June 22nd, 2010

Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz bless unborn baby

A visibly pregnant Alicia Keys took the stage in South Africa last week to kick off the World Cup with a concert, but the superstar also made time for a Zulu blessing ceremony for her unborn baby, according to UK newspaper The Daily Mail.

Accompanied by her fiancé and father of her child, music producer Swizz Beatz, the five months pregnant Grammy-winner donned traditional jewelry and a blue robe for the blessing, which was held along South Africa's eastern coast in Durban.

Keys stood underneath a fig tree – also known as a healing tree to locals – and Alicia and the baby were both given new Zulu names in the ritual, which was performed by elder women in the community.

The singer, who had previously visited Africa in 2006, was chosen for the ceremony because of her contribution to the local children's charity, Bobbi Bear.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Maya Bailey

the voice of alicia keys is simply phenomenal and it is one of a kind',.

August 22, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. teresa, kent, ohio

I think its lovely to bless the unborn baby that they've made while he was still married. And i'm sure the Zulu mumbo jumbo means a whole lot to them both as theyre from that part of the world? not. I will never believe that Alicia is hetero.. I dont care how many babies she has or who she marries.

August 1, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. pickup

How's it going, you really saved me a boat load of time with all the information you have on this website. I found exactly what that I was looking for ty

July 25, 2010 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Lyla

I love you Alicia and I wish you well, but I don't think this was the best way. I'm might have done the same thing, who knows? but still doesn't make it right.

July 3, 2010 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. tosweet

People people everyone wants to say whats wrong are right, so in my opinion I believe a marriage can't be broken if it
    was meant to be. I feel like if a person is truly happy in thier marriage, then no one can come between that. Just look at all the people that been married for 20 plus years, their had to be some happiness their. I believe Alicia and Swizz could have waited to the divorce was final but lets face it people it still would have been a divorce.

June 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mariah Barnes

Alicia Keys has a crystal clear voice that sounds beautifully~;`

June 28, 2010 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. sharl sharl

We all search for some sort of happiness, comfort etc. The only persons who understand d situation r d ones directly involved. We r lookin at Alicia's situation from d outside....

June 26, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. stereodiskoe

Man, ...look at Swiss B ...he looks shady! ...you know this guys a dirt bag! what a shame, she could of had any producer or rapper ;P

June 26, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • stereodiskoe

Hey guys...can you erase this post...i am0 the real stereodiskoe, and i could care less who Alicia Keys wants to have a baby with! thanks, stereodiskoe > soundcloud.com/stereodiskoe

July 1, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Rarity

It is a shame that so many people have a "do whatever makes you happy mentality." Whatever happened to character, integrity, honoring one's commitments and having a moral compass? There is nothing in this world like the pain of being torn apart and betrayed by the person you vowed to spend the rest of your life with, and then having them flaunt their ill-gotten happiness all over the place. I hope none of you who think this behavior is ok have to experience the other end of it first hand. Didn't Alicia have a song a while back called Karma? Funny.

June 25, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim

I wish Alicia all the blessings for her baby. It's just a shame that the father is that guy. Guys like him don't change..Alicia will just be another woman (she won't be the last) in a long line of women he's knocked up. Apparently the man doesn't know how a rubber functions.

June 23, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. JASMINE RICHMOND VA

I WISH HER MUCH LUCK AND SHE WILL NEED IT. I DON'T WISH BAD ON NOBODY BUT BOTTOM LINE, THAT MAN WAS MARRIED WHEN ALL THIS STARTED, AND SHE SHOULD KNOW FROM A PERSON WHO LIVED THE NIGHTMARE OF HAVING MY HOME WRECKED BY A HOME WRECKER AS A CHILD. YOU WILL LOSE HIM THE SAME WAY YOU GOT HIM.. I STILL LOVE HER AS A ARTIST BUT AS A WOMAN SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER.. BUT HOPE YOU HAVE THE INNOCENT BABY ON MY BDAY OF NOV.18!!!!

June 23, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. The Truth Hurts

I agree with Cleepa 100%! Thanks for keeping it real and NOT judging. No one is perfect, especially in today's world and our so called relationships. We simply do what feels right and what makes us happy at that moment. Simply KNOW the rules to the game, and THEN you can play the game! Then you won't be so surprised. Go head Alicia ...Go head
    In relationships, you are bound to be hurt by someone you are in a relationship at some point in your life. That's real...NOT media talk. Do what makes you happy. Who really knows about his or her previous relationships.

June 23, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. Cleepa

In the heat of the moment, no one thinks about any of these concerns(your replies) unless you just aren't doing "it" right. I bet Swiss say it was da bom A in bed! I saw Alicia up close and personal and I know I would have hit it raw too!

June 23, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. CSJ

The man is married and this is really sad. Alicia Keys should really be ashamed of herself.

June 23, 2010 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  15. LTJ

Some men father babies from different women - I have elderly aunts in there 80's who have children from different men–this is nothing new. I am sure Alicia is not thinking about "changing" anyone just diapers !!!!!

June 23, 2010 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  16. ET

Yeah, but Alicia, he's already a baby Daddy. You think he changed for you? What about his other family?

June 22, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Shannan

Congrats on baby keys n da engagement best wishiz n god bless u all

June 22, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. babytyche08

Im so happy for her. She's really blessed ..

June 22, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |