June 4th, 2010

Leona Lewis uninjured after elevator shaft fall

Is somebody out to get Leona Lewis?

Just last year, the 25-year-old British "Bleeding Love" singer suffered facial injuries after being headbutted by her horse. Then she was punched in the face by a male fan at her October book signing.

Then last Friday, Lewis plummeted down an elevator shaft while performing in Sheffield, England.

Outrageous as it sounds, a rep at Lewis's J Records label confirms that the incident did indeed occur during the first night of the star's UK tour. Lewis later told The Sun newspaper, "We have been having problems with the lift. It had been going fine in rehearsals and then I had a bit of an accident and fell down the lift shaft."

The problem was that the elevator had gotten stuck, causing the "X-Factor" winner to tumble into an empty hole. "I was lucky not to get injured," Lewis told The Sun. "Fortunately it happened during a blackout on set and didn't affect the show and none of the audience saw anything."

Perhaps she better start keeping an eye out for ACME anvils falling from the sky.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. David

i think it was hilourious when she got punched SMACK,

June 29, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Head Diva In Charge

This is so "LA Law".

June 7, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. Simmo

Also remember her husband died on her doorstep.

June 5, 2010 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  4. Massive Marbles

The two things that you most assuredly get when you become a celebrity, those who hate you and those who like you too much, then hate you...

June 4, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. scottnphx

who is this person and why is this news? I stubbed my toe in the bathroom this morning, isn't that breaking important news?

June 4, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • DUH

The difference is you're a nobody. She is a musician with a record deal, CDs, and concerts to perform in. You might not know her, but I'm sure there's a lot more people who don't know you. Talented or not, she's out there, and you're behind the computer.

Also, if you look carefully, you're in the MARQUEE BLOG section. If you want to read about the BP oil spill go somewhere else, tool.

June 4, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Seamus Wardowski

this explains why she's friggin ugly...

June 4, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hmm

when she is cut, does she bleed love?

June 4, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dave 1

Wow, so interesting to read some of these comments. Some intelligent, some caring, some funny, some stupid, some really stupid, some you-should-be-shot-directly-in-the-head stupid (Mike Tyson) (August). Takes all kinds, or so they say....

June 4, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Cinta1

That poor girl. Some people just shouldn't leave their bed in the morning.

June 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Gordon

Sounds like this young lady is an accident looking for a place to happen. {;-)

June 4, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. August

I guess her CD's aren't selling well. Simon thinks that putting her in harm's way might get the public to buy her CD's; I ain't buying!

June 4, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. thehenderson

she should think about getting a plastic bubble to live in. With all of these injuries and the fact that she keeps bleeding, keeps, keeps bleeding, she needs to protect herself...

June 4, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mari Holmes

I glad she's ok. I remember when the emphasis was on the music, and the performer , not the setup. I've been to a 30 or so concerts over the last 40 years that were terrific, and the setup was not so intricate it endangered the star. Incidentally one of the worst concerts I ever attended (ticket was $150.00 and purchased a year in advance) was the worst I've ever attended. The stage was ridiculous! Maybe it we got back to the music, the prices could come down, and the music could shine again...

June 4, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ed

How does one fall down an elevator shaft an not get hurt. Was it 10 floors, 5 five floors? or 10 feet, five feet? My guess is it was five inches, and she tripped getting on/off the "lift"!

June 4, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. matt

the fact the majority of you idiots commented on this untalented womans incident of being hit in the face just goes to show how 1 track minded you people are. Focus on the fact she fell, and no one cares if this joke of an artist succeeds.

June 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

matt, take your trolling somewhere else. She's more successful than you will ever be.

June 4, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Todd

Chiefer, you're a dick!

June 4, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Alex

She looks like a horse

June 4, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Peter

Who?

June 4, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Bruce Bowen

She probably doesn't want to play basketball with me, then.

June 4, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Burbank

Yikes! Talk about accident prone! The horse thing had to have been 100% her fault. You should NEVER EVER stand directly in front of a horse or lean forward in the saddle for that exact reason. People that buy horses should not do so without taking lessons first. They are not little kittens or lap dogs and can be very dangerous due to sheer size if you don't know what you are doing, no matter how gentle they are.

June 4, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. laura

Thank Goodness an angel is watching over her,she could've been severly injured

June 4, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. une ombre

May she needs to SLOW down, perhaps something is trying to tell her something....

June 4, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Mar

Leona is a very brave and strong person. I am glad to hear that she wasn't hurt. I tripped and fell just 5 inches and pulled a tendon, when stepping into an elevator that was not functioning properly and had dropped below the floor, last year. It still hasn't healed completely and probably never will. This is no laughing matter, but I'll laugh at the person who said this was "Hilarious" when they fall. No one gets up from a fall like that without some pain involved.

June 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Fred

Wonder if they mistook poor Leona for Celine Dion – Now Celine is a personality that most everyone wants to push down an elevator shaft.

June 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike tyson

I'd punch Celine Dion in the face!

June 4, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Burbank

June 4, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • TarasJMHO

"Mike Tyson – you would punch a woman in the face??? Wow!!! I serioulsy hope you come down with prostrate cancer and loose your balls!"

I seriously doubt, after a comment like that, he ever had any in the FIRST place.

June 4, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

Why is everyone assuming the Mike Tyson listed here is a guy? No one would care if a girl named Mike Tyson say they would punch another girl.

June 4, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike tyson

yea, you guys are right, i wouldn't punch her in the face....
      i'd probably bite her ear off!!!
      lets have a vote; left or right?

June 6, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Boof

I don't know who this chick is, but, after reading this story, I just hope I'm never on an airplane with her.

June 4, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  26. King Louie

dummy

June 4, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. sss

why would they talk about something that happened and didn't affect the show? that's like saying she almost got hit by a car or tripped or something....is the news day seriously so slow that a singer NOT getting hurt is breaking news??

June 4, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  28. TammyB

This has been a fear of mine for forever! Wow! Just glad she is okay and lived to tell the tale!

June 4, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • bren

you don't need the "for" in front of "forever" because "forever" literally means for ever.

June 4, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

I've always been afraid of falling down an elevator shaft in a submarine that is on fire

June 4, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris

ive been afraid of responding to a stupid comment on the marquee blog....
      OMFG MY NIGHTMARE HAS COME TO LIFE!!!! >SCREAMS<

June 6, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Feeniegal

First you say it..then you do it!! Man, I bet that was scary.

June 4, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Stephen

Wow. Someone one punched her. Leona? I hope he is in jail because that is beyond evil. It is good to hear she is unharmed with the elevator but I hope some one gets fired for that.

June 4, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. let's be real

Such a shame all these things are happening to her. I hope they get that lift fixed... and as for the male fan that punched her... wow. Did they arrest that clown?

She is a very good artist, and her music is very soothing. Wishing her well and mishap/accident free.

June 4, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • interesting

"wow. Did they arrest that clown?" No they gave him a medal.

June 4, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

You never know "interesting"... people have gotten off the hook before. I knew nothing of the story so I inquired. No need to be sarcastic.

June 4, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |