June 23rd, 2010

Jake & Vienna's split: He said, she said

For two people who said they'd appreciate privacy after their breakup, neither of them have been very private.

Both Jake Pavelka, 32, and Vienna Girardi, 24, are on nearly every celebrity weekly magazine cover, supposedly spilling details about where it all went wrong.

But it seems, just like with most break-ups, there isn’t a lot of consensus on why it ended, and each weekly is telling a slightly different story. Read on for who said what in which weekly.

Ok!: “Vienna & Jake: It’s over!”

First, there’s the story that Vienna cheated with some guy from “Greek” while Jake was working, but Vienna told Ok! – through a source close to her – that she didn’t do it.

“Greek” actor Gregory Michael told Ok! he had no idea who Vienna was until later, but added that yes, he’d like to hook up with her again.

Us Weekly: “Bachelor Backstabber: Vienna cheated!”

Then, there’s the story that Vienna not only cheated, but broke up with Jake over the phone, according to Us Weekly. (At least she didn't text? Or worse - leave a PostIt note!)

Jake said he was “shocked” when Vienna did her “it’s not you, it’s me” speech via phone, since he had no idea she was enjoying the company of the “Greek” actor, Gregory Michael.

Gregory Michael told Us that they made out over the weekend, and she was clear she wasn’t with the “Bachelor” guy.

Vienna had no comment.

Life & Style: “Vienna caught with another man!”

Once again, Vienna is the one who reportedly was unfaithful, but this time, not with the “Greek” guy: Life & Style reports that Vienna actually still had feelings for her ex-boyfriend, Lee Smith. Vienna’s stepmother denies the cheating allegations, saying the only proof Jake has is an “innocent” photo of Vienna at an event, and he just wants to play the victim role.

Vienna, Jake and the guy from “Greek” had nothing to say in this one.

Star: “‘Jake’s a Monster!’”

In Star, Vienna provides an "exclusive tell-all" interview saying they hadn't been intimate in months and that Jake was "cruel" to her puppy. She claims Jake made light of her Pomchi’s dire health conditions, which were brought on when Vienna sent the dog to her parents house because Jake complained it was too noisy and shed too much.

The dog became sick with separation anxiety, lost a lot of weight and had to be hospitalized, Vienna told Star. Jake’s response, according to Vienna? “ 'Oh, I'm sooo sorry your dog is so spoiled that she can only maintain one relationship at a time.' ”

We're hoping Jake will address this animal cruelty issue in the People magazine cover story, which should explain why he left Vienna.

At the root of it, according to People's cover? "Jealousy killed" their love.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Jenny

Tenley is way prettier.. Vienna had big black rings under her eyes.. And always looked dirty..messy hair.. What were you thinking?

September 2, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. marquee.blogs.cnn.com

Jake viennas split he said she said.. Retweeted it :)

April 17, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. Kat

Jake is sooooo fake. What I foney. I knew he was when he was on with Jillian. He also seems abusive and controlling. All the other girls lucked out by not being picked and I bet you he picked Vienna because she would be easier to hurt than the others since everyone was talking about her on the show anyway. Yes she did keep interupting Jake in the interview but that is because he was full of crap! He was lying the whole time and he only went flying that day so he could say that he went flying since she called him out about being a pilot. I am not one to get online to comment about anyone, but he is just sooo fake that I can't believe people would believe what he has to say. I believe her and she should have never said saorry to him for anything she said because she was right. He did not even care how hurt she was and show any emotion towards her whatsoever. He only did this to get famous, what a loser and an abuser.

July 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bebe

Jake seemed like a nice guy on Dancing with the Stars; but he acted like a jerk on Bachelor showdown with Vienna.
    She acted like a jealous schoolgirl; but he didn't have to act like an overbearing jerk to her. I wanted to see him go places on T V and if he does I will not be a follower.

July 7, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Cy

Actually after watching the "break up interview it is so obvious that Jake is a misogynist. There is something really wrong with him emotionally. I thought Vienna was a so tacky and maybe she is, but anyone could tell she was telling the truth and he is the big liar that she said he is. Vienna you are lucky to have escaped early and Tenley got lucky. Maybe Jake really is gay. he clearly is in it for the fame. Don't balme yourself girl , he is messed up!!

July 6, 2010 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. crystal

I think Jake is an A**. He is a liar, you can tell by his expressions.

July 6, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. Scarlett

I am so disappointed in Jake....and need to vent. He starts off talking tonight, and it was all about him. I believe Jake got used to being "the chosen one" and all the girls flocking around him, all the attention, being on DWS was an ego-booster, but totally left Vienna out. She tried to be supportive, but he was insensitive in making sure she felt validated. He won't make a good husband until he learns how to make a woman feel she's important to him. Women are responders. If a guy is silent, it's very hard for a woman to respond....no matter how long they've been together.

July 6, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ron

I can't believe ABC gave Vienna the time of day. She is one of the most spoiled girls I have ever seen on that show. She got to say everything she wanted to say without being interrupted. Every time Jake opened his mouth to speak, she shoved herself right back into the conversation. After a few month of that kind of abuse I would be yelling and throwing things too. I can truly see why no one from her home town had anything good to say about her. I've never seen anyone behave like that on any other show except Crossfire when all of the Politicians talk at the same time. The most disrespectful display I have ever seen. Go Home Vienna to your smelly dog.

July 6, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Malik

Jake should shut up and appreciate Vienna! Never badmouth the woman he said he loved. It really reflects bad on him. Can someone tell him to state the positive things Vienna brought to him. "Not only did he say that he had found the soul mate, compassionate wife!"

July 5, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • patty

Vianna is a letch-she wanted hollywood to come calling-she is aragont and a lier who doesn't let anyone get a word in edgewise-thank god he had the sense to get out of it-to bad she was such a phjoney and sucker him in-he had some nice gals who would have loved him.

July 5, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jacquie

Oooops, before pleetyeyebrow complains I left out the word 'like' concerning Vienna, I did not actually like her before.

July 5, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jacquie

Having watched them just now on TV I now know I was right before.... Jake is an idiot, a liar and a very strange guy. I did not actually Vienna before but I believe she is telling the truth of it all. As if I was really interested.

July 5, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • patty

Yes jake was an idot to choose a PHONEY like vianna who wasoking for a hollywood contract-she needs a jaw job-Ali would have been a much better suitor-any of the other girls were really beautifull inside and out-he sure got sucker,,,,,,

July 5, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pleetyeyebrow

The most upsetting thing in this article is the fact that the author wrote of couple (in the first paragraph) that "neither of them have been very private," when any student of English knows it should be "neither of them HAS been very private." There is an implied "one" after the word "neither" (i.e. neither one), and you wouldn't say "neither one have been private."

If children are ever going to learn proper English (and, good luck with that, these days!), is it too much to ask that our media writers, anchors and reporters set a good example, by speaking English correctly?

June 26, 2010 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Michele

So, now it's considered animal cruelty to not want your fiance's spoiled obnoxious dog around your house? Big deal, so he isn't sorry that the dog has anxiety. Give the dog some prozac and call it a day.

June 25, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Pamela

Jake wasn't looking for someone serious...he picked Vienna b/c he knew she would be the easiest to dump. All he cares about is a career in show business, & figured he wouldn't get much grief when they broke up since nobody really liked her anyway. I think he's a total Loser, & that Tenley girl should be thanking her lucky stars she didn't get picked. And, for everyone who's said it, my Gaydar really goes off with him too!

June 25, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. guesty

I agree with Christine...He is gay!!

June 24, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sleepless in Sheboygan

... Al & Tipper split ... and now this ...
    ... How can I go on living? ...

June 24, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kareen

Let's face it Vienna, Jake is not that into you.
    Next stop is Kate Gosselin and TCL has to re-name the show. Jake & Kate plus 8

June 24, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Dimples

The only reason he chose her was because she gave it up to him and to ride out his 15 minutes of fame. He had no intention of choosing anyone. They were both on the show for their minutes of fame. That was the worst season of bachelor I've ever watched. Everyone was so fake.

June 24, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  19. Christine

When Jake was on the Bachelorette I thought he was gay. Then he did the Bachelor and I knew he was gay. You can't have a relationship with a woman when you really want to be with a man. And that's the reason why they broke up.

June 24, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  20. Stella

She looks like a man in drag!

June 24, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • MAEK

JAKE IS FAKE AND GAY.. HE JUST WANTED PUBLICITY AND BEING AN ACTOR.. WHEN HE CHOSE WIENNA HE SAID HE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION .. NOW HE IS PAYING FOR HIS ARROGANCE

June 25, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  21. sue

didn;t she get engaged to a pilot? now he's a tv star?

June 24, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Laurie G

Vienna may be a bit ditsy, but I think Jake is an arrogant spotlight hungry liar. And he ought to just fly his plane away from Hollywood and do us all a favor and not come back!!!!

July 5, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tgrand13

I was not a Vienna fan UNTIL NOW!!! Jake is the biggest joke & ABC & THE Bachelor should be embarrassed for giving this guy the time of day!!!
      HE'S AN ASS!!!

July 6, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  22. Nataly

He's GAY

June 24, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  23. gezz66

I think Bachelor and Bachelorette should be like American Idle, the viewers can vote off the people each week, hey we would do better then them....they never pick the right person...

June 24, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  24. Timme62

And here I had such high hopes that they would live happily ever after...yeah, NO!!

June 24, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  25. Johnny A

Who are these two people again? And what have they done to be famous again?

June 24, 2010 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  26. Debbie

Good Luck Jake, you made a bad choice and need to move on. I wish Vienne had stayed away from Dancing with the Stars, I think you would have had a real chance to win. With Vienne there, you didn't get the viewer votes needed to win.

June 24, 2010 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  27. amy

Jake is such an idiot...everyone knew Vienna wasnt right for him. He should've engaged tenley, i think they were a better match.

June 24, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  28. tony

Who cares? Who are these people?

June 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Robin

If the dog had separation anxiety when she sent it home.....why didnt she get it when Vienna was away on the show? I have heard both sides...he said she said....now we want the truth of what really happened.

June 23, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kareen

Just remember if Jake should read this. Kate Gosselin is very lonely and she had a crush on you during DWS!
    See? Another show. Kate and Jake + 8

June 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darlene

You have got to be kidding! Do u honestly think Jake needs a bossy, arrogant woman with 8 kids telling him what to do? Thanks for the laugh!

June 23, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • marya

haha that's a good one lol

June 25, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Kareen

2 good looking young people have to do a Reality show to meet their partner when we all know how real these shows truly are. ALL FAKE as the people who would go on such a show.

June 23, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Kelly

When the Bachelor ended last season and he chose Vienna I said to other friends that watched the show, I give thier relationship 3 to 6 months max.I knew from the get go it wouldnt last...See Jake chould have had Ali come back when she asked to return.Or you should have choosen Tenly.Your would have had a better shot at it lasting with one of them two...now your left in the dust....And Im over this end laughing at you...

June 23, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Connie

Vienna appears to be a very "needy woman" that would annoy a lot of men, she needs constant babysitting and reassurance, I would get fed up too, I think Jake is at a different maturity level than she is. Vienna – go find Les, and Jake, you know you should have chosen Tenley, she is prettier, and more maure, and not a cheater.

June 23, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ladybug

I think everyone probably saw this coming. Vienna and Jake are complete opposites. I know everyone says opposites attract, but Vienna is to young, and girly for Jake. Jake is a very motivated concentrated person with a lot going for him, while Vienna likes to have fun, and party it up. Who knows what really happened, but the thing is, it was obvious this wasn't going to last. But I will admit that I still love to watch the Bachelor and Bachelorette. It can get very stupid, but it's interesting and hilarious. Plus Ali is the best, and I hope what they've written in the magazines isn't true because she doesn't deserve any of that. GO ROBERTO!!!! "The Italian Stallion"

June 23, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Darlene

Roberto is Hispanic not Italian

June 23, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • VitaGirl

I knew from the first intro that Vienna was a joke. Anyone else think 'Materialistic Paris Hilton Type' from the first episode? She just wanted attention. Spoiled little daddy's girl!

June 23, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  35. june

Just a Tv show with people having a good time.

June 23, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Guest

Ugh, It's not surprising considering NONE of any Bachelor or Bachelorette relationships have been exceptionally successful (you may say jason and molly, but he still left melissa for molly). In fact I knew one of the Bachelor's on one of the seasons show and he was dumped by a girl who only wanted fame. Bachelor and Bachelorette isn't even worth watching anymore.

June 23, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Lisa D

Is there really anyone out there truly surprised at how this relationship ended?

June 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  38. tara

It's all fake anyway.......... who is not surprised that someone that was set up on a SCRIPTED tv show broke up?

June 23, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Emy

All reality shows with couples I wonder what the divorce/ break up rate is?

June 23, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Cindy Summerville

Oh wow....what a surprise. What should we expect. She probably realized after Disneyland was over and reality started to set it that it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine anymore. It's silly, those kinds of shows get the people caught up in theatrics and causes those who are involved to behave differently or be in a different frame of mind. It's not all sincere...finding a life mate is hard enough with out having to contend with having the process all played out in the public eye. It's a game of emotions and who they are most attracted too for whatever reason....I mean really, those people chose to be a part of that process, but it's hard I think to stay true and clear headed, and make sound decisions in a situation like that. Gosh, having so many men or women vying for your attention would be an ego burst for anyone....can't say I wouldn't enjoy having a group of guys around me like that, but then again I wouldn't be in that scenario to choose a life partner either.....how many of these couples from the Bachelor and Bachelorete are still together or married?

June 23, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • jillejo

3 couples out of 14 I believe.

June 23, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sharon M

Only 1 couple is still together, married with 2 children. They were from one of the very early seasons.

June 23, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • bambi

Trista/Ryan are together – Jason/Molly married recently on TV – I believe thats it – Byron/Mary broke up recently as did Charlie/Sarah (for the 2nd time)

June 24, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jim

Does Jake like women? Nice shirt there, Jake. Someone give this guy a lesson on how to dress. Sheesh.

June 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Hater

Tell us again.....Who are these people?

June 23, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. abigail

ex wife? I'm pretty sure they're not married...

June 23, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |