June 21st, 2010

Lady Gaga: It's about the 'fantasy of the music'

It’s never a dull moment for Lady Gaga.

If she’s not wearing undergarments to a baseball game or carrying a bloody heart through the snow in her music video, the singer is posing for the cover of Rolling Stone wearing a pair of machine guns - and not much else.

Gaga, who last appeared on Rolling Stone in 2009 wearing her famous bubble getup, is back with what the magazine calls “the most extensive interview the pop star has ever given.”

And though this probably won’t come as a surprise to anyone, Gaga says she’s all about the fantasy.

“I don't even drink water onstage in front of anybody, because I want them to focus on the fantasy of the music,” the singer told Rolling Stone.

gagaSpeaking of the music, Gaga’s newest album is set to release in early 2011.

"I think I'm gonna get the album title tattooed on me and put out the photo," she said.

While the singer’s previous records have been more about her rise to superstardom – with song titles such as "Paparazzi" and album titles such as "The Fame" – her newest album will focus more on pressing issues, like “Don’t ask, don’t tell.”

"It's like, what (expletive) year is it? It makes me crazy!” she said.

In the mean time, Gaga says she’ll continue working on the relationship she has with her fans and herself.

"When I wake up in the morning, I feel just like any other insecure 24-year-old girl," she says. "Then I say, 'B--, you're Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today.' "

The full article will hit newsstands June 23.

Filed under: Lady Gaga

1. felipe

is very beautifull is very
    and very most singer of the year
    (bad romance)

February 20, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. John

Hey, I dont care about her music or her political views. All I know is Id give her the best 30 minutes of her life. Id like to hit it from behind with those boots on. Maybe leave the map of hawaii on her faccia. lol

you people take life to serious....nobody gets out alive anyway

June 23, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Real music

NOW IT"S TIME TO PLAY....."Guess Who Lady Ga Ga Is Imitating Today?" Time for the lightening round and player number 1 chose Madonna....player number 2 chose Austin Powers fembots....and player number 3 has chosen Laura croft except with an uglier face...and the winner is.......drumroll please...OMG this is the first time in our game we have a 3 WAY TIE!!! (audience cheers) thanks for playing... we'll see you tomorrow when Lady Ga Ga imitates more people and amuse the brainless...Take care, and Listen to Real Music that does't need a gimmick!

June 23, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff

For a dude shes pretty hot!

June 23, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Karen

OMG what a butt ugly piece of flesh! And THIS is what my fourth and fifth grade girls are so excited about. Gawd, makes me wanna GAG.

June 23, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. TrumanBlue

I threw up a little in my mouth after clicking on this article.

June 23, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. Chris

I personally can't stand the b!tch, but she is at least somewhat talented on the piano and singing I will give her that. She wil continue to sell records and be a puppet illumanati to the sheep. Her recent antics at yankee/mets stadium were pretty shocking, but thats what she does. Shock the sheep, the herd will click and read and gossip.

At the end of the day, this is why we have choices in life. If you don't liker her music then don't listen.

June 23, 2010 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. TAMI

GEORGE--YOU NEED TO USE YOUR BRAIN!!! (JUNE 22) MADONNA IS SPELLED M-A-D-O-N-N-A AND BRITNEY IS SPELLED B-R-I-T-N-E-Y,,,NOT like you spelled Madona and Brittney!! How dare you judge other people and their intellect without first looking at your own! Shame on you! Rock on GAGA!

June 23, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  9. chitchat

It is too bad that music causes so much controversary! L/G can sing, she can dance, and she can entertain. When Elvis was in his hay day, cameras would not shoot below his waist and he had clothes on! Not many new singers get to play and sing with Elton John, who is a very respected entertainer. Just look at some of the outfits Elton has worn over the years, clothes do not make the voice, and she has a voice! I am 53 and thoroughly enjoy listening and watching L/G's video's/airtime. It is a lot of work and she appears very dedicated in what she does, entertain!!

June 23, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  10. jasln

she has a penis even if she doesnt shes the ugliest girl ive seen no wonder shes self concious

June 23, 2010 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. giz

I hope her 15 minutes of fame are over soon

June 23, 2010 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. willy8

I like Lady Gaga, it's entertainment thats all, I look foward to seeing what she will do next, good stuff.

June 23, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. mmi16

She is a entertainer. Like her or hate her...she is entertaining us.

June 23, 2010 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. here i am

filthy. siimply filthy

June 23, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  15. Owned

Jealousy always makes for fun comment sections.

June 23, 2010 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen

Owned...I am so far removed from jealousy, seriously. It's the influence this so called "star" has on some very impressionable little girls that I teach. It saddens me that THIS is what my little girls look up to nowadays.

June 23, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. mandy

at least She attract u to read n comment here .. LOL

June 23, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  17. i dont get it

I don't understand all the bashing, really. People act like they forgot pop musicians today are 100% ruled by the record company and forced to come out with whatever sound will sell the most recordings. In case no one realizes it, she attended NYU arts school to study music – I'd imagine that takes a lot of talent to get into. She was able to get into the business and become a pop star, and is just doing a job being an entertainer. I'd love to know what all the trolls on here accomplished by the age of 24. She deserves to look and act however she wants.

June 23, 2010 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Karen

I'm certainly not a troll as you have described many on here. However, I have accomplished a great deal. I have 14 years of education under my belt and that counts for a heck of a lot more than what this madam is accomplishing right now, which may not last another year whereas I will continue to educate children and helping shape our future for several more years. What have YOU accomplished?

June 23, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  18. Sandy

I find her music pretty uninspired. But I find this picture positively gagging. So she has an airbrushed fanny. WOW.

June 22, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. LADY GAG GAG

I'd eat her sh1t and wash it down with her period blood.

June 22, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sherri

She loves to draw attention to herself, but this time I think she made a mistake. The shoes grab all of the attention here!

June 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  21. bootycheck.

When they relocated her back leg with photoshop, they did a really bad job. It dosn't look natural to me, and it's blurry. Her "cheek" sizes and shape don't match. Where they trying to make her bum more round? but only on one side?

June 22, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. bets

Western music has changed since damn madonna.. when did it turn into a circus show??? who wants to see the crazy clothes and blood on stage.. why don't she just wear a normal dress and sing a song and show us talent. if i was given a chance, i 'd wear some crazy clothes or none at all and get paid millions to do it...Western people are such monkeys...seriously.. you guys are stupid for listening to this crap. such a consumer society..if i sold my crap and told you that it will remove your pimples, you'd buy it..happily for whatever cost.. i cant beleive you guys run this country.

June 22, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Boyd

So if Lady Gaga actually has a good voice, she should ... bundle up in Pilgrim outfits of modesty so she can be taken seriously?? Why? Can someone with a good voice not also be a good showperson? She's over the top, no argument there, but she has a good voice. This whole concept that to be taken seriously you have to be dressed in a certain way is severely annoying. After our country's financial system was virtually taken down a few notches by people in suits and ties, this is still a valid argument??

June 22, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Wahhhh

I want to thank all of you for participating in my school project on Mob Mentality today. My Pofessor was very pleased with the out come and so am I : ) Thanks again all of you that took part! Have a GREAT day...
    P.S. GaGa Rules!!!!!!! haha messin' wit'cha ...later people, Enjoy

June 22, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. LC

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is the best laugh I've had in a long time. I crack up everytime I look at her in those ridiculous shoes. What a screwball

June 22, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. twilly9

If she was that talented, she wouldn't have to pose like that. She just wants the attention. Here today, gone tomorrow (hopefully).

Her songs sounded better when performed on the Glee show - now that's pretty funny.

June 22, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  27. john the baptist

ENOUGH CRAP GARBAGE NEWS ABOUT A MENTALY DISTURBED PUBLICITY SEEKING DRUG ADDICTED SO CALLED ENTERTAINER

June 22, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. C

I'm a female musician myself and it's really odd to see how many of the posters here have not pointed out what' she's
    done to incite such disregard. If you don't like a song on the radio or a video on tv there is more than one channel to choose from. It's like atheist making something out of what they call nothing, why even waste precious time on something you don't even like or believe in? That's just me though... I guess I'll see you at the top eventually, notice you are the one looking up by the way. I'm ashamed I even dropped into such a cess pool of humanity... ciao

June 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Angel

I don't see how this is so offensive. Yeah, there's a bit o' buttcheek there, but that's nothing compared to the Russell Brand cover of Rolling Stone I passed not two days ago. I could actually see that man's pubic hair. Not very appetizing next to the organic vegetables. :-/

June 22, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Toph

Just so people know, the whole "gun-bra" thing isn't just for show. It's to make a statement...and like other little monsters have said on this comment page, if you've read her interviews (or just read on her period) you would know that the gun-bra represents her belief of using her femininity as a weapon (hence, for those that don't have brains, bra = feminine, gun = weapon). Most of her outifts are designer-ware, including Versace and a few others, don't know their names and frankly don't care to know them..

If any of you haters honestly think she can't sing, isn't a woman, has a dick (watch the unedited Telephone video), doesn't write her own songs, can't play a musical instrument (watch her acoustic vids on youtube), and doesn't choreograph her own routines/shows/etc., there is something seriously wrong with you and you need to read up on people before you come out and splurge with blatant lies and ignorance.

Just sayin'.
    (gaga for life!)

June 22, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • lala

If you have to explain, then Gaga isn't doing her job right. Seriously. The art should speak for itself, hence that's why I don't see anything Gaga does as art. Everyone from her fans to the directors to herself has to constantly explain the meaning instead of just letting it speak for itself.

June 22, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. lol

grrrrrrr why is nobody talkin i need a fight again and my family told me to go blog again : (
    I hope wahhhh guy comes back soon and we can fight fight fight over gaga somemore *sniffs*

June 22, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Krista

I can't believe how much everyone is angry on this subject. I am not a huge fan of this woman but she can sing. And she can stop my 9 month old son from crying in the car. If my baby loves her, more power to her.

I can't complain on what my child listens to because I listen to some vulgar music of my own. I just hope that I teach him that this is just MUSIC and not real life.

June 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Rob

She has the trend setting fashion from Madona of old, the flash of Elton John, the quirky inovation of David Bowie and the on stage magic of Michael Jackson. But most of you reading this probably don't remember the days of a young Madona, John, Bowie and Jackson. You can't help but watch when she performs and the songs stick in you head for days. She is a powerhouse in her own right, as long as she wants to be.

June 22, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. casey

OMG!!! i love lady gagas songs but this is discusting..everyone knows she has a nice body but why does she have to show it off this way..its sooo sad wat celebs are willin to do just to get more attention..

June 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Hilarious

Thanks to all who posted! I love watching people argue online, knowing full well they would not act this way if they were discussing this in person! Hilarious!

June 22, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Bethany

She's beautiful and a brilliant entertainer.

June 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. In My World

Bottom line, she's young and smart enough to know that being and keeping controversial among her younger audience sells. Certainly not someone I would want my kids or grandkids looking up to but let's face it, she is one of the faces and talent of today....tomorrow, there will be another. Look back to those like Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer...we'll be dropping her name the same way in another 10 years perhaps?

June 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Christi

PS,
    Anybody else think her butt on the cover of R.S. looks fake/superimposed/weird?

June 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mackey

Everyone knows she's a dude, right? Well, at least hermaphrodite. That would explain why she can't dance.

June 22, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monster

Any guy who's saying she's a "dude" obviously has gay issues and wishes she was. It's already been resolved, she's a SHE and never was a he, stop day dreaming about her being a "dude".

June 22, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wiggity

Dunno Monster, seems like you have bigger issues. Maybe you're the one who's confused.

June 22, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Go Gaga

While posters are hating on Gaga and arguing amongst themselves, she's laughing all the way to the bank. Go America!

June 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Christi

I think Lady GOO GOO is a dude in drag? Anybody agree?

June 22, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  42. CNN Goofs

I like the credit for the picture "courtesy the ROLLING STONES, wonder if Mick knows?

June 22, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  43. sheikyerboutie

Why show your chubby ass to the world? It's not even shapely. And those guns dont even look like they have triggers.

June 22, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Bob

Pretty Hot ! Excuse me while I go clean my underware

June 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  45. vapor

Isn't that Sasha Baron Cohen?

June 22, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jason K. Smith

Check out this singer!

June 22, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  47. DJS

Very nice use of airbrushing to make even GaGa more palletable. Barely!! A marginal "musician" just trying to make due by being ridiculously outrageous. When will her 15 minutes be up??? PLEASE HURRY!

June 22, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  48. elizabeth

lady gaga is something very strange is she tryin to find herself in all these disquises!

June 22, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  49. The One

Wow, She looks HOTT!!!! Love her music, style, and way of being...She says what everyone wants to say but are too scared to say it...The flippin off thing, you know that all celbrities want to do it, but they are just to afraid of their image being tarnished. Lady G dont give a F*** about what people think of her. LOVE IT! She is an inspiration for everyone, even those who hate on her since you all take the time to read the article, comment, and then read others comments and comment on them! LADY GAGA IS THE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 22, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Kristi

I want a pair of those shoes! My gf would love me in them!

June 22, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  51. boo

I like gaga but jeez what's up with some of her fans? It's like half of you whenever you see a negative comment you just immediately decide to bash the person. Based on your terrible grammar and pretty inane, lame middle school attempts at "insulting" somebody, you don't actually think before you type, you let your ego and anger and frustration get the best of you. Let people say what they want. Some people hate her, some people love her, some people think she's okay, and some are just neutral. It's called having an opinion. If you can't accept that, then that just shows just how immature and sensitive you are. And if you are going to bash people, at least sound intelligent and learn how to spell, otherwise all of your "hater" bashing just comes off as really stupid and immature. Although i am a fan of gaga I acknowledge that not everybody likes her and many are gonna have a negative opinon about her, and I respect that. After all, isn't Gaga all about expressing herself? Why can't people express their hate for gaga as much as their love for her? I mean, c'mon folks, they are just opinions, jeez!

June 22, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ron

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME! I'M LADA GAGA! I'M CONTROVERSIAL, I'M SHOCKING!! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

It's all been done before sweetie. Sorry.

June 22, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Kara Powers

I don't care what anyone says- Gaga is a trendsetter and a fabulous artist! I'm an aspiring myself and would kill to be even half as successful as her! I just submitted my original songs to be on a new movie soundtrack (any other singers out there can do the same). Go to imadeamovie.com and give me some feedback!!

June 22, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Q

Jeez Wahhh, you are are passionate about the haters, aren't you? I think you've made your point, you are a hater-stalker. It's sort of beyond me why you think every word you say has any affect on how the "haters" feel about Gaga. Dillusional much? Your comments are amusing, but not clever, not insulting, not even remotely hurtful, as much as you are trying so hard to be. Good job anyway kiddo! Want a cookie?

June 22, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Prediction

Wahhhh will probably be back in an hour to post more hatred.

June 22, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Anthony

WOW you guys know she's got a beautiful ass in that picture. Stop hating she's GREAT at what she does.

June 22, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Quirk

Um, what does the year have to do with whether or not a specific policy is a good or bad one? I don't get it.

June 22, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  58. why?

Ok the only thing I find just as hilarious as the haters are the fans. A lot of you sound like robots basically saying the same things: "leave gaga alone," "she plays the piano and writes her own music," "you are poor and jealous of gaga," "how much money do you make? when is your next biggest selling album coming out?" "hater" and the list goes on. Just like Gaga, you guys act as if you have something clever to say but really don't, you act as if Gaga pays for your bills and you have to fight to the death to defend her. People have opinions, not everyone likes Gaga, get over it. If you love the woman and worship her, more power to you, but why act confrontational and defensive whenever somebody has a negative comment about your beloved Gaga? And then you diss the haters for their immaturity, when you are being just as immature. Basically, I'm just saying that all of you should get over yourselves.

June 22, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

why?: So, are you saying you are a hater of the hater of the haters??? What's your point...

June 22, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • why?

@wahh- I'm saying that the most gaga fans (not all) are high-strung, uptight, overly sensitive, defensive Gaga drones that are so quick to bash any hater in sight, and the haters are just, well haters. All of you are immature and contradict yourselves. I just find it amusing, and more so because most are too dense and shallow to comprehend much.

June 22, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

Well said. Everyone has a right to like and dislike what they want. Do I like Lady Gaga? Not at all. Do I think she is doing something new for the music industry? No... but she has been reminding us of the shock value which had garnered so much success in the past through artists like Madonna, which I can respect to a degree. She is a talented perfomer, but the quality of her music is questionable. There's good and bad sides to her, as there are with any artist...

June 22, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  59. wittone

Get great Lady GaGa concert tickets to all of her upcoming shows. To get Lady GaGa tickets:call 1-800-598-1315

June 22, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Amused

Lady Gaga is making major bank while the Perpetually Disgruntled and Intellectually Superior, sit huddled behind our computers and make snide, withering and dismissive comments about her. Reminds me of what my dad used to say: "If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?"

June 22, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  61. The Vampire Prince

Too much hate here.. if you all hate her, then why are you even giving a comment? It's the hate generation. Gaga is the "edgiest" musician today.

June 22, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  62. The Vampire Prince

She is the goddess of the irrational, of the abnormality, of the monsters.. She works hard and she writes and produces from her very heart.. we LOVE her <3

June 22, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  63. Trolls Incorporated

We apologize for Wahhhh. We ran out of trolls so we had to hire the cheapest help we could find...

June 22, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

Not funny, Trolls Incorporated.

By the way it looks like the only one doing the crying is "Wahhhh." It's time to step up from Pampers, baby boy. Looks like you're the one spending all your time making comments in response to all the negative commentary. If you don't like it, tough.

June 22, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

THE PRECEDING MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE :HEAD TROLL HE WAS SORE FROM SCREWING THE FAMOUS AND COULD NOT MAKE IT TILL THE CHAFFING SUBSIDES

lol: seems you're posting a lot also so what does that make you? BTW those are your pampers lil one<<kids are so goofy you have to laugh and roll your eyes at thier antics.Get your mama to change that stinky diaper to phew man, GROSS you are!

June 22, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Wahhhh (courtesy of Truth Hurts)

Wahhhh, I think you comment more than "lol" does... and the only thing that comes out of your comments is garbage. You aren't even relevant to the topic. All you've done here is bash other people's comments... and for what? You don't even make sense in half your comments. Your comebacks are completely lame middle school attempts and you seem to be the one crying. Do us a favor and refrain from posting until you can come up with something intelligent.

CNN welcomes a lively and courteous discussion. However, it seems that all you've done is make a d-bag out of yourself. So, next time you decide to negatively comment to someone else's post, learn to make some sense and think before you post... not just post out of your personal anger and frustration. It only makes you look stupid. This also applies to my post... if you have nothing intelligent to offer in my defense, I'll just ignore it.

Sure, Lady Gaga has talent. However, the debate is on for what kind of talent that may be...

June 22, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh?

You mean "your" defense? But I got your point. Let's see what the kid's reply will be.

"YOU ARE A DOODOO HEAD!" Haha.

June 22, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • huh?

OOPS! lol, I meant "his" not "your" lol... wow now I feel stupid

June 22, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

@>>>>>>Truth Tickles you really should be able to defend yourself dear, that's NOT my job k'

June 22, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

@>>>>>>>> huh? So it's just about an average day for you huh? hmph, GO FIGURE! duh

June 22, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jim Bob

She's ugly. Not as ugly as Winehouse, but still ugly.

June 22, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  65. Amanda

Seriously, how does she stand in those shoes?!

June 22, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Um...

LOL, How doe's she stand in the shoe's you ask Amanda, prolly about $1,000,000 or more with her "calibre" good question though girl : )

June 22, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. DS

For crying out loud-QUIT PICKING ON PEOPLE FOR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING ERRORS!!! This is so rude!

June 22, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Aweeeee DS <can't even spell his own name so has to use initials! See how being a critic works??? Karma came home in the form of your lack of EDUCATION outing you for what you are...sniff's uh uh wahhhh wahhh mommie bad person was bad to me cos' I wud bed.. er bod, um bad

June 22, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  67. moe

no, that pic wasn't photoshopped at all...

WOMAN! Get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

June 22, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  68. Jon

I am not as fanatical as some posters on here, but I dig Lady Gaga's stuff. She definitely has a great voice. But her real talent is...she's a smart businesswoman. She got to know her industry quick and exploits it to great advantage. It's about time the masses found a new music icon to worship.

June 22, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  69. Wahhhh

All you hater's are broke and jealous because she has a career. It's pretty clear your job :"unpaid" is facinating as you have so much time to dedicate to tearing other's accomplisments down. YOUR claim to fame? phathetic now aren't we.... tsk tsk don't be hatin' it'll just keep you gazing at your own nude mags instead of a real woman because you are so mean spirited and probably never get any.

June 22, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  70. Arlee

Does this ring a bell, Dress funny, music is no good, will never last, can't play, older and close minded people just don't get it, crazy fans. Welcome to the world cira 1963, it's the Beatles. At the start of their career their writing wasn't too deep either, yea, yea, yea, but if I'm not mistaken they seemed to do OK. You can't judge an artist at the start of their career only at the end and I don't think Lady Ga Ga is at the end of hers. Everyone that is knocking her, congratulations you have officially turned into your parents.

June 22, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  71. luciano

filthy..disgusting..poor taste.. oh I guess this goes for most of the garbage coming from moder music and film today..God have mercy on us for we are lost

June 22, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  72. mguillot

Isn't Lady Gaga just Madonna's mini-me? I don't see anything new about her at all.

June 22, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  73. Mark D

This is what America and the "music" business is coming to. No longer is talent a requirement. This stupid broad is making millions because people are idiots to buy her crap. Whoever even pays any attention to her should be shot on sight.

June 22, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Okay Mark... you go 1st by all means. Would you like a cigarette with that blindfold? teeny wil' weenie

June 22, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  74. Id hit it

She has a nice a$$ atleast.

June 22, 2010 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  75. afb74

*Shock Value*
    And it worked.
    Enough said.

June 22, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  76. Joshua Ludd

Uh, this is barely racy at all. We have, after all, lived through Madonna's whole career. Speaking of which... All Gag gag did was push Madge's bullet bra into a full gun bra.

June 22, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  77. JJDLS

I enjoy LG's music but the clothes or lack there of is a real turnoff. Yes she's in great physical shape but if she had more confidence in her musical talent maybe she wouldn't have to wear the obscene and/or ridiculous outfits. I think all the theatrics detracts from her talent and make her just another fame ho

June 22, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  78. Awesome

Its nice to see new pop stars taking on new fashion and music. Lady Gaga is not afraid to express herself, unlike all you other haters who diss on her because you cant express yourself as she does. She is IT right now and will continue to be THE QUEEN OF POP! LONG LIVE LADY GAGA!

June 22, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

First off, no one wants to look like that wreck.

Second off, you need to get your hearing checked because you obviously don't know what good music sounds like.

June 22, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  79. Ric

Its about everything but the music...

June 22, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  80. jillybean

looks like Marilyn Manson.

June 22, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  81. Kat

Nicely Photoshopped...AS IF her butt really looks like that. Puh-leeze. She's a dork.

June 22, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  82. Gramie

Well THANK GOD we have Lady Gaga around to tell us how the US Military should be run! MADONNA KNOCKOFF

June 22, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  83. Michelle

DISGUSTING! One Ugly Woman!!!!

June 22, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  84. copy cat.

I think she's a Madonna copy cat, this looks like that photo of M with her triangle boobs...minus the heinous shoes...
    But Madonna was actually a good singer, and an icon.

June 22, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • copy who

uhhh...was madonna your 'icon' when you were being a little "friendly" teenager, underage you know what? and Lady Gaga can sing just as well as Madonna did in her prime....your such a loser

June 22, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  85. ArrKay

Lady Gaga showing up somewhere almost naked. Oh gee. What a surprise. Didn't see it coming.

June 22, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  86. cali.boy

Dang, she is smokin!

June 22, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  87. Tybar

Desperate attempt to keep herself relevent...or irrelevent. It happens to them all at some point; Madonna, Spears, Lohan...the list goes on.

June 22, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  88. hiboy00

Nice ass!

June 22, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  89. Mr. Jones

She looks HOT in that cover! She is one of today's biggest stars and will continue to be so! LOVE HER!

June 22, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  90. liz p

Never a dull moment with lady gaga is right! She might be a little weird but she keeps us entertained! Give her music a chance, other than the songs you hear repeated on the radio constantly.

June 22, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  91. CR

What the hell is wrong with her butt? She might need to have that looked at by a professional...

June 22, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • cry

Um, what is wrong with your face? She has a very nice, HOT, booty.....R u jealous because she has a little frame with a nice bubble butt and you are a fat cow with no butt? HAHA

June 22, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  92. abbynormal

Elton John did the same thing – a genius in costume – LOVE them both!

June 22, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  93. stacey

omg lady gaga OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGod!!!!!!!!!!!

June 22, 2010 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  94. Wow

Amazing how much so many of you hate this woman, yet bother to spend the time to read the articles, log in, and post comments. If you dislike her so much, why are you wasting so much time reading, talking, and hating about her?

June 22, 2010 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  95. Larry

The more comments she gets makes her laugh even more all the way to the bank tho! she kinda looks like that marilyn manson dude. she better put some of that money away for when her backside starts to puff out with cottage cheese.

June 22, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Awe, so very thoughtful Larry, I'm sure you're a pretty good cautionary tale since you know so much about that cheese effect, lol

June 22, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  96. hmmm

god...shes haggard..

June 22, 2010 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  97. FILTHY

SHE IS SO SELF ABSORBED AND ONLY ATTRACTS LIKE MINDED SELF ABSORBED MEATHEADS. FIND A SPIRITUAL PATH, LADY GA GA IS NOT IT.

June 22, 2010 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Um... now now Lil' FILTHY, are we sitting in judgement on our "Spiritual" path today??
      " A double minded person is unstabe in all ways" do you recognise where that quote comes from , know it all...

June 22, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  98. Chuckjones

She on a break from her international tour – some break. She's everywhere, of course. I saw her perform in January – what a terrific show. She was on stage for 2 hours – it passed like 30 minutes. She's expanded the show greatly and is bringing it back to the US and Canada before she goes overseas again. Looking forward to seeing her perform in July. The haters don't get this – she's a great performer, aside from her other talents, and will be around for a long, long time.

June 22, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  99. suesk1

what a joke...she is a nut bag

June 22, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  100. ThrowMeaBone

Wait for it.... This discussion will inevitably turn to politics or religion. Almost always does.

The simple truth is the market rules. If people didn't like her, they wouldn't buy her music. No music, no $$. Obviously, she's giving the market what it wants. If you don't like it, you have free will to change the channel or turn it off. Duh!

June 22, 2010 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  101. LD MArtin

Lady GAGA has huge song talent and there is no denying that but some times talent doesn't get you the free promotion so she has basically patterned her whole persona after Marilyn Manson and it's getting corny watching her carbon copy him.

June 22, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  102. brad1001

Props to her for her success .. but that's really not a good picture

June 22, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  103. Jesse M.

I'd throw her a shot.What the hell!:)

June 22, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  104. Doug

She collects more interest in one day than all you haters do in a year... nice, really nice.... maybe you should try a scam of your own !

June 22, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • meow

Apparently the haters got your attention...seems like all you gaga fans spend just as much time hating the haters as much as the haters hate on gaga. So contradictive and hypocritical.

June 22, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  105. mdm89

Note how she has one leg positioned in front of the other to hide her penis.

June 22, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  106. Kary

Those of you who say she looks good. She's practically airbrushed from head to toe, ESPECIALLY her gross cellulite butt. seen her in concert, believe me, yuck. Mediocre singer and music so won't last long.

June 22, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  107. Ac

Gagas got lupus..

June 22, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  108. JP

If Madonna and Marylin Manson had a child, it would be Lady Gaga. I think she's pretty cool and I'm a thirty-five year old father of three. I'm glad she is at least trying to promote some type of intelligent thought, albeit it in a controversial manner.

Ninety-five percent of those who have commented negatively in this forum are either too old for there own good or have never even heard two songs from - or both.

June 22, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  109. mizsherle

Looks good to me.

June 22, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  110. Marie

I don't get it. She's just a carbon copy of Madonna. Boring. Some of her music is ok; most of it crap. Oh yeah, she is SOOOOO airbrushed 'cuz she's got some major cottage cheese going on all over her butt and thighs, especially her butt. ew, gross to look at.

June 22, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  111. Sean

She tries so hard.

June 22, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  112. Michelle

Say what you want about her, but her music is 1000 times better than that hideous garbage noise called rap that so many of you listen to! At least playing instruments, writing good tunes and singing well takes talent.

June 22, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  113. Baller

LG is a clown, literally.

June 21, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  114. grofys

i actually feel sorry for young adults and teenagers now. of course people want to be different; they want to shock, to spit on convention. but it's been done; it's all been done repeatedly. the only people who are still shocked by this kind of thing are those who have had their eyes closed for the last 50 years. now if she posed like this in the 1950's...

June 21, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  115. wilson

To all you GaGa haters, I ask you... when was the last time you were able to write a check for a million bucks? How do you like living in that mansion? When is your new album coming out? When is that article about you going to be posted on CNN? When is your Rolling Stone cover coming out? When are you going to influence a generation with your style and music? Oh... sorry. I had you confused with someone who had earned the right to complain about someone successful.

Hey, there are those that DO, and then there are those who just complain. Which are you? If you have accomplished something amazing in your life (especially before you're 24), then let us know. Otherwise, STFU losers.

June 21, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  116. less is more

too much trying way to hard for attention though its exactly whats happening

June 21, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  117. midwest

Isn't she and "ARTIST"? So get over your feeling..

June 21, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  118. D$

She has a great @ss, I'm always happy to see more of it!

June 21, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Kiki

Rolling Stone - you've lost your way.

June 21, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  120. why why why

Why can't people appreciate music for its meaning anymore instead of mindlessly buying whatever the record companies put out? Take for example the song Paparazzi. This song is so shallow and meaningless (and if this song has true meaning for you, you need to get a life). Music is about more than shock value. It is about emotion. Not "look at me, I'm wearing the stupidest outfit you've ever seen." I admire the fact that she is hardworking. I admire the fact that she writes all her own music. And I admire that she seems to be more talented than a lot of these dingbats that make it onto the music scene who can't carry a tune. But PLEASE stop with the desperate attention-getting schemes, and just play some meaningful music.

June 21, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • ha

I agree with you 100%. I acknowledge that Gaga is talented and has a decent voice, but her music and lyrics are so shallow, and at least to me everything she says and does really has no substance, it's all shock, glam, and controversy. If she is as talented as people say, why can't she let the music speak for itself? Not saying there's anything wrong with her wearing the costumes or causing a stir, she has to keep herself relevent somehow, but I just think for what is worth she is overhyped. She's not original, creative, or a genius. Any person who actually understands what good artistic music is realizes that sure, Gaga has catchy songs, but it's nothing more than that. Everyone else who thinks she's some genius is either 12 or a typical confrontational and sensitive Gaga fan.

June 22, 2010 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  121. Acaraho

I know it's been said before but she's a legend in her own mind.

June 21, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  122. DS

Can we scream to world, "I WANT ATTENTION AND NO ONE IS GIVING IT TO ME, SO I HAVE TO DRESS IN THESE STUPID CLOTHES AND THESE RIDICULOUS SHOES TO GET IT" Wha, wha, wha! This girl is classless, tacky and disgusting!

June 21, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • wilson

You come across as a trite and pitiful person. As you scream to the world with your silly post, Lady GaGa is laughing all the way to the bank. I get it. You have nothing in your life, so you like to condemn those who are more successful than you. It makes you feel better doesn't it? I hate to tell you this, but it makes you classless, tacky and disgusting.

June 21, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

And DS is prob is JOBLESS and using someone else's pc to write this through their isp they pay for. Go get a job, it's almost noon lazy hater...

June 22, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  123. Curt

This girl needs counseling. Anyone trying as hard as she is to get attention when they have nothing to say has a problem. The girl is an exhibitionist. All about image, no substance. But hey, it works for Madonna. Seems like kind of a miserable life though.

June 21, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Lopez

Does it bark?? It looks like it should!!

June 21, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |

Ohhhhh Now, YOU are looking at your Mother's magazine cover silly boy!!! hehe

June 22, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  125. Mike

If you don't have a ton of natural talent, then do controversial stuff. Ever notice how the best musicians don't necessarily care how they look? Their talent rises to the top. Lady Gaga's music isn't original. It's not horrible, but it's nothing that's going to be memorable. That's why she needs so much icing on the cake (to make it look better).

June 21, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anjali8

Mike- I agree with you completely!!!! To their chagrine, I'm always telling my gay friends the same thing. Lady Gaga is like bad cake with really good frosting: lots of sugary layers to hide the lack of taste. Piano player-yes. Singer-yes. So was Rowlf the Dog from The Muppets. At least we knew Rowlf had a hand up his butt to make him perform. Why Gaga lets her strings be pulled like she does, who knows.

June 23, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Notafan

Lady Gaga is such a phony. She even admits it in an old interview with Barbara Walters! Gimme a break. She's just copying Madonna! She has no real talent. She's just a wierdo that thinks she can get more attention acting like a circuis freak. If she wants to keep that act up why doesn't she just join Wringling Brothers!

June 21, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Notafan! WHO are the Wringling Brothers?????

June 22, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • hmmm

Wahhhh, you're not one to talk about grammar.

June 22, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Um BTW Notafan... Can you tell us what a "CIRCUIS" is exactly??? Man you need spell check or more Grammer School Education. It's RINGLING BROTHER'S you goof pftttttt

June 22, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Wahhhh

Actually, it's GRAMMAR, not GRAMMER. You can't teach what you don't know.

June 22, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  127. matt in dallas

is that not the most photoshopped ass you evah done seen??!?!

June 21, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • InkyBInky

Most definitely. They could have taken a little more off the "beak" and "booty"...

June 22, 2010 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |
    • yuppers

yup, when those guys get that photoshop out to airbrush them butts, they sure need better butt models than they used

June 22, 2010 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

I don't know matt... we'll all have to wait and see YOUR cover!

June 22, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  128. ha

Am i the only one who finds that everything this woman says is utterly sickeningly narcissistic and self-indulgent? I get it, she's all about the fantasy and working her butt off, but the woman acts more like a character than an actual human being. It's one of the reasons why I just can't take her seriously. It's all about me, me, me and being a little too overdramatic about her love for the stage and for her fans and for the gays. It just doesn't sound genuine to me, especially when she has to rub it in over and over. It's self-indulgent and ego-trippin.

June 21, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raevyn

Yeah.....'cause no other celebrities are narcissistic or self-indulgent. Their careers are all about what they can do for others.

June 21, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • sarah

gosh, isnt it terrible that she loves her fans and gay people? man, i wish she would rub something else in over and over, you know, something more hateful. then maybe she would be easier to accept.

June 21, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • stan

i totally agree with you.

Yes popstars are groomed to be all about themselves but this woman is just way out of it. She sees herself as the "greatest" in everything. I really hope she is struck by lightning for being such a narcissistic cow! I don't think Michael or Madonna or any other legend in the music industry is like that. Like if you tell them how great they are, they will be the first ones to tell you "no i'm just like everyone else" or "i just got lucky".

C'mon yes she is very very popular now but i really have a hard time acknowledging her fame as legit. That fact that she studied past artist and have been doing what they did for the 2nd time around is not original or innovative. A true icon is someone who made it up there by doing his/her own thing not by copying and passing it as her own.

June 21, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • InkyBinky

Uh... It's how she gets paid! These are tough economic times we're in!

June 22, 2010 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

You only posted to get attention ha... so what's your claim to fame? whew you really smoke those pc key's man, when are you going on tour??????

June 22, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • ha

@Wa- sorry, you aren't as clever as you are trying to make yourself sound. Good try though.

June 22, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Joe Canadian

Look at that bum! Yum!

June 21, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  130. JDF

Huge beak on that girl. HUGE BEAK!

June 21, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  131. cal

i respect her and her music, but those buttocks are clearly airbrushed in.... i blame RS for it. Gaga seems like she wouldn't care...

June 21, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  132. JC

Lady gaga is fkn idiot and a worthless musician. She is a testament to how music has completely lost any significance and meaning.

June 21, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • InkyBinky

Really?...So what instruments do YOU play?? What songs have you written?? Where was your last sold-out show scheduled?? HATER! Get a job!

June 22, 2010 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • ballz

uh oh...someones menses are in full bloom
      Is "HATER" the only thing folks with independent thought will be called? What about you "SHEEP" who follow the rest of the herd? "Get a job"..."hater"
      damn sheep

June 22, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gaga = Palin

Yes, "bigot" is so last week.

June 22, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

I'm with ballz on this one.

June 22, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  133. media critick

so what's the controversy? great reporting...

June 21, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  134. sarah

Lady Gaga is a classically trained pianist and has worked her way to where she is now. She writes all of her own music and can perform every piece she writes on her piano. If you know anything about her further than what you hear other people say, you would know that she has been preforming live since the age of 14. She doesn't wear outlandish outfits because she cant sing...she wears them because she believes in art as an entire package. She uses her entire persona as her canvas, not only her voice. It's called performance art. Just because she is a musician doesn't mean she cant do other forms of art at the same time. She's living her dream and I think she is amazing. I am a 25 year old educated college graduate who also happens to be a single mother. She's not just for teenie boppers. she's for people who look outside the box and have an open mind. Find someone else to hate.

June 21, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • meow

Ok, she plays the piano, we KNOW. Every gaga fan has to constantly make that point. Why does that make her so special, honestly? And i'm sorry, the performance art business i think is just a cop out, if some other artist had worn the same outlandish outfits she would be slandered, but because gaga does it it's "performance art" and paying an "homage" to whoever she seems to be mimicking. I'll give it to Gaga that she is talented and can sing, but jeez she's not that outside of the box, she hasn't yet done a single thing that nobody else had done a long time ago, but for some reason she gets all the credit. She's talented and hard working, but original, she is not.

June 21, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • sarah

Gaga fans point out that she plays the piano because many people claim that she has no talent and compare her to brittney spears, who we all know cant sing. i dont understand why people hate on her. and its pretty hard to do something that no one else has done, and that will always be an argument against her, but is there anyone else like her? no. thats why people have a hard time accepting her. she's outlandish, so what. she dresses in crazy clothes, so what. is that really the problem? people have a hard time accepting something that is different and that goes against the norm. people need someone to hate, someone to talk about. what do you mean performance art is a cop out, a copout for what? for having an excuse to dress the way she does? isn't that in itself performance art? the fact that we are all posting about her make my point for me. She probably loves the controversy about her outfits, im pretty sure thats what shes going for.

June 21, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • russ

You have the best comment on here. I couldn't agree with you more. I watched her performance on SNL the night she did Bad romance and then sat down on the piano and did a crazy cool version of Poker face and was blown away by it. She is the real deal and I think she's great.

June 21, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carter Sherline

I'm 50 and a fan. Just a bunch of conservative haters talking her down. Conservatives have done little, if anything, useful in the entire history of man. Nothing new here. Gaga is a talented musician and artist in general.

June 21, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ballz

/fart

June 22, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • leala

Sarah you def have the best comment on here. i'm a 29 year old mother, and i don't care if my kid wants to listen to gaga or taylor swift or whoever. TO EACH HIS OWN. I believe that anyone is the music/entertainment business who can play any kind of instrument has true talent. i'm not discrediting those that can only sing, but when you can do more, you have more going for you. i also don't think ppl should be so judgemental about why her position on DADT isn't credible. she has a right to an opinion too. doesn't mean she has to be credible. ppl love her for her openness and sincerity as well as her talent and performance. very true, i don't like ALL of her outfits, but some are just stunning. Not to mention, not only can she sing, but to be able to sing AND perform at the same time and STILL sound amazing, that's talent. My hat's off to her, and will be behind her every step of the way!

June 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  135. omegamango

They keep publishing, and you keep clicking. It's that simple. When the clicks stop, the pics will soon fade away.

June 21, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  136. pinetree

I wonder if she's been reading Heavy Metal Magazine. That outfit reminds me of cover art found on science fiction novels.

June 21, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Sydney Australia

Nasty beef curtains............

June 21, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Ewe... well what can you expect from the land of relocated criminals?? Do you kiss your mother with that dirty lil mouth "prolly with tongue if you do" HAHAHAHHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

June 22, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  138. Bill

I understand that she loves to go out with Greek man...and I am Greek...

June 21, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  139. nOT Trash

Who?

June 21, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  140. loosewires

OK! She cant be a total idiot? She realizes maybe that she is going to be a hot item for a few years and she is going to the bank with all she can get from this fame. I would do the same if I had enough talent and connections to get where she is. Maybe she can pull off enough madonna stunts to go for another 20 years who knows? When the fun is over just quit wearing the outrageous clothes and get lost in the great big world with the money! It's not about the music, it's about the money! You don't see poor musicians and singers bragging about how it's about the music! The only ones that care about what she has to say about issues are the magazines and the teeny boppers that read them, GO GO GO GAGA right to the bank. HAHAHAHA

June 21, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Ashley

and this was controversial why?????? The machine guns? The thong? The ugly shoes? The nudity? There have been a lot of scantily clad women on the cover of Rolling Stones.....so I am not sure I get it but you know, I think she looks great, thank god it's almost nude or else she would be wearing some terrible costume like she normally does........oh and she CAN sing great to those who said she can't!!!!!!!

June 21, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  142. bigdogstny

I wonder how long he had to hold his nuts@ck in that position for the photo???

June 21, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wahhhh

Awe Lildoggiestny... you know it was you holding it and they had to airbrush you out of it , shhhhh we wont tell your lil buddies HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAA

June 22, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  143. Ol Diz

Every generation has their own – Mae West, Marilyn, Madonna – the list is endless..

June 21, 2010 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  144. WTH

show the pic, didn't read the article. Who really cares (about Ms. Gaga)?

June 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • WTH

Ooops! I meant "saw" the pic. And I still don't care. :)

June 21, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

If you didn't care you shouldn't have fixed your post, let alone post the first time.

June 22, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • ballz

I read the article and saw the picture and I dont care either. As for why I posted since I didnt care, it seemed to irritate you so thats my reason for posting.
      enjoy

June 22, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • no ballz

How does one measure the degree in which someone is irritated... especially if it's over an online message board? Maybe if the reply was in all caps... perhaps.

I don't see how you can measure irritation... and if you did it to generate feedback then you must be low on things to do today... :)

June 22, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Casual Observer

Hey ballz "who names a kid that?, anyhoo... It's apparant from your name that is usally your intent on other's peace. How's that working for ya' on the dating and friendship, work ect., they must be about navy blue by now yuk yuk

June 22, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  145. rachel

It's obvious here that she needs to be practically be naked to make her point, whatever it is. I'm not impressed.

June 21, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Kyle

I'm really glad Lady Gaga is offering her two cents about the don't ask, don't tell policy. Given her extensive knowledge of the subject and the military, and all.

June 21, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  147. xyz

lady caca

June 21, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  148. sonny corinthos

this was good for a laugh

June 21, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  149. anonymous

I'm bored with this woman. What are you doing that Madonna or Spears didn't already traverse? *sigh* Whatever happened to good entertainment for the sake of entertainment instead of just "shock" value?

June 21, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  150. HAL9000

Funny how they have "BPs Next Disaster" right next to her ass.

June 21, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Courtney

I cant stand Lady-G.. Shes a weirdo.. and I do not want this to be what my children grow up to listen to.

June 21, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea M

So you mean to tell me you want your children force-fed Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus so that they will never have an original thought go through their heads, will be owned by the Disney corporation, and theoretically will be incapable of rebellion? Just you watch, Taylor and Miley will be getting DUIs and be headed to rehab for coke and alcohol in a couple years while GaGa will be staying away from that since she's already done most of her partying. You do realize you're basically raising your children on the future Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, right?

June 22, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
    • reality

Sorry, this is a battle you will lose.

June 22, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • NickyG23

Finally...Andrea M...a post I agree with. You couldn't have said it better! The older I get the more I am realizing it is still very much a MAN's WORLD. Go Gaga and GIRL POWER! And for all of you who want to judge what I posted...I'm happily married and pregnant and I hope my child finds his/her own path in life instead of trying to satisfy society's shoulds and wants.

June 22, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Ballz

Grats on your upcoming burdon. Do the kid a favor and just introduce it to Pink Floyd asap and bypass all the "talent" that is currently available. Folks love to toss the "old fart" card when things like this are said, but that was the era of pure creativity, using instruments and good ol fashioned "know-how" to make the music do what you want it to do, not use an image to make the masses love you. After the introduction to Floyd is complete, move on to 70's Genesis and repeat until the lesson is learned.

June 22, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sammie

ballz left his nut's back in the 70's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no wonder he's so darn angry. He's upset bcos no one will have relations with him so he bashes a poor young pregnant lady, what a cad. ballz poor family, now THERE'S what you would refer to as a "BURDON" man learn how to spell, "it's BURDEN" did you spend all your time in school harrasing people so that's all you are capable of since. I wonder if you are out of H.S. yet by the looks of all your rant's "get a LIFE dude instead of tearing everyone that you can down~ geesh you are so depressing!

June 22, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Why

I am sure that this Rolling Stone cover has something to do with Lady Gaga's view on DADT. If so, this shows a weakness in the DADT repeal activists' argument. You'll note that the rifles she is, er, holding, don't have triggers or butt stocks on them. She is holding them by the magazines. The weapons are completely useless. Even with the triggers, one could not aim properly with them. In other words, while I am sure that there are many who think I am nitpicking, it demonstrates that Lady Gaga (and others, I assume) have no concept of what military service entails and see the "Gays in the Military" issue as more or less a s e x ual fantasy. She is a poor advocate for this issue and should not be taken seriously by anyone on any side of the issue.

June 21, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • cuddlefish

Uhhh..... This is what we call "reading something out of nothing."

June 21, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • godzilla

It's a MAGAZINE COVER. It was created by an artistic photographer and doesn't have to be realistic. I mean, really, you think this picture means that Lady Gaga thinks she knows all about the military and that women really walk around with guns attatched to thier bras? That sounds soooo likely.
      Anyway,besides during Basic Training, most people in the military don't even come into contact with guns. The majority of servicemembers have office-type jobs and supporting roles that have nothing to do with combat...so apparently you have no idea of what military service entails, either.

June 22, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Carlos

Clearly the TC needs glasses. She isn't really holding the weapons, the weapons are attached to her bra! Did you not read the comments about the fembots? And to the guy about most everyone in the military holds desk jobs? What are you smoking? The majority of the army and basically all marines are infantry! Most jobs stateside for the army are done by civillians seeing as how everyone is basically deployed right now. Go on any Army base today and all you see are civillians. And everyone who goes through basic training fires a weapon. It's a prerequisit to pass. I have a desk job for the Air Force and I had to fire a rifle.

June 22, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Why

Carlos, a couple of comments:

1) Fembots not mentioned on this board until after I commented.
      2) Note my hesitation in my original post before writing "holding"–this device is used to indicate sarcasm as well as temporary uncertainty.
      3) I did say holding my the magazines later. You'll note the placement of her hands on the magazines of the weapons. Maybe it's better phrased as "with her hands placed on the magazines". Nonetheless, it demonstrates the point that this is Rolling Stone's and Lady Gaga's idea of what gays in the military would/should look like, which demonstrates that they have no idea of what the military is like. I'd venture to say that neither has any idea of what gay people are like either. However, if this image is indicative of what the gay community imagines their lives in the military would be like, I'd be very frightened.
      4) Your comments about the military are correct. I'd add that during deployments to combat zones, weapons are required to be carried.

June 22, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monsters

IDIOT!

June 22, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  153. vette gal

...and to think our young generation, mainly teeny boppers, are being influenced by this piece of trash. If she really was talented as a singer, she wouldn't have to resort to outlandish, inappropriate behavior. Just another Britney Spears who won't last in the music world.

June 21, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yep

I think they said the same about Madonna, too. The bottom line is that there are some who can make money off teenagers forever if they can stay relevant. If real talent isn't there, there's always controversy. The trick is to manage the controversy. Apparently Lady Gaga can do that.

June 21, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Why are you surprised?

It's a shame. Even if you remove Lady Gaga there's still others out there with the same effect on the masses and same level of talent.

June 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Peter

Gaga is a girl. And hot! Great pop star who will develop depth over time. Too nuch hate here.

June 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Peter

Gaga is a girl. And hot! Great pop star who will develop depth over time. Too much hate here.

June 21, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • ballz

meh – flash in the pan
      her 15 minutes are almost up – she'll have to change her image or go public saying she's bi to make the sales in a year.

June 22, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • FYI

Peter honey, you need to keep up to speed on the bi issue sweetie pie. She already made that announcement, "what do u think poker face is about?". If any of the negative persons cared enough to watch her interviews you'd all know far more than the reach's of your own imagination. You people come here to vent because of your own lack of finances and talent to aqquire a percent of her royalties and commissions.

June 22, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • FYI

Sorry Peter, lol I meant that for ballz of blue there. His immense ignorance can really be mind boggling and throws one off for a moment or so.

June 22, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  156. tomoos

....LOL at the fool that said she can't sing. really now. she is KNOWN for singing well and live. much like that britney spe... oh no wait. GAGA FO LYF.

June 21, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • DWT

Agreed. She is a much-better-than-average live singer. People that diss her clearly aren't listening and have other agendas in mind.

June 21, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • meow

Gaga IS a great singer, but the reason why a lot of people don't get it is because she lets all the costumes and antics detract from her talent. If she wants to be taken more seriously, then stop with the gimmicks and antics and just SING.

June 21, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • A. Goodwin

Gaga's attire is very symbolic to her music – as a form of art. It may not be your taste, but the gals got fashion. Most of her outfits are Versache (sp?) and other well known names.

June 22, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • ballz

Far more professional performers are know for their singing. She is known for the "gee, what will she do now?" factor which is officially boring now.
      I do look forward to the next baseball game article where she flips off a fan while wearing her jock...I mean bra in public. That apparently will never get old either

June 22, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheesy rider

ballz<<classy name btw! Did you say Professionals who know for their singing? It appears all the haters are illiterate and only pick on people that are not around to hear it, feels so safe to band together with like minded persons. You guys must be hell to live around is all I have to say. Lmao @ Wahhhh funny stuff on the whiners !

June 22, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • riiiight

Using sarcasm to call ballz a classy name is like saying cheesy rider is sophisticated.

June 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  157. CATom

Looks like some choice airbrush work – ie they airbrushed out the adams apple

June 21, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nick

Anatomy 101: females don't have an Adam's Apple – hence the name.

June 21, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea M

The Alejandro video proved she's a girl, get with your pop culture, please.

June 21, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curt

I think he knew that.

June 21, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

All humans have an 'Adam's apple', regardless of s@x. It's just the thyroid cartilage of the larynx. It's simply smaller in females than in males.

September 23, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  158. d

Well now, if she could actually sing, then maybe she wouldn't need
    to NOT WEAR clothes...oh yea, she sings songs based on her outfits????
    DUH? how long is she going to be able to sing stuff like that?

Hint folks: EVERYBODY ELSE sings about life, feelings....NOT CLOTHES?????

June 21, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Z

Where the f*** does it say she's going to be singing about clothes?
      ....If you actually -read- the article she's going to be singing about, quote unquote: "her newest album will focus more on pressing issues, like “Don’t ask, don’t tell.”
      And if she can't sing then why in hell is she the music industry's biggest star? You're an idiot.

June 21, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • d made an invalid comment, is my name.

o.O EVERYBODY ELSE? precisely. GaGa isn't everybody else... she's good.

June 21, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hmmm

She wore a raspberry beret, the kind you buy at a second-hand store.

June 21, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • liz p

D, let me ask you, how many songs from Gaga have you actually heard? According to this you seem pretty ignorant.

June 22, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Stupid

I'd venture to say that those who can name any song by Lady Gaga are the ones who are ignorant (and probably really fat too).

June 22, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Z, she is not talented she takes her clothes off, that is why she sells records. If she stayed dressed and sang based on her talent and merits then she would fade, and fade fast. Because the only thing she really has a talent for is taking her clothes off. She makes money because men are stupid. By the way, I bed she would sound like SH#@ accapella, because she wouldn't have a harmonizer keeping her on key.

June 22, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cel

Lol, she CAN sing. & she does have some meaningful songs, believe it or not. Look up a video of her singing her song 'Speechless' & then look up the meaning behind it. Lol Idk where you got the idea she sings about her clothes.

June 24, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Cel

Oh, and Dave, she actually sounds GREAT when she sings acapella. Look up her acoustic stuff. It's not completely acapella b/c of the piano, but it proves that she is talented

June 24, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  159. John Brown

wow she's so cutting edge and controversial... if you're twelve

June 21, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • JR

Thank you.

June 22, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • ss

haha.

June 22, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patrick

Totally right. 12 years old in 1986 maybe when Madonna was making headlines doing the EXACT same stuff. Pfft, who's accounting for originality here? With a body like that I don't really care, I'll just wait for the newest photos and skip the music.

June 22, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Little Monster

I am excited for her new album! Now that she's risen to fame she's going to use her influence to focus on important political issues and push for equal rights! Lady Gaga is a genius! Go her!

June 21, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • daroofa

Yeah...I can hardly wait to hear where she stands on Cap and Trade legislation.

June 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea M

As long as she sticks to what she knows. I too am a Little Monster so don't think I'm hating, but she's fairly normal-brained when it comes to the issues. She is pretty good on the gay rights front, but I'd rather not listen to her views on international trade policy or something like that. Stick to your gays MaMa.

June 21, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just a thought...

Yeah, because equal rights is at the top of the important political issues list not...oh i don't know, the war we're in or the oil STILL gushing into the gulf? Equal rights may be at the top of your agenda, but it is definately not at the top of the list of important political issues. There are more pressing issues to deal with in our country right now.

June 22, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • yeah, we do care

@JustAThought: Equal rights is pretty important to some people. Not everyone has the same opinions, but it's cute that you think they do.

June 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  161. CHUCK D

BIG F-ING DEAL WHO CARES

June 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  162. lol

I got a good laugh out of this article.

June 21, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • brett

somebody better tell the guys from Austin Powers that the cover is clearly plagiarism of their Vembots

June 21, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duh

Those are not machine guns.

June 21, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • MGoBlue

holy cow!! Look at those shoes!! A podiatrist's dream come true ;)

June 21, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Henry

fembots, idiot

June 21, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • AA

effin ugly and far from being a lady...but hey, who am I to judge. In our society of the blind leading the blond...she is a winner and she is making money while smart, educated people are looking for jobs. The perfect tale to share whith your kids about growing up in America and the values they should consider in life.

June 22, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnq

She is way too masculine for my taste..

June 22, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Gaga is just another Drag Queen like RuPaul!

June 22, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

Haha, I got an even bigger laugh from these brilliant comments. :P

June 22, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Just another blond flashing some skin. When will the juvenile fascination with that end?

June 22, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Ooops!

well, it all feels the same with the light off. LOL

June 22, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • dawn

Press on lady gaga--

June 22, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe Catman

That photos is clearly inappropriate in my pants.

June 22, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • george

what a PATHETIC JOKE...does she really think she is a MADONA or a BRITTNEY.....Get a Job...I agree with CURT...try using your BRAIN once in a while vs your BOD....quite showing your STUPIDITY.

June 22, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • FactCheck

Brittany? Ha!! At least GaGa is a musician with musical talent (i.e. she can sing, write songs, play instruments) and her success is not predicated on the idiocy of her fans.

June 22, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • rk624

WOW – she doesn't EVEN DRINK WATER on stage so we don't know she is a human – she is an ICON..oh wow...Hey, Madonna, are you starting to understand what a flaming idiot everyone thought YOU were back in the day when you were wearing your underwear on the outside and thinking that songs like "Holiday" made you a rocker!! Ha!! Long live Wanda Jackson, Pat Benetar, Gracie Slick, and Chrissie Hynde but to name a few REAL WOMEN who changed music, not clothing.

June 22, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • rufus

the body's OK but the head needs a paper bag! Music? What music? That's not she is selling. She's just a newer version of Madonna and Brittney - a no talent provocateur.

June 22, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • HydeyHo

Thanks for the laugh everyone and for keeping an otherwise boring topic, interesting.

June 23, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Real music

NOW IT"S TIME TO PLAY....."Guess Who Lady Ga Ga Is Imitating Today?" Time for the lightening round and player number 1 chose Madonna....player number 2 chose Austin Powers fembots....and player number 3 has chosen Laura croft except with an uglier face...and the winner is.......drumroll please...OMG this is the first time in our game we have a 3 WAY TIE!!! (audience cheers) thanks for playing... we'll see you tomorrow when Lady Ga Ga imitates more famous people and amuse the brainless...Take care, and Listen to Real Music that does't need a gimmick!

June 23, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  163. Farley

Sigh...gag not gage, awful, not aweful.

June 21, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  164. 'I told you not to be stupid, you moron'!

You got 'intrigued' correct, but not 'gag' or 'awful'? You tried to diss the Gaga, now go 'gage' on your 'aweful' literation.

June 21, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  165. BlueTeacher

How do you determine that someone LOOKS like they will smell awful? I mean, in the absence of any obvious visual clues, like a pig sty or a garbage can?

June 21, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Doug

Hater !

June 22, 2010 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  167. andrea

Obviously.. she's brighter than you are.. she can speak in a complete sentences.

June 22, 2010 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  168. Nate Webster

It is posts like this that make me wonder about a few things. Things like:
    1.) How do people this stupid purchase, or manage to get access to, perfectly good computers?
    2.) More importantly, why is anyone this illiterate reading a "news article"; and not just staring off into space or eating fiberglass?
    3.) When did trailer parks get internet access?
    4.) Did I miss the AP wire news that computers – with internet access – have been installed in the monkey houses within all major zoos?
    5.) These are clearly the people who made an "educated choice" when electing Obama.

June 22, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  169. Kim

I too am SICK of Lady Gaga. She's gross. I want to call the radio station a beg them to please stop playing her songs to much-seems like it's every third song! Give us a break.

June 22, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  170. stay in rhode island

Very intelligent comment there... yeah... not. You wish for Gaga to do what to our faces? You disgust me.

Just because an artist makes money doesn't mean she's talented. How about Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus? They make lots of money, but it just means that people are dumb enough to buy their music.

June 21, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  171. lol

two words for you anthony

PETER GRIFFIN.

You lose.

June 21, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Gaga = Palin

Lady Gaga is lucky that there are people like Sarah Palin around. Sarah Palin has done much to empower women and give them a voice whether you agree with her or not. Lady Gaga is pop music's Sarah Palin. Some people love her, some people hate her. She is a danger to no one, she is a danger to everyone. Both rail on endlessly about issues they clearly have no depth in, yet lots of people are still interested.

June 21, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  173. meow

Gaga is talented, but a genius? C'mon. At most she's a pretty hard working entertainer and makes catchy pop music, but that's about it. I'm just sick of people making her out to be more original and innovative than she actually is.

June 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  174. u a nobody

You nasty, you nobody that nobody cares about...your nasty and so is your c unt

June 22, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  175. Mr. Dell

Right on, my friend. She is definitely aware of the 15 minutes of fame factor, so she is exploiting herself until the next novelty shows up. I don't blame her for that.

June 22, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  176. sbp

Maybe not a genius, but a lot closer to it than the average American. When she was younger, she was a student at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth program. To get in, you have to take the SAT when you're 12 and score somewhere in the vicinity of the 90th percentile (relative to High School Juniors).

I don't care about her persona or her music, but she's a smart woman exploiting a market and getting very rich from it. Crazy like a fox.

June 22, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  177. Jessica

This was the worst assessment ever. First, Sarah Palin didnt do squat to advance women's issues, or women in general. She pretty much rode the coat tails of the likes of Hillary Clinton. Second, Gaga does not pretend to be uber-knowledgeable about big issues...just semi-knowledgable about everyday issues that affect each one of us, she's not out there trying to be president or heck, even a politician and decide peoples fates. The only correct statement you made was that people either love or hate them, and in general, people dont put much stock in what EITHER of them have to say – they just find both ENTERTAINING. Which, is ok if thats what your job is – like Gaga, but when your supposed job is "bettering other peoples lives through service"...well, being a "you betcha" entertainer is about as scary as it gets.

June 22, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  178. Sandy

Oh please. We Alaskans don't all like Palin either, but at least we know more about her than most of the Americans who think they hate her are just following the crowd and repeating media sound bites.
    At any rate, it makes no sense, and is just plain mean, to compare our former governer with this Gaga tart. Please don't. No one is as gagging as Gaga, not even Palin, ok?

June 22, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Wahhhh

He's blaming the stenche on someone else... because his dog ran away from the verbal abuse

June 22, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Wahhhh

Gee Kim! I JUST know as soon as they hear the distress in your voice and the horrid toll she's taking on your life with her music that they will cease and desist from airing it so as not to send all of you haters to the asylum..wait, I think you all are sharing the same pc from there.. my bad

June 22, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Sandy

Too true, but she's like any other bit of bad "art" ....it's all over really, and it's just chance that the media/industry picks up on this one or that one, grooms it up and shoves it down our throat. Lady Gaga......yawn......

June 22, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  182. lol

Wahhh- Do you have a life? You have been hater-stalking the most from anybody else on this blog. And quite frankly you aren't as clever as you try and make yourself out to be. I mean, do what you do, but I'm just sayin'...

June 22, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  183. lol

That "lol" above is an imposter!!! However, I totally agree with his comment. :P

June 22, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  184. Obviously

If you were bright at all, you would know that no one on this forum is SPEAKING. We are COMMENTING.

June 22, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Curt

Use your brain at least a little bit. We are speaking when we comment.

June 22, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  186. KLarry

Actually you just described every person who ever voted for George W.

June 22, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  187. lol

It all depends on your view of "commenting," Curt. However, I do agree it would probably be a better choice of words to say that we are writing commentary rather than we are commenting. Use your brain a little bit more, Curt. Getting picky down to the last detail doesn't suit you.

June 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  188. Sandy

Actually, no.....Hillary Clinton really didn't do anything to give Sarah Palin a leg up on anything. And Palin and Gagga are about as different as you could get. But I think it's pretty funny that an article about Gagga (sic) can turn into a Palin thing. Ah.....simplistic Americans!

June 22, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |