June 8th, 2010

Mourning the end of 'Glee'

I have such mixed emotions about “Glee.”

Tuesday night is the season finale, and while I am super excited to finally be reaching the Regionals and for Quinn to hopefully get that baby out of her belly, I still have to deal with the fact that this is the end of the first season.

It was such a good one, though I could have done without the super long break between the initial episodes and the final ones. But what a way to go out, with what I suspect will be a battle royale between New Directions and Vocal Adrenaline!

Hopefully some questions will be answered (or at least hinted at) such as, does Jesse really care for Rachel? Is Finn her true love, and if so, will they end up together? Can Mr. Schuester get his love life together, and what insane dialogue have the writers dreamed up this week for Brittany?

My gut is telling me that there's no way New Directions is going to win, especially not with Sue Sylvester as a judge. There has to be some type of twist that will keep us holding on until next season. Can’t wait to see how it all shakes out.

What about you? Are you looking forward to the final episode of “Glee?”

Post by:
Filed under: Glee • television

1. dave

I didnt even read the article. Glee is some dumb show that makes people think that they have talent and want to sing as a career. Notice how all the damn schools have new theaters now? Just a trend going on to motivate younger people to prance around on a stage thinking that that is what they will do for a career. Trendy, kinda like rump riding is acceptable and should is normal. Sorry, that hole was meant for one thng...

November 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. crolync

I am 67 years old and am a Glee fan. I watched part of the first episode of the first season and was frankly shocked at what I heard so I didn't watch anymore. But it kept getting great reviews so I gave the 2nd season a try and cmpletely changed my mind. I have to recognize I live in a completely different age and what was offensive when I was that age is no longer so...and so I just accept it and enjoy the talent. Plus, it is funnnnnny and clever. And actually addresses some serious issues very thoughtfully. I love it.

June 9, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. KT

As long as they don't do another *awful* cover, like that weird rendition of Pokeface by Lady Gaga–what kind of song is that for a mom and daughter to sing?–then I'll probably enjoy the finale. Also, no more sappy a capellas. It was embarrassing to watch.

June 9, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. GLEEK

AAHHH! I love Glee! It's SoOoOoOoO good! omg brittany n santana 4evaaaaaaa & rachel/finn & puck/quinn & artie/tina. I'm a shipper of all of them! Okies!!! bai!!! o_O ^.^ ( Y )

June 9, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ann

Fred Evil...I'm sure you were a bully in high school

June 9, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lori

Love the show....I fought watching it for so long thinking it was going to be a High School Musical....not. Who doesn't like Jane Lynch..love everthing she has been in and I just have to look at the woman and laugh!

June 9, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dennis Hubbs

The series is a bit of fresh air among a sea of reality trash!! In any case, it has been renewed for TWO seasons, so not to worry.

June 9, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mark

any good reason why this fiction is so popular?-the real world out the is BEGGING to be let in

June 9, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  9. Holly Golightly

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Not that it matters, but I am 31, not 10-12. Thanks for all the negative comments! If you pessimists have such "lives" why do you feel the need to put others down for something that makes us happy?! I don't watch any other show besides "Mad Men"–(another excellent show!!), because I frankly don't believe there are many quality shows out there. "Glee" has outstanding performances, writing and characters! Can't wait until next season! I'm so glad they will be showing reruns in the meantime. I am proud to be a Gleek!

June 9, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  10. Fred Evil

You got me all excited! I thought the network had finally wised up and canceled this awful show.

Hated these dweebs in HS, like them even less now....

June 9, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • d

Fred Evil, you are exactly the kind of person who will never understand shows like this... and I feel sorry for you with your tightly knitted, closed mind. Thankfully there are plenty of us who feel emotion and know the power of music. <3 Glee.

June 9, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Gleek47

I really enjoy the musical numbers – but I can live without the little mini soap operas in between.

You know what I would like to see this summer? Show us the making of all those musical numbers. A nice behind the scenes look at what goes into choosing a song, choosing who sings what, the choreography, rehearsals etc... THAT I'd watch!

June 9, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. Homercidal

Frankly, I'm not excited by this show. I enjoy the comedy, but the music numbers are so over-produced that it breaks the believability wall. At first I was pretty excited for the show, but after a couple of episodes, I'm like. Blah. It's not even real singing.

I don't know how anyone can really care about the characters in a show like this.

June 9, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. gail robin

Damn you people need to get a real life. How old you? 10-12 range?

June 9, 2010 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
    • CorrineM

And yet you feel the need to read articles about the show and comment on them...........

June 9, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  14. artemis

I knew that Sue was a softy at heart! Nice touch to the last episode. While we all knew they wouldn't win, it was the prospect of them winning we all watched for - the writers have us pegged. GREAT show that makes me laugh and not take life so seriously.

June 9, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  15. Chuck

I wonder how they will explain the stars/seniors being back next season. They should be graduating!

June 9, 2010 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  16. Barbara

My husband came into the room and asked me why I was smiling. I said I just love this show. This show just makes you smile. Great final!! Can't wait for the new season to begin

June 8, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. rhumba

Just watched it. It was great. A couple of tear jerker moments!

June 8, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Gnuh

YAAAYYYY people are finally going to shut up about Glee!!!

June 8, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  19. mushymushroom

Yes, this is the end of the first season. The gap between the first episodes and the final ones are just a break, so the Madonna episode and the rest are still part of the first season. :)

I don't know but I think I'm kind of losing interest already, I haven't been watching since the Madonna episode. But still a fan I guess.

June 8, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  20. T Phil

They don't win regionals.
    Better for storytelling purposes.
    Also, the producers don't want to be the show where every character gets exactly what they want at the end of season 1 (the Ross & Rachel syndrome).

June 8, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  21. cavepearl

As we close the chapter on GLEE...we all look forward for TRUE BLOOD!!!

June 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Bill Haverchuck

Glee sucks!

Freaks & Geeks has the better McKinley High.

June 8, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  23. WhiteHilt

Doesn't anyone else suspect a tie and a sing-off for the first episode of the next season.

June 8, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ben

Sheesh, you make it seem like the show's been canceled. You can survive 3 or 4 Jane Lynch-free months.

June 8, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyssa Kroeger

OMG so true, although I will be watching the re runs this summer, its so true 3-4 months without how sue sees it will be a wonderful thing....BUT I will miss Finn and Puck and Mr schue... They are my favorites....although artie is awesome too. Honestly one of these days i have to thank my cousin Krys for getting my mom and I into this show over thanksgiving break last year :) DONT STOP BELIEVING!!!!

June 14, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Antonio

To be perfectly honest, I watched it once at the suggestion of my sister and I gotta tell you – I just didn't get it. I tend to like quirky TV shows that don't conform to all the standard genres (see Harsh Realm, Brimstone, Moonlight, Due South, Dead Like Me, Joan of Arcadia from a few years back). But Glee I just did not get.

June 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  26. eurobarometer

Maybe Sue is not really a judge in Regionals. They might just asked her to announce the winner. (I think this idea is so stupid :-p)

June 8, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BP

Shouldn't they win and go on to "Nationals" next season? Doesn't it go Sectionals, Regionals. Nationals, Worlds?

June 8, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The Truth

Its sad reading this article and some of these comments. Its a tv show, you can live without it for a couple of months. I have favorite shows that I am looking forward to their return in the fall. I also have favorite shows that ended and catch a rerun or pop in a dvd once in awhile to watch. But I can easily go on with my life without them. Truely sad depressed people.

June 8, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gleek!

I believe this comment section is here for people to comment on the end of the season since that is what the article is about. It is okay to be sad that your show is on Summer hiatus.....sheesh! You read too much into people expressing a little sadness over waiting....I'm sure you have some super fabulous life that the rest of us cannot fathom though and are totally justified in calling names. Sigh.....who is the sad one here really?

June 8, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • IvCNuB4

I think The Truth's point IS that he has a life – LOL. Seriously. It's a TV show. Don't you see how feeble it sounds to say "I don't know how I'll get through the summer?" - Sheesh. It's summer time. Get outside and enjoy fresh air and sunlight ! !

June 9, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • ABK

I don't think any of us are REALLY going to die without the show... it's just talk.

June 9, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyssa Kroeger

Thats very true, a good portion of my shows I love are over, Buffy, Angel, The Shield, The Sopranos, Highlander, 24 and I love to throw in those DVDs whenever I get a chance, then there are shows im waiting for to come back, Dexter, Sons of anarchy, Justified, American Idol and now Glee. But life goes on and I cannot wait for my favorite shows to come back :) plus less shows means i wont be as tired all the time :P

June 14, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Suz

I watched one episode – I don't care for the series at all, I guess because I lived through all that choir drama once already in high school! I do like the music, though.

June 8, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Irwin

It'll be a long 3 months, but there'll be reruns (on Thursdays). It's been a fantastic rtide, though a little crazy and inconsistent at times, but some of the best production numbers I've ever seen. Just hope the dramatic side tightens up a bit. It's one of the few shows I look forward to anymore (Parenthood being the other.)

June 8, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Bubba

What, is it canceled? I didn't watch it, but it seemed to be doing well.

June 8, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. D.S.

Here how it will all go down. We will find out Shelby is not Rachel's mom, Quinn will have the baby and New Directions will not win regionals. But what will the cliff hanger be? Maybe that Finn has feelings for Kurt?! LOL.

June 8, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  33. ABK

I'm so absolutely in love with this show. I don't know how I'll get through the next several months without it. I will just have to listen to the downloads over and over and over and over.

June 8, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Glee Lover

I am so excited and sad! It is going to be torture waiting for the next season to begin!! :-(

June 8, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  35. David

THis show started out nicely, but then became uncomfortable to watch. I can't imagine watching this with children. I just dont care for it anymore. And you only have to wait 4 months for the next season. I lost "Lost" and 24 for ever!!!

June 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyssa Kroeger

You dont lose 24 forever, just for another year until the movie comes out, hopefully it is as good as 24 redemption was :) I cannot wait!

June 14, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. let's be real

Can someone clarify for me what is going on? Is this article talking about the end of the first season or the end of the series??? Rather confused... if it is the end of the first season as in there will be more seasons, then what's the big deal? Season two will be around the corner sooner than you will realize... once you get used to not seeing it you'll be fine, and then the second season will start up. :P

June 8, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • RS

How can it be the end of first season ? This is their second season. I just saw the dvd for the first season at the store the other day, when I was out shopping with my mom (who is a new gleek). I remember that because I pointed it out to her, and she was all excited.

June 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • mmK

actually it was the end of their first season. They only released the DVD collection for the first 13 episodes. All 22 season 1 episodes will be out on DVD later this summer–just in time to kick off season 2!

June 9, 2010 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  37. former gleek myself

I can't wait! I am so addicted, I download the songs and listen to them in my car. Belting them out like a loon with passers by staring at me and questioning my sanity. Thank you Glee for showing the world how cool it can be to be a Gleek!!!

June 8, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |