June 28th, 2010

So about that 'True Blood' sex scene...

Editor’s Note: This post contains spoilers for the June 27 episode of HBO’s “True Blood.”

“True Blood” fans typically can withstand copious amounts of blood, gore and sex – the three chief ingredients that mesh so wonderfully in Alan Ball’s HBO series. But last night’s sex scene between Bill Compton and Lorena – his obsessive vampire “maker” - seems to have shocked some of the most immovable.

Bill, enraged after agreeing to stay away from his beloved Sookie in order to keep her safe, grabs Lorena’s head during a bout of angry intercourse and then gives it a grotesque spin before continuing to do the deed as she smiles eerily.

Some fans weren’t expecting Sookie’s vampire beau to have such a truly dark side. Stephen Moyer’s Bill has always struggled to cling to his humanity, even as some of his fellow vamps embrace every twisted aspect of their undead nature.

Even Lorena actress Mariana Klaveno  said she was flabbergasted when she read the episode’s script.

The scene “was actually the most shocking thing that I've ever read in a television script," Klaveno told E!. “My jaw dropped on the floor when I read it and thought, 'Oh my god, I actually have to do that?’ "

The producers instructed the actress to “ ‘pray that your parents will be okay when they watch this episode. They may not want to,’ ” the actress said. “It was a little uncomfortable, but we got through it."

The L.A. Times called the episode-ending image one of the most disturbing scenes they’ve ever seen on TV, and it’s left other reviewers wondering if Bill can bounce back as a sympathetic character.

“It's no wonder that Bill hates Lorena so much, but even with all the terrible things she's done, it's hard to justify his... er... actions towards her in the bedroom,” MTV noted.

So has that scene left you scarred for life, or are you hoping that "True Blood" will find a way to top it?

Filed under: Stephen Moyer • television • True Blood

1. Ms Meow

OMG! The Pam and Bill scenes were hysterical! Excorcist meets Sapphos, vampire style! That's why is called HBO. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!!!! Hello people! LOL , Hey Alan Ball, Please bring back MaryAnne!
    She was very delicious and fun to watch! Maybe her twin sister comes back to revenge her death!
    Huh, how about that storyline!

July 2, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. RCobb

Geez. That was an OVER THE TOP, CHEESY SCENE. It was so bizarre that it bordered on laughable.

June 30, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. DAL

In the books, since Lorena is Bill's maker - he is compelled to do as she tells him to.... I took from the scene that since she told him to 'make love' to her–he had to do it & had no other choice-but it took all his mental power-to not look at her in the process.... so even though he had to have intercourse with her-he twisted her head so that he wouldn't have to look at her... his own way of rebelling if you will...

June 30, 2010 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ted Leski

Off the hook.

Can't wait 2 whole weeks. OMG!!!

Lorena&Bill

-ted

June 29, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Soly

I thought he was gonna rip her head off as another means to kill a vampire but apparently thats not the case. I didn't really find a reason for the head turning. He could have just roughed her up the traditional way (smack, punch, whatever) if thats what the scene was aiming for, it would have delivered a more accurate display of the underlying emotions.

June 29, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tina

I love True Blood,,,,,,, come on people its just a show, but i love it!

June 29, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jim T

That scene was over the top and a bit too disturbing for my taste. I will not watch again. Well at least till the next episode! LOL! I did expect the head to come off tho.

And his pants never came off. And he was stradling her leg. I guess bill has a long..........

June 29, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff

I just figured Bill hated her so much that when he did her he did not want to see her face, it did look kind of cheesy but hey its all for entertainment.

I love True blood but I prefer the Ann Rice books (not the movies) for vampire lore, when your dead it don't rise!

June 29, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hustle

Why do you guys want the series to follow the books so badly? So we would already know what's going to happen? I am glad it is different, even though they seem to be exploring the possibility of Eric and Sookie.

June 29, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. East Ghost Com

Wonder what would have happened had Bill ripped Lorena's head off... Would the head have grown back on the body, something like happened to the gizmo-salesman in Men In Black? Or would her body have grown back down from her head? Any vampire experts care to weigh in?

June 29, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Meg

Adults should watch kids shows. C'mon, don't play like you don't sneak a peek at Saturday morning cartoons.

June 29, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. East Ghost

It was as if Bill hit the demon-possessed girl from The Exorcist, except Lorena's not a teen, and what she spewed -along with a "thank you, Bill" – was red not green goo. Bad taste. Who is this guy Alan Ball, anyway? What are his motives? Why does HBO push limits of weirdness in everything, all their shows? What is the agenda?

June 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dodie

Read the books people! This is one of the beefs I have with True Blood. They use the concepts regarding vampires from the books, but don't often explain them, i.e., their absolute servitude to their makers, of what they are capable – their dark side (even if they are trying to mainstream), etc. Unless Alan Ball does a complete 180 (which God knows he's done several times so far), Bill will NOT remain a completely sympathetic character anyway.

June 29, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hustle

I have read all the books. Bill's character though is not going to hold true to the books though and Alan Ball has already stated that. I am glad too because then I would already know what's going to happen.

June 29, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. phan

June 29, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. phan

lorena, pam, eric, layfette, jessica all have great characters... sookie and tara's characters are clearly the two worst and most annoying. wish we got to see more of godric teaching eric the ways and eric with the vikings.. hoping for a serious flashback

June 29, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sarcasmo

I watched it three times. The last two times with my pants off!

June 29, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Vivian

It was a twist I wasn't expecting (and I've read all the books), it was interesting had me saying, 'Oh my god' a loud. Was I shocked? For about 3 minutes and then I was over it. It's not Twilight, it's vampires as something dark and creepy with human like features, I think at times you nearly forget that Bill is a 'monster' but then they manage to remind us with crazy creepy head twisting.

June 29, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. FRAN

"Some fans weren’t expecting Sookie’s vampire beau to have such a truly dark side." Hello he is a Vampire let's not forget that even though he has a sympatheic human side to him he is a vampire non the less. I love this series but i have to say i really wish they had casted someone other than Anna Paquin to play Sookie she just really ruins the show for me. with her awful acting skills. But since the rest of the cast is so awesome she can be overlooked as far as i am concerned. LOVE LOVE Eric's character he has become my favorite in the show!

June 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. John

Honestly, while I think the scene itself could have carried a lot of emotional impact, the 'twist' at the end (pardon the pun) just came across as... well... dumb. It was so bad, that I just couldn't help but shake my head, and say "really, guys? really?" It was an unnecessary effect that completely dispelled the scene for me. I'm hoping this scene won't be looked back upon as the turning point where True Blood jumped the shark.

June 29, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Drinker

I have read the books and HBO should be following them more because this show has gotten so bad! The 2nd season blew, I'm hoping this season will be better!

June 29, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  21. brad

what's funny is.. I wonder if these were male Kid actors doing these grotesque things with each other and humans.. would 40something women still go crazy as twi-hards do? cause ya know damn well, if it were 40something men going crazy over teen females, they'd be bashed in the news, media, and considered pedophiles.. guess the double standard does exist.. this season ROCKS, cant wait for more..and I got duped into seeing first twilight movie (looked like it was done by high schoolers on a shoestring budget) 2nd one was even worse, but the transformation/fight scenes were good, but I wont dare to watch the third one.. I'll ljust watch the immature mature women on tv talk about it instead..

June 29, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jimintexas

Did anyone else see this as an act of aggession, degradation towards females? I saw clip on an entertainment show last night. Just because there's a willing partner does mean it's ok.

June 29, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. phan

Lorena is the best character on the show. Wish we'd see more and more of her.. the scene wasnt disturbing but what needed to be done to show the audience that Bill's not human and is capable of some pretty sick things. He hates Lorena so you'll see Bill's worst when they're together. Give us more Pam and Lorena..

June 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. eldjebena

you know it's a show about vampires, right? and things are not supposed to be real, etc... just saying. Lots of slow people here in the good ol' united state ...

June 29, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Moonchilde

Pssh I wasn't surprised at the actions or the show, its just that those characters seem so meh, All it did was turn one of the few characters that was still some what redeemable, into something that I don't feel is worthy of Sookie anymore. I don't think I will be watching it anymore, because it seemed more for the shock fact than any actual plot. So good luck with the series, hope the rest of you enjoy it, this is my sign off of good bye.

June 29, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Scuzeme WhileIkissthe sky

I thought it was great!! I think that should always be possible, turn that head around. That way, you can turn it back when your finished, and it's just like the first time! EEEEE-hah!

June 29, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  27. arkchix

It was like "Death becomes Her" the movie with Meryl Streep when she was tapped to fall down the steps and broke her neck and then got up with her neck twisted behind hahaha!!! twisted humor I loved it...

June 29, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  28. WingsGrrlYuma

I too thought this would have been about Pam. Now that was something!

June 29, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  29. Meg

I wasn't shocked. It's True Blood people! If this kind of stuff didn't happen it wouldn't be a dang good show. Plus, if you've read the books, some of the material in the show seems less than shocking compared to Harris' writing and plot twists. But, no, this is not a show for 12-year-olds. If you can't legally drink, you probably shouldn't be watching it.

June 29, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Foraninickle Iwill

Hmmm...somehow being of legal drinking age makes the show's scene's tolerable. Now that makes a lot of sense. Keep the kid from watching, but let them play plenty of shoot-em up video games, watch suggestive music videos, and wear outfits to school, which drive the other kids wild, but complain if their harrassed. Makes sense to me...NOT.

June 29, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jess

Disturbing? A little too corny and reminiscent of Beetlejuice to be disturbing. This was actually the first episode that disappointed me.

June 29, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  31. Mary

The scene did not disturb me as it is in context with the kind of relationship Bill and Lorena have had throughout their "lives" together. Their relationship has been centered around violent acts toward others and insensitive acts toward each other even if Lorena claims to love Bill. It is a love/hate thing all the way around. All the violence or other somewhat uncomfortable scenes sprinkled throughout each episode are also in line with the story. I also do not look for realism in any of the scenes as the show is totally based on a world and situations that do not exist.

June 29, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  32. Jim

I thought the scene was largely forgettable, except for the part where the head turns. What would have really been hot would have been Eric and Bill getting it on that way.

June 29, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  33. cain

Loved it, he was truly showing his displeasure w/her... as bizarre as the scene was, it falls right in place w/True Blood lore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 29, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  34. Enatural

I wasn't offended. I was hoping he would rip her head off. The scene made me feel even more sorry for Bill. She is obviously never going to leave him alone.

June 29, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  35. Rob

Dummy reviwers. He had to love her and he couldn't stand to look at her face so he did what he had to. She liked it so wha's the big deal?

June 29, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  36. Alex

The only thing that shocks me is everyone loves True Blood, it's a critic's darling, it's considered "must-see TV", but they can get away with murder. Yet when someone says or does anything even remotely out-of-place on network TV many of these same people go into hysterics and call for government clamp-downs.

June 29, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  37. CarDan

I'm more shocked that Bill would cheat on Sookie two days after being vampnapped! Guess he doesn't hate Lorena as much as he claims ...

June 29, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  38. mejazzbo

A characteristic of this show is to one-up itself as often as possible. TRUE BLOOD is beginning its season. If this scene is the tip of the iceberg, I can't wait to see what's lurking beneath the surface.

June 29, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  39. Brian

I don't understand the appeal of this show. The writing is mediocre and some of the acting is downright awful (Anna Paquin especially). I'm surprised HBO even picked this show up.

June 29, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  40. kyle

It was a hate F%#&. I found it not that big a deal. You people are shocked at everything if this is disturbing you that much.

June 29, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  41. Marta

Bill didn't ripped her head off... because Sookie it's the one who's going to kill Lorena for good!!!!! I loved the episode and I love the show...

June 29, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  42. LongPlay

The next person to make a "It was so twisted (pun intended, hehe)" comment should be fed to Quinn, if he ever shows up.

June 29, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  43. BarlaC

I was shocked but laughing. That scene was totally unexpected. I am a huge True Blood fan but a bigger Southern Vampire Series fan.
    If your scarred for life then you shouldn't have been watching this show to begin with. I've seen way worse on this show before this scene. Go watch the Wiggles or something if your offended. It's HBO. That should tell you all you need to know. Expect anything.

June 29, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  44. Don't knock others

For all you guys knocking on twilight and other vampire movies saying thatthey know nothing about vampires, here is a little something true blood leaves out, vampires are in a never ending battle with lycan's, even though yes the twilight fails to mention yet that they are not actually lycan's, but shapeshifters. In all sense they are all fake, so you can't base them on what they are supposed to be, I am not saying anything bad about trueblood because i have never saw the show (missed the first season so i don't want to be lost)but don't knock others for liking what they watch, we're all different.

June 29, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  45. KingDong

If this scene was shocking, then people haven't been watching HBO ..(or TV for that matter) for the last 20 years....

June 29, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  46. siranda2010

Absolutely wicked! LOL It actually took me a second to absorb what was happening. As for the books paralleling the series, as in movies or other series based on books, they can't possibly include every character, scenario or thought so they sometimes combine, add, or delete characters or plot.

June 29, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  47. moe

Gay... gay... gay.

June 29, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  48. cole06

It didn't offend me at all. I actually thought it was funny and cheesy, at the same time... lol. I don't think this will hurt the show or Bill's character. If it does, then I will be surprised! It is TV, not reality. And, did I read in the story that it was the most disturbing thing on TV for the viewer??? What!!! You must NEVER watch TV.

June 29, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  49. Um Nope

Actually that scene just looked goofy and left me feeling embarrassed for the show. It looked totally fake, plus how could she continue speaking so clearly with her windpipe all twisted around, presumably closed up?

June 29, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • siranda2010

How could she heal in less than a minute after she caught fire? How could Eric take a bullet in the chest and be walking around a few seconds later? They're not real, LOL

June 29, 2010 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  50. Jake

I dont think this was really about his sympathetic side but how Sookie was such an important tie to his "humanity". When he said he would never see her again, that was his last tie to sanity. By showing the scene about his wife and kids and how the only way to love a human is to never see them it shows that Lorena is right again with Sookie and he's furious because he understands he'll never see his fiance again.

June 29, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  51. Tracey

I love Alan Ball and his courage to show the darker side of the Vamps. I am truly a Vampire fan and have been reading books about them since I was 14 (now 47) there is a dark side to all life forms..... I thought it was awesome and only Alan Ball could bring it there!!!

June 29, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  52. KS

What's the big deal? Bill and Lorena were just trying the missionary doggy style position.

June 29, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  53. N

I'm not sure what the shock value was? So he twisted her neck? Scenes in this show are nothing compared to what you see in Spartacus. Go watch a few episodes of that. Both are great shows!!

June 29, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  54. tanya

If you ever read the books, Bill isn't always the nicest guy. So this scene to me was perfect. It shows the sick twisted relationship that he has with his maker. Also, it shows why he tried to stay away from her. He's attracted to her because she's his maker but yet he doesn't want to look at her face when he's doing the dirty deed. It's a very powerful way to show just how sick their relationship is

June 29, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  55. dcved1

if you think that they did something way over the top on the show then read the books.

June 29, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  56. Andrew

Wow. That last seen was ok. I was more intrigued by the scene with Sam and Bill. That was smokin'. "

June 29, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  57. truthfulster

I must have a screw loose because I can only wish I'm 12 all over again and I love True Blood. I also loved that scene. It made me laugh and left me in shock for just a second or two. I can't ask for anything else in a TV or movie scene. Between True Blood and Spartacus I'm in replay heaven.

June 29, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  58. Liz

I just thought it was completely ridiculous. I've enjoyed the show so far, but this was just stupid. How can you watch that and not immediately think of Death Becomes Her? I wasn't shocked or offended, nor did I laugh my way through it, I just rolled my eyes. It was corny and just plain weird. I dread to think how they're going to 'top' this.

June 29, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  59. hhm

@Val
    You should be on a watch-list somewhere.

June 29, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  60. EDW

I agree the show has left the books somewhat but if you have read the books then you know Bill wasn't the sympathetic angel the writer of this article is making him out to be. Sookie finally sees him for what he is and that is a lying, manipulative, cruel vampire. He may have been Mister Rogers when he was human but he sure wasn't in death. As for the vampires are for 12yr olds comment all I can say is this ain't Twilight. I won't even watch this show with my 20yr old.

June 29, 2010 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  61. feasors

Wade N Ginger N Eastman Georgia

And one more thing Who in his right mind would have a screen name like the guy on here like (and I quote) ScrewGod??? MY friend you certainly have issues..And A television show about mythical creatures like vampires AINT IT!!!! I would be ashamed to even begin to want to post a name like that much less really do it...GOD has nothing to do with any of this stuff we are talking about here buddy... Or could you possibly be talking about the guy who thinks he's God on Nurse Jackie?? Now that I would perfectly understand,But if you are in ANY way referring to MY GOD Jesus Christ...Then I will Pray for you because you obviously need help. and I don't mean just a little bit..You really need some serious help. Our Lord Jesus Christ is all of our savior He's the reason the world turns around every day..The very reason the Sun rises and the moon shines bright..He is the reason the tides come in and go out.. He is with you every step that you take every minute of every day whether you love him or not..He loves you.. NAd that my friend is something you really need to sit and think about..and I would seriously consider a different screen name,Because It really offends me in the worst way possible...I know we all have our opinions,But opinions like that is one better kept under wraps. And I certainly don't think I am alone when I say what I have said in this entire Comment. If i have offended you in any way I can't really say im sorry because your screen name is just totally OFFENSIVE>>>
    *****************
    Wade – "Opinions like that is one better kept under wraps?" This is America, genius. And in America it is the most offensive speech that deserves protection. Telliing people that their opinions are better kept under wraps is Fascist at best. Don't like it? Don't read it. Read it and still don't like it? Maybe you should go to church and whine about it to your god. I'm sure she'll make you feel better.

June 29, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  62. feasors

rufus

Anyone who watches a TV show about vampires has to be 12 years old or younger or else have a screw loose.
    ******************************
    Reply-
    And anyone who doesn't watch a TV show about vampires but seeks out articles online and reads about the show he doesn't watch and then makes personal judgments about those who do on an anonymous blog - that takes a very special kind of A hole. Kudos rufus. Kudos.

June 29, 2010 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  63. Lisa

Vampire S&M? Unexpected. Freaky. What wierdness is next? Hmm.

June 29, 2010 at 5:55 am | Report abuse |
  64. Joey

I like this show because of the cheese factor. You are supposed to laugh. And nothing that has happened yet is 1/4 as gory as a Friday The 13th movie, that every teenager has seen on home video or HBO. Lighten up smothering mothers.

June 29, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  65. Wade N Ginger N Eastman Georgia

Matt who were you referring to as too seek therapy?

June 29, 2010 at 3:32 am | Report abuse |
  66. Wade N Ginger N Eastman Georgia

June 29, 2010 at 3:22 am | Report abuse |
    • chris

What's the difference between say the Sun God Apollo and your god you speak of?

June 29, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • feasors

"Opinions like that is one better kept under wraps?" This is America, genius. And in America it is the most offensive speech that deserves protection. Telliing people that their opinions are better kept under wraps is Fascist at best. Don't like it? Don't read it. Read it and still don't like it? Maybe you should go to church and whine about it to your god. I'm sure she'll make you feel better. Like it or not, just as you express your opinions about your god, people have a right to express their opinions about your god. Why do you feel your imaginary friend is off limits?

June 29, 2010 at 6:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesus is NOT God

Jesus is the supposed SON of God...NOT God. Get your bible out and read it. I do believe first Commandment is...

"And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me."
      So if you are going to call people out, then I call you out for having Jesus Christ as your God before God.
      Just sayin....
      **by the way....I am not religious....just a googler**

June 29, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brockalisk

For every soul you save, I will eat three.

June 29, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Cauchy

Be sympathic to be bill? NO WAY!!! TEAM ERIC

June 29, 2010 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  68. mark

wow you guys who are putting this out there for there children are the reason why the kids wanna kill by time there teens. its an adult show its night twilight or sum disney movie its on hbo the same hbo that has everything else that disturbs you so click toon disney on if your offended.

June 28, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Fred

Vampires are such trailer trash. You'll never see a Creature from the Black Lagoon participating in such desperate acts of sensationalism.

June 28, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  70. mhb

I would never expect a vampire to be a goody two shoes! This is a fictional drama for adults. If you don't like it don't watch. I find the BP oil spill more disgusting and outrageous.

June 28, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  71. QuietStormX

I had no issues with the seen or the whole episode. It's just interesting as to where this season is going.

June 28, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  72. AJ

All I wanna know is when do we get to see Bubba! And Alan, DON'T tell again it ain't happening. Just for ONCE talk to Priscilla .....

June 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cherri

Yay Bubba!!

June 29, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

Aww... I love Bubba and he is seriously missing from the show.

June 29, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Guess "Bubba" and "Priscilla" are from the books. I haven't read the books and just recently got into the show. Watched Seasons 1 and 2 On Demand just a week before Season 3 started. Is it worth reading the books? I read all the Twilight books and now when I watch the movies I see how much they changed or is missing and I just pick the movie apart. I love True Blood and I'm afraid now if I read the books I'll be disenchanted with the series.

June 29, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Jeepers

At first it was sort of hot...and then the fact that he was doing it with HER set in and then...he did THAT... We were a little disappointed with the ending at our house. It was disgusting.

June 28, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Will

Oh my goodness! We have a show centered around bloodthirsty, roothless creatures, and its fans get offended when those bloodthirsty roothless creatures act like... bloodthirsty roothless creatures!! That'll totally mess with their demographic audience of blossoming 12 year old girls who expect to run away with Count Dracula, because sucking blood is SOOOO hot.

June 28, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  75. jennypa

Well, BIll's character in the books pretty much falls by the wayside, so it may not matter whether he can regain his sympathetic state.

June 28, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Tim

It was totally disturbing!! It gave me a sick feelling but I kept watching anyway.

June 28, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Jim

not my favorite scene http://bit.ly/czmRSK

June 28, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  78. sledgehammer

that scene was awesome and funny at the same time!don't know why everybody is crapping kittens over it!

June 28, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  79. amy

If you have read the books, this would not surprise you. And can Bill become sympathetic again? If you read the books you would know that this is an ongoing issue. You ain't seen nothing yet.

June 28, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lori

It's not the same story as is told in the books. It's silly to compare them.

June 28, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Megan

I believe that Sookie will be getting it on with Eric very soon and I think he cares more about Sookie and is so much hotter then Bill. He might be arrogant but he does have a sensitive side

June 28, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Megan

True Blood just shows that it's for adults only and not for kids like Twilight is. It's very very nice to see that it's successful because Adults watch it and not kids

June 28, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  82. glc

I wished he had finished Lorena off. I do agree... it was necessary to show how Bills' desperation is getting the best of him. I love True Blood. You have to be able to suspend belief in order to appreciate it for what it is. Alan Ball is a genious.

June 28, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  83. anonymous

It was disturbing and grotesque. But it's necessary to show Bill's descent.

June 28, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • S

I respectfully disagree. There are plenty of other ways to make a character menacing.

June 29, 2010 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  84. TBFan

I was surprised when I saw it, slightly disturbed, but after a few minutes I thought, "Well, this is True Blood after all..." Plus it did look slightly cheesy with the pretzel-turned neck. It seems like something out of The Evil Dead (though I did think "Death Becomes Her" when I saw it initially). Maybe AB is a huge Sam Raimi fan. I don't know who wrote this blog, but I have yet to hear of anyone being scarred for life. I too was hoping (as her head was turning) that Bill was about to rip it off. But I suppose that would not help advance the plot.

Anyway, AB did say that we were going to see some crazy stuff this season. I 'm wondering if he has something else up his sleeve that will top that.

June 28, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Patti

Seriously.....the HBO series knows how to mess up the book series.....

June 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jurassic Mark

You've got to be kidding. The books were written for teens from the point of view of a snotty brat. At least Alan Ball and HBO are making the show for adults without including all the endless crap about Sookie's 80's era wardrobe or her lousy taste in music etc. Charlaine Harris, whilst creating some excellent characters really had no idea how to develop them. Also there are so many inconsistencies; she really ought to hire a continuity person – very frustrating writing style as well.

June 29, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Andy

Who cares... IT'S CABLE TV. They have the ability to do things like this. People said the same thing about Deadwood, and the use of the "F-word" and I loved that show. I am a fan of True Blood as well. And really the only peopel that are not shocked by this are people that have not read the books.

June 28, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Weho

Stop it everyone. I love this show and thought the scene was hot. How many times have you seen something like that? never! Give me more!!!

June 28, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  88. GM

Her neck looked like pretzel dough. It wasn't shocking, just a little bizarre.

June 28, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Wigwams GIrl

The series has veered very much off the path of the books... I don't know what to think of it really... It's definitely darker than the books, not that there wasn't darkness in the books, they were funnier at times. Also IMO the show lacks seriously in conveying the true character of the, for lack of a better word, characters. What they have added in developing the story lines of Tara, Jason, Lafayette and others has detracted from the inner monologues of Sookie and that has left her rather lacking.... Just one opinion. I'll watch and see....

June 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Patsy Charles-Ross

I thought that scene was hilarious and Lorena got just what she deserved and wanted from Bill. The least he could have done was just ripped her head of and maybe that would have ended her where the torching did not.

June 28, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  91. RickR

Well, anyone who's read the Charlaine Harris books already knows that Bill isn't as noble as we're led to believe, and that Eric is going to rise to prominence. But since the TV series is its own little universe and is going off on its own tack, who knows? The scene was delightfully twisted (pun aside) and was a great little thing to leave us with .

June 28, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. MaestroGeek

To be honest, while I was certainly taken aback by this scene, shocking may be a bit of an overstatement for my reaction. To me, the scene from last season with Lafayette and his attempted escape from Eric was far more grotesque. I mean, he ripped a hip pin out of a dismembered leg...with his teeth. That was, for me, far closer to shocking then the scene from the last episode.

June 28, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  93. emryldmyst

just when i think they've done it all... they do something even more outrageous and over the top. I LOVE IT! KEEP IT COMING!

June 28, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Beth

Ah, I wasn't expected it.

In fact, the entire scene would've reeked of b-film cheese had it not been for Bill's anguished scream at the end of the episode.

June 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Steffanie

In the books, Lorena did not release her hold over Bill. He claims he was with her and did what she said because of it. Not sure how the show, that goes so far off the books in many ways, is going to explain all that when it comes up. How do you backtrack when you've already screwed up how it really happens? I don't care. Love the books and love the show separately. I'm just glad we're getting closer to Sookie and Eric!!

June 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • toad

I am in total agreement with you! However, I heard that they are not going to have Sookie and Eric, and all the other "men" be with Sookie. They are supposedly keeping Bill and Sookie together! Which I TOTALLY dont want to happen. Some of the previews make it look like Sookie and Eric do happen but... like you said. They have strayed so far from the books that it might be confusing. At least for us that have read the books that is.

June 29, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  96. TrueBloodFan

It's TV. It's not real.

More Eric naked time please.

June 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

I agree! More Eric naked. I'm upset that they got rid of Eggs with his six-pack abs. Need more of that.

June 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  97. TIm

Spoiler alert!!!!

Sorry, I'm just bored. I never even saw the show. Enjoy.

June 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Tim

If you are a male over the age of 16.,stop it. Stop pretending your a vampire and stop pretending you have super powers, and for christ sake, stop writing about it. It is a frickin teeny bopper television show. It is only deep and dark if you pretend it is.

If you like the show, then just watch it, enjoy and move on.

Buffy rules!!!!

June 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • screwgod

Um. When I watch a show about vampires I don't pretend I'm a vampire. Do you pretend that you're a baseball player when you watch baseball? Weirdo...

June 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • siranda2010

this is NOT a teeny bopper show! Are you crazy! It is very, very much adult viewing. Quit posting about stuff you know nothing about.

June 29, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • hillbilleter

Evidently you don't watch the show and think it's a Twilight ripoff. It's a "what if vampires came to the South' show. Very funny, very different, and with very reality-based characters confronted with the ultimate Strange. What would your neighborhood old widow lady do if a vampire came to her door asking for assistance? Imagine that.

I don't think anybody watching TB believes they're vampires, and they don't want to watch teenybopper vampire slayers. They want to see what would happen if real people were confronted with something this strange. How would they explain it? How would they deal with it? Southerners would certainly try to deal in their own way, and that's what I like.

June 30, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  99. cinders23

*possible spoiler alert*
    In the books Lorena gets back at Bill big time. I wonder if this is the set-up for that. You never, ever know because the series does not follow the books (Lafayette's role really beefed up-YAY! Maryann's role really beefed up-BOO!) Either way you just don't know how things are going to play out. And I love it! (Eric's, "Is there blood in my hair?") Franklin was not nice in the books. I think his character is scary & creepy in the series. I can hardly look at him. Any else agree?

June 28, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel

I can not, for the life of me, remember who Franklin is!! It's been a long time since I read book 3. Can someone refresh my memory for me!?! LOL

June 29, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Tim

Wow, how lame. It's a frickin tv show for mopy kids who like to pretend they have superpowers.

If your under 17 and watch, enjoy being a kid.

If your over 17 and watch, (and write about it) give it up. You are not a vampire, you have no super powers, so open your windows and doors and join the real world.

Actually it would be better if you just watched reruns of Buffy .

I'm just screwin around. Watch what you enjoy. Just don't blog about it if your a guy. That's lame.

June 28, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • screwgod

If you don't know the difference between the words "your" and "you're", then you're in no position to judge the maturity of others.

Why you are on an article about the show is a bit curious.

June 28, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • potkettle

and what does it say about you if you are reading articles about vampire shows on CNN and commenting?

June 28, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  101. ben

This gives a new meaning to Hate Crime. Decapitation would be a nice touch.

June 28, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Nihilistic

Just to correct the record, Bill did NOT have s*x with Lorena because she ordered him to as his maker! Please stop posting this because it's just not true. If you've watch the show at all you'd know that Lorena released Bill from the bond maker's hold over their "children" many years ago. She has no hold over him any longer. What transpired in that scene was "hate s*x" in it's most literal manifestation. Don't get it twisted (like Lorena's head! Bwah!)

June 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • jackie

Ok I keep reading that she released him from the "Maker's Bond", but then how did she keep him from going to Sookie when she needed him in Dallas? Sure seemed to me that she had her maker's control then...

June 28, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • NeeNee

Lorena is much older and stronger than Bill that's why she had such a hold over him and prevented him from helping Sookie in Dallas

June 28, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • hillbilleter

If Lorena had truly released him from her makers bond with him, she couldn't have kept him away from Sookie in Dallas. She gave lip service to her "release" and showed how duplicitous she really is that she did not follow through and actually release him. It's her bad character to keep control where she can, no matter what she says, and not feel anything at all about it.

June 30, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Nichole

Did anyone see Patrick Swayze's brother, Don?

June 28, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Rhon

I thought it was a great scene! I was LOL the whole time...but I guess that means I am a little twisted too. I was actually hoping he would twist her head completely off so I didn't have to see her character anymore. Love this show and all the character development.

June 28, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Zarf

Ok, this is what went through my mind when I was watching that scene last night...To anyone who has ever had to make a call to an internet phone company or a cable company customer service line...think of Lorena as one of those companies and you can probably understand Bill's frustration. I too have howled like Bill when dealing with customer service lines at various companies. I found the whole thing ironic.

June 28, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Amy

Well it definitely shows those Twilight fans what a "real" vampire is and does

June 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Melissa

Well.. they ARE vampires. Nothing surprises me when it comes to horror.

June 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Adam

Am I the only one who noticed that Bill didn't even take off his pants, let alone unzip?

June 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • wecamp

I noticed it too! He must be a little bit superman.

June 28, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Thank you!!! No one had pointed that out so I thought maybe I was the only one that noticed it.

June 28, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • TBFan

@Adam: I'm fairly certain that Bill did unzip, we just didn't see it.

June 28, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Craig

I guess you have to assume his junk just ripped right through his pants like the Incredible Hulk.

June 28, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC

I noticed that too, but maybe it was his super speed unzip, since he can move so quickly.

June 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Monica

So cheesey! This season thus far has made me question why Im still watching!

June 28, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buddha54751

You have to be kidding right? So far this season has been awesome!

June 29, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  110. mary

I am not surprised with this show.It is definitely out there a bit but LOVE IT! Ready for Sookie and Eric!

June 28, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  111. frankjcapp

Boy, until I read this story, I didn't give that scene two thoughts - then again, as a gay man, I pretty much just squinted my way through it ..

June 28, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nihilistic

Kind of like I do whenever there's the obligatory "exposed male buttocks" shot. Something tells me you're not squinting through those though..

June 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • J.Neil

Haha. I loved the scene. I didn't think the acting was all that bad, and it was a surprising turn for me–as I've not read the novels yet. I guess wishing that she were truly gone was too much.

It made me sad because, despite the fact that he despises her, will still think she has won out.

June 29, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • J.Neil

Oh! And I say, Gimme that Bill and Sam shower scene!!!

June 29, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  112. RS

I felt my jaw drop when I saw it, but all I could think of was "Why didn't he just continue to twist her head around until he ripped it off ?" It would've made things a little easier for Sookie, at least one less person conspiring to do her in. I didn't get why Bill was screaming towards the end. I guess frustration of some sort. I just bought 4 of the books over the weekend, so I wonder if it gets covered in there. Either way, I still liked it, and I'm still hooked. Of course I'd like to see what happens between Sookie and Eric. Man do I love this show !

June 28, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whatdupdoh

Bill has already been on trial for one Vampire murder, Don't think he wants any part of that again.

June 29, 2010 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  113. Evilisa

I laughed maniacally, I too thought of Death Becomes Her!

June 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  114. TheyJumpedTheSharkWithThatScene

That's all I thought when watching last night – oh god, they just jumped the shark.

June 28, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Ross

It was a little shocking initially but that was quickly tempered when it was clear he wasn't going to twist Lorena all the way until it snapped off.

June 28, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Kathy

Didn't really shock me since I expect the unexpected each week, the twisted neck was creepy but so is she! Every vampire has a dark side and his just came out! I know they will top it!

June 28, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Sam

I wanted to be shocked but it just felt somehow silly. The effects work was well done but watercooler talk? Not really....

June 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Nita

It was a bit much :-); I believe I'll turn my head when the episode is aired again... Tara's scenes with Franklin were better...

June 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • KRM

Oh Yeah.. Tara eyes in the back of her head...... Good Gosh Almighty... Vampires like to give it hard from behind

June 28, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Garbo

It was disturbing and yet I was compelled to watch...

June 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Jim Scott

I have to admit, I fapped to the scene multiple times.

June 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  121. D

If only people would read the books!!! Bill is not always a sympathetic character in the novels! If the show is going to follow the books at all (and it veered off quite a bit in the second season), Bill cannot remain sympathetic and perfect.

June 28, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie K

aw, c'mon, nobody reads anymore – well, books, anyway. just blogs... : (

June 29, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  122. rengoelj

I think it was a great scene. It really gave you a better look at what Bill really is. And as being a "sympathetic character", I have never seen him as such and nor is he one in the books. I'm hoping this is just the first step in him showing what his real character is as his character actually developes and becomes more interesting.

June 28, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Landshark

It was shocking and a little disturbing but so what?? The show is about vampires and all that goes along with them. Personally I liked it and hope they can come close to or top it with another kick ass episode!!! Bring it on!!!!

June 28, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  124. C

I have to admit that I was shocked at this scene, but after a bit of retrospect it all made sense. Bill only did those things to Lorena because she is his maker and she ordered him to. I didn't think the twisting around of her head was grotesque or uncalled for...in fact, to me this shows his humanity by not wanting to look at her while he was doing something he did not want to do. I think he'll have no problems bouncing back as a sympathetic character. I agree with JC–I have read the books and this season should be very interesting!

June 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nihilistic

You're very wrong, you should have spent a little more time "retrospecting". Lorena has no hold over Bill, she released him from the "maker bond" long ago.

June 28, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tara

To the one saying she has no hold over him she rleased him – that's a play on words in the show. YES SHE MOST CERTAINLY DOES have a hold over him. He will ALWAYS have to respond to her commands. Did you not watch last season? What "release" means, she allowed him to travel his own way, and she went hers. However, the longer they are apart – even if she commands him to do something – he can choose the manner in which it gets done. The show does very poor in explaining this – even though they DID explain this very well last season.

June 29, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  125. cavepearl

The show is about Vampires. They are not cool humans who dress well and are really good in bed. They are blood lusting creatures of the night that love and hate humans so much that to love a human is to destroy one. People who thought last night was to graphic can go back to TWLIGHT and leave are bloodthirsy fiends in peace.

While graphic and way over the top, this scene in context to plot was needed. However I know what is to come and let me tell you hopefully you aint seen nothing yet. However the show needs to be careful or it will peak out to early.

June 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  126. JC

I was shocked. This season is too graphic with the bloody stumps, mouths, etc. It has gone past sensual to sick and twisted (pun intended). Having said this, I will still keep watching. If you want to know what happens next, read the books! I don't know if they will stay true to them, but some parts are coming to life in the series.

June 28, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • rbnlegend

They left the books way behind long ago. The TV series is based on the characters in the books, in some cases very loosely.

June 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • IEK

They didn't leave the books behind a long time ago. Each season is based on one book. But there's not enough material in the books to fill a full TV season, so they add a lot of extra side stories (like keeping Lafayette alive, Jessica, etc). This season is following book 3: Bill is kidnapped by Mississippi, Lorena is involved, and Sookie is trying to find him with help from werewolves. Sure they change stuff, and add a lot of stuff, but each season's main plot has stuck to the main plot of each book and this season is shaping up to be the same.

June 29, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
    • CAS

Actually, no, IEK, they're not using one book for each season...they're skipping around and combining various events together; including adding things that never happened in the books. For instance, Andy and Jason as friends and cohorts? Never happened. The books are MUCH better.

June 29, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • nc216

I agree with IEK here. each season is based upon a book so far. Jason and Andy being friends is just a filler that IEK talked about. there isn't enough material for an entire season they have to make stuff up. If you go back and read the club dead, the 3rd book, the main points are completely in line with season 3 so far. Bill being in Mississippi, Bill cheating with Lorena, the introduction of Alcide Herveaux, it's all there. Bill in the books was never a "sympathetic character" like he is on the show. Having read all the books it's hard for me to watch the show and actually like his character anymore. I'm ready for the show to explore more male characters other than just him. Personally, I'm really excited to see Alcide on the show. I hope he sticks around like he does in the books.

June 29, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Um, aren't vampires supposed to be graphic, sick and twisted?

June 29, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  127. nacho mama

Oh, I thought this was gonna be about Pam! Okay, seriously, Bill hates Lorena and she got what she deserved.

June 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gildanonymous

And with her being a vampire, it's not like it's going to end her.

Watching it reminded me a bit of a scene from the movie Death Becomes Her.

June 28, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  128. C

I have to admit my jaw hit the floor. But I do want to see if they can top it :)

June 28, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Val

I was less offended by who was involved as I was by how cheesy the whole thing came off. I laughed through the entire scene.

June 28, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelli

I have to agree...i thought it was VERY CHEESY!

June 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BMD

I laughed. It's moments of pure destruction that come off as funny. I was kind of disappointed he didn't just rip it off.

June 28, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

Anyone makes an assumption on someone's age just because they find what the person watches immature is just in denial with their own maturity.

June 28, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

Let me note that I do not care for vampire shows nor movies... especially not that garbage Twilight.

June 28, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lucy B

Agreed. I thought it was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a while.

June 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian Macker

Rufus,

I have to disagree. There used to be this boring TV show called Dark Shadows about vampires. Us 12 year old kids didn't watch it but the adults did. So stop disrespecting 12 year olds.

June 28, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whatdupdoh

1. Yes it was a cheesy scene. BUT HELLO! Have you guys been watching the show? Its filled with touches of cheesiness and I love every bit of it.

June 29, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • D Nelson

Sorry, Rufus, but this show is definitely NOT for 12 year old kids. In fact, vampires in literature and movies going back for well over a century now have been adult fare.

I will agree that vampires have become a little overused in our entertainment over the past couple of decades. They have always been around, but ever since Interview with a Vampire ( first the Anne Rice novel, and then the movie adaptation) they have been spreading. Buffy, Angel, Twilight, Underworld, True Blood (and the novels they are based on) and a couple of dozen other movies and several dozen novel series'. Some of them are good, but a large majority... I mean, enough is enough.

June 29, 2010 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
    • feasors

Rufus,

And anyone who doesn't watch a TV show about vampires but seeks out articles online and reads about the show he doesn't watch and then makes personal judgments about those who do on an anonymous blog – that takes a very special kind of A hole. Kudos rufus. Kudos.

June 29, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Rosa

I was also laughing because the special effects were so bad! I still love True Blood though <3

June 29, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Brad Miller

TOP IT! That was awesome lol

June 29, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • clok1966

Um... its not real. grow up a little, we are talking about camp TV, the campier the better. This is the big boy and girl table, if you dont like Nasty stuff you maybe shouldnt be watching this show at all, right? I mysle find it pretty much a girls soap opra with blood, dont enjoy it but others in my household do, hence I see some of it. seen 1000 Times worse in many a movie.

June 29, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denise

I loved it. I thought it gave it a good "twist" to the story. LMAO

June 29, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • beautifulcurare

I found it quite hilarious...I think people are overreacting...but, it's their right, so oh well...

True Blood is still awesome =0)

June 29, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • B wai

It was pretty funny, but I don't see Bill as a good guy anymore. More like an unattractive follower.

July 12, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  130. matt

Drop everything your doing and go seek therapy NOW.

June 28, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  131. LDN

Write again when the drugs wear off...

June 28, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  132. MaestroGeek

Troll Alert

June 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Shel'

Don't get why it would be disturbing? The whole premise of a 'good vampire' is that he/she fights his dark side and to expect them to never give into their dark side if illogical. As humans, we all get angry and say/do hurtful things .. vampires would do the same except that the degree of rage/violence would be greater from them because of 'who/what' they are. To take away the darkness of the vampires ... is to make a tween movie like Twilight which is really more of a pre-teen dark, gothic, romance. Kids should not be seeing True Blood as it really is an adult vampire series.

June 29, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  134. Appelpye Alamode

So adults should watch kid's shows then? Do you guys think before responding?

June 29, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Jim T

Have you read The Vampire Chronicals by Anne Rice? Everyone of her books deal with these creatures trying to remain as human as possible.

June 29, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |