June 15th, 2010

Salahis confirmed on 'Real Housewives of D.C.'

Bravo has released the list of "Real Housewives" for the Washington, D.C. installment of the franchise, and surprise, surprise: Michaele Salahi is indeed one of them.

Michaele crashed a White House state dinner with her husband Tareq last November, and the couple's media rep confirmed in March that they had landed roles on the Bravo reality show.

Bravo declined to comment at the time, but on Tuesday, the network sent out a statement revealing the new cast, and it turns out that Salahi will be among the five "real housewives."All of the women are supposed to have connections to “D.C. power players” as well as having “their pulse on the most important cultural events, political galas, gallery openings, and fundraisers in Washington society," according to Bravo's statement.

In the statement, Michaele is described as a “northern Virginia native and model” who founded America’s Polo Cup with her husband, who serves as the U.S. team captain. The Polo Cup is how Michaele is said to have met a variety of international political leaders.

The other “Housewives” include Mary Schmidt Amons, granddaughter of radio and TV personality Arthur Godfrey, mother of five and a D.C. philanthropist; Lynda Erkiletian, divorced mother of four and the owner of D.C. modeling agency T.H.E Artist Agency; Catherine Ommanney, the British wife of a White House photographer and mom of two; and Stacie Scott Turner, a philanthropist, political fund raiser, a Harvard grad and also a mom of two.

The media rep for the Salahis said in March that the couple had been auditioning for the series when they attended the state dinner without invitations. According to Bravo's statement, production for the show began "shortly after the historic election and inauguration."

"We wanted to dive into the Beltway subculture as it underwent a historic shift, one that previously has not been readily accessible or portrayed, and look at the political hierarchy and definitive social circles that make up D.C.'s unique society,” Andy Cohen, Senior Vice President for Original Programming and Development, Bravo, said in the statement. "We knew this was going to expose a different social narrative from any of our other 'Housewives' series – provocative and engaging in a whole new way.”

The show premieres Thursday, August 5 at 9 p.m.

Filed under: television

1. Mark McKee

It would be much more entertaining if they threw her in the tank with the Real Houswives of Jersey. Now THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT!

September 20, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  2. RW

This literally makes my head hurt. Those two need to be IN JAIL, not on a reality show. I hate this country's culture so much these days.

July 22, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Paul

A TOTAL waste of TV Bandwidth

June 16, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Terry

Fools names and fools faces are always found in public places.

June 16, 2010 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  5. Bill

I'm glad CNN is staying on top of this.

June 16, 2010 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  6. lisa

I agree too. I think they are a couple of real losers

June 16, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. Frank Rizzo

I agree Boycott Bravo Entertainment.........What a bunch of freaks.......lowlifes......Losers.....The list is too long....lol......

June 15, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. marie

Boycott bravo and all their trash shows!

June 15, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bill

Why is she incapable of having her picture taken without tiliting her head? Someone explain this to me....

June 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jane

USA = Reward the Guilty with celebrity status & Punish those doing what they are suppose to. US doesn't "create" anything but phony celebrities.

June 15, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. me

Mission accomplished. All about the $.

June 15, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. she

that is the stupidest comment i have read in a long time. I am truly surprised that you managed to figure out how to type it on the keyboard.

June 15, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. DD VT

I confess, I watch Real Housewives NYC and OC, but enough is enough.

June 15, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Open-minded

So many of you criticize the media for the over-coverage of the Salahis but do not realize that the over-coverage has influenced your opinions......be careful and think for yourselves. There is a reason why the social secretary quit her job at the White House........hmmmmmm maybe the Salahis DID have an invite! The media has a way of twisting and influencing people to think a certain way.

June 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Book

I agree. The were never arrested and basically took a bullet for the White House staff who screwed up big time. The had an invite even if it was a huge mistake by the social secretary. that is the truth. All this posting about how much you hate them is exactly what BRAVO wants. Look at the publicity (free!) they have generated for the show. If you care enough to post here, you know you'll be watching. Let's face it, were all jealous cuz she was just like us and now she is going to make a ton of money and be famous world wide. You'll be watching, if your posting here you'll be watching suckers.

June 15, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Enoch

Don't kid yourself. These are two truly selfish people. They didn't do any favor for the WH. They crashed the WH party to get some RH cred and some cash from interviews. They have been named in 16 civil cuits, and have left quite an extensive paper trail in federal bankruptcy and state court filings. One of their court cases includes a long court battle with Tareq’s parents over their family winery. Court records show Tareq sued his mother, Corinne, and the case was dismissed. Corinne sued Tareq and the case went to trial. Tareq and Michaele won control of the winery in 2007, but it has run into debt since then. The winery filed for bankruptcy back in February, and owes over $900,000 in debt.

These two are a four-legged slime machine – they want money and celebrity – that is all.

June 15, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Enoch

I miswrote. They have actually been sued 30 times since 2004. Their modus operandi is to skip out on bills and wait it out. Often, they aren't sued as they bilk a smaller business who calculates that suing would cost more than they could reclaim. When they are sued, they then counter-sue to drive up costs. These two are cretins. There is currently an investigation into their "charity" which I hope has them both in jail and way from legitimate honest business people.

June 15, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Enoch

Oh, yeah, I forgot. They most often lose when they are sued, but still don't pay. A fat ball of slime with a plastic ball of slime. I am wondering when will they turn on each other.

June 15, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • book

well Enoch, you already sound like a major fan of them and the show. The favor they did for the White House was not to testify at the hearing. The took the 5th and the social secretary had to resign. I don't care how many lawsuits are filed against them. Are you suggesting that the other area housewives are some fine upstanding members of society. LOL!! LOL! They are all exactly like the Salahi's, "money can't buy them class." but their dignity is for sale. All of them are boobs and that's why we will all be watching. It's a train wreck and the cast of these shows has the last laugh on all of us because they cash in big time. The Salahi's already have a book ready to go on sale. Trust me it will sell whether you phony intellects say you'll buy it or not.

June 15, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Enoch

Please don't put words in my mouth. It is unseemly. I have said nothing about the rest of the RH "cast" so don't act as if my commentary on the Salahis is a reflection on them. But I guess that is the only real point you can make in pretending the Salahis actually did the WH a solid by protecting their own interests. I have pointed out several facts about how this couple operates. You have deliberately misconstrued words to misdirect a point. Shame.

Sadly you are right. This does sell. To people like you. I have never pretended it didn't. Congrats on helping to lower a bar that has been sitting on the ground for a while now.

June 16, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. Stuckinthemiddlewithyou

Power players? Seriously? No true "Power Player" would ever be on a show like this. That would be like Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks being on an episode of Cribs to show off their houses.

June 15, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Teri

I have always watched OC Housewives, but of late they have all become trashier and trashier. To put on this Salahis person is the ultimate insult to Americans. They not only broke the law, they endangered the security of the President of the United States. For the life of me, I can not figure out why they were not prosecuted. But to put them on tv and give them exactly what they wanted is abhorred. I can't fathom that the people in this country, and the people that control our entertainment have let their scruples and morals go completely to hell. I won't watch. Bravo you have sank to an ultimate low, right along with the vultures of Wallstreet and BP Oil. Andy Cohen, you should be ashamed!

June 15, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. It Figures

Well, they got exactly what they wanted. Shame on you Bravo for falling for their crap.

June 15, 2010 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • It Figures

and "they", I mean the Salahis'. Just a couple of phony, greedy people.

June 15, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  18. vanessa

Are we so culture-starved that even a half-wit whose accomplishments include looking good (well, that's it, really) like this can be lauded as having "their pulse on the most important cultural events, political galas, gallery openings, and fundraisers in Washington society," ???

Maybe she would be better suited for a spot on "Lifestyles of the Broke and Trashy."

June 15, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Mandy

LOVE the series but will not watch the DC one because of the Salahis! Hope Bravo feels the effect of their poor choice of housewives on this one! No real DC power player would have to sneek into a state dinner!!

June 15, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Enoch

The thing I really don't understand is that there are a ton of educated, beautiful and interesting women in DC that would actually make the show interesting to watch. This low-level crackhead and her fat husband are just a pair of losers who didn't get enough attention as children.

I am actually a bit surprised I haven't read that the Omorosa-thing isn't on the show. I bet she is throwing a fit right now.

June 15, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Enoch

OK, the plastic, social-climbing phony I can buy being put on the show. I think it is sad that Bravo rewards her boorish and criminal behavior, but I don't watch these shows anyway. But do they really expect me to think that fat guy who cheated his parents out of their vineyard can actually play polo? Please.

June 15, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Laurie

Rereading the article I noticed the quote at the bottom from "Andy Cohen, Senior Vice President for Original Programming and Development, Bravo"......Are you kidding me?!?! "ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING:?!?!?!?!

They should have been prosecuted for trespassing and breaching security to begin with!!!

June 15, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Dr. Greg

I can remember when Bravo was a high class channel. Boy, I don't know how much lower they can go but they seem to be determined to find out with the Salahis. BTY a bit of touch up on her hair (gray roots) wouldn't have hurt before this picture!

June 15, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  24. steve

Boycott the show!

June 15, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Paully B.

They are plain white dumpster trash. They think they are above the law. The way we get trash off of TV is to stop validating them by watching. Boycott Bravo and their sick attempt at calling this entertainment. These people are trash who try and make National Security a joke. Put them in jail and put them out of business.

June 15, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  26. bill

has anyone been with Michaele i have a few guys who say she is quick on the stick? any truth to that??

June 15, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Scott

They should call the show "Real Trash" because real women, especially Mothers, don't act like this. Secondly, they are criminals and should be in JAIL. Make that a reality show, "Trash and how the get jailed".

June 15, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Teehee

Bravo should do a Real Househusbands show.

June 15, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Laurie

Bravo: Show some initiative as a Network and actually create an interesting show without stooping to the current laziness that all other networks are doing with all these so-called "reality shows". They are not reality – a whole sea of lonely, sad, and disgusting people who think that their lives are interesting enough that the world wants to watch them. All those people just put on an act for whatever cameras are around. Just look at how that blonde strutted and posed for photographers when she/they weren't even important enough to be invited. That was just disgusting, both for that couple and for the photographers and tabloids who took and keep taking their pictures thinking that ANYONE even cares to see them. I am so sick of "reality shows". Let's get back to shows with real actors and talented writers. ENOUGH OF THE FLUFF! Salahi: Crawl back under the rock where you came from and belong, and take your husband with you for putting up with your attention-craving antics.

Disgusting, just plain disgusting. I'm talking about this "woman". Oh, and Bravo as well.

Bravo, are you even listening to all this negativity posted here??? The idea that bad publicity is better than good publicity is not always correct.

Oh, and enough of the Kardashians (whoever decided they were newsworthy I can't even fathom), and get rid of Kate! I'm so sick of hearing about all this trash.

What a waste of my time today that even writing this has been! You can bet I won't be watching any of these series!

June 15, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

Well said Laurie. As I said in my post above the reality shows are ludicrous and it is time that viewers turn their back to this trash. Not just this one but all of them.

June 16, 2010 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. Futon Torpedo

Well Bravo to Bravo for reaching a new LOW!!! I'd rather watch Real Housewives of Montpelier!

June 15, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Iamme

Rename the show, "Morons fo DC"! There are plenty of other people who could star on that show!

June 15, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Andacar

Proof positive that talent, brains and character have nothing to do with being famous. All you have to do is barge into a White House party uninvited and you are guaranteed to get your own TV show. Just don’t expect me to watch it and validate this narcissistic spoiled child.

June 15, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Nick

Why are these 2 not in jail? Better yet-send them to the gulf so they can be used as the plug for the oil leak.

June 15, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Max

I totally understand where everyone is coming from as far as how they feel. But as long as there are Bravo's out there who will reward the Mrs. Salahis of the world with a TV show, women or men like that have no reason not to seek their 15 minutes of fame. And sadly, its people like us who gave reality shows their strength. Now they have reality shows for everything. For some reason is seems that people who have money fool themselves into believing that they must have intelligence. We see that the while the Salahi's have money–they are very low on the "brains" totem pole. But at the same time, can we blame the Paris Hiltons and Michaele Salahis of the world for being such attention mongers when there is always going to be room for them on some TV show somewhere or people are going to clamor to find out what they ate for breakfast?? Maybe I am not making sense, but its just my two cents.

June 15, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Rick

I can not believe with literacy rate so high in this country, people still watch reality shows.

June 15, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kelly

I love the Housewives, it's my total guilty pleasure...but I will never watch the DC version with this pair on it. Sorry Bravo..you finally lost me on this one.

June 15, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jan

I find it disturbing that these people are being rewarded for a stunt they never should have pulled (and find it even more disturbing that nothing is being done about their illegal entry into the White House - no matter what your political slant is, that area should be secure). It does appear now that the "reality" show producers could have been behind the party-crashing event.

June 15, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Don

It is truly sad that this BS is going on in the world today. Rewarded for criminal activity is criminal in itself. It is sad that probably for every 1 person posting in here there are 10 that will watch the show. Look around you, the world is full of greed and publicity hungry people. All we can do is shake our head in shame and thank the Lord we are not one of them. A young lady on Dr. Phil said her dream in life was to have her own reality show. Is that what the youth of today is aspiring to do in the future? Disgusting. Reality shows , all of them, are terrible for society and rewarding the crashers is testiment to that. Why can't the reality shows be shows about heroes in the world and not criminals. Bravo and other media this is truly PATHETIC.

June 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. cheryl

First off, I can't believe that people actually watch this crap. Second who told her she was famous? I wish the secret service had put her and her husband in jail for crashing a party that they were not invited to. They both look like people who are so attention desperate it makes me sick. She thinks she is so hot, LOL with her stringy bleached blonde hair that is so OUTDATED! Get a new look honey that one has been done before!! I will never watch that crap on tv I'd rather watch grass grow!

June 15, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Mimi49

I never miss an episode of the Real Housewives...............until now. I won't be watching this series simply because this broad is a joke. There clearly is nothing "real" about her. I think Andy and the rest of the Bravo brass really screwed up this time.

June 15, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Ellie

This is soooooooo STUPIDO on all levels. Bravo is beyond delusional. Folks in DC don't even watch the local garbage on our TV stations and you expect us to watch these retards? Are you serious?

I didn't care for the OTHER ignorant and fake housewives shows. Majority aren't even WIVES...so this won't be a stretch for me. Folks who plan on watching the show must be a MISERABLE and DESPERATE to be watching these losers! I'd rather get a root canal than watch the Salahis or any other imposter.
    Good luck with that.....

June 15, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Sailor

I can't believe "BRAVO" will let such a losser join "Real Housewives". This just let me know that Bravo is hurting for some kind of big show. But this is not the one. They are want to be important and yet we continue to support these "idiot" that almost affected our "national security" and not to mention someone lost there job becasue of them. They should be put thru some pain.

June 15, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. rfd

Not that anyone with half a brain would watch that show anyway... but what a disgusting decision.
    The state of entertainment, and the average American TV viewer, makes me sad.

June 15, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  44. 1jimmyhoffa

THERE IS ONLY ONE THING WELL MAYBE TWO, THAT I WANT TO SEE ON HER. I MEAN THAT IN A VERY NICE WAY TOO.

June 15, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. 1jimmyhoffa

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

June 15, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  46. 1jimmyhoffa

I CAN'T EXPRESS ENOUGH HOW EXCITED I AM ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW I WILL WATCH IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN THANKS BRAVO YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 15, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Jennifer

Really? Boycott the advertisers? Give me a break. You're going to have to watch the show to figure out who the advertisers are...and then that will make you a hypocrite. (Go ahead and say it, "Give me a break"...Exactly) So what, they went to the State Dinner uninvited. They say they thought they had a last minute spot, the White House denies it. It's he said, she said. The White House is the one that effed up! You people act like they freaking murdered someone! Get over it! The Real Housewives is about as real as the Bachelor and the Bachelorette. It's pure entertainment and I for one will tune in until they start acting like ghetto fools like the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

June 15, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sher

LOL, Frank, the BRAVO network should be named "We Exploit the Dumb & Dumber"
    These so called "stars" of the shows value infamy and $$ more than character. And, no doubt there are some that don't have the smarts to realize they are being exploited for their bad behavior. They don't understand that they should be embarrassed, and actually think they are admired. What a hoot!
    I hope this trend dies out soon. It's so sad that society rewards bad behavior–Bravo for paying these goof balls, and the viewers for keeping the ratings up.

June 15, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Lilly of the Valley

Get serious people.........Why waste your life watching fictious lifestyles of fame seeking wannabes? Reality shows are a big waste of time. So sad that so many people find this stuff worth watching.

June 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Vaughn

Oh yeah! Way to show the world the REAL United States... a fat, over the hill, nouveau moron and his emaciated, bleached, brainless trophy wife. NOT! I have had enough and I will go most of you one better; I am deleting Bravo from my channel listings entirely, lol... and I bet you I won't even notice it's gone. The sad thing is that the execs at Bravo will be reading all of these comments and waiting for the revenue to roll in. And it will.

June 15, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Agapart

Does her father have something growing under his chin? It looks like he got has a hockey puck stuck sideways in there somewhere. Does the USA have a Polio Team? How do they sail if they're paralyzed?

June 15, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Agapart

Nice picture with her Dad.

June 15, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. gousa2010

you guys are all full of it..people saying they aren't going to watch the show, of course your going to watch it, you read blogs about this crap, there is absolutley no doubt in my mind that you all will be sitting on your sofa sucked into the debut episode so stop lying to yourselves. Plus that Mary Amons is foiinne

June 15, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Rough Rider

I pray that she gets the most painful cancer that is out there and cant come to work.

June 15, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Trevor, Austin, TX

You've got to be kidding me. Bravo boycott sound good to anyone?

June 15, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  56. ken

These people deserve to be in jail not on television! Shame on Bravo as they help to destroy the integrity of our society, along with much of the other media interests. I will not watch this program and I will not support Bravo for their missteps.

June 15, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Melissa

She's the same type of person who would pretend their kid was flying around in a weather balloon for her 15 SECONDS of fame. This is ridiculous – I'm tired of seeing poor behavior rewarded! Are you kidding me?

June 15, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Frank

BRAVO should name the show DUMB & DUMBER.

June 15, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Sly

Not a fan of any of the Real Housewives series, and ESPECIALLY not this one. Aren't they in extreme debt? And still under federal investigation? From what I understand, the people featured on these shows are rich and generally innocent of any crimes...these people just gate crashed a state dinner at the White House and suddenly they qualify as connected, powerful, and influential? Bravo screwed up on this one.

June 15, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  60. ps

What is the story about Oasis Winery? From the beginning....

June 15, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Justin

She is a gold-digging dork. She should be in jail for threating the president's security. She will be denied her 15 minutes of fame as far as I am concerned as I will never watch any TV show that this flaming idiot is on.

June 15, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JD

These people stiffed a lot of good people here in DC and should be in jail. Bravo should do their research before they put people like this on their show. They are truly not power brokers and are considered scam artists by the locals in DC.

June 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I think you forgot something... The local people in Hume, VA too and the surrounding area...

June 15, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  63. AL

We all have the writer's strike from a few years ago to blame for all this "reality" TV. Compared to this, "Three's Company" comes off as an Emmy award nominee.

June 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red45

You're right. Thanks for the historical perspective. What's ironic is that it started with a writers' strike to which TV moguls effectively replied: "fine, we don't need you anyway; we'll do reality shows." But NOW, writers are again fully employed creating scenarios and dialogue for these shows. And they're usually more interesting than "Three's Company."

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

June 15, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Red45

And, furthermore, television is still a "vast wasteland".

June 15, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Red45

I love the Real Housewives series but WILL NOT WATCH THE D.C. VERSION simply because these people will be on it. What's the difference between these people and the Balloon Boy family? It's clear they are fame-seeking mongers and will do whatever it takes to get their 15 minutes of fame. Not appealing at all.

June 15, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Ali

Besides.... is there something wrong with her neck??? In every photo her head is tilted to one side. Saw her on TV and before I could get to the remote to change the channel... there went her head.. tilting to one side as her husband spoke. I don't think it is a problem of her brain being so weighty.

June 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Ali

I agree with Nimki.... severe personality disorder. She and her husband also think that they are so "special" that they are above the law.... dangerous thinking. BUT... if you really want your voices heard... BRAVO doesn't pay attention to these blogs. Write/email their advertisers telling them you will not be buying their products because they support this program that celebrates dysfunctional behavior. Sure, one letter won't make a difference.. nor will 100... but at some point someone will hear the message. Better than preaching to the choir.

June 15, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Good idea. Don't let these losers get another 15 min. of fame. Write to the sponsors.

June 15, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  67. BLah

How are they a power couple in a way in the D.C area when they are bankrupt?

June 15, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

They are bankrupt because they spend to much on partying and other crap. Also to note they don't live in DC at the time of the White House dinner crash. They lived in Linden, Va which is 50 plus miles away from DC.

June 15, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Chris

OMG... Here is the true story of them... They lost the Winery and crash the white house dinner in hope to get money on a show so they can buy it back... They have $3 Mil in debt due to bad spending and a lot of conflict in the family. The Oasis Winery has two website which two different people run it. It's a BIG DRAMA issue with Tareq and Corinne because they're in a "family feud for ownership of the Hume, VA winery and have competing websites" [Warren Country Report]. The article "Tangles in the Vine" from Washington Post explains it a little better about their debt.

June 15, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Oscar the Grouch

Media has totally missed what Mr. Salahi did to bring down Oasis Winery, owned by his parents

June 15, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. lsp

Trash and more trash.......and you watch it so what does it say about you!

June 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Sandra Kleiman

This couple should have gone to jail! They are a disgrace and they violated and broke our security! Why they were not charged is amazing and daunting. Oh well, the same people which allow Elliot Spitzer NOT to be disbarred!!!!

June 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • laurie

What? The "people" who didn't charge other people for "breaking our security" (whatever that means) are the same "people" who didn't disbar Elliot Spitzer? DC and NY are not the same. There may be a train that runs from one city to the other, but one is not responsible for the laws of the other. And how are the party crashers and Eliot Spitzer even remotely related? Don't drink so much in the morning.

June 15, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Buster

It just goes to show that rich narcissistic people can be as pathetic as trailer trash. What's more pathetic is that people watch this crap.

June 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Andrew

you guys give this couple for free a publicity they crave.

June 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  74. JoeBob

Instead of these people being prosecuted for trespassing, they get a show....go figure.

June 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  75. s

Just what we need on tv, another fake blonde with fake boobs!

June 15, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  76. IPvelvethammer

remember when Bravo was synonymous with quality programming? I will boycott them now forever...give my regards to oblivion.

June 15, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Silvio

These 2 belong in jail alongside the Secret Service meatball that was in charge of security.

June 15, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. josh

Who cares there all a bunch of gold digging plastic dolls. And alot of them are butt ugly anyway. I say they cancel all the shows. Lets flaunt how much money we have while the world is falling apart and in debt.

June 15, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. MTMR

NOT watching....the only Housewives show I will REFUSE to watch – on principal !

June 15, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Kate

I wonder how many of you people bashing Bravo and this show will actually stand by their convictions? If you don't want to see this crap on TV show it by boycotting the show. Otherwise garbage like this will keep airing.

June 15, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Tracy

Love the housewives. I won't watch DC. That woman lacks class. Oh wait, most of the housewives do.....

June 15, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Willow

The sad part is that a lot of people will actually watch this pointless show.

June 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  83. none

well i'll be watching!!! Why you ask? cause this show is not on for you to learn anything its on for you to laugh at dumb rich people. she will deff give you a couple of laughs so watch for what she is A drama producing idiot. anyway i think its going to be good and Bravo knows exactly what they are doing. the fact that yall are on here arguing about the show is already boosting their ratings

June 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  84. mary

They should have been sent to jail..instead they get a reality show. Pathetic

June 15, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Laura

Should be entertaining at least. I love the RHW shows because they are hilarious and catty, and its fun. If they really want to keep it real they should do a show on actual "real housewives" like those women who's husbands work in coal mines, etc.....The Real Housewives of McDowell Co., West Virginia" Now that would be a HOOT!!!!!

June 15, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Harley Man

She is low-class trash with a flat head and a crooked nose. Her and her husband should have both gotten jail time for crashing the White House. Them getting away with it makes me worry about national security. I virtually throw rotten tomatoes at them.

June 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Debi

This is exactly why people do stupid things to get media attention. They want (and are usually awarded with) fortune and fame. The judge in the balloon boy's case did the right thing by forbidding the family from financial gain stemming from the incident.
    You Tube, reality TV and 24 hour news media has caused people to go off the deep end so they can become "famous".

June 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jake

I think Bravo will find they made a big mistake putting these folks on and many folks will decide not to watch for this reason

June 15, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Spooger

Being straight, I've blocked this channel on my TV.

June 15, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Cathy

Not another "housewives" series??!!?? I have to admit to watching the NYC, OC, and NJ versions - it's kinda like watching an impending train wreck - you know it's gonna happen but you can't tear your eyes away from it LOL. It this really the way these people behave when the cameras aren't rolling? For the most part, from what I've seen, it's materialistic, catty, vicious women treating each other badly!! Stop the madness!!

June 15, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  91. TGUN270

The two need to be arrested for fraud not rewarded for their behavior.

June 15, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Billy

Bravo, you guys blow for making this decision. Why make a mockery of your franchise?

June 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  93. nj in texas

Trash!

June 15, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Carol

I love the Housewives shows. I WILL NOT WATCH HOUSEWIVES of DC DUE TO THE Salachis BEING ON IT! They should be in jail for being a threat to Naitonal Security.

June 15, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  95. zazu pitts

I'm a big fan of the couple. They will make the ratings of Bravo soar. Where can I buy it's stock? Ya see, Americans love sleeze. That's why National Enquirer, US, People mag, etc., are doing so well. Americans can't get enough of this couple. More power to them. It just goes to show that a blonde pretty face with a vapid brain & no conscience can make it big in the USA. Next, she'll have a huge modeling career, because she's so hot. I love the gal. Where else can you make crime pay without actually committing a robbery (not sure this counts since there's really been misrepresentations everywhere)? I'm making my grandkids watch the show & will council them to follow her lead. See how easy it is to cheat & get rich, kids? You go, girl!

June 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Mike

Great, another Housewife show. Why?

June 15, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  97. cw112

Disgusting – just like the Octomom – her show did not last long. I will NEVER watch this infuriating trash of a couple – phony and just WEIRD people.

June 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Boof

What's Bravo anyway? Low rent reality shows full of alternative lifestyle botards with ljust slightly less talent then Kathy Griffin.

June 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Bill Ball

I'm so glad I pulled the plug on my TV. I can't imagine how I ever got by wasting hours a day in front of that thing. Nitwits watching nitwits. Pull the plug people and open a book and your mind.

June 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  100. princesscali

everybody saying they aint going to watch it but deep inside when it come down to it you will be watching it to see how she lives and just to watch it!...... the channel is going to make crazy money off that....

June 15, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  101. SBL

They are already successful....may giving this lots of attention.

June 15, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  102. frank

Bravo is desperately trying to get some sort of rating boost but it is going to back fire because the producers are dumb .
    Send the Salahis to clean up the beaches with the oil spill.

June 15, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  103. shari

Their behavior was criminal, not just bad; they didn't just crash a party. They should be in jail, not on TV. I think these shows are all stupid and will be sure not to even channel surf on this one.
    Time to stop watching stupid things like this, Kate plus 8, and all the other wasted space shows.
    These stations don't think very highly of Americans or they wouldn't put this garbage on; of course, ratings show America likes this garbage. So sad.

June 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jennalynn

Break the law… Be a threat to national security… and get a reality TV show…

The Salahi’s should be deemed “criminals”, and instead they become “celebrities” in the public eye.

It’s no wonder that other countries view us as arrogant and ridiculous.

If our society rewards negative, dangerous and unethical behavior – then negative, dangerous and unethical behavior is what we can expect.

I am proud and blessed to be born and raised an American… I love my county, and have the perpetual hope that we will better ourselves – and learn from our poor choices. I am embarrassed that our society chooses to empower those who will “sell themselves” simply because others are willing to buy…

June 15, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Legal Alien

Detest them. Thank god they did not reproduce..

June 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  106. jae

JL, you probably thought Palin was hot too. you need to get out more.

June 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • cg

Palin is hot, in the head. That's why she is such an idiot, she has lived her life thinking her looks will feed her. Dumb Moose Head. Drill baby Drill
      Somebody should have Drilled something in her head.
      Do we know yet who trigg's mother is?

June 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

@cg...do use a favor troll, have an accident cleaning your gun.

June 15, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  107. jae

The American Dream, break into the White House, break into a government officals office by posing as a telephone repair person, taking your robe off-put on a suite and say we need to deregulate america to allow business to say, "I refuse serve you because you are different than me. Oh, I forgot to mention, you have to be WHITE to do this. Can you imagine a minority doing any of these things. You cant because it has never happened. And everybody, please stop using the term, "Person of Color" what is the difference if you said, "Colored People" Americans pls wake up. remember the anthem, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" Over the last 8 years.

June 15, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  108. JL

There's no denying that she's sizzling HOT.

June 15, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  109. verronica

Love the RH series... I watch them all..it's my guilty pleasure but I WILL NOT be watching the DC series. What Michaele did really turned me off to knowing anything about her and her family. Bravo listen to your fans, I'm not the only one who won't be watching.

June 15, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Boycott Bravo

I will never watch Bravo TV for continuing this notion of, "if you're a complete idiot, come to America; we'll make you a star."

June 15, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Fran

Why does the media or any television series for that matter bring attention to idiots who CRAVE for publicity? Are you people nuts? You are just as bad when you need to hire power hungry people on your show just to get better ratings. What's wrong with all of you?

Sometimes tactics like these back fires and you lose your audience in addition to respect. If you need better ratings, get better writers. You don't have to stoop that low to hire these "NO CLASS Wanna-Be's" onto your show.

Get a grip and hire people with more CLASS.

June 15, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Joe

I'm with all the other folks on the string...Housewives is good shallow entertainment. Take it for what it is, faux reality TV with a bunch of ladies who peaked in high school and knocking on 50 still trying to be valid. But allowing the Salahi's to be on a show when they are basically criminals...is criminal. I love Washington DC but will not watch this show because of them. Michele is obviously a botox and filler ridden self absorbed egotistical pyschopath well beyond her prime (probably wasn't all that in her hey day) and should just stay shadows where roaches and mice belong. And her husband is just a dork. They endangered and needlessly embarrased our president, and country and cost several hardworking people their jobs so she could post FB photos and get on TV. They are traitors and shame on Bravo for exploiting this.

June 15, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  113. barbara

Yeah, not going to watch. EVER.

June 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  114. JoeAverageGuy

A tramp by any other name...like Housewives of....

June 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Jo

Idiots! That's all they were going for, too be on T.V. And these morons gave it to them. So folks, break the law, make an ass of yourself, and you too will be on T.V. UNBELIEVABLE!!!. Well, you know what's coming next, Ballon boys family. That's all they were shooting for and you know the same same morons will put them on somewhere. T.V definately has gone away.

June 15, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Niimki

Diagnosis from DSM IV: 301.50 Histrionic Personality Disorder. Look it up. She fits big time. Most of the women on that type of show (and many other "reality" shows) having raving personality disorders of one kind or another. Sad that we and the media pander to it, watch it or allow it on our waves. More tragic is that it may set a bad role model example for younger viewers, especially young women. Anyone who thinks a person like this (or the Kardashians, Snookie, etc. ) are healthy is seriously mistaken. Get them help, not a time slot on cable.

June 15, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  117. MorePowerToYa

What are you guys getting your panties in a wad for? #1 – RH is, always has been, and always will be drivel. #2 – They crashed a party, so what? Yes, it was a BIG party, and the security for it must have been a joke because they got in! More power to them. Wish I could say that I had crashed a big ole party like that!

June 15, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  118. sparky49

This woman is a first class phoney and a non-celebrity if there ever was one. Rewarding criminal behavior should in itself be a crime. Shame on the producers of this show. Rewarding her clearly illegal behavior with a television contract is very bad decision making and conveys to the public only the worst part of her character. What a cheap and distasteful piece of television. I will not watch it – and can only hope it fails miserably as it deserves to do so.

June 15, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  119. SBA

I love to be entertained by book, TV, and good movies on occasion but having this woman on this show is absolutely a manifestation of all the things wrong with America. These people are so far in debt that they were taken to court by their gardener for non payment of fees. When pressed by the court in their county in Virginia, they paid him by giving the gardner a Phillipe Patek watch which was found later to be a fake. There are so many women out there that view these "real housewives" as paragons of wealth and taste when it seems to be a lack of both. Unfortunately, this so called good life is really a pretty facade covering a lot of breast augmentation, bankruptcies and, most definitely, fake watches. The Real Housewives of DC should have been around 50 years ago when both of my grandmothers were housewives in our nation's capitol...they could have taught lessons in class and taste.

June 15, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Lisa

This news confirms that I will NOT be watching the new "Real Housewives' show. I will not be party to rewarding bad behavior and promoting a publicity seeking, vapid couple.

June 15, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Robert

Why wouldn't they put them on? Even though people say they won't watch, they will. Big Ratings! But yeah, it sucks that they get rewarded.

June 15, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  122. SalahisSuck

TV Sucks, Cable Suck, Commercials Suck and now you have these schmucks reining in on funds from BRAVO. Just another network that neither I nor my family will watch again. Cannot believe the American cable runs crap like this....someday, they will find out the hard way when we all say, "See Ya" for Hula or some other USER controlled cable network. What happened to people actually getting REAL jobs to make money? these clowns are the schumcks of America and should not be compensated a DIME for their worthless efforts.

June 15, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Linda

For all the people complaining my suggestion turn the station don't watch....

June 15, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Pebanks2

As with the rest of those who commented, I will not be watching this show either. These people breached security, lied, and cost someone their job just for the sake of getting on tv. I'm really tired of seeing vapid misfits and home wreckers get rewarded for bad behavior. And on top of that, they're nothing but a pair of bankrupt posers. I guess that's the requirement to be a Bravo housewife.

June 15, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • MorePowerToYa

Dude lost his job because he didn't do it right and had they been terrorists, we would be in a world of hurt.

June 15, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Jay

Back in the day to break into show business, you worked hard to learn your craft. Get discovered by a producer, and the world was yours. Now a days you just commit a crime and BAM, you have a TV show. This is how we reward our criminals give them millions of dollars and a public stage. So pathetic!!!

June 15, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Vicky

Bravo made a bad call on this one. I've enjoyed the previous shows, but I will never watch the D.C. series as long as they feature these media wh0res. Their behavior is disgusting,and it's bound to get even worse as they vie for more airtime on the series.

June 15, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Jas

Will absolutely not watch this show now that this media grubbing couple is on it. SHAME on the network!!!!! How about we not reward people who behave in an unethical way for a change.

June 15, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  128. l.e.

Shallow idiots, get a life and do something worthwhile.

June 15, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  129. paul

i will not watch. im sure thats what your sponsers want to hear.ATTN: sponsors dont tie your good name with this ............ thing.

June 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  130. vingram6

I'm not surprised. The sleaze goes on and on. I watched a couple of episodes of Real Housewives of New York the other day. I have never seen a more self-indulgent, childish, spoiled, narcissistic group of women in my life.

June 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Sarah

I absolutely will not consider watching this show due to this. Not to say any "Real Housewife" is classy to begin with, but Bravo failed to draw a line here where it should have.

June 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  132. JC

Andy Cohen – just made a bad decision... the Salahis are a couple who should not be promoted. I'm a huge fan of OC, NYC, NJ and ATL...but will not be watching the Housewives from my own area... to avoid supporting Michaele ridiculousness!

June 15, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Chessnutz of Liverpool NY

Criminals belong in jail. Not making money on a TV series. Bravo had better re-consider this casting choice.

June 15, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  134. webkitty

They both think that this gig is going to get them so much attention that they'll be able to resurrect Oasis Winery. Way too late for that. They can't even get a buyer for it.

June 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  135. talkalot

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID... I will NOT watch this and will encourage others as well. Why haven't these folks been prosecuted for their actions. They SICKEN me!

June 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  136. andyman

Because she is EXACTLY what the makers of these shows look for: someone of limited ability, minimal personality and ZERO charm. She creates controversy, which is precisely what the viewers of these shows want to relieve them of their lackluster lives.

June 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Stephanie

As if the RH of Atlanta, NJ, NYC and more were not bad enough, they chose these two schmucks? Why even give them the airtime? Needless to say, I will not be watching this vapid drivel. As a "real housewife" I have better things to do with my time.

June 15, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • JIMBO

Like what? Go to the store and buy some bread or go get a pedi or mani, sounds like your doing A LOT to be a active part of our society. Sitting on your behind all day "watching the kids" and once in a while picking up a dish and washing it. Seems like some harrrrdddd work you have going on there!

June 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • yessirrr

Jimbo are you married to Stephanie? Definitely didn't think so. How stupid is it that you could possibly write your last comment and indirectly (and perhaps unbeknowest to someone as idiotic as yourself) support this couple whos mere existence offends me to the point of nausea? Maybe its because you call yourself Jimbo and somehow have a high opinion of yourself despite how blatantly obvious you make it to others that you are a complete and utter fool.

June 15, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dani

@ JIMBO: What would you know anyways about being a housewife, birthing children, etc?!?!?!? If you have nothing nice to say then why open your big mouth anyway? Your nothing but a pathetic moronic barbaric pig! Now go stink up another room with your negativity us women have better things to do! Suck one and die pigggg!

June 15, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dani

@ JIMBO: What would you know anyways about being a housewife, birthing children, etc?!?!?!? If you have nothing nice to say then why open your big mouth anyway? Your nothing but a pathetic moronic barbaric pig! Now go stink up another room with your negativity us women have better things to do! Suck one pigggg! I just don't understand why some people have to be so negative. You don't even know Stephanie, from the name Jimbo I doubt you have known many women in your life who would give your hill billy butt the time of day.

June 15, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • sri

hey Steph ! Really like you a lot. Are you divorced or single by any chance?

June 15, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stephanie's Husband

shes married to me you SOB

June 15, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • sri

@stephs husband.. you're a lucky guy..doesnt look like she is too lucky though...

June 15, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  138. let's be real

This is why I would never watch Bravo nor MTV... encouraging negative behavior for ratings... sad.

June 15, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cait

I know...Bravo used to be a channel with decent programming, then it decided to follow this ridiculous trend of reality shows. If I wanted to watch a bunch of middle aged plastics fight over insignificant things, than I would just go to a spa on the upper east side.

June 15, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  139. mike

excuse me while I vomit

June 15, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  140. webkitty

I hope they eat her alive! Her only claim to fame is that she married a guy with a winery and they then proceeded to bankrupt it.

June 15, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  141. BMacCartney

I need to break the law, then get my own show...

June 15, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Cait

You mean Michelle Obama isn't on the show??!! lol

June 15, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • cg

Cait- I think Michelle Obama may be Pretty and Rich but apears to have a life
      You sound ugly and poor.
      GET A LIFE HONEY

June 15, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

@cg.....you must be one ignorant piece of work. Cait is obviously making a harmless joke and you go a l postal on her. You're the one that needs a life. Troll!

June 15, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

cg, you sound shallow and hollow, both at the same time. cg = crying girl

June 15, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • KeWill

You've got to be kidding. First Lady Michele Obama is totally different from these women. They wouldn't be able to have a conversation with her.

Please.

June 15, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Karen

Sorry, will not watch this one. I said at the time of this fiasco that if they were part of the new show I would not watch...and I will not. What they did was unconscionable, and should not be acknowledged or rewarded in any manner. I still have not figured out why they have not been charged legally for what they did. People lost their jobs because of what they did.....it's just wrong. Come on Andy, you can do better than this!

June 15, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Austin

I am a big fan of Housewives as well, I will not watch the DC series. How could Bravo promote this couple??? Also, why are they putting divorcees on the show when it is suppose to be about housewives. Stupid. I also didn't watch the Jersey version either, ugh.

June 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Lindsi

This is exactly what they wanted...was to gain fame for crashing the White House party...and whadda know? My question is why in the hell is anyone stupid enough in giving it to them? They are THE WORST example of any marriage and of course that's what America craves now...is people showing all the wrong examples and full of nothing but SLIMY GREED! I thought Bravo would at least have more class than this, but that's becoming more and more obvious with all the crap that's on television now. SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!

June 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Richard

I will not watch this show because of them. I do not believe people should be rewarded for bad behavior.

June 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • KeWill

I agree with not rewarding bad behavior, but what ever happened with that situation.
      Were they ever taken to court? I don't think they were...and if they weren't, you have to ask yourself why.

June 15, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  147. MammaM

I agree with Marina – "I have been a huge fan of the "housewives" series. Sadly, I will not watch this program as long as Ms Salahis is a cast member. Why would BRAVO reward the bad behavior of this fake, attention-grabbing nitwit with a television show?"

June 15, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

Who cares about these woman anyways. ugh! I hate how this society only cares about pretty rich people, whatever happend to the average joe or jane hmm??

June 15, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • AliB

Julie- no one wants to watch an "average Joe or Jane". That would be boring.

June 15, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Marina

grabbing nitwit with a television show?

June 15, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Wimshurst

"Why would BRAVO reward the bad behavior of this fake, attention- grabbing nitwit with a television show?"

Er, because that's the definition of a "Real Housewife of . . ."?

June 15, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meg

DITTO! Amen Sister

June 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • JT

LOL!! I agree Wimshurst! The only way to become a housewife on bravo is to be a fake, attention grabbing nitwit!!

June 15, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Agree. I enjoy watching the other franchises of the show, even though most of the stars are just wanna-bes and not real A Listers (let's face it- no real A lister would be on this show). However, this woman has brought wanna-beism to a new low. I can't even believe they pass her off as a "power player". No power player would do what she did or need to do what she did. I won't be watching, either.

June 15, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Spendlove

A boring addition to an especially boring show.. no big surprise here.

June 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • CitygirlDC

For the same reason they have psychopath Danielle and nutjob Kelly on- drama and ratings

June 15, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Smell A Rat

It's obvious why they want her. She's a tabloid news story where ever she goes. Plus she's a hot bleach blonde bimbo, an attention getter whether you like it or not.

June 15, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Knight

I agree with others, this is trash and I will not watch Hosewives of DC. The Salahis's should be in jail, they kne exactly what they were doing and they got what they wanted, to be on TV, shame on Bravo and I would not be surprised if thier ratings drop because of poor taste.

June 15, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ken

Ack! Vanity knows no bounds on merkin television. You people really need to get lives of your own.

June 15, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • RogerRamjet

i thought the show "Real Housewives" was known as an "attention getting" show and quite fake. I guess you and the show and Mrs. Salahi have alot in common....

June 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • deana

I will not be watching this program – she shouldn't be a cast member. Shame on you Bravo

June 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colleen

Truly pathetic! It's time for the media to stop showing and rewarding these disgusting types of behavior! Enough already!!

June 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gibson55

Shame on Bravo for feeding into Michaele Salahi publicity stunt. I, too will not watch this show and may also boycott the sponsors!

June 15, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carrie

Why do people watch this stuff?? I will never understand it.

June 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • CateJames

I think this woman (well, this couple) is a joke. I cringe whenever I see her on TV, she is an embarrassment. Her poor behavior is being rewarded. She tried to convince everyone – and may have even convinced herself – that she was invited to a major political event when all she likely had was an "in." Big difference between an "in" and an "invitation" and I don't like that Bravo is highlighting someone who is obviously wheels off. Someone who is truly a "DC Power Player" as is being touted by Bravo would have received an invitation to the Obama event...

June 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whocares

You are absolutely right

June 15, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • gsmith328

I agree with a many here...We are rewarding bad behavior..again.

I say boycott the show...

June 15, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Calista

I agree with Marina and won't be watching this show either and I will also boycott all the advertisers of this particular show.

June 15, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • nitwit

They will reward them the same way they reward every other fake, attention-
      grabbing nitwit with bad behavior, by giving them a tv show.

June 15, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nory

I so agree with you. National Security is no joke. With terrorist threats a real danger, this type of behavior is reprehensible. They cost the country money, people stress and someone lost their job and livelihood. Shame on you, Andy. Bravo should can these people.

June 15, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patti

Real Housewives is about as real as Real World was on MTV. After watching a few episodes of the NYC installment, I swore off RH forever. These people are all just a bunch of fake, shallow, obnoxious celebrity wannabes who never learned good manners or the value of keeping your private life private.. The sad part is, they actually do become famous – or infamous as a the case may be. Shame on you Bravo!

June 15, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • bravofan

Hello??? The Salehis were already cast and the show was already in production when these people crashed the White House party.

June 15, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Janet

I agree completely. As ANYOINE who has lived in the DC/MD/VA area for a long time knows, these people have been in the news for YEARS for causing turmoil and trouble for others. The years long battle the 2 of them have waged against his own parents to take over the Oasis winery his parents founded and built out from under them, the many people whom they've swindled in one way or another that have to drag them into court to try to sue them and rarely get the outcome they deserve, the "US Polo Cup" which the legitimate national and international Polo Assoc. don't even consider legit, her claiming to be aformer Redskin cheerleader which she was outed for lying about in a great Washigton Post article a few months ago....the list goes on and on. I have always liked the housewives shows but these people have been proven to be frauds over and over. Why Bravo would bother with them is beyond me and most people I knwo. No way I'm watching@

June 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoUnimportant

News flash, they could ALL be described as a "fake, attention-grabbing nitwit". The show is basically a clearing house for shallow self-obsessed trophy who-.... um wives.

June 15, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Clownhunter

Bravo just jumped the shark! Salahis? I'm not watching this clown. What a waste of human flesh. Put someone on that has actually done something worthwhile.

June 15, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeanie

Unbelievable! I'm so sick of the media rewarding bad behavior! I don't watch the show (I can't handle how out of touch with reality these vapid women are) but I am now compelled to write to Bravo directly about their choice. Just disgusting!

June 15, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

Jeers to Bravo for rewarding these empty-headed nitwits. The "Real Housewives" series is bad enough, and bringing the Salahis into it brings it even lower, and I didn't think that was possible.

June 15, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ByeByeGOP

You are being WAY too nice. These two idiots should be required to do community service work by cleaning up oil on the Gulf shore. Their start time should be 12 noon everyday so they can feel the heat.

June 15, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • KeWill

Ummmm. I think she fits rignt in...

June 15, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah M

Dear Bravo,
      Bad choice!

June 15, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • guest

Thank you. Personally I consider all of this TV trash, but I'm glad to hear that even those who enjoy the show are sickened by them putting this lowlife on the air.

June 15, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

I have to say that I will never watch another episode produced by Bravo ever again. With the Salahis as members of the DC cast I will boycott the entire network beginning now. Too bad because I was looking forward to enjoying Bethanney's new show. I will do more than that. I will encourage anyone I know to join my boycott. Sorry Bravo your low brow entertainment just turned Un-American in the worst way.

June 15, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Totally agree!

June 15, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • C. Segura

Duh! That's what they do in Washington, D.C. reward people for their stupidity, wasting of taxpayers money, people who break the law's it's Washington,DC

June 15, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • ZJB

This is exactly what these trashy people wanted. Leave it to our tasteless, trashy media to make these people more popular and more rich than they already are. However, the real upset overall is that people will actually watch and somehow enjoy this garbage.

June 15, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

These people are so disgusting, it's truly pathetic that Bravo even thinks of putting them on TV. For one of the first times, I'm rooting against the Housewives...and won't be watching b/c of the disgust (rather than vice versa!)

June 16, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rennee' Hernandez

" Why would BRAVO reward the bad behavior of this fake, attention-
      grabbing nitwit with a television show?" Isn't that what that franchise is all about? Ms. Salahi finally got what she wanted. There is nothing redeeming about any of the "Real Housewives" shows.

June 18, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christine Kempczenski

The Salahis shouldd've been arrested and put in jail for trespassing. If it was anyone else, no doubt JAIL time.

September 23, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |