of crap.

June 29, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Interesting...

She was taught by a Master Wang... hahaha.

June 29, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  68. Kit

What is this doing under the heading Latest NEWS?

June 29, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  69. Sue

Why is this front page news on CNN???? Must be a VERY slow news day! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

June 29, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Duh

Scroll to the top of the page and what word do you see? E N T E R T A I N M E N T. That is what this is: entertainment news. It's entertaining. There is plenty of "real" news about the Supreme Court nominee, the oil spill, conflict in Israel. If that's what you want, shut up and go read that.

June 29, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Tom, Long Beach, California

not really news and her ignorance contiues to amaze though....

June 29, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  71. Christine

I would never follow a diet developed by a guy named Master Wang...

June 29, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • lance corporal

my girl goes on the wang diet every weekend

June 29, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danielle

JESSICA go back to eat more" chicken of the Sea "or "buffalo wings"....,Remember she asked Nick if it was chicken or fish....and them she asked if buffalo flies ...? DID SHE FINISH HIGH SCHOOL...? if so...what school was that and how they graduate such moron....!

June 29, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jack

and she's an all week lard a$$.

June 29, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  73. Chris

She's also a weekDAY moron.

June 29, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  74. Betty

Love the Vegan idea Jess, too bad this what your career has come too, just go home to Texas (or wherever your from)let yourself go, get fat have a kid and just disapear, k?

June 29, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Wow Betty

You must be miserable to leave such a nasty comment. Get a life!

June 29, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • who cares

She doesn't need to disappear... you do.

June 29, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Mee Too!

Yes, Betty, hit the road, this world's problems is b/c of people like you! Bye!

June 29, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • To Betty

You need to go back to school and learn punctuation and spelling. How do you get by? If you're (you are) going to post, try and keep the typos in check.

June 29, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • justcommenting

I agree with Betty. I don't know why there are news about that woman and why she is making the money she makes. She is a flake that has been hanging around in the media way past her five minutes of fame.

June 29, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • From a red state!!

Betty...you must be ugly.

June 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Betty – you clearly don't go to the malls. Her shoes are HUGELY popular with females (I'm not a fan, but I know many woman/girls who are). She also has handbags, and is coming out with a jean line. Say what you want about her singing career – but she's making things that are clearly in demand, and she's laughing in all of our faces .... all the way to the bank!

June 29, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • billy bob thorton

best. comment. ever

June 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty's Body Guard

to Wow Betty, Who Cares, Mee Too!, To Betty, From a red state:.............. Shut the F@c& up! You are all plain retarded and probably fat and ugly to boot. Go eat your bon bons somewhere else.

June 29, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • DANIELLE

Betty is right on target...Jessica will never be a singer or anybody in the beautiful people business ...The way she looks now...WHAT happened to that beautiful woman you're once was...?

June 29, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Alfred E Newman

Do whatever you have to do to get back in to your Daisy Dukes!!!!!

June 29, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • J

Nice... Real nice. Is that all women are to you?

June 29, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • O2BinCLT

Not all women, but the ones who advertise themselves that way deserve nothing more.

June 29, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • BoNeS

I agree with Alfred. i'm hoping someday she'll pose for playboy

June 29, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • garc

And somehow American men keep wondering why American women are increasingly going for men with foreign accents...

June 29, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • lance corporal

no not ALL of what women are, intellect, spirit, energy too, but looking good in and being able to pull off some daisy dukes is a MAJOR plus, like you don't want me to have decent abs when I pull my shirt off? or look good in my bike shorts? get real and stop being offended over nothing

June 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bike Shorts

Lance – please leave the bike shorts for Mr Armstrong.....

June 29, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Noel Farkingweigh

@J Damn right, that's all women are, at least the ones that look good in short shorts!! Rest of em are best fully covered, say with a tarp. And for what it's worth, here's ho[ping Jess stays an omnivore. She looks just fine carrying a few more curves.

June 30, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • @Noel Farkingweigh

You're real educated, aren't you? Try thinking with your brain sometimes instead of that stick between your legs. There's more to women then you think. Hopefully you'll realize that one day. Or maybe it's too ingrained in your misogynist brain.

June 30, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  76. griffmills

who gives a crap....really

June 29, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  77. k

nice, I love to hear about people becoming Vegan

June 29, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I do too, since I am one myself

June 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

June 29, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

Tracy –
      How is that possible? If that's true, then they're cheating and not really vegans. What is fattening that they eat??

June 29, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • rachel

lol... to tracy, they are lying then because there is no way you can be vegan and fat.... vegeterian and fat, yes. i know some gross fat vegitarians but vegan? probably not

June 29, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • edj

Yay fellow vegans. Boo celebrity diet of the month club. "Too clean" – barf.

June 29, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • edj

No, it's easier and easier to be a fat vegan. Just buy processed junk food. Two fine examples: Tings and Daiya. Oh, and Tempt Hemp ice cream. Okay, and Uncle Eddie's Vegan Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookes. – Never tried 'em. :)

June 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay Gee

Is this even NEWSWORTHY? CNN.com has no Science section what so ever, yet a full "Spiritual Beliefs" and "Gay Rights" section, neither of which I'm against, but I'd like to read about the world, news, science and technology before I see in their "LATEST NEWS" snippet that Jessica Simpson tweeted she's tried a tea for the weekend!!! Are we to read about Mileys next bra before we cover Cryosat-2 and it's latest find?

I'm going to stick with BBC.co.uk for real news and leave the fluff-n-nutter and tea to CNN for now....which is sad, I've been a CNN fan since 1985!

June 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay Gee

I'll continue to find my real news on BBC.co.uk and NYTimes.com which is sad because I've been a fan of CNN since 1985!!
      Stop leaning towards infotainment and focus on NEWS and FACTS please!!

June 29, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • edj

No, this is not news. This is fluff. bbc has fluff too, but it's just not as prominent as it is here on the People Magazine of news we call CNN. I'm sure they just put up the kinds of things that the click counters tell them are popular. Sad really. Definitely stick to BBC for the 90% solution of news.

June 29, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • ginny

mmmmmmmmmmm...a big ol' FAT thick medium rare steak...

June 29, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Willow

The correct term for this type of diet is flexitarian. You are either a vegan or you aren't, it's not a 1/2 and 1/2 thing.

June 29, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • AmberRae

amanda–it is easy. us vegans dont just nibble on lettuce and carrots. there are NUMEROUS places that serve deliciously disgusting, fattening (did i say delicious?) vegan food. plenty. plus i can go to red robin and eat right along side you. lets also not forget the empty calories in a vegan vodka-cran.

....enough of that. jessica simpson is an idiot. there is no such thing as a "weekend vegan", just someone who is an omnivore and chose not to eat animal products for a couple days. hell, it could have been an accident.
      ANYWAYS-enough of me on my soap box, i like hearing about people being vegan as much as the next vegan....but...........well...........................whatever jessica. whatever.

June 29, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hungry Man

She might be a week-end vegan...but during the week she sure likes her pizza's, chips & Snickers. Mooooooooooo.
      A big hefer....as dumb as the box of Twinkies she had for breakfast.

June 29, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

Actually who cares whether Jessica Simpson is on a vegan diet or what the heck she eats! There is more important things happening in the world like the oil spill to give a hoot about the girl. Oh where are our priorities.

June 30, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • RB

now i can sleep at night

June 30, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |