June 7th, 2010

Best of the bleeps at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards

From host Aziz Ansari’s opening parody of "Precious" to Peter Facinelli’s F-bomb-strewn Best Movie acceptance speech on behalf of the "New Moon" cast, the MTV Movie Awards was packed with moments both riotous and raucous. Here are some of the highlights that kept viewers buzzing - and the censors reaching for their bleep button.

• "Hangover" star Ed Helms performs the movie’s touching “Doug” ballad, with co-star Ken Jeong doing an interpretive dance in a tiger-print leotard that struggles to conceal what he bared in the hit comedy.
  • As "Tropic Thunder’s" movie exec Les Grossman, Tom Cruise gets thunderous applause for his showstopping number with Jennifer Lopez (looking uncannily like Charo). The two bust a move and booty slap to her hit “Get Right,” bringing the audience – including Cruise’s beaming wife, Katie Holmes - to their feet.

• During the Best Kiss presentation, "Get Him to the Greek" co-stars Russell Brand and Jonah Hill engage in a hilariously sloppy, grope-filled smooching session prompted by the Kiss Cam.
  • After winning the Best Kiss award, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson tease the audience by pretending that they are about to plant one on each other. Um, didn’t they do this shtick last year?
  • Presenting Sandra Bullock with the Generation Award, Betty White tells the actress she’s a huge fan – then confuses all of her film credits, saying she loved Bullock as an amphetamine addict in "Speed" and as Stevie Wonder in "The Blind Side." When Bullock takes the stage in a daring backless number, White warns, “Honey, don’t ever wear that dress backwards.”
  • Standing in for her husband, Bullock’s "The Proposal" co-star Ryan Reynolds, Scarlett Johansson tells the Generation Award winner she thinks Reynolds and Bullock also should have won Best Kiss because their lip-lock looked so soft. She finds out for herself when Bullock grabs her face and lets her have it.
  • "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" star Aubrey Plaza gives the censors a workout while announcing the nominees for Best WTF Moment: “Megan Fox, I have always wanted to [bleep] you. And when you threw up on Amanda Seyfried in 'Jennifer’s Body,' it made me want to [bleep] you more,” she said. “Wherever you are tonight, I’m going to find you, and [bleep] you.”
  • "The Other Guys" stars Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell hang around – literally – for "Harry Potter" actor Tom Felton's Best Villain acceptance speech. When Felton thanks his girlfriend, Wahlberg, pretending to be sick of being suspended in the air, hurries him along by blurting out, “Are you serious? Come on! This ain’t the [bleep]-ing Oscars!”

1. freeprop

look at cheap beats by dre with confident

February 13, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeddak

I don't really care about mtv or behavior meant to shock for shock's sake but I did happen in on the awards show and Tom Cruise was great and as SJ is wonderful anyone kissing her is lucky. How could you resist?

July 12, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saet

cine-magic

June 14, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Steph

Sandra Bullock is awesome. She can merry me if she wants :-).............

June 9, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jesse

MTV IS SUUUUUUUUUPER 'WACK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*** Hollywood!!!!!!!!!! (Sandra, you REALLY didnt have to do tht, unreal!!)

June 7, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. cm

Funny or not, did Sandra really need to kiss Scarlett? Totally out of character – leave stupidity for the obvious ones like Madonna and Britney Spears.

June 7, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. HGY

Why the heck did they kiss like that??I agree with one of the other comments. It is out of character for Bullock and SJ. It was not necessary and looked just plain aweful. You can tell they were not comfortable with it. We are not all gay you know!

June 7, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 123abc

Straight women kissing on stage during award shows is getting boring.

June 7, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RSHUM

Hey it's MTV...It's supposed to be disgusting. I still remember when they played music.Now that was a LONG time ago.

June 7, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mike C.

Sandra's image has often been one of being a little silly. Heck, I remember seeing Dean Martin give Sammy Davis Jr. a kiss once. It's just silliness. If you're offended, lighten up. Besides, it's MTV for heaven's sake. You had to expect something silly and off of the wall!

June 7, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ryan

That was great! Why not? She keeps getting hurt by men. I feel all tingly all over. It brought a smile to my face. That is what MTV is all about. There are worse things to worry about. Watching the oil spill is making me depressed. Please do it again Sandra!

June 7, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jeff E.

Wow, f bombs and forced make-out sessions. Everyone over twelve who ignored this show really missed out.

June 7, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. david

no wonder i cant find a normal girl, vampires, lip locking with other females, fantasies in the head "fantasia la cupu"
    guys are starting to change their opinions about females, and its not for the better.

June 7, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Roland

Sandra Bullock is a fox with a great sense of humor – not to mention she's one tough cookie that is down to earth.

June 7, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The best

The Best bleeps were the ones they didn't catch and the F bomb went sailing over the airwaves. George Carlin would have been so proud.

June 7, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. The end of all things is near....

June 7, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Wayne

J. Allen, let me think for a moment. Is "stupider" really a word? You must watch a lot of MTV.

June 7, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Alex

If two women kissing is a highlight, there must have been a lot of lowlights at the MTV awards.

June 7, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. J-Mac

I have not watched Mtv in years but thought the show was great. I liked the musical performaces and the little skits in between the awards presented. Les Grossman.... amazing performance, I loved it! I drop the f-bomb as much as the next person, but actually got tired of the bleeping sound during the show. Good job Mtv!

June 7, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  20. tjc360

I love to say f_ck just as much as the next person, but they over did it, the fuc_ing bleeps got old after the first f_ckin 5 minutes, f_ck anyone who disagrees with me, fuc_ you, you f_ckin fuc!

June 7, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Carmen

I am sick and tired of crap like this happening on TV monkey see monkey do. STOP IT ALREADY MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE FOR THIS AND WHAT IS THE POINT OR WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE!!!!!!

June 7, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Larry

...haven't watched mtv in years....reading this reminds me why....

June 7, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lorraine

i hated what Will and Mark did...
    if it was supposed to be funny well it wasn't
    poor Tom they should've let him say his speach in peace :)

June 7, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. KimAly

Is there a reason that people feel the need to be so classless, vulgar, and stupid just because it is the MTV Awards? I guess it is because MTV is classless, vulgar, and stupid.

June 7, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • efd40

Its designed specifically to annoy the uptight. Congrats... now you know what the problem is.

June 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  25. KScores

Worst show ever, MTV tried to hard to be cool and it was obvious.

June 7, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  26. NJBunny

Not a good idea for Sandra to kiss Betty... Betty's teeth would have probably fallen out on the stafe. Ick.

June 7, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  27. J. Allen

I don't know who watches MTV anymore. When I see articles about shocking behavior on MTV–I am amazed that people are actually shocked. If you want to watch something trashy and will actually make you stupider, MTV is the network for you! Otherwise, avoid it!

June 7, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jose Garcia

That woman-to-woman kiss is uncalled for. I have two granddaughters that,while they're growing up, are seeing more and more of this stuff on TV. Woman-with-woman, man-with-man weddings, sometimes on daytime TV. Somebody help me, for there's a lot of explanation to do to kids 4, 6 years old at this tender age. SANDRA, you've always been one of my favorite actresses since the movie "WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING"... but now, I'm confused as my granddaughters are !!!!

June 7, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linney

You're too old for MTV. Just stop watching already and your delicate sensibilities won't ever be compromised again. Tool.

June 7, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJem

In 2010 you are confused? I would say that children of ages 4 and 6 have no business watching MTV – especially late at night. MTV is infamous for this kind of thing. You have explaining to do because you allowed underage grandchildren to watch TV. There is a button on your remote that allows you to change the channel or turn it off.

June 7, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • hobbiman

Jose

It is not a question as of Sandra kissing Scarlett, it is the matter of why are you letting your 4 and 6 yr old watch the MTV music awards to begin with. Seems to me thier are two many people in this world that want everyone else to raise thier kids for them. The fact of the matter is there are lesbians and gay men in this world and you will never be able to hide your grandkids away from them. Instead of sheltering them from such horrors as you make it out to be why not use this to explain to them thier are people in the world that are different. I have a 4 yr old daughter that knows first hand that people are different and not to judge them for what they are, she has a lesiban cousin and knows it is okay to be different then society's standards.

June 7, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ant

Somebody help you?... You're confused? I would say so if you think that MTV programming is appropriate for children ages 4 and 6! I will agree that a lot of programming on TV is losing standards and inappropriate for young audiences, but if you don't want to have to explain these subject matters to your granddaughters you should think about what programs you're allowing them to watch in the first place.

June 7, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shelly

Although I can understand that some people might be uncomfortable having that conversation with little kids, I am wondering – why are you letting a 6 year old watch soap operas (I'm assuming that's what you meant by daytime TV) or the MTV award shows? It's rated TV-14. TV shows & movies have a rating for a reason – if you're uncomfortable having a conversation with your kids about a subject matter, then you're probably letting them watch a program/movie that is too advanced for their age.

June 7, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • wordup

Um.. you let a 4 and 6 year old watch MTV music awards?!? I am sure you had to explain more than just the kiss between Sandra and Scarlett. I think is awesome that Sandra did that. None the less it shouldn't matter who is kissing who these days. Instead of pointing fingers at TV for showing it, perhaps you need to be less lazy and censor what your kids/grandkids are watching. My parents never let us watch a movie or TV without watching it first. You can read TV guide or info. of the show you are watching (from most cable companies) and it give you a description of the show. Live TV is obviously different, but you can choose not to watch when the children are present, you can watch a replay of it later.

June 7, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • FABIAN

This actually helps explain things in more detail!!! MTV just made your explanation easier if you ask me.

June 7, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aquilera had lip lock a few years back during the MTV awards. The show goes for this sort of thing. Nothing wrong with this as it is only a publicity stunt. Even if it weren't a publicity stunt so what. This is the 21st Century and adults are free to explore other ways of loving people.

June 7, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Stevo

Tom Cruise's alter ego Les Grossman was awesome. Anytime an actor goes outside their norm and tears it up like that...they deserve our respect. Great job Les!!!

June 7, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  30. doris

bleeiping funny ilove it very nmuch

June 7, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Collin

I kind of enjoyed the show. It had a few moments but for the most part it was terrible. Aziz did a good job and some of the presenters were good. What I didn't like were the couple of preformances that I saw, Katty Perry and Christina Agulera(Spelling?) were horrible, not only was the music vomit inducing the stage show was terrible too. I really couldn't believe the amount of cuss words that didn't get censored, that was something I actually enjoyed since I love screw ups. Oh and I do have to say the all out love-fest for that crappy series known as Twilight was too much to handle, that scene they aired made my fiance and I lol because we thought it was a joke but it turned out to be a real clip.

June 7, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MARTA

I really enjoyed the show. It was really entertaining. And I'm really happy for all the awards that "New Moon" took home. (I'm obsessed with anything related to the series).
    But Kristen Stewart needs to get some freaking confidence and get over her "shyness"... It was so akward seeing her speak. She needs to come with terms with the fact that she famous and her fans lover her. She needs to learn to own her popularity and make the most of it! She says she loves her fan but her body languange and demeanor implied the total oppossite! I understant her dislike for the paparazzi and what not, but does she have to look so uncomfortable in the spotlight all the time?

June 7, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I didn't see the show either but ever since Madonna and Britney Spears shared an onstage kiss it seems to be the popular thing to do. Why? Seems dumb to me. And, like you, I have nothing against gays and lesbians and am all for them being able to get married, have and/or adopt kids, etc.

June 7, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

I don't agree – she is still young and growing as a person. She may be an actress but that doesn't mean she has confidence in a live setting. Some actors are more outspoken then others....it's who they are – if she is a quiet withdrawn person – then accept her as such. Madonna has always been who she is going back to her teens. She didn't develop into the person she is now – it's WHO SHE IS. She's outspoken and attention seeking. People pay money to watch her act in a movie – end of story – we don't pay her to see who she is as person in reality. Nor is it our place to judge and/or criticize her personally.

June 7, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Natalie

Twilight sucks! Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattison, Taylor Lautner, they are all bad actors and no one else wants them in a movie. Otherwise, why would they be doing twilight? It's just for emo/goth teenagers.

June 7, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Lorin

I have nothing against lesbians or gays but I think it was a bit out of character on Sandra's part to make out with Scarlette. IDK... I didn't watch the show so maybe if I did I'd understand it better, but still, it just seems strange.

June 7, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

yeah, it was a little strange, but totally hilarious because of the setup. For those that didn't see the show, the recap here leaves out the build-up. So Betty White, Bradley Cooper, and Scarlet came out together to do the honoring of Bullock, and both White and Cooper had a bunch of stuff to say. Then they turn to Scarlet, and ask if she'd like to say anything. "No... no, I'm good." So it came off as really weird that she was there if she wasn't going to say anything. Then they showed a montage of Bullock's movies, and brought her up on stage. She thanked White & Cooper, and didn't have anything to say to Scarlet, so she was just like, "How's it going?" or something. Then toward the end of her speech she said something to the effect of "okay, Scarlet – I love you, but why are you here? This is really awkward." That's when Scarlet said she was there in place of Ryan, and edged closer. Then they kissed, and it all came together. It was pretty entertaining to watch – not sure if it comes off that way to read it.

June 7, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

loosen up -it just for fun–stop trying to control people with your beliefs

June 7, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Minnows

Sandra and Meryl Streep kissed earlier this year at another awards show! I think it was a stunt to get life back to normal and start making fun of her again, like she requested!

June 7, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • kit

Yes Lorin, watching the show would have helped you get the context.

June 8, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  34. heather

I kinda felt bad for tom. idk

June 7, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • SHPLAH!

TOM HAD A BLAST! HE OWNED EVERY INCH OF THAT STAGE!

June 7, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • efd40

Thats because being daring and over the top are what it takes to be a star, not a poster on a forum. So you'd be too embarrassed to do it, so what. The performance was excellent.

June 7, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • qyock

What? Why did you feel bad for him?? He was friggin' awesome! Also, I don't care what anyone says about him, he totally redeemed himself in Tropic Thunder! LOVE that movie!!

June 7, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  35. NIcci

I see that I didn't miss anything spectacular. Wonder how much Cruise paid people to stand up like that?

June 7, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • ReginaM

When it comes to Tom Cruise I can take him or leave him but he was hilarious in Tropic Thunder. I didn't even know it was him until the credits rolled.

June 7, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jane

I think it would have been funnier if Sandra would have kissed Betty White!!

June 7, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. woof

its aubrey plaza. she is on parks and rec with aziz.

June 7, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  38. BenO

Who is Aubrey Best? I can't find him/her on IMDB either with a direct search, or by searching the actors in "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," or through Google. Is this a typo? Was some other person's name supposed to be entered there.

June 7, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |