June 17th, 2010

'Toy Story 3' dominating ticket sales

The box office loves kids.

A week after Jaden Smith smashed the box office with “The Karate Kid,” Disney's “Toy Story 3” is already dominating ticket sales on Fandango.com.

The threequel to 1995’s “Toy Story” represents 67 percent of the ticket sales on the online retailer, followed by the “Twilight Saga: Eclipse” and moviegoers who still haven’t gotten enough of “Karate Kid," according to a statement from Fandango.

"Toy Story 3" opens this weekend along with "Jonah Hex," starring Megan Fox and Josh Brolin and "Cyrus" with Jonah Hill and John C. Reilly and Marisa Tomei.

Filed under: movies

1. cloudsurfer

Absolutely brilliant animation! Pixar has outdone itself.

June 26, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jessica

It was soooo good!!!! Loved every moment and can't wait to see it on DVD. I'm a sophmore in college but I definitely miss my toys now.

June 20, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bub Belbath

Super excited to see Toy Story 3. The first two are ABSOLUTE CLASSICS and it is sounding like they have pulled off what almost nobody ever does / has, a PERFECT trilogy!!

June 18, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kathy

Super love "Toy Story".. (who couldnt?). Looking forward to this movie. I can relate to Andy. I miss my doll.

June 18, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  5. Becky

Hello! I can't wait to see the movie when i saw the previews it brought back nice mermories; when the first Toy story came out my boys were 8yr & 3yrs. they loved it!. We seen it at El Capitan thearter, Toy Story 2 just the same even thou my oldest was in Jr high he even enjoyed himself . Now my youngest is 18yrs he will be going to college next yr (held him back) give me some time to let go!!!. Were're going as a family again to see this one. Im taking the original woody doll with me I bought my youngest back in 95.

June 18, 2010 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lori

Me and Andy going to college at the same time?! Just like I wanted it. I'm really excited but at the same time I want to be a kid again! I know! It's crazy! I was 5 when the movie first came out, and I absoulutely loved it when I saw it at the movies. I loved that all the fast food places were giving "toy story" toys in the kids meals, because I collected them all! I was so excited to see part 2 when I found out there was gonna be one! I've grown up with Toy Story, and it's coicidentally grown up with me. I will definitely cry!

June 18, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michelle

Saw it last night. I cried at the end. I went with my daughter who is heading off to college in the fall. I'm hoping she takes her beloved "Purple Baby" with her. It has been everywhere else with her so I can't imagine the baby doll being left behind. Great movie.

June 17, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Casey

I am one of the many young adults excited about this movie. If you've been on Facebook (and honestly..who hasn't?) you've seen the group "Move out of the way children. I've been waiting 11 years to see Toy Story 3..." To be honest, they've waited long enough to the point where Andy, the protagonist of the story, is my age: about to head off to college and wondering what will happen. It's a wonderful way to fill the summer, and many of the "young adults" will want to re-live their childhood once again.

June 17, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan Shidyak

I totally agree. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only young adult that likes Toy Story.

June 18, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |