June 18th, 2010

'Hot in Cleveland' makes TVLand record

Betty White has done it again. (Okay, fine - with the help of Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick.)

The season premiere of her latest comedy, “Hot in Cleveland,” has set a record for TVLand, pulling in nearly 5 million viewers on its first night, according to TVByTheNumbers.com. The episode was the network’s most-watched and highest-rated show ever.

Thursday was also the highest-rated traffic day for the network’s website, TVLand.com, attracting 276,000 unique visitors, with 117,000 of those visitors coming for “Hot in Cleveland” show pages alone, the network said in a press release.

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Charnell

"Hot in Cleveland" Loved the show. Everyone did a great job, Looking forward to the next one. Only wish it was on earlier in the evening. Can't stay up that late still working and need to get up early in morning. I have to catch it the second time around. Thanks for rerunning it again on Sat.

June 19, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. KWest

I watched it for Jane Leeves and Wendy Malick. No, it's not cutting-edge, but I delight in the premise of four single women of a certain age. I'm returning next week.

June 19, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Donald MacFeeley

About the premiere of "Hot In Cleveland"... Thanks to an incessant, irritating, intrusive laugh track, any sense of dramatic form or ensemble was completely overwhelmed by a barage of non-stop electronic hilarity. This, coupled with some seriously over-the-top acting, turned what should have been sophisticated light comedy into something as subtile as a train wreck and almost as amusing. "Hot" it was not.

June 19, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Daffys Trike

Dang it! Missed it! Where can I see it online?

June 19, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. stu

this show smells worse than Betty Poops diaper.

June 18, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Vivi

Betty White is a goddess.....comic genius......God bless her.

June 18, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Cindy

Horrible...I'm from Cleveland and watched it for that. I did not laugh one time. It was stale, juvenile and just plain boring. I cannot believe that it was well-received. Poor Cleveland! It deserves better.

June 18, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ziggy

I actually like BW, and adored the GG's, and so I decided to give this show a try. But I must agree with you. I didn't find it funny one bit. I think it 'tried' to hard to be funny and crashed and burned. People are laughing or liking it merely cause BW is in it and that's sad. A show should be judged based on it's content, and performances. Not it's cast.

June 19, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jodi

I loved it! Hats off to TVLand!!! I mean 4 fantastic ladies all in one show!!! The writing might need to sharpen up though to match this extraordinarily talented cast to keep it going. Great premise for a sitcom, and I can't wait until next week. Hope they bring John Schneider back again, too!

June 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe

I decided to give this show a "I'll-watch-it-once" just to see how it was – how it was? HILARIOUS. Definitely on the DVR now. I forgot what a great actress VB is; and Wendie Malick is hilarious. Betty White could sneeze and make me laugh. Nice work!

June 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. magneto

I watched the show and LOVED it! Betty White is truly a gem and I hope we have many more years with her entertaining us!

June 18, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. upstate-ny

GREAT SHOW...LOVED IT. What a great cast!

June 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. joseph

The 3 ladies starring with Betty White are all good but they pale in comparison with the other 3 ladies she costarred with in Golden Girls. Great job Betty! You rock!

June 18, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Suzanne

Loved it! Watched it twice. The whole cast was hilarious but of course BW stole the show!!!

June 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cheesehead

LOVED it! Betty White rocked, the whole cast was awesome.

June 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MadCityBabe

this pic includes 4 Bettys.......way to go chicas!

June 18, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Tom Field

Betty White is a national treasure...America's Grandmother.

June 18, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel Cardenas

I truly agree with you. I watched it three times.
      I would like to see BW as the next villan in a James Bond movie. What do you think ?

June 22, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mary

Great show! I think the combination of these four ladies together is outstanding. But, Betty White is still my number one.
    WTG TV Land!