June 15th, 2010

'Blood' actor: 'I'm happy to throw my clothes off'

“True Blood” fans who wanted to see more of Alexander Skarsgard were gratified Sunday, when the third season premiered. The actor's first scene of the season was in the nude.

“I love the scene,” he told Access Hollywood. “It’s a fun scene. I think it’s a good introduction to Eric in Season 3.”

For Skarsgard, who plays vampire sheriff Eric Northman, the nudity isn’t an issue as long as the scene makes sense.

“I don’t really care about that stuff,” he said. “There’s much more graphic stuff coming up later in the season. So that doesn’t really bother me. If it makes sense when I read it, I’m happy to throw my clothes off.”

The Swedish actor explained to Newsweek in 2009 that he was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that “there’s no problem with violence, but I have to sign these legal documents if I show my [expletive] onscreen. … It’s really not like that in Europe.”

As far as plot, Skarsgard says his character might come between waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her kidnapped boyfriend - even though he’s supposed to be helping her find him.

“He’s obviously attracted to her and he’s intrigued by her,” said Skarsgard. “He’s trying to figure out what she is. He doesn’t really know that. She is special. And of course he is going to pursue that in Season 3.”

1. AshannaK

He definitely doesn't have the class his father has. And that kind of class
    can't be proven by taking clothes off, whether it makes sense or not.
    Here's to the mature actor such as his father. I'd chase Stellan Skarsgard,
    but he's married...and – unfortunately – that means hands off.

June 17, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

AshannaK you're a moron. He is still classy AND his father has no problem with nudity either. And even if Stellan was single, he wouldn't go for a moronic prude like you... : )

June 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. nic

@ Chappel: As far as plot, Skarsgard says his character might come between waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her kidnapped "boyfriend" – even though he’s supposed to be helping her find him.

you might want to re-read that..it said boyfriend – not husband.

also. eric does come between sookie and bill (per books) and eventually begin dating

June 16, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Hmmm...

Nic, thankfully, they edited the mistake – I read "husband" too. I'm glad TB is getting press but mistakes like that can invalidate the whole article.

June 16, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gypsie

I'm happy he likes to throw his clothes off too! ;)

June 16, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Chappel

"His character might come between waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her kidnapped husband"? When did Bill and Sookie get married? During a commercial?

June 15, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jinx

This is what happens when someone who doesn't watch the show writes a blurb about it... I wish people would do a little research before writing... Geez, just because it's about a TV show doesn't meant the facts don't need to be checked! Oh well, what can you do?

June 16, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |