June 10th, 2010

John McCain: I would never tax Snooki's tanning bed

During the ten minute sneak peek of “Jersey Shore” season two, we see the effects the Obama administration has had on our dear friend Snooki’s lifestyle: the girl has been reduced to getting her faux glow with a spray tan.

Among the many revelations that the reality-TV star made within those few minutes – she’s found love with an “amazing gorilla juicehead”; she gets crazy when handed "a bottle of freaking SoCo" – one of them was political.

“I don’t go tanning tanning anymore, because Obama put a 10 percent tax on tanning,” Snooks said after her juicehead sprayed her face with one last coat of self-tanner, just to be on the safe side.

“I feel like he did that intentionally for us. McCain would never put a 10 percent tax on tanning. Because he’s pale and he would probably want to be tan," the pint-sized fist-pumper explained.

McCain confirmed Snooki's assertions in a tweet.

The Arizona Senator wrote, “@Sn00ki, u r right, I would never tax your tanning bed! Pres Obama’s tax/spend policy is quite The Situation but I do rec wearing sunscreen!" To which Snooks responded: "Haha Yes!"

A spokeswoman for McCain told CNN that the Senator thought Twitter would be an "amusing way to respond to her comments." (He's one of the most popular politicians on the social networking site with more than 1.7 million followers.)

Although MTV did tell CNN that Snooki is a fan of McCain's, the network could not confirm whether or not she voted for the 2008 presidential candidate when reached at 12 p.m. ET; Snooki was still sleeping.

Filed under: Celebrities • Jersey Shore • television

« Previous entry
  1. dog beds for large dogs

Wonderful web site. Lots of useful info here. I'm sending it to some buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you to your effort!

September 4, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. Angel

Regardless if I look 'stupid' or not, no one can sit there and tell me that this "tanning tax" is not racist. How many African Americans do you see getting tan? This tax affects whites ONLY. Thank God that joke will be ousted from the office quickly and cleanly like an abscessed tooth come 2012.

August 5, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Red Arizonan

Arizonans are tired of McCain and his ways. He has time to tweet Snooki but no time to debate JD Hayworth? McCain voted for the billion dollar pork TARP bailouts, co-sponsored Cap and Trade legislation, and received the bulk of his campaign money from convicted Ponzi scheme crook Scott Rothstein and banks that benefited from the TARP bailouts. Now he won't give the Ponzi schemes $1.1 million victims' contributions back, because he wants it for more attack TV ads on JD Hayworth. He has a lifetime rating of only 81% from the American Conservative Union, which sunk to an alltime low of 63 in 2008. JD's lifetime rating is 98. The choice is clear, folks, let's help JD get elected and let McCain retire. Contribute now! http://www.jdforsenate.com/ctt?cttid=80&redirect=contribute

June 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Thomas Chi

McCain learned to work with reality stars like his daughter, Meghan, and her deals with Tia Tequila. John Hayworth has won Arizona. John McCain's party can't rescue him. He is a liability to the Republicans. Too reckless. Too much risk. That is John's legacy.

Thomas Chi
    Author
    John McCain's Legacy: Sarah Palin vs Meghan McCain

June 11, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. laura

I just got a huge kick reading all these posts –I enjoyed the serious posts as well as the funny ones. Quite frankly I have no real input just to say i saw "Snooki's" parents on a interview & they are both good looking - how she was produced I do not know , DNA gone wrong –also besides not being from NJ she is also not Italian. oh,well–Peace everyone,now I am off to work.I have bills to pay & a minor child–no time for tanning

June 11, 2010 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Nicole

This whole outrage over the tanning bed tax is so stupid. Tanning isn't a necessity, it's luxury that vain people use. Anyhow, there's a more natural & cheaper way to tan, it's called the sun.

June 11, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  7. mushymushroom

I didn't see that coming! Snooki is scary. I hope Jersey Shore gets cancelled. It's totally rubbish...I don't know what brand of "entertainment" they give because they're not entertaining at all.

What's worse is that Jersey Shore is from MTV...the channel I USED to love. :'(

June 10, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. missu

John McCain is a liar. McCain himself said that he was computer illiterate, so it's clear that he didn't even make the post. He's just looking for trouble as always. Since McCain's stunning presidential defeat, he became a hateful, bitter, frustrated, viciously vindictive person. That carries a personal hatred vendetta against anybody that he deems responsible for his embarrassing defeat. Anyways McCain is too old and full of winkles to go tanning.

June 10, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jtay

I hate when people overly tan. If you tan too much you will end up looking like a dried up orange when you are older. I personally think that 90 percent of people who don't tan look better than when they do tan.

June 10, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ryan

Thanks CNN, I read the headline and was wondering what a snooki was; thankfully I now know.

June 10, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bradley Olsen

Snooki is Sarah Palin's smart twin.

June 10, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joe three

She looks like an illegal alien. I think she cleaned my house last week.

June 10, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. John

Wow, what a terrible banal news story. Now I know why I use Reuters for actual news/reporting.

June 10, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Maria

Poor J. McCain, having to stoop this low wasting his time responding to such people like Snooki, he should be using his time wisely helping our country resolve the financial crises his Republican party left behind. Hey, McCain, there are more important things to do, i.e. help with the reform of Health Care, Education, Immigration, etc.,etc.,etc. Now you and your buddies, the lazy Republicans get to work and help out those that really love their country and are trying to put it back together.

June 10, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Carl

How do they get that wig to on that cute little chimps head?

June 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. tm

I'm not a fan of McCain's but I have to say that I do think he is a funny guy. I saw his roast at the Albert Smith dinner and he was very very funny, more so than Obama. I've seen other interviews with him and he really does seem to have a great sense of humor. With that in mind, I bet he replied to Snooki as a joke, especially with that sunscreen comment! I found it funny, and suggest others lighten up and react appropriately: by laughing! (By the way, I'm an Obama supporter!)

June 10, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Stephen Wagers

(1). Who is, and what is a "Snooki?"... (2) Who gives a rat's ass?

June 10, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ApacheTomcat

I read alot of comments posted by alot people.Most of the comments by other people where alot more rough than my.So, why was my not posted?The markets closed up high today,so the,tea mobs or tea baggers and the replugs are,mad,dog,mad again.

June 10, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rachael

cant we just shove john mccain into a tanning bed and let him just rot and die?
    god everything he says sounds more cynical and bitter each day. ffs McCain.

June 10, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. charles

Hey, This guy can say anything to stay in power. If no taxes who is gonna pay for the wars you and fellow republicans have been advocating for ? Who is gonna pay for the B.P oil spill , the skin cancer when snooki turns 60yrs?. Republicans have been singing no goernment intrussion in their lives, why then ask the goernment to intervene in in B.P oil spill, let the private company do their work. Capitalisim is very good, Government is Good , bad only when the Democratic President is in Power. Arizona dont elect Mcain !!!!!

June 10, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. charles

Hey, This guy can say anything to stay in power. If no taxes who is gonna pay for the wars you and fellow republicans have been advocating for ? Who is gonna pay for theB.P oil spill , the cancer she skin cancer when snooki turns 60yrs?. Republicans have been singing no goernment intrussion in their lives, why then ask the goernment to intervene in in B.P oil spill, let the private company do their work. Capitalisim is very good, Government is Good , bad only when the Democratic President is in Power. Arizona dont elect Mcain !!!!!

June 10, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. McEEEEEEEWW

McCain is tweeting about a girl a half-century younger than him?

That's REALLY creepy!

June 10, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  23. meathead

PALIN | SNOOKI 2012!!!!!!!

June 10, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. MYCHAELTODD

The next Sarah Palin............

June 10, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  25. BLUEBIRD

Imagine our world if the two village idiots, McCain and Palin, won the election? These comments are funny....Daisy needs to read and learn to do some research ..... stop watching Snookie - whoever Snookie is....she is going to be one wrinkled prune-like mess soon that I do know...and a tax on Tanning Beds is a start, they should be outlawed. Do the research on your own folks...but please turn off the TV first! :)

June 10, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • vitaminDsaves

two good points: do your own research and turn off the tv. All you will see on TV is pharmaceutical adds scaring you out of life saving vitamin D sun in order for you to put chemical suncsreen on your skin liberally for the rest of your life. Chemical sunscreen = skin cancer. If you ban tanning beds then you should make everyone cover themselves from head to toe when they are outside, or face a government fine!

June 10, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daisy

I am sorry to disappoint you, but I do not watch show on MTV. What has Obummer done for the American people lately? Drive up the deficit to over a trillion dollars. You want me to do some research? Why don't you take an economic class? You are out of touch. All brainwashed by Obama.

June 10, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • survivor

Vtiminidiot, you may want to consult a dermatologist. After my skin cancer surgery and recovery, my doctor explained exactly how sun causes cancer and why you should wear sunblock. I wish my parents had made me wear it.

June 10, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • vitaminDsaves

Luckily my dermatologist has seen the UV light and realizes that the complete avoidance of UV exposure is killing us. Research that sunscreen causes cancer is out there. Don't rely too heavily on a product from a pharmaceutical company that may cause cancer.

June 10, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Evan

Let me get this strait an elderly man with a history of skin cancer feels sympathy for a young woman who is stooping doing something that has been show to cause skin cancer because there is a tax increase on it. Why is McCain using twitter anyway, oh ya hes not needed in the Senate anymore because along with all other republicans they have decided that no matter what they will unanimously vote no, with no need to think, read, or debate he has allot more time on his hands, but still wonts people to talk about him.

June 10, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Jimbobo

I wouldn't tax your tanning bed! Says McCain who has twice had skin cancer removed from his body.

June 10, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  28. trish

The best thing Obama has done for you Snooki was provide incentives to get an education .You should utilize that opportunity because after your so-called 15 min. of fame you will need a descent job.It`s no point in living life ignorant and without talent.

June 10, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  29. LLBD

Dear Snookie: Awwwwwwwwwwwww, poor Snookie, can't afford to go to a tanning salon anymore. Gee, I can't afford to get my nails done, can't afford to get my hair done, can't afford to buy makeup, or exceptionally cheap clothes, much less, expensive sequined gowns. And you have the nerve to complain. I don't even know who you are, and at the same time, I DON'T CARE!!! Get a life girl!

June 10, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jimbobo

McCain probably wouldn't tax cigarettes and alcohol either..

Elect me! I won't tax a single thing! Of course good luck when you need a fireman or a police man... or clean water even. Honestly taxes have to exist and while you might not agree with Obama's spending you have to decide what should be taxed and what shouldn't be taxed. Food – Don't tax it, you need it to survive. Tanning? Tax away in my opinion. No one requires tanning.

June 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  31. obxsurferbabe

I highly doubt McCain is the one tweeting...

June 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Papo

I saw a pic of her without makeup side to side with one of her all done-up... she actually looks PRETTY without the slag makeup and awful fake blue contacts. Why do girls insist on doing this to themselves?? And as for McCain, well... he's just trying to act hip. Like Obama spent his entire campaign doing...

June 10, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  33. SolaLola

This is an asinine piece of writing to post on CNN. Why has this "news channel" seemed so much like a gossip rag lately?

June 10, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Alyssa

oh my lord, everyone's gone crazyy haha can't the poor girl just wanna go tanning without causing such an uproar?? its her body and her decision, no need for everyone to get all angry. one loveeee =]

June 10, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Scott

Good. Tax the hell outta those tanning obsessed freaks. If you want a tan, go out in the sun.

June 10, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • vitaminDsaves

if you go outside you should be taxed, too. cause the whole point is to prevent your chance of skin cancer, right. tax the beaches, tax the parks, tax your back yard. we should have a tanning neighborhood patrol to collect the tax, fine the parents who allow their kids to get burned, take away the children!

June 10, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Sarah P from Alaska

Now John M wants Snooki stank?, that S.O.B. is cheating on me

June 10, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Burbank

He's just a dirty old man that likes her boobs! Look at his December-May trophy wife and why do you think he picked Palin. Palin has just about as much class and even less smarts than Snooki!

June 10, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Tommy

Snooki, Snooki – Balls on Hookie (from an old joke)..hahahahahahahaha

June 10, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jeff

McCain continues to confirm what an old perv he is.

June 10, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. deedee

Fat, Ugly and STUPID.

June 10, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Kathy

This is just stupid all over. The 10% tax on the tanning bed might add up to one or two bucks, where a spray tan can cost upwards of $50. And McCain commenting on this makes him look like a stupid old geezer who's trying to be hip. What a jerk.

June 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  42. vitaminDsaves

the government should tax you when you walk onto the beach or the park, cause of the chance you might get skin cancer. how 'bout we add a tax to walk on the sidewalk where the sun hits you? how 'bout we tack on a fine on parents who allow their kids to get a sunburn at an all-day track meet? or 3 sunburns and your kids are taken away from you?

June 10, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  43. jai

RISKING CANCER....NOW A TAX ...TO BECOME DARKER...AMAZING WHEN SO MANY CAN'T STAND THE BLACK OR BROWN PEOPLE...HIDDEN JEALOUSY PERHAPS...

June 10, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Kiki

Yes, that's just who McCain needs to get on his side: idiotic, tanorexic egomaniacs. Each of those bimbos with daddy's credit card can afford to pay a few more dollars to tan. I think this tax is the best idea I've heard of in a long time.

June 10, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  45. vitaminDsaves

I love all those people who decry tanning, when they are the ones who have repeatedly gone on vacation or sporting events throughout their lives getting burnt. Burning causes cancer, not tanning. Most people tan because they want to go on vacation that they spent $5K and not get burned.

June 10, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. McKenna

Does anyone else find McCain's command of the twitter shorthand impressive for someone his age, not to mention his knowlege of Snookie and her uneducated hood-rat ensemble?? And isn't he a skin cancer survivor?? I smell an over-zealous political intern manning McCain's twitter...

June 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. vitaminDsaves

@Ben - the facts ohnoes quoted is plainly obvious in the "research" that came out last summer, which is being hyped at a 75% increase. All they really said was the incidence went from 0.01 to 0.0175 (a 75% increase). And they clearly stated that the "research" (just a literature review, which used 20 year old papers), does not take into account family history or outdoor exposure. Playing with statistics doesn't make a case for a tax.

June 10, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  48. dB

I thought McCain admitted that he doesn't even know how to use a computer. He asks his wife to do it for him. So how is it that he is tweeting? I would be amazed if he knows who Snookie is.

June 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  49. SZB

If even Snooki is cutting back on tanning, how is Obama ever going to pay for this health care plan. This may seem trivial and a joke, but the budget projections are counting on this money – If tanning goes way down because of this tax, then where is he going to get that portion of the health care funding from? It may be a small portion but he is still counting on it to make the plan low the deficit.

It is easy to say people will pay the extra few dollars or only a few will stop tanning, what is the big deal. Well even a 10% drop in business could put a tanning place out of business. In that case you are not just losing the 10% tax on 10% of the tanning place’s revenue – you lose the 10% tax on 100% of the tanning place’ revues. If this happens enough you will see an industry collapse and the taxes collected will not come near what was projected.

June 10, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Debbie

When I was growing up and we wanted a tan we went to the Beach – I don't understand paying all this money to come out looking Staten Island Orange. If you're are going to destroy your skin – do it in the sun

June 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Froggy

So, is her "juicehead" a steroid user, or someone in a methadone clinic? Just want to make sure we are clear since some of us never watch this show and clicked the link just to see what McCain might have said.

June 10, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Evan

It's a shame McCain isn't in a position to make that decision.

June 10, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. vitaminDsaves

Vitamin D from UV exposure outdoors or indoors will save your life from breast cancer and colon cancer. Read the research. Anyone who bashes UV exposure in a non-burning fashion should also be required to where black from head to toe everyday of their life. Don't be a hypocrite, read the research, and don't be a lemming listening to big pharma's "buy my SPF and use it liberally-stay out of the sun" campaign. Everything in moderation.

June 10, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  54. imopie

McCain wouldn't tax your tanning Snooki. but if you come visit AZ all tan and brown. bring your "I'M FROM JERSEY PAPERS!"
    But then a reality show on "Snooki Cross the Boarder" might be ratings worthy.

June 10, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Nick

Just want to make sure everyone knows that she is NOT from NJ. We have a bad enough reputation without the likes of her! I can't have people thinking she is from the Garden State.

June 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  56. bob

keep partying it up snookers...who you gonna kill next?

June 10, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Tommy

What the hell is a Snooki...and I should care why?

Just another Hollywood clown trying for attention, waist of time

June 10, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bobtaiil887

A Snooki is something that craws out from the crack of your ass..

June 10, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tommy

Bobtaiil887 – that was great but I thought it was an assmite (smiles) a young Snooki

June 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Dawn

Good idea. Let the leaders lead (or at least try...) , and the rest pander to vacuous bimbos!

June 10, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Reality Check

This from a man who has had skin cancer removed twice. Skin cancer kills. Tanning beds have been strongly linked to skin cancer. If you use a tanning bed you should not be taxed, however you should sign a waiver that says your health insurance will not pay for skin cancer treatments and if you cannot afford them out of pocket, the government will not subsidize it.

June 10, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Kareen

McCain would not tax that bimbo because he is praying she gets cancer, have half her face taken away like he had and go away

June 10, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  61. lib

McCain is a skin cancer survivor, thanks to OUR tax dollars directly paying for all treatments that helped him. He did NOT pay that, or ever pay into an insurance pool that paid for his medical care. His medical care has been on the american taxpayer since birth. All the tax does is try to recoup some of the money wasted on treating these clowns for conditions that they bring on themselves. We should simply take their "freedom" away, instead of paying to clean up the mess afterwards.

June 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dave

It is pretty sad that we have people with no jobs and no house because of the economic collapse the GOP led us to and McCain is focusing his time on the rich and shameless and their trials and tribulations of having to pay taxes on decadence. If the GOP would wake up and focus on greenhouse gasses maybe Snookie could get a free tan without catching cancer.

June 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Froggy

No no no no no. They've got to focus on the "death tax" or some such crap again. THAT is what is really killing this country. Rich folks being forced to pay their fair share. It's criminal I tell ya.

June 10, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Allison

I belive in sin taxes if they benefit the population- if you are going to tax an item for harming yourself, like cigarettes, alcohol, fast food, or UV tanning- then we should have free healthcare. Period. Otherwise you are taxing those small luxuries that the lower class have addictions to and push them deeper into debt and further into the poor class. IF you are going to tax rights, you need to provide services. Are they going to subsidize spray tans to offset the damage done to the tanning salon business owners?

I am quite liberal, and voted for Obama, but I think this crosses a line, and I think Snooki and McCain are morons.
    Solutions is what we need not school children going "I would never do that to you! I love you and your ignorant capitolisim!"

June 10, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Zombie

Obama is the messiah. He could never be a moron.

June 10, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

What's next? Taxing me on how many times I flush the toilet everyday?

June 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • imopie

Diane; now that's just silly. is that YOUR health care cost solution?

June 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

lol That's the government's idea on how to get more money from us when they keep running out of ideas.

June 10, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • imopie

and Diana what facts check blog are you reading? i try to separate the heretic from the facts. send me the web link so i can keep up on the government ideas. because i don't fall for chanting morons standing on soapboxes saying "the sky is falling" just for the attention of those stupid enough to believe it without merit.

June 10, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • imopie

oops! DianE. hard remembering someone i don't believe.

June 10, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Trevor, Austin, TX

John McCain tweets Snooki. My world just collapsed.

June 10, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Lara

Tanning beds should be outlawed period. Get rid of them. Anyone who says anything negative about Obama is a troll? Not everyone is perfect either.

June 10, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  66. VB

Why is anything related to Snooki even newsworthy? This ugly little troll's 15 minutes are just about up.

June 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Brian

You can avoid the tax by simply going out side and using what is free.

June 10, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Leonore H. Dvorkin

Tanning done any way is incredibly dangerous. I very much approve of this tax. Higher taxes are also one reason (besides education) that under 25% of the American population now smokes, vs. the 50% years ago. Why does anyone think that a tan is attractive? What's attractive is skin of any color that is smooth and healthy, not some ghastly fake color marred by sun damage or skin cancer. I think the tax should be even higher. - Leonore H. Dvorkin, author of ANOTHER CHANCE AT LIFE: A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR'S JOURNEY (details: dvorkin.com)

June 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  69. JoJo

A man that had skin cancer numerous times... should be praising any effort to reduce tanning on a tanning bed in favor of spray tans.

June 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Bill

Hahah, like McCain knows what Jersey Shore, Twitter, Computers, or a Snooki is.

June 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  71. IsHeSerious

McCain just wants her to skin cancer like her did.

June 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  72. enviroguy

With that orange glow, are you sure that isn't John Boehner in a wig? Being a republic, he's probably due to come out of the closet.

June 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  73. James

This woman needs to do the world a favor and go jump in a fire.

June 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  74. bob

This tax is to offset the cost of her future cancer treatment. If we don't have a tax on things that cause health problems, then where does the money come from to pay for those people's health problems? From themslves? Good luck getting that to pass. Everyone wants no taxes until it's their life on the line, then it's "help me, big government!"

June 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • EQ

Great comment Bob!!!!! Best I've read yet Glad some people with sense remain in this country

June 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  75. MikinAZ

As witnessed by we residents here in AZ, John McCain will say anything to further extend his political career. Ridiculous anyway...who gives a # if some celebrity gets taxed for tanning. These comments are an insult to hard working americans struggling to make it in todays economy – that she is worried about paying any tax – news for you bimbo – tanning is a luxury and should be taxes as such – no sympathy here. Shame on McCain (tho not surprising) for participating in this conversation. I cant believe the two of them and CNN has taken 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back with this stupidity.

June 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bob

McCain is now officialy a sad clown.

June 10, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lara

He should retire. He served his country well in Vietman, and he was a prisoner for about 6 years. Maybe he should have stayed in the military.

June 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  77. matt

LOL Oh McCain, you should pick Snooki to be your next running mate, run on the national platform of "Save our tans and right to get cancer". Freakin' hilarious. Hey she's probably a bit smarter than Palin. She can at least spell.

June 10, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Obama Zombie

King Obama is a world class genius. So gallant, so handsome, perfect in every way. Even when he farts, they smell likes roses. *takes a wiff*

June 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Spendlove

Want a tan and are too cheap to pay a 10% sales tax? Go lay outside in the sun..

June 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  80. boocat

Well, this finally proves it for me. McCain is officially senile.

June 10, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Myself

McCain's wife can wear whatever the heck she wants. She comes from a wealthy family, and John married into it.
    No one complains about Michele's wardrobe even though she looks gorgeous.

June 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • imopie

oh yeah. if Michele's wardrobe was off beat. someone would be wittering away on that. man a $2 tax toward helthcare. given a break! let's bush/GOP granny in the dumpster. yeah that's health care!

June 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mina

I like Michele Obama. She is a classy lady.

June 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jaavec

You are being sarcastic...right? Gorgeous??? never in a million years. Not to mention style, grace or class!!!

June 10, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Mina

I will be glad when Obamination leaves office. He wasn't qualified either. Too bad Hilary didn't win.

June 10, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Tim

This is such a useless piece of "news"

June 10, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  84. imopie

What she has to pay $2. more bucks for her and everyone else's vanity. PLEASE how much does spend on clothes. buy one smaller mojo @ starbucks.
    this is petty attempt of John McCain to try for votes acting as a hipster. how many thousands of dollars was his wife waring in her designer outfits and jewelry during the election. health care cost is the least of their worries "IT'S VOTES". don't buy into hype. it's as fake as her tan.

June 10, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Daisy

Of course, Obama the "anointed one" can due no wrong EVER! You will be praising him even when this country falls deeper in the ground. You probably have your walls plastered with his picture. "Obama, Obama, praise thee"

June 10, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

Hey Daisy – did your mother have any children that lived?

June 10, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

If course he can *do wrong, Are you a troll?

June 10, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

See what I did there? ;)

June 10, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

It is hard to take someone seriously when they are simply repeating what they where told to think by the right wingnut bubble. Get back to us when you have an origional thought. One Sean Hannity is already one to many.

June 10, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daisy

Rick,
      Are you always this stupid? Or are you making it a special occasion today. Another Obama kool-aid drinker.

June 10, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

Daisy, you and Snooki need to go away. Go find a room.

June 10, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stockholm Syndrome

Right wing bubble? You kids these days believe anything you read in the media. It doesn't matter what anyone else says. Obama can do no wrong at all. You believe all the stereotypical garbage about conservatives too. I don't even go to church.

June 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daisy

Oh wow! That was really a witty retort Truthurts. When it comes to the battle of wits, you really are not very well armed.

June 10, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

I always wonder if morons who say stuff like this "Obama is the Messiah" and this "Libs think Obama can do no wrong" actually believe anyone thinks that way? Get a clue or two; that's leftover campaign stuff. You were only supposed to believe that stuff long enough to vote for Palin and McCain, not stay stuck in a dreamworld forever. The sad thing is that it is uncomfortably close to some of what I heard about Bush: "God's President, anointed by God."

June 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ricky

I'd like to point out I dont drink the kool-aid, nor whatever off-brand you sell, Daisy. It's because of people like you that I am this way, and likewise for Liberals of your calibur. May time open your mind, friend :)

June 10, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

See, there's another one: Stockholm knows what we all think, no matter what we actually say, but it's just FOXthought reversed. WE believe anything we hear, and he knows that because he heard it. We "all" have stereotypical ideas about conservatives, but isn't believing that a stereotypical idea?

June 10, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daisy

Bubba,
      Another Obama Zombie. Are your parents sibllings?

June 10, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam Cox

Is this Sean Hannity???

June 10, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Elizabeth

Seriously, has no one else noticed that the writer used the word "responsed"?

June 10, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

Some people don't need to read every word in a sentence and probably skipped over it (like me). Others just don't care about the occasional silly little typo when we get the point. These people are human, you know? Internet news isn't edited the same as books and traditional newspapers because it is pushed through much faster.

June 10, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  87. ridiculous

yes, the government should tax us for everything and tell us what to do all the time cause we are dumb and ignorant, big brother knows best, in other words don't go tanning, but smoke smoke smoke those cigarettes, buy another pack cause we just raised the tax another dollar, fill our coffers kill your lungs, and (ironically) contribute to rising healthcare costs....

tax and spend is ridiculous, obama is out of control, im all for social services and agree with several pieces of legislation passed during this administration, but im sick and tired of our political leaders and their tax for "our health" salt tax, cigarette tax, tanning bed tax, they don't make anyone healthier at all, but they do minimally attack the national debt, so we should still tax tax tax tax, next up: taxing air intake, limit your breathing or pay the price!

June 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

So are you for smoking or against it? You think the govt should tax or ban cigarettes, or leave them alone? Your post is so ridiculous I can't tell.

June 10, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Your post sure proves that you are 'dumb and ignorant'...

June 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Odalice Feliz

I get really red in the sun...just got out of the pool...**~**Harley Quinzel~**~

June 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  89. GET A CLUE

No matter what- john mccain is a criminal and crook........he should be tried and conviected for his actions against humanity and as an international war criminal......

June 10, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  90. M.R. in L.A.

He was giddy about his endorsement from Heidi form the Hills and now he's tweeting Snooki? Doesn't this mean it's time to stop being surprised he chose such an unqualified bimbo as his running mate? He's a dirty old man who's desperate for young ladies.

June 10, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  91. LVIT

OL McCAIN SEEMS TO LIKE TANNED CHICKS, VP MATERIAL. DIDN'T PALIN HAVE A TANNING BED INSTALLED IN HER OFFICE WHEN SHE WAS GOV.?

June 10, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  92. parishilton

I smell a hook up!

June 10, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  93. fronco123

I wonder what she is going to look like in 5 years,

June 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Mattarodack

Sin taxes are good policy: they raise revenues and reduce other harms, e.g., skin cancer and all the costs that come with it. If I had to decided whether to tax something useful (like working or investing) or something superfluous (like tanning), I'm going with tanning every time.

June 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Confused

Aren't spray tans something like $60 or $70 dollars a session? And can't you buy a pretty decent tanning package for that money? There was a place near my home advertising $40 for unlimited tanning bed usuage for a month. Does she really think she's saving money and that his reasoning it to spite white/pale people. I am ashamed of myself for reading this article.

June 10, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  96. sthamikat

I've never even heard of that trollop. As for McCain, I would vote for a "tax/spend" democrat before I would vote for a BORROW/spend Republican.

June 10, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Squosh

Who cares what that twit says? Look at her, she is a big pile of rediculous. And McCain actually responding to something that THING said, well that just makes him appear more out of touch with reality than he already does.

June 10, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Obama

You are welcome

June 10, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Joshua Ludd

Do John McCain and Sarah Palin not quite realize they already lost the election nearly 2 years ago?

June 10, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Mark in the Heartland

Who or what is a Snooki? I clicked on this article hoping to find out – I still don't know. Initially I thought it was what my wife and I do in bed, so I was interested to see how McCain tweeted it. Apparently that is not correct.

June 10, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Debi

Why do we care about Snooki and McCain's conversation?

Snooki is putting the stereotype of NJ residence in full view. McCain wouldn't have taxed BP because he believes that corporations are the God we all fear.

Reality TV has solidified the dumbing down of America.

June 10, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Debi, that retarded little troglidite is not a NJ resident. She, as well as most of the cast of that show are from NEW YORK. The appropriate name for that show should be "Retarded inbred guids from NEW YORK ruining New Jersians summer vacations".

June 10, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  102. PauletteB

As if we needed even more evidence that the old man has gone round the bend!

June 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  103. David

McCain is such an idiot. Why now we can pay for her skin cancer. Short sighted idiot....He reminds me of the white slave owners who were ok with how things worked back in the day.

June 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Alyson

Ironically, McCain is a melanoma survivor. Tanning should be taxed at a rate comparable to cigarettes. And should not be advertized, and should have a strictly enforced age limit. Period.

June 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Rico

This is sad. This is what America has become.

June 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  106. barney

Obama found a way to tax only white people.

June 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  107. ART

Who cares what this troll has to say, obviously that punch in the face made her even dumber

June 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  108. steeve-o

Wow, I hear a loud "clink" in twitter world...

It's the sound of two dumbbells colliding.

June 10, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Jenn

That's a tan? I thought it was some horrible, sad disease...

June 10, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  110. ballz

Darn it, move your hair out of the way so we can see the tan lines on your sweater meat.

June 10, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Bill

Boohoo! It's about time the government started turning to taxing the things that are causing the problem in order to fix them, and I give Obama kudos for doing just that. The use of tanning beds leads to much higher odds of skin cancer, and skin cancer creates a financial burden on our health care system. So what is wrong with imposing a modest tax to help recover some of those costs while also (hopefully) serving to deter people from using them as often as they do, thus reducing their odds of getting skin cancer. You'd think John McCain, as a skin cancer survivor, would be in favor of this, but instead we just hear the same tired, predictable rhetoric. Thank God this clown isn't our president.

June 10, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • weener

i'M WITH YOU. tax AS YOU GO. If your single, you pay a 1x tax rate. If you are married a 2x and if children then x number of kids x the rate plus the married couple rate. Fair is fair and 3–8 people sure put more wear and tear on the infrastructure than a single person. Let's stop this tax tyranny and make it FAIR in every way! Git her done!

July 13, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  112. John

McCain = Better entertainment than president of a large country with big bad guns and bombs. Dear God, please leave it that way. Tweet away about Snooki, McCain. Make sure to duct tape to "off" or remove all phones and buttons that can send bombs showering down when McCain is around. Stick to beer industry PLEASE; this is a win-win situation.

June 10, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Really?

McCain may not tax your tanning bed, but he would have taxed your health care.

June 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jewelzz

I want a reality show so I can become famous like the Jersey Shore bimbos

June 10, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  115. redruby1941

Sad commentary Snooki... if the look you are going for is Mafia girlfriend you have achieved it. If you can afford to go for tanning...you can afford to pay the measly 10% tax that now accompanies it. How much is it $5.00. Stop moaning, get a new hairdo, stop the tanning...you are already too dark and it will destroy your skin and your looks and will age you. So back to Jersey for you honey and stop complaining.

June 10, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

There's no tax yet. It begins July 1st. She's dumb.

June 10, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lee

Ahem, don't you dare group in that orange fat thing in with New Jersey. I realize the Dirty Jerz isn't the most glamorous place, but please...I take offense to it. She's from NY. Btw, I'm glad she goes tanning every day all day...we won't have to put up with her for long until she dies from melenoma...

June 10, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Bubba

McCain has found a new Palin! Snooki, whoever she is, for VP in 2012.

June 10, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  117. JW

One reason McCain lost the election is his complete lack of knowledge of technology. Does anyone believe he tweeted anything, or even knows what Twitter is?

June 10, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Daniel Troppy

That's all the world needs is another Republican griping about taxes . She looks like the kind of person that would endorse McCain, short , fat and stupid.

June 10, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Steve

Anyone else notice how she is starting to look kinda troll-like, especially in that pic. She is NOT going to age well.

June 10, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Froggy

That's what happens when you cure yourself like a piece of beef jerky

June 10, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  120. IEK

It's real, and it's Federal. It was part of the Health Care bill.

June 10, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • bobby

It is real and it is federal and from what I read in this article it worked. People don't need to tan. We pay for lots of the folks that get sick later on. How can folks not see that?

June 10, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Head Diva In Charge

Ok, a couple things about this. Snooki commenting on politics – bad. Everything she says is a joke, and anyone jumping on that band wagon looks equally stupid. McCain actually responding to her silly statement – so sad. Just because he pretends to know who Snooki is doesn't make him cool, young, or right. Sorry kids.

June 10, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • McFunny

I find the idea that McCain follow's Snooki enough to actually respond to her via twitter quite scary.

June 10, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meggie

Exactly! Not to mention a 10% tax on tanning is no more than $1, unless you are doing a $20 bed which then it would be a $2 tax. WOW, she can't afford that? If you want to live your life smoking cigs, going tanning, eating junk, well then you should have to pay for it. These extra taxes are going to help pay for the overwhelming costs of healthcare. Healthcare for those people who will need it after years of tanning, smoking cigs, and eating junk!

June 10, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • alumette

It only shows he is a silly old -fashioned dude. Not funny at all.

June 10, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • morgans

I highly doubt mccain himself did it....

June 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sukka!

@Meggie- I think you're missing the point about the taxing. While it may only be $1 or $2, it's still the Govt intruding. Where does the taxing stop? It may be only a %10 tax on tanning, alcohol, cigarettes, etc. right now, but that opens the door for more and higher taxes later on. Also, it's not the point that this Snookie idiot can't afford it, but it's not just the rich folks that have to pay these taxes ya know. *Disclaimer: I don't smoke or drink any more and I'm a red head, so I damned sure don't go to a tanning bed! lol I'm just merely saying...

June 10, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobby

Quit crying about taxes. They are the lowest they have been in 70 years right now and we have one of the lowest tax rates of any developed nation. No one likes to pay them, but face facts they are necessary.

June 10, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • cassandra

This is the worlds problem right here. Why are we worring about tanning going up $2 when our economy sucks. This is what I want to hear and see when so many of our women and men are out of work. Keep it up America. Just can't wait to see what life is going to be like 10 years from now!!!!

June 10, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Demented Waltz

I agree with you Meggie. And really, what the heck does Snooki know about politics.

June 11, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  122. Lydia

Oh, and P.S. we sure this is a FEDERAL tax and not a state tax?

June 10, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  123. let's be real

@lydia, you can't reason with idiots. They do as they please. If she wants to tan, let her. At least you (I assume) know way better.

June 10, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  124. aatami

Lydia – Please don't hip this ding dong to the health problems of tanning beds. Thinning the herd can be a good thing.

June 10, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Ohnoes

Oh no tanning increases your risk of melanoma by 300%!!! So your .001% chance of developing skin cancer just became .003%!!! That's like idiots who buy extra lottery tickets thinking that their odds of hitting the jackpot increase significantly. 3 chances in over 150 million is just as close to zero as 1 chance in over 150 million.

June 10, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  126. tanman

thats silly. How can a tax save you from skin cancer. If he was really worried about health, why doesnt he outlaw it altogether. Call it what it is. another way to tax anyone for revenue

June 10, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  127. lol

Dumb, YOUR stupidity rate would jump to 100%.

June 10, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  128. let's be real

Dumb, I think was "lol" was trying to say was that you spelled "YOUR" as "YOU'RE." Not to jump into the convo, but just a thought.

You obviously came back to look at lol's comment once. I wouldn't be surprised if you came back.

June 10, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Jonathan

Sorry Ohnoes, but you fail at math. There are over a million new cases of skin cancer diagnosed in the U.S. each year. The chances of you getting skin cancer at some point in your life are around 1 in 4, and the chances of getting melanoma, the deadliest form, are 1 in 74. You really want to triple those odds?

June 10, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Jimbo

your right... obama saved her from cancer.. but he still allows people to smoke and then get cancer... AND NOW WE ALL HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.. We need to free ourselves from this dead weight.. Deport Democrats!

June 10, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  131. Eric

@Dumb.. do you think she literally means he saved her from cancer.... geez who's really the dumb one?

June 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Ben

Ohnoes – Get your facts straight. The odds of getting melanomia are about one in 75. A 300% increase makes it one in 25. That's lousy odds for such a horrible disease.

June 10, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  133. shoobop

Because if he outlawed tanning altogether the Republicans would scream "SOCIALST PIG" at which point we may as well just walk down to the bomb shelters and sit out the fire storm. If this land is ever going to do anything about healthcare and make it more affordable or even PAY for it, doesn't it make sense to tax the bajeezus out of unhealthy things like cigarettes and tanning and a host of other things that would create more of YOUR TAX dollars to be spent on cancer treatments? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that tanning can cause cancer – I mean for God's sake – there are warning signs all over those tanning salon's telling you exactly THAT...yes...you have "free will" that you can use to simply do it anyway...but now? It's gonna cost you just a little more to do so – consider the tax you pay to do this unhealthy thing to your body as a way of flipping off 'da man and just simmer down.

June 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Bubba

Does she have hairy feet?

June 10, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  135. bamabunny

Not a Hobbit at all! Can't you tell by the orange glow she's an Oompa-Loompa?

June 10, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  136. s

lmao, thanks for making my Thursday at work interesting with a good laugh!

June 10, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  137. imopie

i'll give you the ten bucks for smokes and tanning tax. nothing like a dried skin smoke stack crying REP. it's all POOR ME! DON'T TAKE MY MONEY. you all want smaller government. but complaint the government doing to little on BP's mess and weren't you all just chanting "DRILL BABY DRILL" right along with McCain. what bunch of selfish babies.

June 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Daisy

No wonder kids can't spell these days. You should see how they get mixed up with lose and loose. Also, I see "should of" when it should be "should have".

June 10, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Moi

I am Republican, and I really would not give a flying crap if he outlawed it.

June 10, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Joe

Maybe, but I bet she has a veritable forest below deck. All that thick nasty black hair. EEEwwwwww

June 10, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Joe too

How do they get that long black wig to stay on that cute little chipmanzee's head?

June 10, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Joe too

Oh, sorry, that's not a chimpanzee. Its a Snookie. Wouldn't her name be more appropriate if it started with a W instead of an S.

Wookie