June 24th, 2010

Stallone set to make movie about John Gotti

Actor Sylvester Stallone is in talks with the late John Gotti’s son, “Junior” John Gotti, to make a movie about his father’s life as a mobster, CNN has confirmed.

Stallone himself would star as the "Teflon Don" in the film, which would tell the story of his life as the boss of the infamous Gambino Mafia family, as told through the memories of his son.

The elder Gotti was convicted for murder and racketeering in 1992 and died in June, 2002 at the age of 61.

According to TMZ, the project is far enough along in development that Stallone is ready to choose a screenwriter.

It's not Stallone's first time playing a mobster, but a previous attempt has probably been forgotten by most of today's moviegoers: 1991's "Oscar," a John Landis-directed comedy about a gangster, played by Stallone, trying to go straight.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. adrian

armand assante should play gotti(again) looks just like him

September 12, 2011 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Redbeard 54

I have had a fascination with mobster movies since The Godfather came to the theaters.I have watched the movie "Gotti"played by Armand Assante and I think he was far closer to playing "The Teflon Don" than Stallone could..I think Stallone would best play a Mafia "soldier" or "made guy". Tom Sizemore, who played John Gotti in the 1998 flick "Witness to the Mob",was also a good actor for the part.Otherwise I plan to see the movie when it comes out in DVD.Let's face it the large majority of mob movies don't seem to "hit"the cinemas anyway.(Nothing personal).

March 31, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

there is no need to remake gotti
      assante was perfect!
      travolta already (poorly) played mobster in the punisher and died approptiately but kelly preston and lindsay lohan? come on.that's a joke
      replay assante and call it a day

May 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

@dave: excuse me, but I'm dave.

May 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Unpalaadumn

#fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\1.txt,1,SP] #fiSe_Sinks[C:\2.txt,1,SP]

January 11, 2011 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. CoisaCrow

Новые ссылки на тему, как похудеть.
    лида для похудения отзывы

October 14, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. WeagJeteDug

Вот еще немного ссылок на тему, как похудеть.
    похудеть http://tylerleonard.t35.com/

October 4, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. ALEX.M

Stallone is the wrong guy to play MR .John Gotti ,They should have "Robert Deniro" or "James Gandolfini " Stallone is the wrong actor to play John Gotti . . . . . .

June 26, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. StallonesADragQueen

Stallone looks like a drag queen... like Carrot Top... He should play Tootsie II. That is my opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Daniel Troppy

By the looks of that photo I guess he isn't using his wife's Serious Skin Care . Just as well I've tried it and it doesn't work, she's just a actor's wife hocking the worst skin care line known to mankind.

June 25, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Dudley

I'll have to check out F.I.S.T. I'm a connoisseur of fisting movies. I've got over 1,000 fisting movies in my collection. Its pretty much all I watch.

June 25, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. T3DEEJ

Who cares? I do not understand the fascination with organized crime entertainment that glamorizes terrorism and murder by the individuals who don't want to earn an honest buck but kill you for it, or steal your hard work. Get lost mob. FOREVER>

June 25, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marty

Anybody remember a movie called F.I.S.T. where Stallone played a Jimmy Hoffa-based character. Excellent! Yes, he was not the greatest actor to grace the screen, but most of his movies were a lot of fun to watch. Look at the cable stations – they are almost always showing a Rocky or a Rambo. Agreed regarding First Blood – I didn't bother to see it at a theater, but was surprised how good it was when I saw it on cable. Then, the audience rocked during Rambo 2 – hell, they went berserk when he blew away the Vietnamese captain with one of his explosive arrows. People like to watch his movies, often more than the actual Oscar-nominated movies. Having said that, just because of his persona, I don't know if I could take him seriously as Gotti – would we be watching Gotti or Stallone playing Gotti? If he does it, it needs to be really good or it will flop. JMTs

June 25, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. ditka

Yikes. He would make a terrible Gotti. not to mention, I am not really for giving this family more cash. They are murderers, drug dealers, and so on.

June 25, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chaz

Sly...don't do it...check your ego dude. Cast Viggo Mortensen as John Gotti...you'll make more money

June 25, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ItaliaBella

Honestly, I would do a remake of Goodfellas! Best Movie besides the Godfather.

June 25, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alfred E Newman

I wonder who has had more face work, Rocky, Bruce Jenner or Randy the Ram.

June 25, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. John

I love the idea but I think Stallone is the wrong guy to play Gotti. Cast Deniro and the movie would be a blockbuster. Pesci could play Sammy the Bull.

June 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Tedster

With his new face I don't think I can take anything Stallone does seriously any more.
    I don't think I would ever call him a great actor. All though some of his films are intertaining

June 25, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Lee

Stallone is an idiot and a film killer. Ever since 'Rocky' he's just a loser and annoying.

June 25, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ron

He played a pretty good tough ant in that one movie. He should have got an oscar for that role.

June 25, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Guido di Sicilia

Let's hope that this is not one of those moronic films that glorifies the mob. Too many numb nuts left flowers in Ozone Park to honor that parasite when he died. Now we risk having a cult film that fools will think is cool.

June 25, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Ron

I can't wait for RAMBO 5, where John takes on the illegals and drug cartels taking over his dads ranch in Arizona.

June 25, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Phil

This role should definentely go to Jim Carrey.

June 25, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sal

A long due movie !!! and Stallone is one of the best qualified individual !

June 25, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ArmandAsanteIsARealActor

Now, Armand Asante is a real actor.

June 25, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ajay

The Gotti movie was already done by HBO. The main role was played by Armand Asante. He was beyond terrrriffffiiiccc.
    Stalone should direct this movie, but he certainly should not star in it.

June 25, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. TURMAN

I would love to see him do this movie. I loved Oscar... I really have liked all his movies...

June 25, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Fem2PlayMafioso

Who would cast this fem as a tough guy? Gotti Jr. would be disrespecting his dad with this casting – and the film itself. Looks like Gotti Jr. is broke – needs money – at the disrespect of his father's name. That's a punk. That is my opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  28. SlapAWigOnThisThing

Someone should slap a wig on Stallone for a role in Toosty II, as the female friend. He's got a feminine face. Look at those perky silicone lips. KISS KISS fem. How big's your prison wallet? That is my opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  29. lou

John Gotti Jr. was released a long time ago–check your facts,astonysh. He was on "60 minutes' a few months back.

June 25, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  30. DragQueenStallone

Stallione looks like he should appear on Rue Paul's drag race. Look at his "perky eyebrows." What a quxxr. That is my opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  31. PaulStanleyLookALike

Stallone looks like Paul Stanley of Kiss. They should date. That is my opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  32. trish

WHY????????

June 25, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  33. Beatrice

I am from an Italian family. I arrived in the US 20 years ago. There is more to the Italian culture than the Maffia. It seems that in the US that's all there is when Italy is represented. Maybe the Movie the "God Father" is responsible for that. Italians are actually the warmest people I know. I am very proud of my culture. It gave birth to geniuses like Michelangelo and Da Vinci and others. Why not a movie on Michelangelo? He was a colorful character. When I meet Italian Americans a lot of them deny their origins or speak about the Maffia. They don't know what they are missing.

June 25, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  34. mad max

oh how lovely!!!!........check this out....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7BpCnYF0g

June 25, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. The King

People are infatuated with mobsters, if he makes this film, its going to make a ton of money. Gotti was an idiot who nearly destroyed the Gambinos. The much smarter and interesting mobster is Paul Castellano, who Gotti murdered in '85. Castellano was taking the Gambinos in a more lucrative 'white collar' direction. He was the much more dangerous mobster.

June 25, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  36. Susan

Please don't make a movie about a cold-blooded murder. It doesn't matter who you pick to star in it. John Gotti was too evil to be depicted in a movie unless they are planning to portray him as he REALLY WAS. Since this is the movies, they will probably glamorize his life instead.

June 25, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  37. astonysh

last time I checked John Gotti's son was also doing time for mob-related activities. Interesting the company Sly Stallone keeps!
    I assume that this movie is coming straight out of the sort of movie factory they had in the 50s and 60s, when "Al Capone" (or at least whoever was playing him) was cheered by a wide section of the movie audience whenever he appeared. John Gotti as a misunderstood saint, maybe?

June 25, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  38. patricia h

r u kidding...isn't stallone 100......he is so vane.

June 25, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  39. TR

Armand Assante already played the perfect role of John Gotti in the HBO movie adaption. No need for Stallone to this movie. He should do the sequal to the Lords of Flabush instead.

June 25, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  40. ODA155

ADRIAN !

June 25, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  41. Brian

HBO did a really good movie on John Gotti called Gotti with Armand Assanti and WIlliam Forsythe a few years ago... not sure what more needs to be told about this story... plus Jr. is a bit of a whack job so I don't know that having him attached to the project will make it any better

June 25, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  42. Nicole from Ohio

It's pathetic that this is the only type of work that Italian American actors can get. Playing wise guys has to get old sometime. Of course, Hollywood loves to embrace stereotypes because it pays off (i.e. The Sopranos, The Godfather trilogy, Goodfellas, etc.) Surely, they can make a movie or a show about Italians that doesn't have to center around organized crime. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

June 25, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

The irony of it all is that the people that make these movies ARE Italian. Coppola, Scocesi, Stallone, Pesci, DeNiro, etc.....

June 25, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  43. Jfisch

I'm sorry, but I personally thought Oscar was hilarious! It may not have been a big hit as most of Sly's films were/are,. but it showed a completely different side of him. Good Luck with this one.

June 25, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  44. Grtgaljstchatn

Yo Hater...I most certainly do! If you know anything about him. You will know he was born in NY and moved to Philadelphia for a while with his family. They grew up in the Tacony section in Philadelphia. Maybe you need to be in a mental ward DUDE!

June 25, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Hater

LOL....man, I can read his Wiki page too, but I don't pretend to know him. I'm sure he loves it when all his friends post about him on the blogs.

June 25, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  45. Tomangino

I just talked to Stallone. He's not happy with alot of these negative comments.

June 25, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Hater

Yeah, I just got off the phone with too. He said to say hello the Grtgaljstchatn. LOL!

June 25, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  46. Grtgaljstchatn

I am an Italian American and I know Michael (Sly) very well. Yes, Michael is his "real name". We both lived on the same street in Northeast Philly and was very close to his family and also his brother Frankie. I personally like Michael and I feel he will do a fantastic job. Personally I think DiNiro would do better playing Gotti and Sly directing the film.

June 25, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Hater

Sure you do. It's milk and cookie time in the mental ward dude.

June 25, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Hey Man

You must not have known Sly very well or at all – Michael was not his real name, but a name he gave himself to be normal since he got teased at school with his REAL name, which is Sylvester.

June 26, 2010 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  47. SB

I will love this!

June 25, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  48. Sir Loin of Beef

I like most of Stallone's movies but I can never understand a word the man says.

June 25, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  49. Tim L.

The mob are just business men that are misunderstood. My great grandmother's family was affiliated with mob in chitown back in the day. I love being Italian or at least 1/2 but I still love the roots I come from. Loved greatgram conti and grandma peluso. I miss thier stories they use to tell. anyway great job Mr. Stallone. Make Don Gotti proud. And mickey would be a good pick for a part as a hitman.

June 25, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  50. ste1013

Still waiting for a Tango & Cash sequel.

June 25, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  51. Interesting

Another movie I will not see. Stalone couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

June 25, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  52. laura

If we watch movies about Bonnie & Clyde or Dillinger that's ok but the mention of Gotti puts everyone in a tizzy–the man existed,he did not live a good life but some how alot of people in the NY area respected him. I was born in Manhattan & raised in Queens there were some good things Gotti did - he threw one hell of a 4th of July party & was very family oriented. I think Stallone could pull off this roll. No one is perfect ,stop crying over "glorifying mobsters" –

June 25, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
    • No one is perfect?

No one is perfect, Laura? Very true. But it's also true that most of us have not been convicted of 13 murders. I don't think the fact that he loved his kids and threw great parties goes very far to dig his character out of that hole. We don't remember Adolf Hitler primarily for being a dog-lover, after all.

I don't have a problem with someone making a film about John Gott, but I sure hope Mr. Stallone doesn't give us John Gotti as his family would have us see him.

June 25, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Joe Clark

He would be far better off to portray the life of Christ. He saw his share of violence and then some!

June 25, 2010 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
  54. mike friedman

A box office flop in the making

June 25, 2010 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  55. Mike Hooper

Sylvester Stallone cannot act period. Poor Richard Crenna had to act with that fool for a paycheck in the Rambo movies but I know how embarassed he had to be. Stallone is an egotistical idiot. Hench he thinks he can play John Gotti. How stupid can you get. And guess who's money Stallone is using to do it. His own. Ain't nobody else that stupid. Show Mr. Gotti a little respect. Find a janitor job somewhere would you. Maybe dog the bounty hunter has an opening.

June 25, 2010 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Gotti for Attention

^ yea man, show a thug some respect! how stupid can you be!

oh wait...

June 25, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Balboa

The uninformed opinions of intellectually inferior and ignorant people such as yourself never ceases to amaze me. Sylvester Stallone is an extraordinary actor and has proven it time and time again. He has played a wide range of roles and the fact that people such as yourself can't seem to understand that Rocky Balboa is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER played by an actor just blows my mind. Stallone is not Rocky. Can you comprehend that? He is an extremely intelligent, sophisticated and articulate man. He has starred in a handful of dramatic films–aside from the Rocky franchise, there is F.I.S.T., The Lords of Flatbush, Paradise Alley, Copland, Lock Up, etc. Please, for the love of God, keep your painfully stupid comments to yourself. You are fooling no one except the additional morons who share your exceedingly high level of ignorance.

June 25, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Judi

Oh, Lord. I wish Sly would just produce and NOT star. There are far better actors who do a much better job.
    Question for you all: If you could cast this film, who would you choose to play Gotti?

June 25, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  57. heh

It's bad to glorify mobsters? It's the friggin movies! I would rather be forced to watch all the Godfather movies over and over -than 80% of all movies produced over the past 5 years. PLUS any non fiction work – could possibly be amazing if portrayed in the correct light. Good luck Sly.

June 25, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  58. ron

sly is cool and I have always been a fan. I have a Thai friend that was a co director in Rambo 3 that has some rare still photos of Sly in Bangkok. My friend Satharn said Sly was a very good man to work with in Thailand. You can contact me if you want to see the still photos, ron@ronsimagesbythesea.com

June 24, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  59. jess_sayin

Mickey Rourke would be a good Sammy "the bull" Gravano.

June 24, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike Hooper

Just sayin-– Sammy the Bull was a snitch. Mickey at about that, in real life or in the movies.

June 25, 2010 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |
  60. jess_sayin

I think DeNiro would be a better choice to play John Gotti.

June 24, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Lgirl

Great idea....but bring in a younger actor to play a young John Gotti and a different actor to play Gotti as he ages. Stallone is not right for this part.

June 24, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  62. donna

There was already a Gotti movie made by HBO called, surprisingly enough, "GOTTI." And it was great, starring Armand Assante. This Stallone flick will be crap.

June 24, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ckesling

good choice !!!!

June 24, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Dominick

They should try to get Charlie Stella for the screenwriter - his mob books are great.

June 24, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  65. eark

howdy

June 24, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Tess

Here we go again, glorifying a thug. He was a gangster and a bad one at that. He was a very well dressed man living off the sweat and hard work of good Americans in this country. There is nothing of value in this endeavor. Who knows what Stallone is thinking.

June 24, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • mobstermovielover

Stop now. This is an article about a mobster movie with the Italian stallion as the lead character not our elected officials who are very well dressed men living off the sweat and hard work of good Americans in this country. Let’s stay away from politics and embrace the fantasies of Hollywood..

June 25, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Pat

Tess..... really now... you are upset because someone is making a movie and glorifying a thug ? Remember untouchables, not the movie, but the series – about 60 years ago. That's what they made the movie from in the 80s... and guess what, it's glorifying a thug. Oh, more good news for you.... Brian De Palma is making a prequel called The Untouchables: Capone Rising, which details the story of Al Capone's rise to power – oh no !!!

Any more movies about glorifying thugs? Geez.... where to start..... oh, don't forget all the TV series...... LOL

Hope you like horses....

June 25, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Pat

oops – the series was from 1959 – 50 years ago – my mistake

June 25, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  67. Barbara M

Of all the great Italians and Italian-Americans, this idiot chooses to make a movie about a thug who did nothing to enhance this country. It only serves to make those who built this country into what it is and who worked to death to have their children become lawyers, doctors, senators and other great people look like imbeciles who can't speak English or hold a real job. This is not what Italians are by any stretch of the imagination. Go read a book for God's sake. They deal in money laundering and distributing drugs to children. Ask Gotti's sidekick, Sammy "the bull" Gravano. Another piece of dirt. For every one of them, there are millions who came to America that gave us so much more.

June 24, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mobstermovielover

The mobsters are more interesting. The elected officials are more crooked. Can you imagine a movie about everyday life in little Italy? Sly should be good in this role and it should be entertaining.

June 25, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • mr happy

barbara – you actually think reality is possible from someone with dyed hair, fake teeth, and hgh enhanced muscles whose handlers tell him he is wonderful all day?

June 25, 2010 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
  68. Bellini Martini

LOL, Teflon Don was far better looking then Stallone. Come on Sly, choose someone better looking than you.

Just how close to the truth will this be, can't imagine just how much will be held back, because this family still can't tell the truth about this convicted mobster.

June 24, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Conrad Sundol

Amazing how we glorify mobsters in this country. They'll be a little bit of the truth and a lot of fiction to make Gotti look tough and glamorous.

June 24, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew C..

of all replies, Bellini is the only one on the mark!--if dialogue and facts come from the Don's son, it will be be romanticised ---not accurate.---strictly Hollywood.!

June 25, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  69. Ghost of Elvis

If Stallone had chosen to shy away from the ROCKY sequels (except # 6, which is a great book end) and the super hero-action stuff, doing COPLAND-type things, AND penning scripts, we would be lauding him for a long and illustrious 35-year career. When he chooses, he's got the chops of DeNiro or Sean Penn. Yes, "ActionBuff", FIRST BLOOD is a great role/flick. Before we play judge, can we blame him? He was a starving actor who didn't want to starve anymore.

June 24, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Kermit Roosevelt

I am SO there. Stallone's gonna ease into the well-aged part of his career nicely and this role will fit him well. Go Sly!

June 24, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  71. ActionBuff

People are quick to dismiss Rambo as good cinema (as they should), but First Blood was actually a terrific movie; well paced with great performances.

June 24, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Aceshigh

About time a new American mobster movie is coming out. Stallone should do excellent. Ive always wanted to see him play a serious role based on a italian mafioso.

June 24, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  73. LovinVegas

I can't wait!!! I love Stallone. Yo, Adrianne!!!

June 24, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  74. lolno

Damn you mucho!!

June 24, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  75. lolno

First! And I don't see him making a very good mobster....

June 24, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • first?

lol....no!

June 24, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

yes i agree,not much about writing ROCKY either! YOUcan watch CINDERELLA MAN and see where he got alot of his research and took glory for writing it himself.....HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  76. muchogroucho

Stallone has the potential being a great actor. Not talking about Rambo but he WAS great in Rocky and in Copland, Stallone gave his best screen performance ever. He was nomintated for an Oscar for that one too. If the script is great and Stallone steps up to the plate the movie has REAL potential.

June 24, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • M

I agree... Stallone was fantastic in Copland.

June 24, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Agree, Stallone showed some depth in Copland. I thought Oscar was hilarious, an almost Mel Brooks-like satire of the 30s gangster genre. Stallone handled that role very well, too.

June 25, 2010 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Shannon Nutt

muchogroucho – Stallone WAS great in COPLAND, but he wasn't nominated for an Oscar for that movie – to date his only Oscar nominations have been for the original ROCKY. He was also very, very good in ROCKY BALBOA – although most critics dismissed it becuase it was a sequel. Speaking of Oscar, Stallone's comedic OSCAR is one of the few comedy roles I thought he was really good in. Another underated movie and performance.

June 25, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
    • ODA155

You guys are joking… right? OK, I’ll give you Copland, but a GREAT actor? I think Stallone may want to let this script go to someone more suited, Stallone always comes of as a stupid knuckle-dragger and I do think Gotti was a little more sophisticated than anything Stallone has ever played. No, no and NO!

June 25, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

I think they should tap William Forsyth to play John Gotti.

June 25, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Dan

If anything give stallone the role of Sammy "The Bull" but I dont even think Stallone would be able to pull that roll off.

June 25, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Diane

I think with a good writer, this would be an excellent movie. Gotti was a facinating person, he was a throwback to the first days of the mob. Everyday people went to him with their problems and he would solve them like the oldtime neighborhood boss. It's definitly a movie I would pay to see.

June 25, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Trident

Actually Gotti was not a throw back to the old days of the mob. Back in the day most bosses despised the "limelight" and attention that Gotti welcomed. Gotti was known for being one of the dumbest mob bosses. Publicity and arrogance towards the FBI meant you would be busted enventually. A Carlo Gambino he was not, not even close.

June 25, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Jose

He was nominated twice both for Rocky, as leading actor for writing the screenplay. Rocky cleaned up that year at the Oscars.

June 25, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • dragoon70056

Could be an interestig movie. Yo Sly, knock it off with the crazy plastic surgery before you end up looking like Joan Rivers.

June 25, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • FigFace

Look at Stallone's face... He looks like Paul Stanley of Kiss, or better yet, a drag queen without makeup. Gotti? I don't think so. More like Gidget. That's my opinion.

June 25, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |