June 11th, 2010

'Transformers' gets an upgrade

"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is often used as a prime example of how critically panned movies can still blow up at the box office, but director Michael Bay swears the next “Transformers” will be better than last.

“One thing we're getting rid of is what I call the dorky comedy,” Bay told USA Today. The slang-spewing robot twins have been cut, but John Turturro will return to provide comic relief.

And the plot will have roots in real events, namely the space race between the U.S.S.R. and the USA. "The movie is more of a mystery," Bay said. "It ties in what we know as history growing up as kids with what really happened."

Another change - and we'll leave it up to the fans to decide whether or not this is an upgrade - was Megan Fox being replaced with Victoria’s Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Shia LaBeouf's love interest.

"I love Megan and I miss the girl," LaBeouf said. "But Sam and Mikaela became one character, and here ... you have discovery again from a new perspective."

The third movie will also not feature any more resurrections. "As a trilogy, it really ends," Bay told the newspaper. "It could be rebooted again, but I think it has a really killer ending."

And, last but not least: This "Transformers" will be - like everything else these days - in 3-D.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Heating and air conditioning contractors in Vancouver

I have agreed to subscribe to your rss feed.

February 12, 2013 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Casino

I liked this very much…..

December 15, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. Judi Bola

Very interest blog, I will be back again.

November 27, 2012 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  4. Clifford Cliff

good website. appreciate your this wonderful post. i appreciate it lots.

October 12, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ex boyfriend wants you back

Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task.

August 24, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Balenciaga bag

It is a enormous and a highly intriguing email have a look at on this fantastic website.

July 13, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Amp Accessories ·

oh well, i love Megatron specially his big bazooka on the animated version ""

November 3, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Car Equalizers

i also like to purchase my dream car which is a porsche 911.,-

October 18, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. richard wilcox

3D is not required and will not make a 3rd transformers movie any better. Kinda didn't like the replacing of megan fox. I actually like her unlike other people. Not her acting, but just her. A movie like transformers should be mainly about fighting robots, no comedy, no love story between the humans in the movie and more transformers

September 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Truman Blue

Will the Dinobots be in the third one?

September 21, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joshua Taylor

my dream car is the Ford GT. that car is truly a muscle car with lots of horsepower;',

August 12, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Saw it coming

A third movie is definitely a bad idea, especially without Megan Fox, regardless of how ridiculously hot her replacement is. Then again, Michael Bay won't get it until it's too late. We all saw Pearl Harbor.

June 16, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Writer's Block

The twins was a stupid idea for the story – PERIOD. The resurrections were worse. Keep some 'reality' please. Part 2 lost me when Megatron was brought back to life, then Optimus Prime & a human? C'MON MAN!

June 14, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. rate

cine-magic

June 14, 2010 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  15. Dan

I love how movies try to cerate a better stoyline, and improve quality, but swtich cast members in thie middle of it. I hope they atleast write Megan Fox out of the story, rather than have her just replaced by someone else.

The robot twins weren't racist. I Hear other people besides black people speak ebonics all the time. Are you implying that only black people can speak ebonics? And, YOU, say the characters are racist? Theres comic relief right theres, with a splash of ignorance. Think for yourself for once, and stop relying on talking points some other uninformed idiot wrote up a long time ago.

June 14, 2010 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Lyssa Kroeger

"I hope they atleast write Megan Fox out of the story, rather than have her just replaced by someone else. "

Have to agree, otherwise it will be like the crappy transition in back to the future where they switched to the very terrible actress from Karate Kid....Horrible....

I really cant have too many complaints about movie three. As long as I have Bumble Bee I really dont care about the rest of the movie. LOL! Bumble bee is not only my dream car, but by far the best of the Autobots! I have to thank my Ex for getting me into these movies, they are great, no matter how cheesy :)
      <3 & Peace
      Lyssa

June 14, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  16. Ashim Dutta

Conflict exists every in sphere of our life.

June 14, 2010 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  17. jtay

they need to keep awayfrom 3dthat would very stupid to do

June 13, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Potter

I'm soooooooo tired of the 3D thing hitting these days. I HATE having to wear the glasses when I go to see a movie and I will not be buying one of the 3D tvs anytime soon. Telling me that it is 3D has already given the movie a thumbs down for me. I'll miss seeing Fox, but only to look at. I'm not really sure if I care that she won't be in the new movie. The twins in 2 did bug me as well.

June 13, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  19. jojo

I'm glad that at least one holliwood director is thinking about having healthy looking actors onscreen, megan fox has changed her appereance to look like every other actress and i don't think that is a good role model to follow. i love the 2 transformer movies, they are really entertaining. and for those who don't like it go watch something else.

June 13, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jason

I re-watched both movies this week. I had forgotten how much I really Liked both. I agree that Bay SHOULD lose the twins. Turturro is a must have as is Fox. I love 3D movies so...yahoo! I can' wait for Transformers 3!!!

June 13, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sigh...

Oh, yay. Yet ANOTHER movie in 3-D. The new love interest couldn't be uglier, but from what I've read Megan Fox was getting to be not-so-great to work with. Glad to hear that they dropped the "dorky comedy" though, that was annoying. All I can hope for is that it's better than the 2nd one and that there's a 2-D version for us to check out!

June 13, 2010 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  22. zeph

I didnt think the second movie was too terrible. But I personally like the whole military "hey look at me" thing however I can understand where people dont like it. The one thing that really got me about the second movie was the geographical locations. They drop a robot in Jordan, and are fighting on the pyramids of Giza that the director makes look like are 5 miles away where in all actuality are almost 200 miles away. If you're going to spend several million dollars making a B movie, you can at least take 20 minutes to make sure that your script is geographically correct. Secondly, they spent two whole movies building a relationship with mikaela and sam and in the third one they just lose it? I'll of course watch the third movie, but I think I'm going to regret it. It'll probably be like watching an accident happen.

June 13, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Greg

Zeph, I don't think I could have said it any better myself. People are talking about the Transformers Franchise like they are expecting it to be this highlight in the art of fine cinema. The Transformers Movies are about big stupid fun...and like most summer blockbusters, if you shut your brain off when you walk through the door, you'll find that they are actually pretty damn entertaining...which is good, because they don't aspire to be anything more than entertainment.

Personally, I'm already looking forward to the Transformers 3...though I do have to say that Megan Fox will be missed. My wife teases me and says that's the only reason I like Transformers movies :)

June 13, 2010 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  23. I'm Right

Transformers 2 sucked and so did Nightmare on Elm Street. Michael Bay, please get a new hobby.

June 12, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Zach

Whatch u talkin about last one was okay and i rewhatched to make sure oh and keep megan fox

June 12, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  25. tj

can't wait to watch the next episode for this sequel..3d really is not necessary at all..

June 12, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  26. arch

Have a great idea! Don't do anymore movies!

June 12, 2010 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  27. Brad

They really should have stuck with Fox for this third one and just tried to write a decent screen play for once. No one cares about the 3D when the movie is lame. Spending 15 minutes on a backstory as to what happened to Fox and 15 more introducing Rosie is a waste of time. Just write a good movie please.

June 12, 2010 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jason Glugla

The old Transformers and GI Joe cartoons were each about a thousand times better in terms of writing than either of the crummy live action films.

June 11, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  29. DIAF Bay

The only upgrade transformers needs is a new director.

June 11, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Frank

Please no 3d. Its not needed. And please please please don't make the movie look like a damn "Be all you can be in the U.S. military!" commercial. That gabage was just way over the top.

June 11, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Theresa

Please no 3 D. It is really not necessary.

Thanks

June 11, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Artimus

I'd rather they stuck with Fox for the 3rd. The 2nd pretty much sucked, but maybe the third won't be quite as disappointing.

June 11, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sarah

Well for starts, the slang-spewing twins were not dorky comedy as much as it was racist. Two: spend less time on car and military commercials, write an actual screen play. That movie sucked so bad that my kids haven't even watched it since we saw it in the theater.

June 11, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • jc

I agree. I watched it last night just to make sure I wasn't over reacting. But it was like watching some kind of minstrel act from the 50s.

June 12, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • MisterPL

Sarah, there's nothing racist about it. It was just stupid, as stupid as it appears in real life. If people attribute this characterization to only one specific racial group, THEY'RE the ones being racist. After all, these are robots. Colorful at best but not colored.

June 13, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. anon

"dorky comedy" says it right, though really at this point nothing is going to convince me to bothers seeing Transformers 3

June 11, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Chad

Allow me to be the first to say, in regards to it being in 3-D.
    Ugh. Who really cares?