June 28th, 2010

Angelina Jolie on Brad Pitt and more babies in Vanity Fair

What haven't you heard about Angelina Jolie? Well, in the August issue of Vanity Fair, Angelina Jolie puts to rest all those rumors about her life and family with partner Brad Pitt.

“No, I’m not pregnant,” Jolie, 35, told the magazine, though she does admit that she and Pitt, 46, plan to add to their brood of six – eventually. “We want to make sure we don’t build a family so big that we don’t have absolutely enough time to raise them each really well.”

That’s why the "Salt" star will eventually scale back her work schedule. “I don’t think I’ll do it much longer,” she said of acting. “Because I have a happy home….I got back from work last night, and everybody was playing music and dancing, and I suddenly found myself dancing around with a bunch of little fun crazy people.”

Though she doesn’t comment on son Pax, Jolie said that Maddox is a “real intellectual… He feels like he could be a writer"; Zahara is “just so elegant and well spoken”; Shiloh is “hysterically funny, one of the goofiest, most playful people you’ll ever meet”; and twins Knox and Viv are “classic boy and girl. She’s really female. And he’s a little dude.”

Jolie added that she was most like Shiloh growing up. “I used to get dressed up in costumes and jump around. But at some point, I got closed off, darker… I think you just get hit with the realities of certain things in life, think too much, start to realize the world isn’t as you wished it would be, so you deepen. Then, as I had kids and got older — being goofy, lighter — it all came back.”

As for whether she’ll ever walk down the aisle with Pitt – whose shaggy beard wasn’t a turnoff to Jolie (“I love Brad in every state”) – the actress said they aren’t “against getting married,” but “it’s just like we already are. Children are clearly a commitment, a bigger commitment [than marriage]. It’s for life.”

Still, she wouldn’t mind teaming up with her “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” co-star again on the big screen – maybe in that “Cleopatra” film that’s in the works?

“It’s really about finding the right thing,” she said. “When you’re a couple, there are certain things people don’t want to see you do. It becomes too indulgent, too personal. I don’t think people want to see people who are really together intimate on-screen.”

1. Mariella Weinrich

I live in London mom bikini anal 516

December 13, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sick of brangie

one word.......GAG

July 26, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  3. Debora Tumlinson

I find Angelina boring and redundant. She is weird, and disgusting, and she is a total violation of nature. She needs to take her big, fat lips and stay home, with her kids, instead of letting them be raised by nannies, and if things are so hot between her and brad, why does he spend so much time away from her, and why does people who work for her, talk about how mean, and hateful she is to brad and has little or no patients with her children. I think the children are just a show, to get attetion and try to build a false image that she is normal, and not neurotic, depressive and basically a negative person most of the time, unless she is putting on a show for the media.

July 19, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  4. JustMyOpinion

Unfortunately, her reputation is forever tarnished because of her past. She will always be viewed as a seductress and a homewrecker. Her charity work is commendable but, as evidenced by the comments posted, a shadow has been cast and will probably remain on her character. Fade into the sunset sweetie. You're probably a good person with a good heart but your reputation precedes you. Your star wattage has decreased but it's okay to join the ranks of the ordinary. That's truly what all of us – just ordinary folk...

July 13, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bella

She is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now,that a women!At least she has a great family,life partner,and isnt sleeping with every leading manover and over and over and over like some 40 something...

July 8, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. anonymous2

Angelina is a good person and very beautiful inside and out. Brad – ok a little fickle. Jen is a good person also.

July 7, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. garc

If I had to make a list of "I don't get it" over the past 10 years, this woman would have to be near the top. She can't act (why does she always play either crazy/whiny or an assassin? Always? The rare times she tries something else, it's utterly nonbelievable, but it's possible to believe her when she plays crazy). She pimps out her millions of children to the press constantly. She calls the photographers every time she takes a crap. She claims to be all about peace and promoting health for children all over the world, but her movies are always violent. The woman has psychiatric issues.

July 1, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. LL

I love the way you all comment on why Jen didn't have a baby, etc, etc, etc....were you guys all there for the marriage??? Brad's a jerk because of the timing of everything. Angie's too busy making movies to raise the kids she has, so I hope she does slow down. As to what went wrong with Brad and Jen, only they know. I wish them all the best.

June 29, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lisa Marie

It's too bad you can't understand that, "Of course she doesn't want to be pregnant right now (she's single due to her husband ditching her for another woman right before they got to try) AND she's working on her career, (keeping busy ) AND working on her self-esteem (staying in shape and showing it) considering she was dumped by her husband for a beautiful woman." NOT that Jen isn't but it's understandable that she took a big blow to her self-esteem, security and belief in herself and this is her way of building herself up and getting her life together. I take it you haven't seen any of Angelina's movies and pic.'s in magazines. She's shown as much skin and more then Jen has on those Magazine Covers. Doesn't make A.J. a bad person or terrible Mom from what she's done either. Jen has said that she wants children when she finds the right guy. Like most women know do it's good to exercise and stay in good shape before AND after you get pregnant. It's always healthy to take good care of yourself' and most men and women like to show it off. Makes you feel good about yourself, builds your self-esteem up! ;*-)

June 29, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. anonymous

tish, tish, Jens's fans. Actions speaks louder than words. Look at the career JA has now posing practically nude every chance she gets. It's all about her body image, this is not a person who wants to get pregnant and spoil her figure, this is a person who is out to show the world that she looks better than any other Hollywood star out there, if it wasn't Angie it would have been some other woman Brad Pitt was on his way out!!

June 29, 2010 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. lv2shp

I find Angelina's most recent statement that children are a bigger commitment than marriage as a slap in the face for the wife she and Brad left behind. I am glad that Jennifer is beyond making statements of this nature at this point. I think this ploy of her becoming the most loving mother after all of her past behavior and the fact that she and Brad entered into this relationship is just as appauling as if it was your mother, dad, sister, brother , daughter, son or anyone you love being betrayed in such a vile way. It sounds as if they are staying together for the sake of the children, No love in that!!!! How many people doyou know that got pregnant because they thought having a common child would seal the deal- oldest trick in the book.

June 28, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Carly

None of us truly knows any of these people for real, but I will say this. Brad Pitt made no bones about the fact he really wanted children while he was married to Jennifer Anniston. Lisa Kudrow managed to have a baby while making Friends, and if Jen had really wanted to have one, she would have found a way to work around her filming schedule, just like lots of other actresses do. It's great to talk about how much you wanted a baby after the fact, and how you didn't know there were any problems, but I remember all the talk before he was filming with AJ. He wanted out because he wanted kids, and she just wasn't ready or maybe didn't want them ever. It's okay not to want kids, some people don't. That doesn't make her a bad person, but Brad wanted a family so much he talked about it all the time. Jen never did; she was all about her career. Again, that's not a bad thing, it just wasn't what he wanted and he was very clear about that. It's always sad when a marriage breaks up, but sometimes people just don't want the same thing.

Victoria Moreland, you have obviously never heard Angie give a speech before any group of people regarding humanitarian issues, or you would not say she has a limited vocabulary. She is very intelligent and well-read, knows what she is talking about, and understands what it is to go through difficulties and come out on the other side intact. Lots of people don't. You need a dose of growing up yourself.

They may have nannies, what working parents don't have some kind of help? But they seem very hands on with their children and I think they deserve kudos for that. I don't believe most of you haters have ever tried to raise 6 children so close in age. I did; I was a foster parent and also had 3 young children. Why don't you try helping some of the children of this world instead of complaining about the people who do?

June 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Marie

Carly, Jen also made no bones over wanting to have children with Brad "HER HUSBAND." When you're done praising yourself for all the children you raised and praising Angie and Brad for working and having Nannies to help out while they work maybe you should think about the fact that there's nothing wrong with wanting to wait (let see, they were doing their last season of FRIENDS) when Jen AND Brad were talking about her wanting to finish the end of the show so she could be at home "HANDS ON" with their children while Brad worked. Why does that make her a bad person for wanting that? I would say "THAT SHOWS THE SIGN OF BEING A GOOD PARENT" just as well and if you think THAT IS THE REASON Brad dumped her for Angie after the 2 met on the set of MR. and MRS. SMITH well then that makes him an even bigger, selfish, self centered person. (even Brads Mother publicly stated how angry she was with Brad for what he did to Jen.) Neither Brad nor Angelina handled that situation the way they could and should have. They showed her NO RESPECT and took her DIGNITY away. I know that sometimes things happen in life that we don't plan but there is a right, compassionate and moral way to handle those things when you're married to someone else. Other wise you're just another unfeeling, low life who does not care who you hurt. "YOU ALWAYS COME FIRST AND WHAT YOU WANT TRUMPS EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ELSE'S NEEDS NO MATTER WHO YOU HURT!" (not you) Other then that as I said before, I like all 3 of their Acting skills when doing movies and I do acknowledge all their hard work on the Charities they are involved in and I'm not saying Brad and Angie aren't good parents. But you have NO RIGHT putting Jen down because she didn't get pregnant while still working. ]:-{

June 28, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MARKI

LOVE THEM TOGETHER.... BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, INSIDE AND OUT.

June 28, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. vtt1969``

I think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are just complete losers. Angelina a homewrecker and Brad Pitt a little dog. They have their reasons for trying to look good in the public eye (charity). In that case, why don't they try to live on a median income and give everything else to other charities. There are lots of them out there. They just cover up their screwed up get-together by the publicity stunts. Enough of them..Let's move on to genuine people..

June 28, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KAra

I'm so over Angeline- I pray they dont make a Mr & Mrs Smith 2!!! Anyone else out there also an aspiring actor or actress? Well I AM! Does anyone have any ideas where I can audition for stuff? I found one website on the web where you can audition for real movies (google i made a movie) but am having trouble finding any more... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanx

June 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lisa Marie

Nora Jean Stone, NO, Brad & Angelina finally admitted that they fell in love and got together during filming of their movie. and Jen knew nothing about their marriage supposing to be over then. It tells a LOT about a person who is SO happy that a husband left his wife for another woman. Jen was brokenhearted when she heard about Brad and Angelina having a family because "SHE DID WANT A FAMILY WITH HIM." They were supposed to start their family after she finished FRIENDS but he didn't give them a chance for their family to happen afterwords before he ditched her for Angelina while filming MR. AND MRS. SMITH. I do think that they're all good people "IN OTHER WAYS" but as Jen said about Brad (and I include Angie since it takes 2 to tango) they definitely are missing sensitivity chip's (YOU TOO OBVIOUSLY) and I will add, moral one's too. I really like all of them, think they're great Actors and do a lot of good for people but Jen should NOT be made the villain for not having a family with Brad because of what they did. Rosey little lovers fairytale you're telling there but it wasn't so rosey for Jen and not so easy for her to "GET OVER" as you put it. Anyone in her place would have been hurt. And like I said, I like all 3 of them, no ax to grind against any of them. So I guess I'm not the one that needs to "GET OVER IT!" I do sympathize with her or anyone that has went through that though and it never happened to me.

June 28, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh

Why are we talking about Jennifer Aniston when she isn't even mentioned once in this article?

June 28, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Nora Jean Stone

Check wikipedia for Angelina and Brad's charity activity. Angelina and Brad put their money where their mouth is. So they are imperfect mortals, so what? They are doing some good in the world with the money they've made making movies. Not like some actors who squander their money foolishly and spiral down into substance abuse. Those who are "haters" towards Angelina, show that they have "issues" yet to be address with regards to Jennifer. Woman scorned perhaps? Been dumped by someone? Get over it. The world needs volunteers for causes that will improve the human condition. What are you doing other than complaining about two celebrities who fell in love and adopted children along with birthing their own? Lastly, Jennifer seems stuck: her look, choice of pictures, acting range, and her role as "poor me" being divorced from Brad. Their marriage was over before the filming of Mr. and Mrs. Smith, from what I've read. She got to get over it and move on with her life as well.

June 28, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. hate the haters

Geez Loueez Victorial Moreland, did you really sign your own name to such a mean ignorant comment? I am with zyl, you clearly don't know what your talking about, just putting your negative, mean, incorrect babble out there.
    When was the last time you tried to help someone else? Sure she is a celebrity with piles of money, lucky her. At least she gives back, and from what I have seen to thouse that need help the most. Shame on you!

June 28, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  19. soltice

I think VM said it all no need to add.....

June 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Victoria Moreland

Bored, ammoral, boring people, with less than 200 words to their vocabulary. Dumb fumblers, tongue tied fools. Poor sad kids. When the money's gone, where will they be. Until then, raising kids is always fun and easy when you're not the one doing it consistently.

June 28, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • zyl

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. You aren't even making any much sense, you just sound bitter, as if it's a crime for any celebrity to raise more than one or two children.

June 28, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Poor judgmental green-eyed monster.

June 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. akua

i heart her :)

June 28, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jill

I'm **sure** she will contact you.

June 28, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Daniel Troppy

Angelina if you ever need a STYLIST please check out my daily blog and contact me because I would love to
    shop for you. You know how to wear the clothes not the other way around.

June 28, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jill

This is the most ridiculious comment ever! I'm sure that she is reading this and I'm she will contact you...insane!

June 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  24. V

Angelina Jolie has really matured over the years, and has truly found happiness in her life. It's hard to not respect the woman. What a beautiful spirit, beautiful family, and powerful woman. I'm not really a fan of Brad Pitt as an actor but as a person he and Angelina just seems like they were truly meant to be, all without having to rub it in our faces or needing to have their relationship overly publicized. I can't wait to hear more about Angelina and her growing brood.

June 28, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Nia17

She's so beautiful, it's not fair. Plus, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her and Brad getting it on (again) in a film : )

June 28, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. semiRequired

Angelina is freakishly beautiful. But on the inside I think there is plenty of room for improvement.

June 28, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Rachel C

Angelina is one of the most beautiful people on earth, not just on the outside, but of her spirit as well. She is a wonderful human being who does so much for kids, dedicating the majority of her life to bring happiness their way.

I also think Brad and her are incredible together. I am SO glad he left Jennifer Aniston for Angelina. Aniston only thought of herself and her career back in those days, refusing to have a family with Brad, which is all he ever wanted. So, my kudos to Brad for following his heart.

Such a beautiful couple and such great human beings. I love them both.

June 28, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa Marie

Rachel, It tells a LOT about a person who is SO happy that a husband left his wife for another woman. Jen was brokenhearted when she heard about Brad and Angelina having a family because "SHE DID WANT A FAMILY WITH HIM." They were supposed to start their family after she finished FRIENDS but he didn't give them a chance for their family to happen afterwords before he ditched her for Angelina while filming MR. AND MRS. SMITH. I do think that they're all good people "IN OTHER WAYS" but as Jen said about Brad (and I include Angie since it takes 2 to tango) they definitely are missing sensitivity chip's (YOU TOO OBVIOUSLY) and I will add, moral one's too. I really like all of them, think they're great Actors and do a lot of good for people but Jen should NOT be made the villain for not having a family with Brad because of what they did.

June 28, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joie

What I LOVE is that so many people are talking as if these people are their friends! -Brad is a jerk for leaving Jenn, Jenn didn't want a family, Angie is a man stealer, Jenn was selfish....

Really? You guys know this? Fascinating.

June 29, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Corn Queen

She is absolutely gorgeous. Brad Pitt has it made. She is a true beauty on the inside and out.

June 28, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • renjenn

"Brad Pitt has it made". What does her beauty have to do with being a good life partner? Being pretty does't make you a good mother or wife; it just means your pretty. I do believe she is a good mother and a good person, but it is not because of her face.

June 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |