June 24th, 2010

Daniel Radcliffe on Bieber: I thought he was a girl

Looks like the kids at Hogwarts are immune to Bieber Fever.

“Harry Potter” star Daniel Radcliffe has confessed that until recently, he thought the 16-year-old fellow tween idol was a female.

"I only heard Justin Bieber for the first time two weeks ago," the Brit actor told MTV News. "I genuinely thought it was a woman singing. I'd never heard it before. Is it big in England yet?"

Twenty-year-old Radcliffe added that he prefers bands like Radiohead and Hope of States, and while Lady Gaga is “not my kind of music,” he thinks “she’s kind of amazing.”

As for the Bieber boo-boo, Radcliffe explained, “I'm so out of the loop when it comes to pop culture that I kind of don't even try anymore.”

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Harry Potter • movies • Music

1. Game mobile online hot Van Kiem

That is very attention-grabbing, You're an overly professional blogger. I've joined your feed and sit up for seeking extra of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks

August 15, 2012 at 2:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. tarot reading online

Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my blog so i got here to go back the favor?.I am trying to find issues to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

August 7, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bieber hater

LOL I totally think JB is a girl in fact I am writing an article that I am going to try to have published in teen ink about my suscpicions about his gender

May 18, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. poo

he's obviously just jealous

May 8, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Selena ally

Hmm I'm a belieber ! :D

October 12, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. alicia

excellent! lol when i heard this i almost peed my pants...but i liked that the guy was honest and i love him soo much! the harry potter movies omg i just adore them (& the books)

June 27, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. leticia alvarenga bieber

eu amo os dois mais eu gosto do justin como cantor favorito e o harry potter como ator favorito e para as fãs de justin bieber la vai o twitter dele ai ::: @justinbieber

June 26, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. The Bieb

This article is so gay. Just like me!

June 25, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Chels

Beiber came into the business at the wrong time, it seems like all these Disney Channel stars are becoming singers one way or another signing record deals left and right. Beiber's voice is in fact good, I was thinking he was a girl as well. Or at least a 12 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty yet..that's sad.

June 25, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. I dunno

Not going to lie, i thought it was a girl singing too.

June 25, 2010 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. nweli

Be smart poeple out there. give these BOY a chance to show the world what they'v got .while you can't even be like them.

June 25, 2010 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. Adam

I was playing black jack at treasure island last Saturday with the Bieber. Funny how they let him play even though he's only 16. It was 3am and when they checked his ID they did a double take then just said ok have fun. lol he only bets $10 hands too.

June 25, 2010 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  13. Dave in Arizona

@Tamesha:

I wouldn't wish his life on my worse enemy. He hasn't even hit puberty and he's already been sucked into one of the most horrid corners of young celebrity life. Worse, he's being grouped with and treated the same as any number of no-talent kids, so if he does have talent of his own, it'll be lost in the madness.

June 25, 2010 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. Quagmire

Giggity giggity giggity!!!!

June 25, 2010 at 4:18 am | Report abuse |
  15. Still alive

i think we need to discuss some more about what the word fellow means, and if radcliffe is a tween. im still not clear on this. and also the spelling of the word grammar, can anyone please clarify?

June 25, 2010 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  16. Tamesha

Sounds like an awful lot of JEALOUS people here! When was the last time YOU were on the cover of People Magazine? When was the last time YOU were a guest on Saturday Night Live? This kid is getting more tail in one weekend than you will get in three years!

June 25, 2010 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  17. Maria

Why is anyone surprised. Beiber sounds and LOOKS like a girl. Mediocre singer at best being shoved down our throats as "the next big thjng" NOPE.

June 25, 2010 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  18. Michael Howard

Takes "one" to know "one"........hahahaha.

June 25, 2010 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  19. Isabella

This makes me love him even more!!!!!! hehehehe Bieber is just awkward....I really do not find him any appeal!!

June 25, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  20. Tweens Everywhere

Archuleta is better.

June 25, 2010 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  21. USA Idol

Justin sounded like a teenage girl. Charice could easily imitate him.

June 24, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JKSkins30

The record company with just throw Justina to the curb when she....sorry he turns 18 and then they"ll find a another no talented teen singer and then thrown him or her to the curb when they also turn 18. And so on and so on.

June 24, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Genie

When I first heard Justin B. I thought he was a girl. see I first heard him on the radio and I asked my friend who's this and she said Justin Bieber and I'm like "It's not a girl singing ?!?!?!?!
    You can't blame a guy for sounding unique but you CAN definately say that its purely abnormal !!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. ALesbian

Dude. I'd never heard this kid's music, but I actually looked him up on youtube. The kid totally looks and sounds like a lesbian. I should know!

June 24, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  25. PJ

He does sound like a little girl. Sort of looks like one too.

June 24, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sean

LOL. Dan, I love so much more now. GO HARRY!!

June 24, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  27. LIZZY

If justin bieber doesnt have a talent, no one would watch his you tube videos. DUH.

Do you know who doesnt have talent? Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, the JUDAS Brothers, all manufactured rammed down our throat to idolize.

The fact that the kid rose to fame with no backing of the 'organized' syndicates mean his charm and talent is for real.

SO boo hoo to you Haters, youre just jealous because Justin made it almost on his own.

WE LOVE YOU JUSTIN!!! DONT MIND THIS TALENTLESS IDIOTS. HAHAHAHAHAHA

June 24, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave in Arizona

And now he's on the front of every teenage girl magazine, right alongside all those fabricated child stars. Wouldn't that make him.. oh... a sellout?

June 24, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Wade N Eastman Ga.

Well Do we have genuine proof that (IT) isn't a female?? You do know these days things like gender can be covered so very well!!! WAY TO GO THERE HARRY POTTER!! Im a LORD OF THE RINGS FAN,BUT I JUST STARTED LIKING HARRY POTTER a whole lot more..

June 24, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  29. C

This Bieber, I see his name all the time, his face. I have no idea who he is! It was like this for me for a while with Lady Gaga, too. A while into her fame, I ended up seeing something on the internet that had some of her music in it (Didn't care for it at all, her image is interesting, though). I live in the US, but like Daniel Radcliffe, I am so out of the loop. I prefer it this way, high fives to him (Haha, I don't know much about him, either). This Bieber kid, I knew he was a boy from the first time I seen him. Maybe it's because where I went to high school, who I now hang out with–they are all pretty boys. I'm pretty able to tell the difference between genders! The kid is cute. But I'll continue to stay in the dark about him.

June 24, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. JLSPPW

Who gives a F***! He probably is a girl God know's this society would prase him if he had d**** inplanted into both ears...

June 24, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. josh

the first time I heard him I thouhgt he was a girl too. so funny!

June 24, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Scott

Daniel RadCliffe, Grow UP!He is just a pretty boy.And I guess you have no knowledge that males have voice changes. How could you say something so silly?

June 24, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • dwerd

u'd be telling alot of ppl to grow up including justine bieber he is even more immature then harry potter so and i hope to believe there is ust s much justin bieber bashers out there like me

June 24, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

I really don't think Daniel Radcliffe meant it as an insult. All he said was that he heard a voice and thought it was a female voice. Now he knows it's not. That's all it was. Nobody is making fun of anyone, except the people leaving nasty comments.

June 24, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • alicia

ok its not that hes immature or anything.
      its not the he needs to "grow UP!" like u said..
      the guy was just sayin that at the time of when he heard jb's voice it sounded like a girl! and this was two weeks ago so he couldnt have known the bibers voice had changed! plus its how he thought. u cant ask "how could u think that u silly boy?" its like someone asking u why u (for example) sleep.
      so how bout u GROW UP.

June 27, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Curt

Reading the comments here makes me realize how difficult it is for you guys to understand common English grammer. I didn't really believe that there was a problem with education in this country but now I see the proof. If you don't believe me just read though the comments and see how many people are struggling to understand what "tween" means and how it is used. Betty White said they tried to bring back the game show Password, but it didn't work out because young people weren't smart enough to keep up.

June 24, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hater

Curt, you're trying to be the voice of reason in a crowd of unreasonable people. I think you are confusing reality with the internet. You see, most people blog on the internet because we have no lives. We blog here because it's an excape from the lonely boring world we live in. My suggestion is this, if you want intelligent conversation, find a real, live, breathing human being. Otherwise, accept the

June 25, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  34. upsidecat

I think Bieber really is a girl.

June 24, 2010 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Russell

This kid has class!

June 24, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sodaculture

Didn't know who Daniel Radcliffe was until I saw his picture. There's irony in there somewhere

June 24, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Joe

Daniel Redcliffe:

Phew, I almost asked her out for date.. I thought she was cute

June 24, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. TJ

Why don't Bieber get together w/Miley Cyrus? I think they would make a cute couple.

June 24, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Miley was on one of the BBCAmerica talk shows saying that Bieber was texting her at random hours when she was in London – didn't seem to get the time difference concept. Sounds like maybe they are friends, but she is way too mature for him now.

June 24, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  39. FEAR

Our culture has become so pathetic

June 24, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Crazy Beautiful

Wow, Justin Bieber is a guy huh? Has anyone told him that yet?

June 24, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Eric Estrada

That's because he has a magina.

June 24, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dave in Arizona

It's not that I hate and despise these kids for being good singers/performers and winding up on the front of every teen girl magazine, but I do hate the kind of girls that make them popular. They get far too excited about meaningless things. There would be so many better outlets for their energy.

June 24, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. James Cutler

I agree he does sound like a chick.

June 24, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Bozo

You are all bullies and are disgusting. I have read about Bieber and he seems like a nice young man. Unlike any of you.

June 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • WheresTheTalent

He might be a nice kid, but he has no talent and we're just trying to understand WHY he's so popular? What I do know is the child needs a haircut better than what his little sister can do with a Flowbee.

June 24, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

Well said. Anyone who has seen Justin Beiber and doesn't know he is a guy is either kind of an idiot or really old. He looks very typical for a guy his age.

June 24, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Victor

Don't feel too bad Daniel. I thought the exact same thing the first time I heard a song from this kid. Was kind of worried my thirteen year old daughter was a lesbian when she told me she loved Justine Bieber. Then she told me it was a boy and I was like no way!!! Then she showed me a video and set me straight. LOL

June 24, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Matt

OK, now which on of you told him!!!

June 24, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  47. oprah

OMG!!!! LMFAO!!! He is so right!! i was listening to the radio the other day, and i heard a girl singing. But then i realized that it was justin bieber. i dont get how people think he is hot! HE IS UGLY!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Rassayana Atrindh

If it looks like a girl....sings like a girl....maybe it is a girl? I'm pretty eclectic when it comes to my music, but this kid needs to let his voice and testicles drop a bit before getting on stage.

I already liked Daniel Radcliffe's down-to-earth personality as a young actor, now I think I like him more.

June 24, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  49. amnda

Ozzy wears a cross too there Christian world...

June 24, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Wednesday

LOL that’s awesome...I actually finally heard a Biber song for the first time 2 days ago and yes he sounds like a girl and looks like a girl...I am not sure how he has become so famous when he doesn't even sing that well.

June 24, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Justins Wiener?

Where's my wiener , wiener , wiener Ohhh

June 24, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  52. nemo

i thought Justine Bieber was ushers new girlfriend =(

June 24, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  53. trilobug

Justin Bieber makes Daniel Radcliffe look like Russel Crowe.

June 24, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  54. BigCox

I'm calling shenanigans – this article seems to imply that Bieber is a guy? Who do you think is gonna believe that?

June 24, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Steve

Perhaps more important than anything is the fact Bieber does not seem able to sing. Nothing else really matters as the kid is trying to make it bing in music. His 15 minutes of fame are likely to fade very soon.

June 24, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  56. spooma

i flled my pool with oil to see what fun im missing out on

June 24, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  57. annas butthole

hey anna its ur butthole stop being a dum little immature girl u will never get justine bieber so shut up and i hope godkills you for putting justine before him

June 24, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

You could drop the 'annas' and you'd have the perfect name for yourself.

June 24, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Frankee

Justin Who?

June 24, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  59. os perez

based on this comment of his.. im actually looking forward to watching the next potter flicks, bieber is gay !

June 24, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  60. WheresTheTalent

I saw Bieber's performance on American Idol – the ONLY time I've seen him. All I can say is he's singing too big for his age, has no appeal (physically or his singing) and can't drum worth beans. What was that about? Singing the whole song just to spend 10 seconds fumbling on the drum set at the end ... bad choice for him. It really gives me the heebie geebies when a prepubescent tries to seduce me by singing. ICK!!!! This child should be on the Micky Mouse Club.

June 24, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  61. os perez

daniel radcliffe is my new god lmao

June 24, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Anna

Daniel is TOTALLY wrong!!!! I AM IN LOVE WITH JUSTIN BIEBER!!!

P.S. He is not a girl! And he is better than anyone!!! :-(

June 24, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  63. justinebeaver

justine GRLS ONLY LIKE YOU BECAUSE THEY THINK UR A SENSITIVE GIRLS GUY WITH LOTS OF MORALS I PLAY GIRLS LIKE I AM A SENSITIVE GUY WITH MORALS AND AFTER I GET IT I TELL EM AND THEY REALISE THEY NEVER KNEW ME ISNT THAT FUNNY AS HELLLL LMAOO CRYING ON THE PHONE SAYING I DONT KNOW THE GUY I LOST MY V TOOO OMGGGG LOL

June 24, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  64. cindy

the english are always so witty and clever. i want to move to england.

June 24, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

ahhh yes, England....where any boy can grow up to be the Queen.

June 24, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Zoya

You are the Smartest Person, Daniel!!!!!!!! Even my 3-year-old neighbor thought it was a girl!! :-)

June 24, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  66. biebersballs

jb can die he is a little minature gaylord and well all of you people who wish to be rich u are just handing justin bieber the life you want to have

June 24, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  67. danny

MY BABY BABY BABY DICK IM JUSTIN BIEBER AN I GOT A BABY BABY BABY DICK

June 24, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  68. GetReal

People who diss Justin are forgetting about the other Justin – Timberlake! He was a girly, feminine-looking & -sounding boy for a long time. Then he grew up, just like Bieber will. Look at Timberlake now – I dare anyone to call him girly! JB will have the last laugh, sitting in his mansion with all his platinum CD's mounted on the walls, not to mention all the women.

June 24, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • @GetReal

GET REAL!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • cindy

nice try, timberlake rocks compared to this little hampster

June 24, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tyler D

A mansion, CD's, girls.... and to you, this is "success"?? What, you got your edumacation from MTV? Welcome to America, the line for sucking on her star spangled teat starts to the left. But hurry, there's not much left to go around.

June 24, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  69. anna

Lets face it boys just dont look like boys anymore. Same goes for a lot of men!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Alex

Biever has a beaver?

June 24, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  71. kelsi avery

hey i thought you were the girl not him so stop judging someone you dont know Radcliffe ya that means you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and yes i have beiber fever!!!!!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alex

Umm little girl...he was asked his opinion and he gave an honest answer, not a judgment. I understand that all your idols respond to every question with the phrase "candies, butterflies, and yummy golly goodness..teehee"...but adults require just a tad more thought be put into their responses.

June 24, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Lauren

Ha! Well, I'm glad a celebrity said what we were all thinking....

June 24, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Michael Jackson

I had Justin for a sleep-over when he was 10. We had a wonderful time.

June 24, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mejazzbo

I'm not a Bieber fan but I just had to laugh. A few years ago when Radcliffe first appeared in a Harry Potter ad, I thought he was a girl. LOL

June 24, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Taylor Bernell

Bieber definitely sounds like a girl, and looks like a lesbian!

June 24, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justin Beiber

listen here girl i do not sound like a girl but we all know who does huh Taylor Bernell

June 24, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Seriously?

How is Bieber's music class? I thought his songs are about getting the girl or just anything about a girl? A lot of male singers have songs like that. Does that mean their music is class, too? Seriously? This is just so hilarious. I don't even know what "classy" music is anymore.

June 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Mr. Jones

Yes, Justin Bieber sounds like a 10 year old girl! You know who sounds good for being so young?? GREYSON CHANCE – look him up on Youtube....he is way better than that little wannabe JB, he can actually sing and doesnt sound like an annoying little 10 year old girl!

June 24, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Jack

Hanson (remember them?), Bieber and Radcliffe all have that one thing in common, I am truly sorry for them all.

June 24, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Edward

so this is what passes as news worthy. the world is going downhill fast.

June 24, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  80. JBieber Gurl

daniel radcliffe needz 2 shut up bcuz he's a bum and is just jealous that he isnt as famous as justin bieber!!!!!! DX LEAVE JUSTIN BIEBER ALONE!!!!!!!! >:(

June 24, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • oh really?

Daniel isn't as famous as Justin??? You've got to be kidding me here...

That so called "bum" is doing a lot better than Justin Bieber... one or two "hits" and you're already saying he's more famous than "Harry Potter." Get real.

June 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

What rock did you crawl out from under? If memory serves, the Harry Potter movies have all been mega-blockbusters. As for the Bieb, all he has are a few w 100 tweens that adore his pimply butt. Better run along now sweetie, the short bus is waiting to take you home.

June 24, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wish you Blew

Hey Sir Loin of Beef, Put a fork in "The Bieb" he is done..

June 24, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

We can only hope you're right.

June 24, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lauren

Sorry, but Justin Bieber sings like a girl and looks like a girl. It's an honest mistake.
      And are you kidding me? How much money has this guy made from the Harry Potter series? How many people have gone to see the Harry Potter movies? You have to be kidding me....

June 24, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Suz

I am no cougar, but I think I may officially be in love with Daniel Radcliffe. Cute AND classy!

June 24, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Tim

I just watched part of a beiber video on youtube. Just more proof that music today is garbage. He does look kind of like a girl as well.

June 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Tom

are not they both girls?

June 24, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Buck Ofama

"Daniel Radcliffe on Bieber: I thought he was a girl"

Yeah, you and everybody else Daniel!!!

June 24, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Wish you Blew

I have even caught myself singing along a few times. You must be totally GAY or a complete idiot. Come on. What are you 2 years old. Do you want some Ring Dings and Milk Too. Please!!

June 24, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

I'm glad to see you were finally able to figure out how to reply to a comment.

June 24, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Kat

Why is everyone bashing on Bieber about his voice and needing to "buff up." The kid is like 15 years old. Go look at a bunch of ninth graders in high school. Most of the non-obese or big boned kids are pretty scrawny. I'm gonna laugh when in 3 years Justin Bieber has an 8-pack, big biceps; enough to make any woman's jaw drop.

June 24, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Kat

Okay, well someone has been having vivid dreams here... wake up.

June 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fremont

Kat, if we all went looking at a bunch of ninth graders, we'd be arrested for pedophilia and stalking.

June 24, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

FREMONT – I think that if most of the people putting up comments here were looking at 9th graders it would be because they were into older men.

June 24, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  87. me

i thoughthe was a girl the first time i saw him...lol

June 24, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  88. wish you knew

Don't be jealous because he makes more money than you do.... I have a six year old and a sixteen year old and they think Justin is really HOT and love his music....... I have even caught myself singing along a few times....... If you don't like his music, Don't listen to it, but you don't have to be rude and say ugly things about him......

June 24, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |

Wish you Blew

June 24, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Who's watching your kids while you're on this blog spouting holier than thou crapola about the Bieb?

June 24, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Jackson

Hey, I'll watch your kids for you.

June 24, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

Your comment is intelligent. It doesn't really fit in with the other garbage people are putting up here, especially the other responses to your comment. What a bunch of idiots!

June 24, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael Jackson

Curt, I remember you. You always loved our little games with Bubbles. Sweet boy!

June 25, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  89. Fred

I guess we are in the age when everyone wants you to show your birth certificate to see if you are okay. Birthers go away!

June 24, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Dinesh

Bieber is fraud. Kid can't sing two notes correctly, his voice training is pathetic, and now he thinks he is the best singer alive. This temporary phase will pass soon, he will be history in no time.

June 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Bigbill427

Dude looks like a lady..

June 24, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  92. lswf

Had never heard of Justin Bieber until this article. I can understand how someone might think the voice is female, if you are just listening. Watching the videos, it's obvious the voice is that of a BOY! Justin obviously hasn't even started to shave. He's only 15 and simply hasn't matured yet. Many, emphasis on MANY, boys don't begin to really mature until late teens, some even early 20's. Have any of you listened to boy church choirs? Some of those boys have soprano voices. While Bieber's music is not my cup of tea (because it all has essentially the same beat and vocal range – not at all original – just a clone of most everything else in pop music today), his voice is pleasant. I suspect when he matures, it will deepen and there won't be any confusion as to his gender – unless there really is something hormonally off balance. If that be the case, he could very well be a gay man. Growing up will tell. As far as Daniel Radcliff goes, he is a superb actor and has grown up beautifully. Seems to be a truly nice young man and is on a career track to be, imho, on the same idea of a Harrison Ford; although associated with a primary role and it would be tempting to type-cast him, after doing shows on Broadway like "Equus" and his upcoming "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying," I believe we'll be seeing Daniel Radcliff in a variety of roles. I look forward to it. Could be an Oscar in the making.

June 24, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Daniel Troppy

He's just a young child really, there is not need for the media to jack this story way out of proportion.

June 24, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Seth

So did I!!

June 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  95. cvieyra

When I first heard his music I thought it was a chick then I saw the video and still thought he was a chick..the dude needs to man up seriously..he's definitely a chick

June 24, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Jay

Daniel Radcliff ROCKS. I do not like this Justine Beimer (sp?) he looks like a girl. Get a hair cut and man up a bit.

June 24, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Bieber fan '10

Wait, Bieber isn't a girl?

June 24, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Waka Waka

What to say? JB is small baby who was motivated to sing but i dont think he will go further.On the other hand we have talanted actor who gave nice answer to stupid question of reportier....Watch world cup and try to avoid such articles..(as me :-) )

June 24, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Butch

I would pay to see a Radcliffe-Bieber cage fight or how about Emma Watson-Ke$ha?

Btw, I'm not a Bieber fan, but if he ever became a man, he could get 100x more trim than you Bieber bashers. Just sayin.

June 24, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  100. irina

He is just a boy, in four years a lot of his features will change. I hope he knows that too:)
    I think he is cute regardless.

June 24, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  101. jim atmadison

Who's Daniel Radcliffe? For that matter, who's Justin Bieber?

Why is this under 'Latest News'?

June 24, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  102. CHRISTIAN WORLD

Watch out Christian world, the hollywood kind will not stop until they destroy bieber because bieber has the guts to wear the cross necklace in one of his concerts.

June 24, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Rowsdower

look who's talking.

June 24, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  104. B

Cat– I agree with you and Daniel. I really, truly thought Bieber was a girl with a bad '80s hairdo.

June 24, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Todd A

You mean Beiber is a guy?!!

June 24, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  106. J from miami

I was just bored and wanted to post something. I agree with Bosco, "Dude looks like a lady," and sings like one too. Though we all hating this little girl, she-boy iis making lots of $. I can't stand her-him!

June 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Stu

I've always said if Justin Bieber is a guy, he better be saving that money because as soon as his balls drop, so does his singing career.

June 24, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  108. carrie

Ha Ha , love it , I too think he souinds like a girl, and do not see the appeal unless you are under 13. Not sure why at 16 , he still sounds so girlish but to each his own .......

June 24, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Papo

Hahah, Harry Potter is suddenly cool.

June 24, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  110. BB

DANIEL IS SMART, TALENTED & GOOD LOOKING- CANT SAY THAT ABOUT JUSTIN- U GO HARRY!!!

June 24, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Anita White

I thought they both were girls or at least "little girly men"!

June 24, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Dee

I use to call my sheltie beeber, or beebo, he had better hair and sang better, Don't worry Harry potter, I thought he was gay lol

June 24, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Bosco Bustemante

Bieber – Da daant, Da daant, Dude looks like a lady.

June 24, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Dawn

I really don't understand why everyone is so mean to Justin. He's just a kid, really.

June 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Larry WI

Of course it's a girl! No self respecting boy would run around looking and acting like a litte femsh sissy!!

June 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  116. matt

guess justin better get 'herself' to a barber! who is bieber anyhow? does 'she' sing, or what? my daughter (9) is in love with him, but i have never heard a peep from him

June 24, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

If you're old enough to have a daughter you should be old enough to write an intelligent comment. You have the writing skills of a 10 year old.

June 24, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Brian

Daniel Radcliffe just gained major stock in my book.

June 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  118. chedar

You can't have him Danielle. Unless you are gay.

June 24, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Duane

Kelsie--Are we a little obsessed with this boy? Sheesh calm down

June 24, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Duane W

Love the honesty, he doesn't try to be PC and instead looks to speak his mind. Got to admire someone like that.

June 24, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  121. O2BinCLT

A bit jealous of a new tween idol now that he's no longer the popular one.

June 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  122. John Swift

I swear I had read an article stating that Justin(e) Bieber was actually a 5-toed marsupial from northern Montana. As with all marsupials, gender-assignment happens in the pouch. I read that Justin(e)'s mother was mistaken for a rabid opossum and shot, leaving the post-natal Bieber permanently gender-less.

Shame on Mr. Radcliffe for maligning the poor Bieber. It's worked hard in a two gender society to fight the stereotype that testicles are necessary for proving its (wo)manhood.

June 24, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  123. OICURCONFUZED2

This kid ... Justin, looks like the offspring of Chad Rogers from Million Dollar Listing!! Either that or Chad's hairstylist has opened a salon in the Toronto area! Never heard the kid sing ... don't want to.

June 24, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Paco

Makes sense. Who wouldn't listen to that awful harpie-music and assume that there's a silent "e" at the end of Justin's name. e.g. Justin(e)

June 24, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  125. RS

Daniel, it's okay. My grandmother and I both thought Bieber was 12, and even my grandmother thought he was a girl at first. I can't keep up with the new artists today either. You're alright by me Daniel.

June 24, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  126. native barstowian

HEY RADCLIFFE! POP CULTURE MADE YOU RICH! So that's the pot calling the kettle black when you claim you're out of the loop concerning pop culture. I had to endure your "Harry Potter" rage from the late 90s to early 2000s. Everyone seemed obsessed with your character, a 12 year old freak, who also looked like a girl!

At least Justin Bieber is not singing about witchcraft & devil worshiping which seems to be the theme of Harry Potter books & movies.

Another thing Radcliffe, Hope is a CANADIAN band. They are not from the states.

June 24, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Bernie C

Actually, Hope of States was an English idie rock band from Chichester. Perhaps if you weren't on such a rant about how Harry Potter is the devil, you may have taken the time to actually read the article.

June 24, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

If you want to criticize someone it's best not to sound like an idiot when you do it. Do you even know what the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" means. Ironically it means criticizing someone for something you are also guily of. Which in this case is you implying Daniel Radcliffe an idiot. You don't have to be an expert on pop culture to be part of pop culture. So stop being so angry about everything and try being nice to people. Maybe then people will like you.

June 24, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  127. John

All young boys sound like girls. That's why they get women to do the voices of young boys in cartoons.

June 24, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  128. kensga

Justin reminds me of a young donny osmond, look at pics and song osmond used to sing, looks like they molded this guy after him.

June 24, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  129. Violet

LOL! My brother also thought Biebar was a girl too. LOL. He does look like a girl.

June 24, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  130. Spendlove

Justin Bieber also looks like a girl.. so easy mistake Mr Radcliffe.

June 24, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  131. John

In the world exists three genres male , female and briton.

June 24, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  132. ShadowGal

That's okay. When I saw the ads for Karate Kid I thought Jaden Smith was a girl.

June 24, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  133. Jenickki

Ah ,Radcliffe is not a tween. Also, this guy can act. My opinion was completely changed when I had the opportunity to see him do Equus. WOW, impressive!!! I must admit, it is very hard for me to watch him play Harry Potter now. I also think his maturity is way beyond his 20 years. I never would have guessed that is all the older he is. As for Justin Bieber, I can't quite figure out what all the hoopla is about.

June 24, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  134. Justin

Oh, I didn't know Daniel Radcliffe was so masculine. He must have roomed with John Wayne and Charles Bronson at Hogwarts.

June 24, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  135. Oodoodanoo

Good for Radcliffe. Reminds of when MTV asked Ozzy if he liked Jody Whatley: "Who's Jody Whatley?"

June 24, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  136. George in TO

That explains why Justin Bieber is so idolized by lesbians.

June 24, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  137. Ballz

Radcliffe is cool – but who cares? Wheres the pictures of Hermione?????? Thats what we want to see.

June 24, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  138. Warren

His balls will drop eventually...hopefully

June 24, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  139. amigay

Not to worry....once Bieber's testicles descend he'll officially be a man.

June 24, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  140. Jeff

I still think she is a girl. Nothing has happened to make me think otherwise.

June 24, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  141. Shannon

LOL, Harry is a Hater!

June 24, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  142. JK

LOL.....these posts are hilarious....so many people who are obviously jealous about a boy's success......It's sad to read some of these comments, LOL

June 24, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  143. Jillian

He does sound like a girl. I mean it's nothing to be ashamed about if you heard him for the first time on the radio and didn't know who it was singing. Sometimes I wonder if his voice will ever change or not, I mean he's 16. Shouldn't that have happened already? I guess maybe he'll keep the high/soft pitched voice forever. Kinda like Justin Timberlake. When he hits those high notes it gives me goosebumps. But not in a good way.........

June 24, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  144. Abigail

I knew there was a reason I loved the cast of the Harry Potter movies. Definitely going to the midnight showing of Deathly Hallows for making that comment. :-)

June 24, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  145. Flip

Sometime today Justin will hear about this story.

I wish I was there to see his reaction.

June 24, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  146. maplejet

LOL Radiohead fan!

June 24, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  147. Sharon

Canada has such a hard time coming up with decent musical acts (emphasis on the word "acts").

I'm Canadian and I am ashamed.

June 24, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  148. garc

You mean he isn't?

June 24, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  149. Demonfeed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  150. Emigdio

Wait. Bieber's a guy?!?

P.S. (to Radcliffe) Just for the comment, I will watch "Deathly Hallows part 1" on release night.

June 24, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  151. Bwaha

So wait–Justin Bieber's NOT a girl??

June 24, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  152. GG

He looks like a girl as well. Justin Bieber looks like Ellen Degeneress and he looks gay.

June 24, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • maggie

Bieber has no resemblance to Degeneres at all. Completely different facial shape, coloring, etc. May be gay, may not. Who cares? You're a troll.

June 24, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Curt

He doesn't look gay and he doesn't look like Ellen Degeneres. He looks like a typical kid his age.

June 24, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Moose

Aaaaah ha ha ha ha.... **gasp* AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! This just made my day! WTB, Dan.

June 24, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  154. Playahater

Until now, I thought Radcliffe was straight. I can say with certainty that he was the most boring actor in LOTR.

June 24, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Bwaha

LOTR? Perhaps he was boring because HE WASN"T IN THAT MOVIE.

June 24, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

Ummm, ya, he was, LOTR is short for Lord of The Rings dude....

June 24, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • just dumb

DR was not in LOTR...Elijah Wood was...just dumb

June 24, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • LOTR_FAN

That wasn't Daniel Radcliffe – it was Elijah Woods. But they do resemble slightly....

June 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

Crap, that was the other kid wasn't it? Now that I think about it, they look pretty damn similar... sorry, have never watched a Potter film, have better things to do....

June 24, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

No they do not look similar.

June 24, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fremont

Gee Curt, you sure like commenting on this article, don't you? I'll bet if I said the Earth was round, you'd come back and say no, it's flat. Once a troll aways a troll I guess, eh Curt?

June 25, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Abberly

I thought JB was a girl too when I first heard him. He does not sound masculine at all.

June 24, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  156. Kelsie

2 all u bieber haters out there, F OFF MORONS!!!!!!!!!! IF U DON'T LIKE HIM JUST DON'T TALK ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Way to represent

We sure have a lot to look forward to if you represent the core of the Justin Bieber fan base...

It's a good thing you don't.

June 24, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • maggie

Calm down, dear. Donny Osmond did this shtick 40 years ago, we all screamed and yelled and bought his records. These guys all grow up and so do their fans. There's a lot more to music than Justin Bieber.

June 24, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

Kelsie, Kelsie, Kelsie.....it's not OK to stop taking your meds.

June 24, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Kelsie is a few fries short of a happy meal.

June 24, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Christina

This is top news?

June 24, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

This isn't top news. I checked the main page and it actually says "latest news" so I would have to say you misread that part.

June 24, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  158. ELLE

HAHA. Love it. I don't think I've ever heard a Justin Bieber song (nor do I want to), but kudos to Radcliffe for speaking in honesty. Radiohead rules and so does Lady Gaga. I'm now an even bigger Daniel Radcliffe fan after having read this article!

June 24, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  159. Josh

I think I'm starting to like the British. at least they can can see that Bieber is a girl and a loser

June 24, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  160. heather

I sure hope this justin beiber thing goes away fast. He is so annoying. I confuse these tween dols all the time, for example my husband thought the Jonas Brothers were miley cyrus. lol

June 24, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  161. He is a little girl...

I thought Bieber was a girl too...have never heard his music, but I'd see ads on Myspace and wherever...thought the dude was a chick. I don't need to hear his music to know I won't like it.

June 24, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  162. URDUM

You are all idiots if you spend this much time dissecting a tiny article in order to prove your grammatical prowess. Please spend the rest of the day looking up words like "prowess" and arguing over whether I used the correct form of the word "whether" in this sentence.

June 24, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

You're an idiot for pointing it out. Once you start posting and debating on these boards, you should realize there's never a clear-cut winner.

June 24, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Ms. Grammar

Thank you!!! Enough already!

June 24, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Jacob

My respect for Daniel Radcliffe skyrocketed the moment I read the name "Radiohead."

June 24, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  164. Yep

Sounds like a girl. Looks like a lesbian I used to work with. He could be a chick.

June 24, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  165. Locode

He also loves the chick in Hanson.

June 24, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Sweet

I remember the first time I saw Mmm-Bop on a T.V. in the student lounge and asked who those girls were....

June 24, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Quagmire

I liked the girl in Hanson, too.

June 24, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  166. Bigbill427

He should change his name to Justine..

June 24, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  167. Wazinoz

Im not convinced Beiber isn't still a girl. Show me the birth certificate then we can talk.

June 24, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  168. Michael

Daniel Radcliffe is an awesome guy.

June 24, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  169. Lk

Justin wears make up, sings like a girl, has a girly hair do
    I think he is on his way to come out of the closet.
    Wait maybe he is transgender.

June 24, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  170. Birdawg

They said the same things about Leif Garrett 30 years ago.... look at the pretty girl....on the cover of every teen beat mag......Justin Beiber will be just like him,. When the fame starts fading away.... so will his money....and just like Leif, you can find him shootin up in the park ...... until he gets a spot on World's Dummest vol. 78.

June 24, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  171. Corvus1

Justin who?

June 24, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  172. tweeens

MMMMM BOP

June 24, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  173. MrsFizzy

Well, robinc they "made you look"!

And I don't think Daniel Radcliffe has anything to be embarrassed about (in this case). Some "pop culture" it's not a bad thing to be out of the loop about!

June 24, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • robinc

Well, MrsFizzy, just because I looked, doesn't mean this should be a news headline.

June 24, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Actually I agree with you but very little surprises me on CNN. At least it should have been buried under the Entertainment section, not listed with the "real" news headlines (as it was) ... you would think.

June 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

They put all these articles under "Latest News." It's unfortunate that these articles get mixed in with stuff like the BP oil spill. It's just something you got to brush off and let go... CNN, as with many other news outlets, have lost sight of what's important... I've already gotten used to it. At least they call this the "Marquee Blog" instead of "Breaking News."

June 24, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • robinc

You're right MrsFizzy. I can't believe I keep clicking on this story to see the comments. Have to get back to work. Take care.

June 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  174. wow

WHAT?? justin Beiber is a boy?? really??/ jeeeeeeesus

June 24, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  175. ROBERTO PENDEJO

I SAW RADCLIFF ON STAGE –ALL THOSE BRITS HAVE SMALL PEEPEES.

June 24, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  176. PauletteB

She isn't?

June 24, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  177. CR

You mean, he's not??!!?!

June 24, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  178. abigail

It is amazing how many people cannot read. The article distinctly refers to bieber as the tween, NOT Radcliffe. READ, do not skim. That being said, I find it embarrassing that bieber is Canadian. He looks like a girl, or an extremely effeminate gay male, and his voice? My god..I was curious so listened to about 30 seconds of it on youtube, he sounds like a little girl. He is a child with wierd hair and hopefully will just go away because I for one, and sick of seeing him in the news. Radcliffe on the other hand is an accomplished actor for his age, both film and stage, has his head on straight, and is a nice looking young man.

June 24, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • The Word - FELLOW

Does this word not mean anything to you while reading it?

June 24, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • MRT

Let's go ahead and put a moratorium on the "tweener" debate. Mmmk? The important thing here is to remember that many people think Bieber is a girl/girlish. Hopefully, if we are lucky, this will speed up his imminent fall to rehab and eventual demise into obscurity. Perhaps he will take other talentless human wastes like Usher with him.

June 24, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristin

"He looks like a girl, or an extremely effeminate gay male." So you're saying that being "effeminate" makes you gay? Are they one in the same? I find that to be pretty ignorant and offensive. Perhaps, also, YOU are the one who should READ an entire article rather than SKIM it, because the article clearly uses the word "fellow," which implies they are referring to both Daniel and Justin.

June 24, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  179. BRENDA VAN HASSELBAD

RADCLIFF IS RIGHT UGLY AY MATE?

June 24, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  180. Kayla

I so agree with Daniel when I first heard Bieber I thought it was Beyonce or some other female singer.

June 24, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  181. robert - dallas

i don't blame him...so did i.....

June 24, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  182. stone

I have never heard him, but I have seen his picture, and with his hair, he LOOKS like a little girl.

June 24, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  183. Rose

I did too. Until I _finally_ saw a video -threw me for a loop.

June 24, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  184. frank

I can honestly say I don't care ,but Radcliffe mustr have issues or wouldn't have brought it up

June 24, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • abigail

Why would you say he had issues Frank? Have you ever been asked questions by a celebrity reporter? They ask stupid questions; not about economy, environment, politics, but they ask about other celebrities and fashion. Stupid questions and I'm glad Radcliffe told the truth about his impression of bieber

June 24, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  185. robinc

I can't believe this is a news headline.

June 24, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  186. Ashley

@Jebhan
    Actually tween is used as a description of kids who are "between" being kids and teens, hence, "tween"...

June 24, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • azaba

@ Ashley: While your comments have cracked me up, it should be pointed out to you that the work English is capitalized. :)

June 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • azaba

*word, HA!

June 24, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |

@Azaba
      True, true.... Sorry, speak French also, and in French, when you write the names of languages, they are not capitalized...

June 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  187. A Word To The Wise

I sincerely hope that none of the pop starts I like (possibly 2) EVER do songs or videos with Justin Beiber – total suicide!!! This kid is just annoying to me; he sings about crap while having little to no life experience on many of the subjects. Perhaps if he sang about getting his DL or learner's permit ~ wait do they get that in Canada at 16?

June 24, 2010 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

LOL, yes we can get our learner's at 16 here... And I hope Usher isn't one of the artist you like, cause they have a single out together....

June 24, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Eve

Don't a lot of people sing about things they've never experienced? Pretty sure they do...JB isn't the only one....Is that the best insult you have?

And yes, we can get our license at 16, so what if he doesn't have it? He's got drivers and such, hell, if I had someone to drive me around, I wouldn't have my car now.

June 24, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  188. tanya kristine

I didn't think it was possible for me to love Daniel anymore; but , i do. hahahah....funny!

June 24, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  189. hoserlad

As a Canadian, I want to apologize on behalf of my nation for inflicting Justing Bieber on you. We're also terribly sorry about Celine Dion.

June 24, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

As a fellow Canadian, I apologize also... I hang my head in shame to know he's one of ours....

June 24, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • hey

are you apologizing for that dead luger,also....Yet

June 24, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

Only if you apologize for the collapse of the world markets, the war in Iraq (Afghanistan is cool, they did attack you) etc etc etc....

June 24, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • hey 2

OK,but yougot be sorry for the opening ceremony,too–lol ((ashley))

June 24, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

It's ok, you've got good beer, eh.

June 24, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |

@hey, hey2
      LOL, I'll give you that one, but just think, It coulda been worse, they could have had Bieber there singing, ha ha.

June 24, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |

@ Jules
      We have to have good beer, we have to put up with people like Beiber, lol.

June 24, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

@Ashley – good point. He does sound like he's got a hockey stick up the wazoo, doesn't he?

June 24, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |

@Jules
      Lol, maybe if he pulls it out he'll sound like a dude...

June 24, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Sir Loin of Beef

LOL....once his voice changes, he'll sound like Miley Cyrus.

June 24, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  190. To Coolguy123

Hey coolguy123 you are so jealous is not even funny,i bet YOU are de fugly one.Daniel Radcliffe is 1000 times better than you.Grow up dude.

June 24, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  191. Tom

I also thought he was a girl. He sure looks like one.

June 24, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  192. Brittany

Why is this on CNN entertainment news? Its not that important : /

June 24, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
    • little ol' lady

I agree with Brittany. This Bieber person must have a strong PR machine behind him or he'd be still sitting in Ontario. He/it doesn't have the talent to be anywhere but back on the block.

June 24, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

In case you haven't noticed... most of the Marquee Blog articles aren't exactly "important news."

June 24, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Fremont

@lol – what do you expect from someone named Brittany?

June 24, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

LOL FREMONT!!!

June 24, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  193. LB

I still think Bieber's a chick...

June 24, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  194. cvguy

Unless you are a 12yr old girl...why SHOULD or WOULD you know about this Bieber dude? Really...is THIS what American Pop culture has become...the idolization of teen pop singers and their underaged fans? Radcliffe is a damned MAN for gods sake...if he had known squat about this I'd have worried.

June 24, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  195. To JIM

You say that because you don't know the definition to "fellow".

June 24, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  196. little ol' lady

Bieber better cash in while he can. When his voice changes, he's done.

June 24, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  197. Gabe

@Jim

No, you are wrong. "Fellow" is an adjective here. It makes no sense for it to be a noun. Fellow only refers to someone being male when it is a noun. Here, look on dictionary.com.

–adjective
    13.
    belonging to the same class or group; united by the same occupation, interests, etc.; being in the same condition: fellow students; fellow sufferers.

So the article is pointing out that they are BOTH tween idols. But yes, you are correct that they are not calling either a tween; tween refers to the fans.

June 24, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

Thank you, finally someone who can read proper english....

June 24, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • BB

I noticed Jim stopped commenting ever since he was called out on his mistake.

June 24, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

LOLThat usually happens when you call people out for being morons while at the same time exposing your own idiocy...

June 24, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  198. Jules

Gotta say, even though I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan, except for the fact that Emma Watson grew up nicely, I'm going to have to follow this guy's career a little more closely now. He's got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

June 24, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  199. Isaiah

HAHAAH, that's awesome. Bieber is more of a girl than "Lady" Gaga. Great quote by Radcliffe.

June 24, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  200. Birdawg

Lola.....LaLaLaLa Lola......LaLaLaLa Looooolaaaa!

June 24, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  201. Post Master

If it sound like a girl, Has hair like a girl, its trying toooooo hard to show the world he like girls (women in the case of Kim K.) and dress like a girl then yes Ricky Martin you are gay!!! mark these words..... I'm not saying he's not gonna get married. I'm not saying he's not gonna have kids. If it does happen, his wife is gonna come home, and find him with his Tiajuana lover clubbing each other with Yanni's greatest hits. Just saying

June 24, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  202. zaw

Who is Justin Bieber?

June 24, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  203. Jim

You dimwits. NOTHING says Radcliffe is a tween, or a tween idol. It refers to Bieber. Even you people correcting the first moron are getting it wrong.

June 24, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

Actually, it refers to Radcliff as Bieber's "fellow tween idol", as in he is also a tween idol, who's the moron now?

June 24, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • kaisersouse

PAHAHAHA. Idiot. Reading comprehension...try it sometime!

June 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  204. coolguy123

Bieber is a girl... but who is harry potter one to call him one?!? Look at him! He's 10 folds uglier than Bieber.

June 24, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  205. ScottyB85

This made me laugh.

June 24, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  206. Derek

I thought Bieber was a little lesbian. He looks like a butch girl with a semi-fem haircut.

June 24, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

TMZ has a funny article about a lesbian being confused for him, it's hilarious....

June 24, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  207. Daniel Radcliffe

Abra Kadabra, Alakazaam!! Now he's a she!! Anyone got a condom?

June 24, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • haha

Now that's funny, he's a wizard and he's casting a spell. funniest comment on the board this morning.

June 24, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • dumb it down

thanks for the explaination haha

June 24, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  208. Kelley

I seriously have never heard anything Justin Bieber sings... I had no idea who he was until someone freaked out that I'd never heard of him. Ho hum – yet another fly-by-night tweeny bopper.

June 24, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie

Me too, Kelley. I have no idea what he sings, I just know I am sick of hearing his name.

June 24, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  209. real dude with an adams apple

well, i still believe radcliffe is a woman, look mommy all of radcliffe's photos show no adams apple, whats that mean?

June 24, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  210. william robert

they guy in the pic above looks like a girl.....right??

June 24, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  211. you

I just Googled Justin Bieber looked at some pictures and he does look like a girl who is trying to dress like a boy.

June 24, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  212. DEW

He is a girl.

June 24, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  213. Billybob

you mean he is not a girl??

June 24, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  214. Ashley

@ Maggie B

Fellow in this case does not mean he is a dude, it means he is also a tween idol.....

Does no one understand properly written articles anymore? Too much Twittering, people forget how to read real English..

June 24, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  215. Jessica

I dont feel so bad anymore that I thought he was a girl the first time I heard him too. SO TIRED of the hair swooshing. I understand when people swoosh their hair OFF their face, but swooshing it ON your face? really?

June 24, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason B.

Heck, I'm to the point of wanting to take Bieber, the cast of the Twilight movies, and most of the rest of the current "drool-inducing" guys out there, tying them down, and shaving their unkempt shaggy mops. You make that much money...see a freaking barber once in a while. And really, you can afford a comb.

June 24, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
    • M

My god folks! Its 2010 and people are still bothered by long hair? HAHAHA

June 24, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  216. Huff

Reminds of years ago when Hanson was the new tween idol. I thought it was 3 girls singing.

June 24, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeannie

and that remins me og Quagmire saying he thought Taylor Hanson was a chick and he wanted to sleep with "her."

June 24, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • maggie

Well, the one Hanson kid LOOKED like a girl back when they first came on the music scene.

June 24, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

I'm totally with you on that. I had a friend who was horribly embarassed when he found out they were guys. He was hanging out with one of his friends and Hansons music video MmBop shows up on the TV. He tells my friend " Hey, that drummer chick is pretty hot!" It all went downhill from there.

June 24, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe Blow

Hanson...those chicks are hot

June 24, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Don't forget the Nelson twins.

June 24, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Totally

How about Michael Jackson when he first started out – or later for that matter

June 24, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boof

Donnie Osmond!!

June 24, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boof

...or Donny Osmond

June 24, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  217. kaisersouse

@Lacey...that line refers to him being an idol FOR tweens (moron).

June 24, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  218. Siavm

I thought he was a girl the first time I heard him too. I think most people without seeing him thinks he is a girl. He has ok music though.

June 24, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  219. me

totally. this guy is smart

June 24, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  220. B

A lot of people, myself included, before learning that Justin Bieber was the artist of that one song that we've all heard way too many times, thought a girl was singing.

June 24, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Eve

I defintely thought so too...I'm from Canada and I saw his first video "One Time"...and I thought he was a girl that was a 'tomboy'....Now that he is going through puberty he sounds like more of a boy....Truth is...I like this kid..haha...I defintely have 'Bieber-fever'...I could be bias though because I am from Canada...Everyone has their own taste, no big deal if someone or someones don't like him, right? :).

June 24, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • ps in seattle

To me he just always sounds congested. Maybe he should blow his nose.

June 24, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • EyeH8Obama

Eve, at least you still have Rush, and may I say, they've put out the most intense music ever...the two singles they've released blow EVERYONE out of the water...especially this "Justin Bieber." I'll trade you Coheed for Rush, and I'll give you ANYONE you want if just to kill Nickleback. Peace.

June 24, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  221. Lacey

I don't care about this artcle aside from them calling Radcliffe a tween. What? He's 20, morons.

June 24, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • B

u mad

June 24, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Lord Gaga

I think what they are saying is that he IS an idol to the tweeners. Not that he is a tween himself.

Just my two cents.

June 24, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Maggie B

The article refers to Bieber being a tween, not Radcliff. Fellow refers to Bieber being a male.

June 24, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

They didn't call him a tween, they called him a tween idol, as in he is idolized by tweens.... When calling people morons, better not to be one yourself....

June 24, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • TipTop

You're right, Lord Gaga. I've heard "tween idol" used before and it was always in reference to the age of the audience, not the star. (It's like "teen idol" - someone whose fans are teens.)

June 24, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul

Reading comprehension people ... "fellow tween idol". I guess some of you need an english translation of the english. It means they are both idolized by tweens, NOT that they are tweens themselves.

June 24, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Christian

Actually, they called Bieber, not Radcliffe, a tween. So, who were you calling a moron?

June 24, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Lacey, Justin Beiber is everything that is wrong with this world today. He needs to go back to where he came from. His horrible voice will taint our youth to death!!!!!!!

June 24, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Jebhan

Since "tween" is a conjunction of "twenties" and "teens", that would make Radcliffe a tween. Although I'm sure he'd prefer to be called a man instead of a tween.

June 24, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • nvno1

Actually "tween" refers to "in-between" ... as in between being a child and a teenager, i.e., 10,11,12-ish.

June 24, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Sharon O

Actually a 'tween' is a person in between a child and a teen - someone over the age of six and under the age of thirteen. So they are not a 'teen' so they are a 'tween'.

June 24, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Anon

This is not 4chan...

June 24, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • anon

it's just as vacuous as 4chan.

June 24, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • leecal

You're all morons.

June 24, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • jess

um unless i'm missing something...they refer to Bieber as a tween, not Radcliffe.

June 24, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • zzzoptical33

ACTUALLY...They call both Justin Bieber AND Daniel Radcliff tween IDOLS. The word IDOLS is the word you all are missing.

June 24, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ

Who is this Justin "Beiber" of whom you speak?

June 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • anonb

rules 1 and 2 guys

June 24, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  222. Boof

I like this guy.

June 24, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

Ditto Boof, ditto.

June 24, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • BB

I like him, too.

June 24, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Cat

I thought this was hilarious. That's exactly what I thought when I first SAW Bieber! Hahahahahahaha...

June 24, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Sebsays

Brilliant! :)

June 24, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

I also thought Bieber was a female just based on looks. Unless he dramatically develops masculine features over the next few years, we may conclude that there are some genetic abnormalities present. Maybe he/she is a hermaphrodite?

June 24, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

One more reason Harry Potter is better than Twilight.

June 24, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • bostonboston

Wow, Daniel Radcliffe picking on the only famous who's a bigger wimp than him. Real tough D.

June 24, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

I like this guy too.

And to be fair, I don't think any doctors have publicly declared WHAT bieber actually is... . It would probably be one of those cases where they need to bring in lots of medical professionals to clarify what's actually going on down there.

June 24, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cree

Me too, Boof.

June 24, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

Me too.

June 24, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

LMAO that is brilliant! but i dont get why everyone hates Justin Bieber his music is class, he just looks really young but he is still quite hott

June 24, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

beat down by daniel radcliffe.

June 24, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHRISTIAN WORLD

WATCH OUT, Christian World, the Hollywood kind is trying to destroy Bieber because he has the guts to wear a cross necklace in one of his concerts.

June 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHRISTIAN WORLD = WACKO

Lay off the drugs.

June 24, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boof

@Christian World – you're the reason why some species eat their young.

June 24, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • DblA31

Give it a rest ChristianWorld. I'm Christian and wear a cross. Plenty of GOOD artists do too. I certainly don't take any pride in Justin Bieber representing my faith.

June 24, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • biscuit

whats a justin beiber?

June 24, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lianne D

I too thought it was a girl singing. Then I couldn't beleive the kid was 16! Looks more like a 12 year old to me.

June 24, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • thatch2

I didn't know who Daniel Radcliff was til I saw his picture, so I'm out of it too, Dan ol' boy.

June 24, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Bieber's not a chick?

June 24, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnny Fever

Where's my Wiener , Wiener, Wiener Ohhhh

June 24, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick the...

Hilarious...

You know, there is a reason that there is a website called "Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber". Don't believe me?

June 24, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

Haha! Love it!

June 24, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • LIZ

THINK ABOUT THIS!

If justin bieber doesnt have a talent, no one would watch his you tube videos.

DUH.

WE LOVE YOU JUSTIN!!! DONT MIND THIS TALENTLESS IDIOTS. HAHAHAHAHAHA

June 24, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • ______________LIZZZY

-– Hey radcliffe, wheres you SOOO GAAYYY magic wand??? hahahahahahaha.

--- Justin Bieber is NATURALLY TALENTED AND CHARMING, thus MILLIONS OF YOU TUBE FANS. DUH!!!

June 24, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Martha

Ha, so do I. And who'd ever think that I, of all people, would like a Harry Potter dude.

June 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChoCho

LOL!! At least there's ONE teen who's not on the pop bandwagon! Yay, Daniel!!

June 24, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Demented Waltz

I knew I liked this guy, and the fact that he likes radiohead makes me like him even more.

June 25, 2010 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
    • mike d

it's not a girl??

June 25, 2010 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
    • D

LOL so true – my first thought also

June 25, 2010 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Alex Hernandez

Harry Potter is Gay

June 26, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • DarkHart05

@Liz
      ... Other than Usher, you mean?

December 4, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |