June 18th, 2010

Dina Lohan gets in ice cream scuffle

In the middle of Lindsay Lohan's SCRAMgate, mom Dina Lohan has been accused of abusing a Carvel Ice Cream black card belonging to her daughters.

To celebrate the chain’s 75th anniversary last year, Carvel issued “black cards” to 75 celebrities, including Lindsay and Ali Lohan. When Mama Lohan went into an East Meadow, New York Carvel store to pick up a cake for her son Cody's birthday, the Carvel employee asked for her I.D. and then confiscated her card.

On their website, Carvel explained that only the individual whose name is on the card can receive the freebies - the card's fine print specifies that the cardholder can receive up to $25 in ice cream products per week - and although Lindsay and Ali are the only two in the Lohan clan issued promotional cards, “their extended family has repeatedly used the card without either present,” according to a statement on the ice cream chain’s site.

“At first,” the statement continued, “we graciously honored their requests while explaining that the Black Card was not a carte blanche for unlimited Carvel Ice Cream for the extended Lohan family and friends. After more than six months of numerous and large orders for ice cream, we finally had to cut off the card and take it back.”

Police ended up trekking over to the East Meadows store to settle the dispute, as Dina was demanding her card - plus her cake - and the store attendant was refusing to give it to her. "...[F]our cop cars showed up, there’s a police helicopter over head and this guy makes it seem to the cops that I’m trying to use a stolen credit card," Dina told RadarOnline.com. "And for what? Over a free ice cream?!”

When the police asked the attendant to give Dina her card back, he eventually agreed to hand it over, but stood his ground on not giving away the requested free ice cream cake.

According to Carvel's statement, the police warned Dina not to use the card again.

The ice cream chain called the incident “an unfortunate situation where certain people feel entitled to use a celebrity’s name for their own purposes.”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Pablo theman

$25 worth of ice cream/week. I would have thrown the card away. Wouldn't be worth the space in my wallet to hold onto the card.

June 22, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Shula

1. Why would the police ask the attendant to give the card back to someone whose name is not on the card? 2. Two doesn't matter since the police asked the attendant to give the card back to someone whose name is not on the card.

June 22, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Calvin

Pathetic mother allowed to breed pathetic children.

June 22, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dutra

Preparation-H should give out celebrity cards.

June 22, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. LohanWhiteTrash

That Lady is nothing but white trash

June 22, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Me Me Me

I want my free ice cream and I want it right now! Gi'me, gi'me, gi'me...me, me, me...mine, mine, mine.

June 21, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Valued Customer

The RadarOnline article is a bit muddled. For example, it says that Dina went to the shop to "to buy a cake", although she never had any intent to spend any money.

Posters are under the impression that only Lindsay and Ali were issued cards, but Dina claims that "all the Lohans have 'Black' cards", and her only mistake was picking up the wrong card, which was why the employee took the card away from her.

This is probably why the employee eventually gave back the card, although the employee had every right to keep the card.

From Dina's comment ("Next minute, four cop cars showed up, there’s a police helicopter over head...") one would get the impression that Carvel called the cops, but she called the police, not the employee.

Finally, Dina seems oblivious to the fine print on the card -with the limit of $25 per week – given her final comment "When Ali gets back, I’m going to bring her in everyday to this store - and you can print that!”

June 21, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sgt. Rock

Finally, we have a news story that's more important than the Gulf oil leak. BP, you've been trumped by the Lohans. Yes, ice cream is more important than oil to most of us. By the way, I hear they're planning a "Mean Girls 2". I think Ali Lohan should star in it–brilliant casting job if I do say so myself, glad I thought of it first. Do I get a free ice cream?

June 21, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe

Dina Lohan, all the stupidity of Lindsay, without the poor acting chops.

June 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Fred

What a bunch of dirt bags.

June 21, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. Interesting

Damn she is as ugly as her sister...oh umm I mean her kid.

June 21, 2010 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jeff

Since when is this women a celebritiy, she is a leech that pimped out her kid.

June 21, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bubba

Obviously she has a card for unlimited free cocaine as well.

June 21, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. AK

She has been using her daughter for free things long enough. Hey Dina – get a job and pay for the cake yourself. Ridiculous.

June 21, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. patruns

White trash! No longer poor, but still white trash.... and before anyone gets on me about a racist comment, I am white!

June 21, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  16. Howard

Friend of mine worked in a boutique frequented by celebrities. The first thing they'd said when coming to shop was "what's my special discount" or "is it free for me". When told there wasn't any, they at least just walked out. This mentality isn't exclusive to the Lohan's. At least other celebrities wouldn't draw the police into a debate over freebies.

June 21, 2010 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. Jim

I didn't know Carvell made rum cakes...

June 21, 2010 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  18. citizenUSA

Whoever is responsible for the media and police hooplas are as stupid as DL. If this was any other person the poilce would have just come and arrested her.

June 21, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  19. jeanne

white trash.........

June 21, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jeff

You don't mess with Fudgy the Whale!

June 21, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  21. JT

Another (in my opinion) loser trying to get free hand out. Why dosen't she get a job and pay for this like a normal person? In my opinion, her and her brood are all abnormal white trash drunken, drug addict losers.

June 21, 2010 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  22. Blondie

Typical moocher mother monopolizing on her children's success.

June 21, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  23. Bigbill427

Thank God it wasn't for a free T-Shirt..

June 21, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  24. harleyfatz

No wonder those girls are screwed up! What a role model.. I'm tired of hearing about the whole damn family!

June 21, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. LG

WOW, first a fame-hungry father who milks his screwed up daughter's behavior in order to be photographed, then an ignorant mother who ignores her daughter's mishaps with the law that has no qualms about using her daughter's perks for herself. Anyone else see why Lindsay is screwed up?

June 21, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  26. FTheLohans

This is ridiculous, they have enough money they can buy their ice cream just like everyone else. The world would be a better place if all of the Lohans just disappeared forever

June 21, 2010 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  27. Booman

Problem was she tried to take out a cash advance. Half the cash to support her daughter's coke habit, the other half to find some new pre-teen girls to exploit for when Lindsey inevitably ODs.

June 21, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  28. Lance

I always thought LL's mom was an IDIOT, this just goes to show how right I was, her lazy mom needs to get a job and stop riding on her daughters coat-tails, her MOm is a total Looooooooooser !

June 21, 2010 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  29. Guest

I think we owe a round of applause to the Carvel worker who called Dina out. Her actions were inappropriate. Wow Dina I thought you were supposed to be an adult, but by not paying for a cake with a card that ISN'T YOURS and MAKING A SCENE, i guess not. I feel bad for the child whose birthday it was, that you ruined by not bringing him a cake when you couldn't pay and made a scene, even though you are rich. Wow Dina, Wow.

June 21, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  30. Dumb American

So this is news... But the fact that 1.2 million American's have been starving for 3 weeks because the Republicans are playing politics with the unemployment funding isn't?
    Isn't America grand!

June 21, 2010 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  31. PAL

This family is so into exploiting everyone. Its not like they dont have any money, oh wait, maybe they dont from some reports i have read. Anyway, when Dina was told the first time she could not use the card she should have stopped. But, no, she had to continue until it came to this. Dina has to remember she was never a celebrity, she is the messed up mom of a messed up celebrity.

June 20, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  32. mary

Good grief, how much news media mileage can people get out of a washed up career?
    Would never be known if not for the celebrity of her daughter.. Even with that she rates a huge '0' ..
    And as sick as people are of hearing about the "Lohan's", she might find herself a unnoticed '0' again very soon...

June 20, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  33. CJ

hahahahahah these millionaire/billionaire women cant just buy the cake..they have to scam and share a card to get them but they can go out and buy Cartier glasses and pricey cars??? They seem like they are from the hood with fat wallets....lolllmao.....lmaorotf

June 20, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. chele

I'll buy her a damned ice cream cake if she'll just shut the hell up and go away!

June 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  35. lineman

Where do you go for rehab for ice cream addiction?

June 20, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Laura

Poor Tom Carvel must be rolling over in his grave !! Dina acted like an ass,just like her daughter does–tsk,tsk. Let's all move on.....

June 20, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. SteveR

Freakin low life new hollywood, for a $20.00 ice cream cake she calls the cops?? It's obvious that Carvel want to disassociate themselves from these cheap creeps

June 20, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. derekmatthew

seriously? who cares about the Lohan's. this shouldn't even be a story on CNN. this is a pathetic story meant for a pointless blogger, ..Perez Hilton comes to mind.

June 20, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Spidey-Man

I'll never shop at Carvel again. Why not give free ice cream away to someone who would really appreciate it but can't afford it? $25 of free ice cream a week to a "movie star"!? They should feel embarrassed to accept it. Much less a mother getting into an argument over it. The poor get poorer and the rich keep getting free stuff. And may I add... Stupid cops. What were they getting out of it? An autograph?

June 20, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

Most of the expense in a place like that is rent, payroll, overhead and advertising. The actual ice cream doesn't cost them that much, so that's what they can afford to give away.

June 21, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  40. Trash

Free ice cream! Lick my hooch!

June 20, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. D

Good for the Carvel attendant! He should have taken a pair of scissors and cut up the card! Is that the best part of being a celebrity? Getting free stuff all time? Must be nice.

June 20, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dan in Salt Lake

I didn't know ice cream had alcohol in it

June 20, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  43. SueQ

TAKE THIS IDIOTIC STORY DOWN ALREADY

June 20, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Carol

How low class. Using it for extended family and friends! Bet mama hs a huge freezer filled with just ice cream – they are hoarders. I wonder what these people did before their children could support them? Children live what they learn. What shining examples they had to follow!

June 20, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Carolyn

Grammatical Error: it should be more serious issues with which to deal THAN -- and this IS a totally dysfunctional family, my bad! Just because I hail from GA does not mean I am from Tobacco Road.

June 20, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Carolyn

As we say down here in Georgia-"the apple does not fall far from the tree". This a totally dysfunctional family which is not uncommon in a lot families-this just happens to a family of famous wannabes. We have much more serious issues with which to deal that this nonsense.....And before, anyone says, oh yeah, then why did you take the time to even read the article, it is normal to check the entertainment news because everyone, admit it or not--likes to hear about Hollywood's life and all the dramas going on and by the way I do have a life, thank you very much!.

June 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Joe Shmid

These people are garbage.

June 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. kat1

I think the Carvel employee should get a commendation and the police who required them to return the card a citation. I also think Dina Lohan should be charged for all the ice cream she got free in the past. The card was not hers to use...period, what she is guilty of is stealing. Any of us would be prosecuted for stealing ice cream if caught.

I get so weary of celebrities and hangers-on getting freebies, especially since designers assume we'll buy product if celebrities endorse them. I prefer to think of myself as having a brain and make decisions for myself, I'm not impressed that a star or celebrity uses any particular brand of anything.

June 20, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Annonymous

Oh come on! That's ridiculous. Why would the cops make the clerk give the card back??? Credit cards, bank cards, discount cards, loyalty cards ALL say they are property of the issuer and can be revoked at any time. It's not her property. She has NO right to demand it back, it's not hers. What a loser! It'll be cancelled and void anyways. Walk away with dignity for goodness sakes.

June 20, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  50. Vapid

This is news?? Wow...America's IQ is clearly on the decline.

June 20, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  51. goldfish

Am I the only one confused that they gave out 75 cards and ALI Lohan got one?? Is she even a celebrity?

June 20, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  52. sparky

What a stupid C U Next Tuesday

June 20, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  53. slozomby

4 cop cars and a helicopter? and we wonder why the governments broke.....

June 20, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  54. john

I would have stood my ground and refused to give back the card. It is being used by someone not authorized to use it, and the police have no authority to force the company to return the card. Why don't these people get a life that means something?

June 20, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  55. jray

I cannot believe we call this news. The Lohan's are the Lohan's, I wish them all well in their lives, however I do not care about their day to day issues.

June 20, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  56. Bud

Now, I understand why she's divorced!!

June 20, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  57. DIane

Dear Carvel, I'd be much more impressed with you if you gave the free ice cream to a poor inner city school than with obnoxious multi-millionaires. I'd even forgive you promoting your generosity.

June 20, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  58. raleigh22

Well, looking at the mother's behavior certainly puts another light on Lindsay. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, they say. The whole, bend over and kiss my celebratory butt is getting old. They want the special treatment when it benefits them, but then cry when paparazzi wants a picture. She probably drove her gas guzzler 30 miles out of the way to get a freebie anyway. I would have given the card back.... after I cut it in half ! ! !

June 20, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  59. Mart

Loser mom and loser daughter. What a gene pool.

June 20, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  60. stephanie

LOL. Remember this was Long Islands Mother Of The Year a while back. How cheap can she get? Can't she afford the price of a cake for her kid? This whole family is trashy.

June 20, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  61. BILLY BOB

L=LIVES
    O=ONLY
    H=HARD
    A=AND
    N=NASTY

June 19, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  62. luscious lohan

I'll bet this mom is trying to figure out how to make the soft serve machine into a crack pipe.

June 19, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  63. r

Hey, I don't see any evidence here as to any limits on how much ice cream stuff anyone can get in the 75 years so why don't they just give her whatever she wants. This is bad publicity for Carvel. And, by the way, their ice cream cakes are delish!

June 19, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • raleigh22

The card specifically said, to "the person who's name is on the card", and $25 per week. She has been repeatedly using her daughter's card and treating the staff like garbage when they point out the rules on the card.

June 20, 2010 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  64. VGB

WOW, Dina you are hot, I've got a Ben & Jerry's right across the street. Want some Ice cream little girl?

June 19, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Gilgamesh

That woman looks like a velociraptor, am i right?

June 19, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  66. JDawg1

Yea, Carvel, it's best to keep at least a 10-mile radius between you and ANY Lohan. That's just common knowledge.

June 19, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Heather

Carvel really thought that they could get Lindsay Lohan and other celebrities to make personal appearances at their stores in exchange for free ice cream?

June 19, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Boingo

Yea-more trivial news that makes me feel great about my lack of drama in my life-thanks, free therapy.
    Omigosh...I'm starting to crave a Haggen-ddazzzzz right now-later gang!

June 19, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Heather

We are spending way, WAY to much money on law enforcement and crime isn't REMOTELY as bad as they make it out to be or they would not be sending a helicopter to Carvel over a coupon card.

June 19, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Heather

They sent a helicopter? What did this all cost the taxpayers?

June 19, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  71. vinnie1

This woman with her brassy hair is BEYOND ridiculous. They should all get real jobs and save their money because I don't think Lindsey will be making any money with her acting career for much longer. Maybe Dina should go on Dancing with the Stars like Kate Gosselin did. They can't pay for a cake????

June 19, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Oh Yeah !

...... little is known about Lindsey's young cousin who has his own treehouse with a freezer in it.

June 19, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  73. jack

What does anyone expect from the totally 100% pure white trash family? It's amazing the made it out of the trailer park!

June 19, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  74. parkcityutahbrian

dysfunctional family? ha....what a bunch of tools these people are. lindsay and her mom were here in park city for sundance film festival a few months ago and were kicked out of several of the "schwag" lounges cuz they wanted to fill their shopping bags with free stuff. and describing lindsay as an actress? like describing gary coleman as an actor.

June 19, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Dave

First, a basic tenet of most every business is that they have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you're not wearing the proper clothes (shirts, shoes, etc), or if you're being unruly or disruptive, you can be asked to leave without product. That could apply here.
    Second, the courtesy card in question was issued by the business. It's not the patron's card it's the business's card. If they want to revoke it or discontinue it they can do so at any time.
    Last, what right or law did the police think they were enforcing when they bullied the young kid at the counter into giving the card back? If they should have taken any side in the matter at all they should have taken the side of the business, not the celebrity. The lesson here is mostly to that poor kid. Next time I would hope he stands up for the rights that in this case were really his (and his employer's).

June 19, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Yankee

Does Carvel give white cards to black celebrities?

June 19, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  77. jurby

what makes me sick is that celebrities have money coming out of their ying-yang and are constantly being given boatloads of freebies of all sorts of things, when they can in fact pay for it all themselves and not make a dent in their bank accounts, while those of us non-celebrities who live paycheck to paycheck and have to struggle to save for such things as an ice cream cake are never given anything for free. it sickens me that celebrities accepts all these freebies without ever batting an eye.

June 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  78. dave

Where do you think Linsey learned her bad behavior.? Both parents are horrible in that capacity. And Lindsey is too stupid to realize it. They are white rash, that simple.

June 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Christopher B

My hope for Mrs. Lohan is that her face gets badly infected with a flesh-eating bacteria, rendering her unable to eat ice cream, among other things...

June 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Creep

Only the highest level of white trash behave this way. I am hoping her uterus falls out so we can no longer worry of another Lohan polluting the world.

June 19, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. hux

shows to go you, the rotten apples don't fall from the tree .

June 19, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  82. ERIC

ALL THE LOHANS ARE SUCH WHITE TRASH.

June 19, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Lynn

Get a life people!!!

June 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. trebor

All Dina has to do is walk into ANY ice cream shop, ask "Do you know who I am" and she'll probably get free ice cream. Shopkeepers for whatever reason are always looking to give stuff away to celebs and police. It baffles me.

June 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  85. VB

Dina Lohan is a joke....white trash trying to live vicariously through her borderline white trash daughter. Ali is the only semi-normal person in that family.

June 19, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Zicky

She already has nuts, so why not some free ice cream?

June 19, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Spockanator

The apple does not fall far from the Tree, the mother is a BRAT and so is the daughter... They are JERKS

June 19, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Bob

What an airhead.

June 19, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  89. freebies for celebs

Why is Carvel giving free ice cream cards to celebrities only? I hate how companies give freebies to celebrities. Why not give the cards out to normal people who like your ice cream? Oh well, that's just how the world works these days- Get famous for a few shows and movies and get anything you want.

June 19, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  90. Skippy

So now, Cody will be traumatized that Mommy couldn't get a cake for his birthday and that will be his reason for becoming an alcoholic coke head like his big sister. I can see the headlines now. They'd better get him into a treatment center ASAP to get a jump on his dysfunction. This family utterly Pathetic!

June 19, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  91. Chuck

Just goes to show that celebrity status does not equal class. This entire family is a train-wreck like Brittany Spears. I am just amazed it makes it onto CNN as "Breaking News" How useless.

June 19, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  92. GW

You can take a person out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of the person.

June 19, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  93. J P

I hope all fans and family of Lindsay Lohan never buy ice cream from that place again.

June 19, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  94. Mr. Man

Come on now guys... be nice... You've got to think of all the extra taxes she has to pay now for that fake tan. She can't afford ice cream too now...

June 19, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  95. david

mother like daughter.i can see where lindsay,gets it from.dina,is no prize.the both of them,are nothing but trouble.lay off the drugs and booze and get a life.if the court system,worked right,both of them,would be on the chain gang.

June 19, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  96. numbersdontlie

It is a card, it has Lindsay's name on it. If it were a credit card, this would be theft. I am sure if she dug deep to the bottom of her purse, she would have enough loose change to pay for the cake! They have money why would she argue over a cake?

the worse is her view of it all... The "Lohans" get treated so badly! No wonder why Lindsay is a mess. She has 2 parents who do nothing but push their responsibilities and blame on everyone else!

June 19, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  97. xoxox

I suggest everyone write Carvel, and advise them that they will lose everyone's business, from running a ridiculous program like this. I have no idea what they're thnking. Their products are generally at a premium, and the last thing I'll do is subsidize this crap.

June 19, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  98. Lorin

This really made the news? Who the heck cares!

June 19, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  99. lee

I have read that celebrities always grab anything free. These people are the one's that we spend our hard earned money on. I don't go to theaters anymore. I find better ways to spend my money.

June 19, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  100. Lost on Long Island

Typical Long Island "White Trash"... I moved here from the Eastern Mid-West over ten years ago, let me tell you, there's more "White Trash" on Long Island than in WV, KY, and TN combined. What's worse is that they're snooty and self-righteous on top of it. Can't wait to retire and get out of here in a few years.

June 19, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  101. Maria

Why couldn't Carvel give black cards to underprivledged children or some organization instead of wealthy celebrities. O wait a minute since when is Dina Lohan a celebrity? Pay for the cake honey and stop living vicariously thru your daughter, it's not doing her any good.

June 19, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  102. Ms ME

WHAT IS WRONG WITH RIGHT? I DON'T KNOW LINDSAY OR HER MOM BUT IF I DID, HER COLOR WOULD NOT BE SO SIGNIFICANT OR WOULD I BAG ON HER IF SHE SPENT HER MILLION ON A TRAILER. BUT THATS JUST ME. NOT A HATER OR A RACIST. IM A LIBRA THATS LOST INTEREST IN COMMUNICATING HERE I DIDN'T BELIEVE 'CLASS' WOULD BE SUCH AN ISSUE IN REGARD TO ICE CREAM PROMOTIONS BUT CLASS AS A 'MAKE BELIEVE' IMAGINED ASSET. THESIS HERE.. AND THE DILLUSSIONAL CLASS.[ FAR REMOVED FROM THE OTHER KNOWN CLASSES] AND THEN THERES IGNORANCE- IN A CLASS ALL IT'S OWN. GOOD LUCK LINDSAY GIVE YOUR MOM A HUG,, BLOOD IS THICKER THAN BLOG!

June 19, 2010 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  103. Sean

Carvel Ice Cream deserves an award for public service. I hope they promote the guy/girl who denied her to super ice cream general. Keep fighting the good fight Carvel.

June 19, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  104. Abigail

So glad to see someone stand up to this family. They are just trash, and it's obvious that dear old mom here is at the top of the heap. I think the employee deserves a raise and an employee of the year award...a few days paid would be nice too. The employee demonstrated ethics, honesty and guts. I bet even Trump would hire him on those qualifications.

June 19, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  105. Ellie

That whole family needs to be put away. Lindsay's bad enough, but you can almost understand her behavior with parents like she has. At least her father is trying; in his weirdo way, to save her, but this mother? Ugghh. She puts her celebrity-want-to-be needs ahead of her own children. Sickening.

June 19, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  106. Gilda

"A" free ice cream, Dina? "A" free ice cream is a scoop, not a whole bloody cake!

Glad they finally called your miserable self on it.

June 19, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  107. burning_angel

what a loser. this is the kind of thing you would expect someone that is POOR to do because they can't afford it, she is using her children like they are just toilet paper to wipe her nasty ass. she's older than my mom and still trying to look like she's twenty years old. i have no problem with anyone being comfortable with their bodies, but we all have to grow up sometime and this chick hasn't.

June 19, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  108. jack

I think the word we're all looking for is TRASH.

June 18, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Beau

On the other hand, you have to respect these trailer trash strivers more than the clueless, impotent sons and daughters of the rich class, who usually are even bigger dipsh$ts than these people who swim up from the sewers. America, America!

June 18, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Deb Young

The key word here is 'overused' the card, I mean c'mon Lohan, whip out that Platinum Express card, arent you supposed to "be somebody"? .....well then PAY the 20$!

June 18, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Deepwater805

This is news!!!!??? Ice Cream is frigg'n news!!!???

June 18, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Chuck

Oh puhleeezzzzz...I agree with some people on here that this is highly indicative of the reason that Lindsay is so messed up. Money, fame=bad behavior in this case. Class can't be purchased.

June 18, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Beau

They're trailer trash. They just know any better.

June 18, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  114. STORYBURNcom

Lindsey Lohan is a celebrity. Her career is in nowheresville

June 18, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  115. bill henschel

Just a matter of time until Lindsay's name goes down with John Belushi, Heath Ledger, etc. DON'T BELIEVE THE PIPE!!

June 18, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  116. oi

Why not give the cards to people who don't have millions of dollars? She can afford to pay for a cake. Shame on her.

June 18, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • oi

and seriously do you think I'm more likely to buy from Carvel because they give a celeb a freebie card? Absolutely NOT. Help the average person.

June 18, 2010 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Amazed

When is the trash picked up? They must have missed the Lohan house!

June 18, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Silas Scarborough

P.S. Be sure to support the next demand from cops for bigger budgets. Really great what they do with it. At least they took off time from busting kids for smoking joints. Danger is my bizness, baybeee!

June 18, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Silas Scarborough

Thank goodness CNN brought this story to the world or People magazine might have scooped them.

June 18, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Rob

Just another wanna be celebrity acting as bad as real celebrities. THey are least deserving of free stuff and yet here she is having 4 cops (and a helicopter?!?!?!?) because she wants free cake. DIsgusting. And it's our fault. We make them celebrities.

June 18, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Blah

I like that they sent in the 'copters. If it were ice cream pie, I suppose they'd send in a tank.

June 18, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  122. sixthinsight

You know, its a bloody crazy world we live in.... white trash + $$$$ = white trash with $$$$ , nothing changes. I'm so sick of hearing about these people. Simply put: rich criminals with immunity...

June 18, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  123. dosguy

The police had no business telling the clerk to return the invalid card. He should've cut it in half first.

June 18, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  124. SadWorld 7824

The police officers are IDIOTS – the store had every right to confiscate the card. The cops are just as retarded as Dina and the whole Lohan family. Even rich people are CHEAP. Typical Hollywood family.

June 18, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gilda

While the company may "give" the cards to celebrities, the company still OWNS the card, just like your bank or credit card company owns the cards they hand out to YOU.

Just read the fine print on your agreement. I'm sure it's on the Black cards, too.

June 19, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
    • NEITHER BLACK OR WHITE

HEY, LINDSAY THINKS THE COPS ARE IDIOTS TOO, COMMON GROUND! SHE IS PROBABLY GOING TO STAY SOBER,,, ENOUGH TO GO USE HER OWN FREE ICE CREAM CARD ANYWAY AND NEVER CARE WHAT WE THINK ,,, THAT IS MORE CLASSY THAN PUKING IN A LIMO!

June 19, 2010 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  125. Chris

You can take the family out of the trailer park.......

June 18, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Nancy

What is worng with these people? The Carvel worker was right... I have watched this train wreck long enough. What is wrong with Lindsay Lohan Mom and Dad. This is a perfect example that some people should be spaded. Her Dad is an idiot and her Mom is a shrew. No wonder Lindsay is so screwed up......crazy people are her examples. If Dina Lohan was just Dina Lohan working woman with no famous daughter...she would not be in the newspaper for trying to scalp ice cream. Being Lindsay Lohan Mom gave her the clot she needed to get something for free. How pathetic!

June 18, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ7

Could she not afford a couple of boxes of Duncan Hines cake mix and a can of frosting?! That's what we grew up with back in the day, and no one's the worse for it. Sheesh.

June 18, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Mike

Thank you Carvel for giving freebies to these disgusting celebrities – the more ice cream they eat, the sooner they will get diabetes and cancer and then die, and finally GO AWAY.

June 18, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Nuts

Why police? This is about civil matter and can't be judging by the police acting judge or gods.

June 18, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Rocky

Disgusting display of the new cheap nouveau riche in hollywood and their leeching families.

June 18, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • FACTS ARE COLOR BLIND

TRASH COMES IN ALL COLORS AND IT SMELLS THE SAME BUT ICE CREAM,,, NOTHING LIKE IT WHEN ITS FREE!

June 19, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  130. Leonard

The Lohan's need all the free ice cream & cake since Lindsay can't produce any Summer Blockbusters.

June 18, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Jon KIng

Has there ever been a more disgusting family from top to bottom?

June 18, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • PINK CLASS

WE CAN NOMINATE The LOHANS FOR W H I T E T R A S H ROYALS THEN I F VOTERS ARE WHITE TRASH ENOUGH TO VOTE FOR THEM WE CAN EXCECUTE THEM ALL! <<< SEE HOW CRAZEEEE THE HATING IS? WE HATES THE LOHANS NOT OUR PRECIOUS .... WHY DO WE CARE?

June 19, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  132. Daniel

So why is Carvel giving out $25 worth of free ice cream to celebrities anyway. Why not offer it to regular customers down on the luck? I'm guessing free advertising without having to pay the celebrity to do a commercial.

June 18, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • OneAM

It's not just $25 – it's $25 per week. To answer your question: Because the highly paid management at this company are idiots – If they actually gave away free food to people who can use it, the free publicity(the good kind) would probably help bolster their brand-name and create customer-loyalty that you can't buy. Typical management dumb-ass decisions.

June 18, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Blackrock

Yeah because the P.O.S Lohans need free ice cream. Pathetic.

June 18, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Fredo

*** I scream, you scream, we all scream for LOHAN GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!!!

June 18, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  135. Evelyn

In my opin ion, the ice cream company has a right to issue a card to anyone. They probably do it so the celetrities come in themselves to get the ice cream. As a result, ALL of the hangers ons will flock to the store to watfch them and hopefully they will buy ice cream, too. Who would flock to see LL's mother?

June 18, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Jo

The ENTIRE family should be put down.

June 18, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  137. RevMonita

ok, why does this woman EXPECT the ice cream shop to keep handing over treats to her free of charge???? It does cost the shop money, time, and effort to make the treats does it not? No normal person will walk into the shop off the street and expect to order up treats and not pay for them do they? So why does she think she is exempt??? Quite outrageous, improper ,downright disgusting and unfair to the shop.

June 18, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  138. JR

She's a freakin thief plain and simple, she been rider her daughters card for over 6 months, shes been told that she is violating the rules for the card, but she just keeps stealing. The most outrageous thing was that the ice cream shop was forced to return the card by the police. This why Lohan thinks shes exempt for the rules, her family knows no better themselves. Thieves one and all.

June 18, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Heather

So shines a good deed in a weary world.

June 18, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  140. v8440

I agree that she's white trash. However, something just occured to me. Why is it that nobody cries racism when the term "white trash" is used. However, if someone were called "black trash" the world would practically stop rotating on it's axis. Just some ice cream for thought...

June 18, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Chris S

This is the most dysfunctional family in the world...

June 18, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Lindsay Law

Lindsay was paid $150k to date Austrian billionaire, Richard Lugner. Google it. That's how she makes money nowadays.

June 18, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • OneAM

Hahaha!! some Euro-trash with money paid $150K to date this homegrown-trash with money?? I'm not quite sure what to think of this.

June 18, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Melissa

Dina Lohan is such a loser! And to call the cops when you're acting like such a free-loading loser is beyond pathetic!

June 18, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  144. kevin

not a bad looking lady

June 18, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Sandra Ramos

Shame on Carvel Ice Cream...the person using the card was her mother....not a friend,....they could have used this opportunity to offer her a Black Card....Did they think she was stealing from her daughter? I think not...

June 18, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

Good grief...are you serious??? The card is for the person it's issued to and that's it. What's so hard to understand about that? She was abusing a courtesy extended to her daughters, NOT her.

June 18, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  146. RB

I agree , we can only hope they all die off someday....what trash

June 18, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Michael Brown

I hate her and her daughter. It is just a matter of time before her daughter becomes another statistic like River Phoenix or Chris Farley.

June 18, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Ned

Vanilla Trash

June 18, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  149. RB

I'd give my right testacle to have been there for that one..........but thatz just nuts!

June 18, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  150. JP

Dina Lohan was originally going to bake her son a cake, but had a very busy day and ran out of time after rotating the tires on the house!!

June 18, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  151. palms

This family knows no shame!

June 18, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • SHAME ON US FOR NOT RESISTING ' THIS'

I THINK ANYONE THAT TURNS DOWN FREE ICE CREAM SHOULD STAY AFTER CLASS!
      Im Going Out For Ice Cream Now and IF The 7/11 guy offers it for free,,, Wouldl One Of You Really Classy People Insist I Pay? How about You Pay? LOL

June 19, 2010 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  152. IceCreamMan

Wow, you all complain that they have money, bla bla bla.. but you'd do the same, and you're not starving...

bunch of hypocrites...

June 18, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • CRM

Speak for yourself. Some of us have a little self control and don't go running after free food just b/c it's free. And who eats $25 worth of ice cream every week? Yuck. It's not even real ice cream.

June 18, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ7

Thank you. I work for my money, and don't find it odd that I actually spend it on things for my family....like FOOD.

June 18, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • IceCreamMan

He/She who has never done anything wrong, cast the first stone... none of you have EVERR done anything like this before.. rigght.. go back to your righteous lives.

June 19, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Ann

Oh really?????? This cannot possibly be a story that requires any attention at all! Curses on me for even reading it!!!!! How far have we really sunk????

June 18, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Flying Squirrel

Well, the whole story is pathetic. But honestly....who wouldn't do the same thing if given the opportunity?

June 18, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Bob Deth

that's what happens when you are a white trash stage Mom

June 18, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Howard K

Like mother to daughter. You can't get the ghetto out of the Lohans.

June 18, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  157. gene

For Pete's sake, maybe she's a jerk, but just give her the ice cream and move on to the next customer. Did you really need the bad press?

June 18, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ7

Heck, this will probably help their business! ;>

June 18, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHERE DO I GET MY FREE ICE CREAM ?

Exactly, ,"NEXT" I bet those Oily Gulf Birds would Love Some Ice Cream Aboutr Now

June 19, 2010 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  158. johnny

NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU!!!

June 18, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  159. BarryB

Wow. She's so cheap she can't even buy a $25 cake for her son? That's pathetic. Borrow your lil daughter's ice cream card. HAHAHAHA. Classic.

June 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  160. dick delson

why does anyone care about Lindsay Lohan or her mother? I'd like someone to explain it to me.

June 18, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  161. musicman

I am always going against the grain, but here goes: The card was issued to her daughters, so as the mother, she should have the right to pick up the ice cream on their behalf. How superficial is this Carvel ice cream co that only issues promotions to celebrities, do they really think that a big time celebrity will walk into their stores to pick up a free cake? IThe article said that they were using it for numerous and large orders of ice cream, so Dina was probably buying a lot more in addition to the free $25 per week limit.

June 18, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • bc

They give out cards like this specifically hoping celebrities are seen in the stores and that will generate publicity. There's no reason they would want to give free product to a family member just to be nice. The whole point of a promotion like this is to get some buzz from a famous person eating their ice cream.

June 18, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • AJ7

I might agree with you, except that the cake was for the son, and the cards were issued to the daughters. Plus, if the shop's statements were true, she has been abusing the privilege of having the cards for quite some time, and had been advised of such on more than 1 occasion.

Cr@p, I have to pay for all of my d@mned food – - they can too!!

June 18, 2010 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  162. mark nyc

lohan = ignorant white trash.

June 18, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  163. round raven

classless

June 18, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  164. kccody

We need the rest of the story. Did Cody gets a cake? Dina, I bake my kids their birthday cakes, you should try it.

June 18, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  165. Jeannine

Kudoes to Carvel Ice Cream....there's a lot more of this kind of stuff going on.....somebody had to say NO to these spoiled brats

June 18, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  166. BamaKurt

Way to go Carvel!

Let's stop idolizing these celebrities and worshiping their every action and activity. And when it's a second rate wannabe like Dina Lohan ... it's even better!

You're trash Dina and your daughter has followed in your footsteps! I'm sure your proud.

By the way Dina ,,, your 15 minutes are up.

Lastly .... Dina, I wouldn't F*** you with Ellen DeGeneres's D***.

June 18, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  167. John H

She was probably hammered, just like her trash daughter.

June 18, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  168. debp

I'm sure the company gave those cards to celebrities for a little publicity when they come in. But, seriously getting Dina instead?! Not even a second rate B actress.

June 18, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Rob Stumpf

I got Dina's Fudgy the Whale right here.

June 18, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  170. Firey Buddha

Mom shouldn't have been using the card, but she DID give birth to the two punks that received them. Seems there should be some ice cream compensation...

June 18, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  171. ggg

I will no longer patronize brands or retailers that give free product to rich celebrities. It insults my intelligence. I do not give a flying fig if a celebrity buys this or shops there and the very idea that i would be motivated to do the same because they get free crap is absurd.

I hope the marketing and pr executives of America join the 21st century real soon.

And Dina, please for the love of sweet merciful jesus on high, go make out with a loaded shot gun. You're nothing but fetid waste unfit for even a third world hole in the ground.

June 18, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Red Pison

That woman is bloody insane and should be locked away in a padded cell. She is responsible for her daughter being a junkie.

June 18, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  173. Dina Lohan is Long Island Trash

Dina Lohan is why I don't hate Lindsay Lohan. I would be a switch hitting coke wh*re with a taste for the sauce if that sack of human filth were my mother too.

June 18, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Buck Ofama

Why doesn't Dina get off her fat azz and get a job so she won't have to use her daughter's name to get free stuff???

June 18, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Greedo

She looks hot in that picture.

June 18, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  176. the diva

clearly only little people pay taxes, and pay for ice cream.

June 18, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Jackie

Lindsey's mother might be a piece of work, but her dad gets the jerk of the century award for being the trashiest. The apples haven't fallen far from this dysfunctional family tree.

June 18, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  178. sherry

What cheap white trash that woman is......try paying for your ice cream you pathetic old hag!

June 18, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laye

You called her old hag, I am pretty sure she looks 1 million times much better looking than u are.

June 18, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  179. Harley Man

I hear Lindsay is rehersing for her new role as Linda Lovelace so she is in deep concentration. She is still working on her gag reflexes.

June 18, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  180. suzy diamond

You can tell this is Lindsey Lohan's mother! Now we know why Lindsey is the way she is.

June 18, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  181. Brian R

Hey, Dina got herself in the news again!
    They should be buying ice cream for others who can't afford it. There is no class there.
    But then again, Shame on Carvel for giving freebies to the privileged, instead of less privileged kids

June 18, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Joe

God how cheap can you get? What a mess that whole family is...I bet L.L. kicks the bucket before year-end.

June 18, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Harley Man

I hope Lindsay violates her probation again and they throw her in the slammer. Joran van der Sloot would make a good cellmate for her.

June 18, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  184. MAC

This family is a joke and should be a shame of their-selves!

June 18, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Joe R.

Dina told RadarOnline.com. "And for what? Over a free ice cream?!”

So why are you making it into a big deal Dina? Use your card or pay for it.

And Hollywood wonders why the rest of America is getting tired of their arrogance.

June 18, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Ryan

How awesome is the Ice Cream guy...I totally am picturing the Seinfeld soup Nazi working for Carvel...that's great. The cops had to make him give her the card. HA.

June 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • AK

That guy should totally get employee of the month AND a raise.

June 18, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kati

and a promotion

June 18, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucidLibra

I Love It, he leaves it inside the glass melting as he glares at her,, No Wonder She Drank Alot,,, But Hey, The Girl Did Not Lie, The Ankle band Malfunctioned, It Only Works If You Work It Lindsay! and... It Isn't Worth a Thing If You Can;'t ENJOY IT!

June 19, 2010 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Jess

I agree – give the guy a raise! I think the freebies the celebs get is ridiculous anyway, but free ice cream? Seriously? You'd think someone who "supposedly" has that much money would be embarrassed to ask for free ice cream!

And Carvel – you gave out 75 cards and you chose Lindsay and Ali Lohan. That is ridiculous. Choose someone who does some good in the world (maybe some graduating seniors who've made a difference in their community) – not pathetic, tabloid, "celeb" teens who've are the total opposite of a role model.

June 20, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  187. sp

a small example of abuse of power...to think mainstream society has given it to them...it is disheartening that there are families that cannot afford a simple ice cream cake for their children and that those who can scream for freebies...but hey what is with the corporations giving to those who already have so much, then using those funds to help those who would actually benefit from it.

June 18, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  188. CornQueen

Does anyone wonder why her daughter is nuts when her mother acts like this??? Is she so broke she cant pay for a cake herself? jeeze lady, the world owes you nothing and quit making your daughters your meal ticket. disgusting white trash.

June 18, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  189. Eric

The ice cream attendant should have destroyed the card immediately. Then he could have seen Dina MELT!!!!!

June 18, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  190. nasty

throw this opportunist mother in jail, preferably with van der sloot.

June 18, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • JRM

in a cell with Van Der Sloot>>> Really? Are you that stupid? She's a freeloading white trash; he's a psychopathic murderer.

in the same cell...No. In a different cell..... maybe.

June 19, 2010 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Nope, in the same cell captain literal.

June 20, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Ellen

So, they made the employee give her back the card, then told her not to use it again? Considering that this family has no regard for anyone but themselves, I highly doubt she won't be back fort more. ICE CREAM? DINA? REALLY? Has your life come to this? BUY IT YOUR SELF YOU USER!!!!

June 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  192. JB

Dina = Leach

How about you get a life that's not lived vicariously through your rich (and extremely messed up) children. Great job parenting. So sad.

June 18, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  193. Izzy

all I have to say about this is two words: White TRASH!

June 18, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justagirl

Or in her case..."Orange Trash"

June 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucidLibra

If Everywhere Any Of Us Went- a Gang of media Grabbers Watched Us Taking HUNDREDS Of Pictures as we Got Out Of Cars in Dressess for a 'Lucky Shot Or...? Whatever Waiting till they Got It – Or Made it LOOK Like They Did,, Anything To BLOW UP and Out Of Proportion, Gauranteed – We'd All Seem 'OFF' Somehow. They'd Make Sure to Make it Sound As Bad As Possible,,,To Keep Viewers Watching Only The Luckiest and Most Reclusive Escape It's Horror... Bottom line: ICE CREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM! FREE ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE FOREVER!!!

June 19, 2010 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  194. JOHN--- WEST BRANCH

MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER--- DAUGHTER LIKE MOTHER

June 18, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don't be hatin'

I feel sorry for Lindsey, she really does have a lot of talent, just lack of guidance. Not a big wonder why she has had problems with the stories you hear about her parents. Hopefully she will get help and get her life straightened out soon.

June 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • John Woods

"Lack of guidance"!?! Lindsay is close to being in her mid-20's now, isn't she? And her constant terrible behavior is STILL her mom's fault?

June 18, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  195. smiley jo

get a life lady & quit using your daughters, they are your children NOT your meal ticket!!

June 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  196. burnnout

looks like the ice cream came with nuts.

June 18, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

ROFLMAO! Thanks! I needed that!

June 18, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crazies.everywhere

hahaha you have that sooo right!! How cheap can you get?? You would have thought they would have been embarrassed the first time they were told not to use the card, instead they arrogantly kept coming back?? No class, poor Lindsey & Ali, how mortifying.

June 18, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • OneAM

1) Even if I was to try to rip someone off, If I was told the 1st time that I wasn't alowed – I would've been so embarrassed, I would've never showed my face in that place again. Proof-Positive that money can't buy class :P Another poster was right, I feel sorry for Lindsey – with parents like that, it's a wonder she didn't grow up to be a fricken serial-killer.

June 18, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • parkcityutahbrian

burnout....excellent comment...very snarky/snide and sarcastic, extremely clever and verrrry funnnny.

June 19, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  197. Holly Golightly

that is really sad...

June 18, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  198. Denizen Kate

Good grief! All this to-do over ice cream? Couldn't she just pay for it? She isn't broke, is she? This sort of behaviour from both of Lindsey Lohan's parents goes a long way towards explaining why she is such a mess. I almost (but not quite) feel sorry for her.

June 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  199. Wayne

They don't have enough money in the family, they need free ice cream cake???

June 18, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • carvelohan

Oh come on, the diarrhea they'll end up with later from the cake isn't worth the $11 it cost.

June 18, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • moon swine

Trash like that spends their money before it even gets wired into the account. This family is busted broke, I guarantee. Her career has not been long enough to warrant a wealth generating amount of royalties.

"hosting" parties only gets you so much cookiepuss

June 18, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary

Dina Lohan Dont You Have Any Pride? Your Making Yourself Look Like A Total Loser,

June 18, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

This is just my take on this. The econmy is really bad right now. If they wanted to promote there store they should have given these card out to there customers. Dini and Lindsey have plenty of money to purchase there own stuff, they do not need any help.

June 18, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryansnan

Why should Carvel give out "cards" to for so called "stars" to get freebies? I pay my way why shouldn't they?

June 19, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamielee

The company only gave the cards to celebs hoping they'd get popular through having celebrities showing up in their shop. This obviously backfired and I could have told it wouldn't go well if you gave one to Lohan. Does she even eat?
      The scene the mother made just shows her lack of dignity which her daughter has mirrored. Lindsey Lohan has potential, there is no doubt, but she needs to get a grip on reality and obviously not follow momma Lohans standards.

June 19, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • TheMovieFan

moon swine, how can you guarantee this?

June 19, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • jrick1

The Lohans should have their own wing at Attica!!

June 19, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • dumba$$celebs

Like mother like daughter....the world would be a better place without the Lohan clan.

June 22, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |