June 23rd, 2010

La Toya reunites with Bubbles the chimp

After 20 years of estrangement, La Toya Jackson has reunited with her late brother's pet chimp for an emotional Animal Planet documentary, "Michael Jackson & Bubbles: The Untold Story."

Jackson, 54, is seen visiting the Center for Great Apes in Florida, which 27-year-old Bubbles - who toured with Michael and appeared in his music videos - has called home since 2004.

Though Michael had been to the sanctuary several times before his death last year, this was the first visit by any other Jackson family member, reports the Highlands Today newspaper.

"Oh, I want to kiss you, I want to hug you but I know I can't because you're so big!" Jackson tells Bubbles before breaking down into sobs. "You remember me, don't you? I miss you, Bubbles."

"He looks the same to me," she says later in the documentary, which airs tonight. "The eyes, everything's the same. You see just a more mature person."

According to Highlands Today, Jackson's visit brought back memories of her brother. "She is still mourning her brother's death," said sanctuary director Patti Ragan, "and Bubbles reminded her of Michael."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Hateraide

IMicheal was a good perso. He donate more money to make a difference in this world than any of you can make in your life time and one thousand other life times. Get a grap, you haters need to find something to do, besides talk about someone who is atleast willing to do something positive. Do any of you own mirrors. I agree Latoya should never have gone to see bubbles, hell, it created memories in me. and I was just a fan. Look at your families, maybe some of you have animals you love.

September 11, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. phneutral

Oh boy, monkeys and clowns. I didn't know the circus was in town.

July 12, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Suz

MICHAEL FAKED HIS OWN DEATH. He is now his alter-ego, LaToya. (Seriously – I can't believe the similarities... same plastic surgery & everything...)

July 12, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael

I must say........Bubbles has "game"......oh, wait that's La Toya in this pic.....my bad!!!

June 25, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kevino Gracia

So...
    This is news?

June 24, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Scott

Bubbles the chimp is back with Latoya Jackson ending years of speculation regarding their relationship! This and other news including the invasion of Iran after these messages.

June 24, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MrsFizzy

I thought that Michael had a whole zoo at Wonderland ... is this going to be a series?? The whole family could get in on it that way.

June 24, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jangocat

What a dumb story. Chimps are wild animals and can not be trusted as pets. That poor woman had her face and hands bite off by one just because some fool wanted to keep a wild animal as a pet. There's nothing nice about the bubbles story. All Michael did was sentence this animal to a life in a cage at the sanctuary. It would have been much better off in the wild where it belongs.

June 24, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

I agree.. this all sounds warm & fuzzy (didn't see it) but I wonder how many people were influenced in Bubbles' heyday to want a little "pet" chimp of their own and what happened to those chimps. Some of them don't get the chance to attack people but do end up in cages all their lives. Bubbles at least is lucky in that respect. There's no good reason for anyone to able to "own" a wild animal.

June 24, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jo

I had to find an old pic just to see how much she really tweeked her face ..holy lord check this out:
    htttp://celebrityastrologyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/michael_latoya_jackson.jpg

June 24, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jo

LaToilet really needs to stop. That whole family is seriously disturbed.

June 24, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kris

Does she have a chin implant? I need to google older pictures of her and see. I dont remember her looking as freaky as she does now. Not to mention, she is looking lighter and lighter. Skin bleaching like Michael? She was an attractive woman at one time.... just like Michael, ruined her appearance. She used to sing and had a short career in the late 70s, early 80s, just like Rebbie. WHat a shame she turned into such a kook!

June 24, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sir Loin of Beef

She looks like 10 miles of bad road.

June 24, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mike Wilkins

MONEY, MONKEY? ,LAYTOYA?, Im sure Bubbles was equally happy to see her as well?

June 24, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

Which one is bubbles?

June 24, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hater

I think she had remembered the old days when her and bubbles used to mess around and bubbles used to tap that, also why she was calling out his name over and over and over, "bubbles....oh bubbles....oh bubbles but in her head she thinking OH Bubbles how Big you have got, hopeing to remind him of the horrors she put him through, dang monkeys scared for live, I am supprized he did'nt start to get sick or throw his dung at her lol.

June 24, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. Adrill

LOL LOL I shamefully admit that due to total boredom, I watched the show and laughed so hard, my lungs thanked me for the exercise. This woman is a nut, she laughed and cried, "Bubbles, Bubbles". Someone should have given her valium. Bubbles was probably glad there were bars between them. Her face probably scared the hell out of him.
    I think whoever produced this show should have their mental status checked. Anything for a buck!!

June 24, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  17. mjfan

listen michael jackson was the best man that has ever walked this earth. so I please suggest that you people don't talk behind his back. have mercy on him. Michael and janet are the only two jacksons that dont take advantage of people. R.I.P in MICHAEL JACKSON.

June 24, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  18. cathy

Bubbles is where he should be...well actually he should be in the wild with other chimps........i cant believe these so-called celebrities ....keeping wild animals as if they had a right....

June 24, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  19. jeff

As long as she doesn't blow bubbles, it will probably be ok.

June 24, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  20. Robin

BUBBLES IS SAYING, "AND YOU HAVE ME IN THE CAGE"

June 24, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Carlos

Could this be a mirror image of Tela Tequila 30 years from now? Still, nice boobs!

June 24, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  22. Derek

She looks better than most of the fat ugly manly women in their 50's I see walking down the street. Most look like they have given up on everytihng.

June 24, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  23. Jason

Cool show! Nice to see Bubbles...I wish Michael could have been there

June 24, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

Would be interesting to know how often Michael visited Bubbles, if ever.

June 24, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

OK so I didn't really bother to read the article that closely since it says Michael did visit him, at least!

June 24, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Vickie

Anything to be in front of the camera with her baby girl voice – she is phony – always has been – more so now!

June 24, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  25. restowman

Yeah, but she has more money than most of you, and you're clicking to read about her.

June 24, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  26. ballz

The only bubbles i see are below that wierd a$$ face

June 24, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  27. TJ

How come Latoya looks more like Michael Jackson after all the plastic surgery than before?

June 24, 2010 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  28. CV

Poor Bubbles....it must be so confusing......the LaToya he knew was a young black girl.....now she is an over botoxed white chick

June 24, 2010 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  29. Pestilent1

That's a nice picture of Bubbles above... too bad they couldn't take one of LaToya.

June 24, 2010 at 4:52 am | Report abuse |
  30. Sir Ious

Point of Order:
    Who gives a crap?

June 24, 2010 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  31. mark nyc

she needs to reunite with michael.

June 23, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Moonbeam

Maybe reconnecting with Bubbles did cause her to genuinely flash back to happier times with Michael, but I'm wondering why she never visited Bubbles before Michael's death.

June 23, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • California Ed

its the Dig-Him-Up-and-Lets-All-Make-Money tour.

As predicted, Michael is worth more to all of the hangers-on washed up family members dead that alive.
      Alive, he spent the money. dead, they get as second chance at celebrity and the $$$$.

June 24, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  33. Bubbles

Somebody.....anybody.....for the love of God....HELP ME!!!!!

June 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Pericles

I have never seen a family run so quickly to the cameras for publicity in the face of the death of a family member. They are disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

June 23, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. RickyParkSuperintendant

Bubbles? Trailer Park Boys Rock, eh!?

June 23, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  36. james

I saw it last night..its on again tonight. I hate to admit it but the sobbing Latoya with poor gray hair Bubble put a tear in my eye. Poor Bubbles was livin it up baby, gourmet food, mansions, jets and probably babes...now look at him !!!

June 23, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • DERRICK

IT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE, TOO. NOT FOR THE MONKEY, BUT BECAUSE I KNEW LATOYA WAS MISSING HER BROTHER AND BUBBLES JUST BROUGHT MICHAEL BACK TO HER. HELL, I MISS HIM, TOO.

June 23, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Chris

lets face it, its been confirmed... she is a tranny.

June 23, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. KA

Wow! sometimes I think Blogs and posts are created for the losers! smh. It's always the ones who have nothing better to do than post something negative. It's pretty plain and simple, if you don't like it, or don't have an interest in it, don't post a comment! For example, I'm not posting anything on politics because I don't care for it.

June 23, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • cv

KA this was created for you.....since you obviously have taken moments of your life to respond too!

June 24, 2010 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  39. Too Bad

Too bad he didn't rip her head off.

June 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  40. SillyKat

What is wrong with all of you people? What's with all of the negative comments about her, her brother, and Bubbles? What in your life is making you so incredibly mean and brutal? God help YOU...seriously. You're the ones who need it. So terribly sad for you to be so bitter...and so petty. Go find a little happiness will you please?

June 23, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • DERRICK

SILLYKAT, I AGREE WITH YOU 100%

June 23, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • ballz

"I fart in your general direction"
      Youre right – that monty python quote did help me find happiness, thanks

June 24, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • jean

I wholeheartedly agree. Are there really this many hateful, mean-spirited people with nothing but mean-spirited
      comments about others? Are you that mean-spirited or that miserable with yourselves?

June 24, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maryann - Orlando FL

I also agree, SillyKat. The internet just makes people say things they wouldn't say to someone's face, so it allows all the nastiness they can think up. Cowards.

I read these message boards and it makes me happy that I don't personally know any of them. If I knew some of these people who are so hateful, I'd probably kill myself.

Wait for it:...snarky comment asking me to kill myself in 3...2...1....

(the hateful ones are SO predictable)

June 24, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. nancy

good lord,, reading some of these posts,,,, some of you are just plain hateful,,, michael is gone,, and the world stopped,, a very sad moment in pop culture,,,, i still cry thinking michael is gone,,, its a part of our childhood that has left us,,,,,, so to all of you haters of the jackson family,, you should be ashamed of yourselves,,,, michael was the greatest entertainer of all time,, there will never be another one like him ever,, irreplaceable,,,, so grow up you haters,,, and look within your own empty shell of a life,, what have you done?????????

June 23, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  42. tonyg

Why are some people mean for no reason? Hurting people, hurt people.

June 23, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Joe

Oh, for Heaven's sake!

June 23, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jay Kay

I'm just glad he didn't rip off her face.

June 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • foil

says who?

June 23, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ballz

If the monkey didnt rip off her face, SOMEONE did. Woot for over-the-counter teenage boobs though. At least the surgeon did something right

June 24, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  45. **(((&%^

Who cares about Michael Jackson. The man was a freak of nature. Yes, he was a humanitarian, but other than that he was a weirdo.

June 23, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Completely agree with you what a total FREAK. Tired of all the tributes to Michael Jackson. It wasn't like he was doing gods work.

June 23, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

So, John... are YOU doing God's work?

June 23, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

What a shame to see that school is out for the summer.

June 23, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jene

She's not aging well.

June 23, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • WOW....really?

Well her face isn't, but by the looks of it, plastic surgery has kept those breasts nice and young.

June 23, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Eric Nicolas

What is it about the Jackson family that causes plastic surgery to fail them so?

June 23, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  48. MRLUCK

she looks like she was run over by a big truck

June 23, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Noneya

I live 45 minutes away from the Center for Great Apes and I have a friend that works there...the stories I have heard about the way those animals behave there are super scary, I give huge props to the keepers! It's so sad what people have done to them by TRYING to domesticate them.

June 23, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • rematenaj

I agree – props to your friend and all the other keepers.

June 23, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • david

i wouldn't get near a chimp, monkey or whatever for anything.. after I saw what that 200lb chimp did to that one womans face, YUCK. Search youtube up and see for yourself, the disfigured (thats being polite) woman was on Oprah about the attack. Why do people insist on domesticating animals and turning them into animal acting side show attractions??

June 24, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  50. JCC

That was SO STUPID!! Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? (Crying hysterically for a minute) Bubbles? Bubbles? You remember me Bubbles? You do don't you Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles?

Give me a break!! La Toya can always manage to find a way to try and cash in on something....... No one cares La Toya!!

Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? Bubbles? ....................

June 23, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wow

Was it really that necessary to repeat "Bubbles" over 10 times? Or, did you run out of things to say?

June 23, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • scribble

I saw the show. LaToya whined "Bubbles..." over and over. I think her reaction ruined what was generally a well done program. BTW, Bubbles didn't recognize her AT ALL. No reaction whatsoever.

June 24, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  51. RmplShatNut

Poor chimp.

June 23, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • guinevere

Not anymore. The lady who runs The Center for Great Apes is an AMAZING person who treats her apes incredibly well. Basically, her goal was to create a place for apes who were used in show business or bought as pets and then outgrew their owners or trainers and were no longer able to be controlled. Every ape in that place is treated with the utmost respect, and it's quite fantastic.

There was a story about her and the Center in Spirit Magazine (Southwest Airlines–don't judge me) a couple of years ago.

June 23, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  52. blk

i enjoyed the show a great deal as well and was moved when latoya seemed to "make contact" with bubbles..im sure that brought back memories of happier times when her brother was alive....GREAT JOB!!

June 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • saskgirl

circus is right MJs life was a circus (and all the kids he abused probaly have circus lives) and to take a chimp that is not meant to be a media circus pet and discard him when he is no longer cute tsk tsk

June 23, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrsFizzy

A chimp should never have been a "pet" in the first place but because Michael wanted one, there you go. At least he ended up in a good sanctuary, probably the best you can hope for since didn't seem an option to release him to the wild. At least he won't hurt someone & just get shot. I just wonder when Bubbles was with Michael, how many people were inspired to want their own "baby" chimp and how those chimps ended up. :(

June 24, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Sharon

LaToya: I watched the show and enjoyed it! When Patti stated how Bubbles reacts to "new" people he sees I wondered.....When you saw Bubbles and his look to you, how warm it was...Wonderful and glad you made the trip!

June 23, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Ltha

Beauty & the Beast ? or Beast & the Beauty ???-who is beauty ??

June 23, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  55. MoMoney69

Which one is the monkey or the donkey?

June 23, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  56. zippy258

HAHAHAHAHAHA...she is such a dope. Its even funnier to hear/watch clips of her crying over seeing Bubbles again. Now she is a media wh*re.

June 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • rematenaj

Haven't you ever loved an animal or pet? Your comment is just meanspirited.

June 23, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • KM

You could knit a sweater with that chin.

June 24, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

Yeah, I stumbled on this on Animal Planet the other night. She seemed so "forced" in her actions and words. Fakish comes to mind!

June 24, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Hater

Man, this chicks uglier than Lady Gaga.

June 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Bigbill427

Maybe they hit the strip clubs together as a act..

June 23, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • yrowe

lets hope not she's as old as dirt and plastic melts under high heat; would be a great comedy act though.

June 23, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • YoungSinatra

None of you guys have any heart at all. We know the whole family is crazy. But poor La toya and Janets eggs dried up before they got a chance to have kids of there own:( Thats sad.

June 24, 2010 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  59. LBW

She said that monkey reminds her of her brother. That could really be taken the wrong way.

June 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |