June 14th, 2010

Brad Pitt on his beard: I was bored

Expect to see a lot less of Brad Pitt – the actor has finally trimmed his grungy goatee.

On June 12, Pitt was spotted with a much less bushy beard while driving around L.A. with partner Angelina Jolie. The 46-year-old actor and father of six was rumored to have been letting his whiskers grow wild for his role as a British explorer in the upcoming drama, “The Lost City of Z.”

Not so. The shaggy actor later explained that the decision to let his grooming go was more personal than professional. “It’s boredom,” explained Pitt. “No other reason than that.”

The man lives with Angelina Jolie, has six kids, and he’s bored?

1. Marnie

He's always been a pretty boy, so I think he's enjoyed uglying it up with that awful beard.

August 17, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lucy

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & Angelina Jolie loves her man for what he is INSIDE and not his Hollywood looks. Which is why Brad Pitt is ao secure in her love that he is free to be himself and not the Hollywood carricature of a pretty boy. Kudos to these 2 wonderful human beings who defy us to do a small fraction of what they do. They are inspirational to me and I will anything to defend these two against scurrilous attacks from those who are bored, jealous & need to get a life.

June 18, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bradpittwantsme

I agree with what many others have written – he looks like he is a very depressed, dark place. He has looked that way for the past 4 years. I think he probably had one good year with Angle and then she started sucking the life out of him. I join many of the other fans, in hoping that he can get out from under her grip and get his reason for living back.

June 17, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ms

Brad Stuppitt, the CUCKOLD FROM HOLLYWOOD.. LOL.

June 17, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. sunshine

i have loved brad since i saw him in thelma and louise, i have most of his dvd's, i watch them everychance i get.i did not like the beard at all. i hate these crazy movies about vampires, the acting is so bad. ilove agood movie where the acting is really good., i have other s i like , but brad is my fa.vorite.i am overjoyed he has shaved,a small trimmed beard is ok.

June 16, 2010 at 2:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. GetALife

I really don't care about Brad or Angelie, but I do hope they stay together for the kid's sake. Otherwise, why the heck did they decide to have so many kids.

June 15, 2010 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. nsmith

Penny, Homewrecker is not true. Jen NEVER said Brad cheated was the reason for her divorce. SHE said it had more to do what many couples break up about: the little things that add up. The comments that he looks sad are ridiculous considering there are many pics of him happy with both women. According to Jen's attorneys Jen was GLAD Brad was interested in Angelina. The TRUTH is Jen dumped Brad. That was always the case. The tabloids just like to make the story poor Jen. Somehow is ugly if a woman decides to leave a man. But the other way is fine. Really? You people who look to fight go back to the internet and search for what JEN, BRAD, and ANGIE SAID about the split not some anonymous so called fried or insider who collected some big fee for telling these tales to make you guys mad.

June 14, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Penny

Believe or not, I feel sorry for Brad. He looks lost and sad. He seems like the only joy in his life is his children. Not that Angie...THE HOME WRECKER.....time for him to go back to Jennifer..the kids will love her !

June 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Rita

June 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rita

I try NOT to look at old "Friends" episodes because they are so boring and irrelevant...Brangelina is far more interesting, traveling the world, working interesting MOVIES, having a great family and lifestyle not relegated to a cafe, or dull apartment with even duller friends.

June 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. LoriLori

Brad is handsome with/w/o the beard, he is not the only actor/entertainer to grow facial hair when they have time off, and leave the old X out of it – Move on people they have!!!

June 14, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Barbara Reitz

Look at the old "Friends" episodes that Brad did guest appearances on..... he is beaming... looks so happy and full of joy. This man looks depressed, sad and beaten down. Of course leaving isn't so easy when there's 6 kids involved. Angie wanted to make sure she had her hooks into him but good. I give it 2 more years or less before she gets bored and moves on to someone else.

June 14, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Odalice Feliz

I just love Brad PItt from the bushy goatee to the baby face, fits his charecter, he is just so kind and he is trying to make the world a safer place 4 all of us... love the movie Jesse James since we both have the same birth~date

June 14, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sandy NOLA

The scruffy look definitely helps him to "blend in" to a crowd. I definitely wouldn't give him a second look, if I saw him in the Quarter. I see lots of artists at home (New Orleans) that look like Brad with this gotee & hat. Once he loses the disguise, people are on him like gravy on rice. No one wants to live like that.

June 14, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Radiant

Brad always looks dirty, which is a shame, because he is a handsome man.

June 14, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. LuigiPastrami

Bored? Too much money and time on his hands? I know an investment or two I could pitch to him....

June 14, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Feeniegal

I love Brad, Angie & Jennifer. I bet he's just heading back to work now..since Angie has filmed two movies back to back. He had a good break of several months.

June 14, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Tired of it all

Tired or depressed? He needs to loose the beard the skull cap and enjoy his family. We are tired of seeing him like this, I know he has done a lot of good for the world, now he needs to do some good for himself, his partner and his family and get help in getting out of this 'dark, depressing' part of his life. He's loosing his 'hero' status and becoming a joke.

June 14, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Fred

If I saw him walking down the sidewalk, I'd hand him a dollar.

June 14, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. alex

That's Tyler Durden. He can do anything and still be cool when he's trying not to.

June 14, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Judy Smith

"California Cell Phone law is prohibits drivers from using cell phone while operating vehicle unless they are using an hands-free headsets"

Brad Pitt needs to be reminded of the current law in CA. The article cited above neglects to inform that he was spotted sans shaggy beard while talking on his cell and driving he and Miss Angie around L.A. The rules apply to ALL of us Mr. Pitt even Lords and Ladies like you.

June 14, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  22. greg

aIt was just few days ago that they reported Brad and Angie are having fights. I knew it was just rubbish because on this news they are together.

June 14, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sara Fine

Thank Goodness - now lets get rid of it entirely (ok, a little shadow would be ok). I miss seeing a "groomed" Brad Pitt. Regarding other comment re: aniston. Get past it. All relationships don't survive and Jennifer Aniston may not be the right woman for Brad. Incidentally, I sometimes think I'm the only person who likes Angelina Jolie–please use some logic to see if there really is any reason for your dislike of this woman.

June 14, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • karolina

I cannot find even one reason to like Jolie

June 15, 2010 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • dpdamee

Because she is a home wrecker, not because Brad and Jen did not have kids did not mean that it was not a home, how would she feel if something young come and took him because he is not married to her... I do believe Jen has moved on, but seeing te famous brady bunch is like keeping the salt in the wound. Forget Angie she has to live with the ridicule forever. There will always be judgers like us around..

June 19, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  24. Ruthie

He so handsome, but appears so sad. Time for him to think his future and his children. Time for him to leave Angelina and return to the one woman who loves him – Jennifer Aniston.

June 14, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Donna

I think he is more depr. essed than bored. He just looks miserable lately. I hope I am wrong. He used to be wholsome & happy now he always looks like he is in a dark, weird place. Come back to us Brad.

June 14, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corina

O please, leave Jenniver out of this. They are divorced and moved on.

June 14, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corina

Sorry, meaning 'Jennifer'

June 14, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • barb

The reason he left Jen was he waned kids she wanted to be a bigger star.why go back.

June 17, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  25. Head Diva In Charge

You know what, I think he looks like a homeless man – and it's a bit gross. He is past his prime, and if he doesn't make a big move soon he won't have a career. Queen Angie better hope her movies stay at the top!

June 14, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • an opinion

You need to things other than gossip columns. Brad is at the top of his game. He is being nominated for Oscars, starring in some of the most interesting well received (critically and financially ) movies and producing interesting projects like the soon to be released Eat Pray and Love. This is just his movie life. He is also doing Make it Right and on the board to bring the World Cup to the US. He is more than his looks. He left shallow and superficial five years ago

June 14, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |