June 21st, 2010

The Game is alive and well

Despite a rumor to the contrary that spread around the Internet this morning, rapper The Game is alive, well and promoting his next album.

While a few sites had picked up on the gossip that the artist had been shot late Sunday and had since passed away, his manager told CNN that the rumor is indeed false, adding that “Game flew this morning to Sacramento for part of his promo run.”

Game added in a statement, "All these rumors that I’ve been shot are phony just like half the rappers in the game. I’m still here, promoting my R.E.D. Album, so when it drops, go get it or else you might end up dead like me, haha."

The rapper noted on Twitter that he would prefer a little creativity be used when determining the cause of death the next time the Internet proclaims him dead.

“Who ever started da rumor dat I was dead is funny as hell,” Game tweeted Monday. “If u gone spread rumors, b more creative. Say, I had a fight wit the Toy Story cast or sumn & it turned fatal ha ha."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. lala

Ya'll need to stop hating....he one the realist rapper's out there!! can't wait for the album to drop.

September 25, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. segun

Ever since grey school I pushed the Coke like Pepsi! Wow! That is some good ish!! Keep it up!! He is one of the best rappers!

June 25, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bruh Bruh

Come on son ... Game will shine always !! Next Album drops 08/24/10 R.E.D

June 22, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Blah

This guy is fake.....

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAXPN3NmJRg&w=640&h=390]

June 21, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rell

Who?

June 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. knight

one of the realest rappers alive..........he'd better stay alive and keep hip hop alive as well.....big fan

June 21, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sean

nothing against the guy personally, but if he was dead, neither the rap world nor the world at large would take it as a big loss – he's not very influential in rap and certainly not a good role model for the world – judging from his twithead post, the guy can't even spell

June 21, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Bubba

I just heard the Game was over. It ended in a draw. They're going to do it over.

June 21, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cassie

Relax. Most women aren't that obvious when breastfeeding.

But baby's gotta eat, too.

June 21, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CK in SD

every time he looks in the mirror in the morning he loses the game

June 21, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bj

Ah man...I though they were talkin' about the show The Game...The one with the twin from Sister, Sister...I hate that they took The Game off, that show was really good.

June 21, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LB

After reading this statement where he's telling everyone the name of his album AND telling them to get it, it's clear that this death rumor was a publicity stunt pulled by him and his people to promote his lame wannabe gangsta music. The next time he tries to pull a stunt like this, someone should tell him to be smart about it. Do not to promote your album while clearing up the death rumors, you made it a little bit too obvious that it was a publicity stunt.

If you're a fan of this clown, you're stupid and you deserve to be shot for supporting this nonsense.

June 21, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • John C

Why do you think that you are the one that gets to decide what music is good? Do you know what the word "opinion" means? Not everyone has the same thoughts, ideas, or opinions that you do. Just the fact that you think you know best, makes you the stupid one, not Game fans. I think you should be the one that should be shot. Your comment probably sounded really cool in your head, made you feel superior, but just the fact that you think YOU decide what music is good makes me sick. You are an idiot. What do you listen to, country music? Country music sucks, but that's just my opinion, so I wouldn't hold it against you or call you stupid if you really do like that cowboy crap.

June 22, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. Game Fan

R.E.D !!! 8/24/10

June 21, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. tammy

i play piano at sambucas in rhode island

June 21, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tw

He should play piano.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaVR1nPwTxA&w=640&h=390]

June 21, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  16. let's be real

I am predicting a whole lot of "Who cares?" and "Who?" comments. Let's not forget the "Rap Sucks" comments, too.

I do know this guy, though, and I'm not a big fan. He's a little too narcisisstic for my tastes. He has a lot of lyrical flow, but that's about it. "Hate It Or Love It" was his best work, and that's about it... just my opinion.

June 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • eJ

Good thing your opinion doesn't mean much.

June 21, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ohio

Originally, I wasn't going to comment because mine would have been a Who? comment...but since you posted this...

My first thougth when I saw the headline was "GAH! I just lost 'THE GAME'! I had been doing so well for a few weeks now. And now, if you hadn't already thought that-you all just lost 'THE GAME' too.

June 21, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

eJ, and neither does yours... troll.

June 21, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |