June 4th, 2010

'American Idol' winner Lee DeWyze to perform at NBA Finals

Lee DeWyze must love a competition.

The “American Idol” season nine winner is scheduled to perform at his first major sporting event since capturing the competition’s crown when he sings the U.S. national anthem on Sunday prior to Game Two of The Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics at the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, California.

DeWyze’s performance will be televised live on ABC and it will be his first appearance at a marquee sporting event before he is slated to head out on the “American Idol 2010 Summer Tour.”

No word on whether runner-up Crystal “MamaSox” Bowersox will also be in the house. While DeWyze was declared the winner, Bowersox has been just as visible showing up at various appearances with him including a recent performance on the “Today” show.

1. ceai verde, green tea, oolong tea, wulong tea, white tea, black tea

I'm now not positive where you are getting your info, however great topic. I needs to spend some time finding out more or understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was searching for this info for my mission.

April 8, 2012 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. yep

Lee tried to sing the anthem..boring, bland,no soul...at least Monica is singing it for Game 3, a real SANGER...Lee is average and mediocre..

June 7, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. Janice in Gypsum

They both have a great and unique sound. Lee is just prettier than Crystal. I think they will both do well musically. I would just rather look at Lee.

June 6, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mymax

Just watched Lee sing the National Anthem. Did a great job!!!! Oh you naysayers! He's the best!

June 6, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gee

Yes – He did a fabulous job. Stop the negative comments now – show this guy some overdue respect!

Go Lee!! Keep on rockin' the house! You deserved to win AI – have a great career!

June 6, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  5. April

Glad Lee won!!!

June 6, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ned allen

Lee you rule. Leave all the negative. It's not worthy. Ned. Mady Rose, My daughter and I love you.

June 6, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Janine

From the very beginning (auditions) Casey was my favorite. I predicted Lee would win because he is more malleable than the rest. When a person performs the national anthem it is not to show off their voice, but to inspire a sence of pride in the audience about being an american. For some reason I cringe when I try to imagine Lee singing it. UGG! I have a feeling both Crystal and Casey are relieved they placed 2 and 3 while some days, Lee wishes he did...Why? the constant pressure would get to anyone, but especially to an insecure, shy guy with as much star power as a 4th of july sparkler.

June 6, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. hannah1

All you whiners need to shut up now. Lee won because we LIKE listening to him. Are we still doing the A.I. bickering here? He will ROCK! Can't wait to hear him do the Anthem (even though we hate sports, we'll tune in to hear Lee)

June 6, 2010 at 7:38 am | Report abuse |
  9. cg

Well all you people with the negativity should shut your mouths. I didn't see or hear any of you out their trying out and making the finals or maybe that is why you are so negative..

June 6, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. pat

The first night i heard Lee sing,along with all the other 12 i knew he would be the winner.He has a great voice and will make it far in the music industry.Chrystal was good but i would listen to Lee's music before i would hers.I do think without being so negative that she does need a makeover with her hair.It makes her hair look dirty and like dried dog turds to me.(SORRY BUT TRUE).Casey was an ok singer but was easy on the eyes to me.I also think Katie Stevens was a GREAT singer and i think she will do well also.But i do think Lee derserved to win and its sad how a lot of people disrespect others with their poor choice words.The ones doing so probably really can;t carry a tune at ALL..

June 6, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Gee

You hit the nail on the head – what stinking disrespect is being shown to Lee. Incredible to me.

Stop the hatred and disrespect already. You remember what your mom told you, right? If you can't say anything nice, then it is best to not say anything at all. Go Lee! Have a fabulous career!

June 6, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Debb

Whats up people, haters.I am a Casey fan but he didn't win,Lee was the next best.So get over it,we could have got stuck with Crystal.GO CASEY JAMES.

June 5, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Anne Tentindo

Lee, you are already a Superstar, I voted for you 10 times the last week and tried to get through to vote for at least another 10 times. My son is a singer and guitar player and sings at clubs and functions I think you remind me of him, he and you are both awsome. Good luck Sunday evening singing at the game and we will be watching you. I wish you the best in the future you sure deserve it Simon was right about you.

June 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jean Johnson

Good Luck to Lee on Sunday, we will all be listening and loving your voice. You are on the threshold of a GREAT future and I, for one, will be there to hear all of your BEAUTIFUL music and watch your success as you give your heart and love to us through your music.
    Grandma Jean, Las Vegas

June 5, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. cathy smithson

Lee is an original and crystal is a janis joplin and tracey chapman wannabe with her fake "blues" and that awful hair and disgusting personal style. At least Lee has taken a bath and brushed his teeth in the last month.

June 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. CYNICAL GIRL

REMEMBER– WHEN DAVID COOK WON–WE SAW EQUAL AMTS OF DAVID ARCHULETA ON TV SHOWS AFTERWARD. NOW HE'S DOING OKAY ON HIS OWN AND ARCHULETA IS ALSO A SUPERSTAR.
    IT'S CALLED 'MARKETING'. NO WORRIES, LEE!

June 5, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  16. Chonda

Lee won.. HE CAN ROCK. What more is there to say. Crystal who? Go Lee, Go!

June 5, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  17. Eva

I'm not crazy about Lee. But remember- America voted for him. I hope Crystal will be there to Blow our Sox off!!!

June 5, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. mon

There many types of voices, many types of rendition of a song - Lee will do his own. Of course Lee's voice is not Fantasia-ish but it is a great voice, has its own unique tone and deepness. Not all voices belts!!!!!!! But they are still great voices . . . LEE WILL DO FINE. Those that criticize him are just sore losers.

June 5, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. Lorraine

I am super excited for Lee to have this opportunity – and for America to witness his stellar voice. I can hardly wait to see and hear him LIVE. What an opportunity. Lee has the heart and soul to do a terrific job tonight! He earned it. Good for him.

June 5, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  20. scott

lee can't carry a tune to the next room if he tried. Idol sucked this year (except for mamasox – she's the real deal! – can't wait for your album mama!). i agree that crystal should be with lee whereever he performs – he needs that support.

June 5, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
    • mf

I heard Crystal Bowersox's rendition of the anthem, and it was gorgeous. If LA lost in game 2, I think fans would blame off-key Lee.

June 5, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Jean Johnson

Lee DeWyze needs NO support: He is an ARTIST in his own right and deserves to be the American Idol. He will go far in the music industry!!!!

June 5, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Rude ......is this the mentality of Crystal fans???? I think she herself has showed more class than her fans

June 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  21. gitel

Just listen to Slumberland and you'll hear what a great singer/song writer Lee DeWyze is!

June 5, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • music fan

There is a big difference between a studio performance and a live performance.

June 5, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Gee

Yes, that is right – about studio performances vs. live – and I cannot think of one singer who is perfect in a live performance. If that were the case there would be no need for studios!! Crystal sings ok, but she gets screechy when she tries to sing big. A studio will help her.

Go Lee! You rock the house!! A raw, natural, raspy-voiced singer with great musical arrangement smarts. Keep making it your own, Lee – you are fabulous.

June 6, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  22. marie

Wow! That's a train wreck ready to happen.
    He'll have to do as he did on Idol and "make it his own" since he'll never be able to hit the notes in that song.....for sure.
    I have no doubt that if they'd had a night on Idol where the contestants had to sing a song in key to the notes in the actual song, "make it his own" could never have done it. Passion, feeling and changing things up are great! But sing in tune. Crimmany!

June 5, 2010 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  23. paxton

crystal you are super from paxton

June 5, 2010 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  24. Ruatsanga

Lee you don't deserve to win. Crystal Deserves it.. Lee you Suckkkkk

June 5, 2010 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Jean Johnson

Lee DeWyze won AMERICAN IDOL and rightly so as he was the most deserving and has the BEST all around voice and entertainment qualities. Lee WILL become a GIANT star!!!!

June 5, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Absolutely rude and uncalled for-guess we must consider the source huh??????

June 5, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  25. barton

Crystal and her long time boyfriend broke up...maybe she will become Lee's girlfriend. She did say that she loves him!!! Maybe that is why her long time boyfriend broke up...Wow!! I could start my very own gossip column..What this all comes down to is MAYBE that is why Crystal is always there.

June 5, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  26. sandy

Ohhhh Goddd !!!!! Need Crystal.. need CRRYYYSSSTTAALLL .. need some music !!!

June 5, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Jean Johnson

"Lighten Up" Lee DeWyze will give us HIS music and it will be BEAUTIFUL. This man has an unique voice that will soar to great levels in the music world and we will listen as we WILL LOVE his sound. It will be music like you have NEVER heard before.

June 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. goningyourway101

Lee, I love you, it will be a beautiful at the NBA final. love you....love you

June 4, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  28. CRYSTAL FAN

PLee, did you ever stop to think that maybe Lee has been asking her to go with him to these events. If you watched the show at all it was obvious that they were great friends and enjoyed each other's company. Maybe right now he is comfortable having her with him. Don't forget he was very shy and unsure of himself most of the season. I think it is called moral support.

June 4, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. PLee

He will be great! It seems to be the guys that trash him all the time. I personally hope Crystal is NOT there so he can enjoy his time in the limelight for however long it might last.

June 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

Agreed time to shine on his own. I think this pairing has been forced on him and he needs to fly solo

June 5, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  30. marie

He will be okay. only needs to give it more passion

June 4, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jeff

Oh yeah!!!!! So now I know for sure that the music at the NBA finals is gonna be terrible.

June 4, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jean Johnson

"Negativeness is NOT becoming" I hope he shows all people like you what singing is all about!

June 5, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

I agree Jean. The negativity he is getting is very disheartening and rude. I think he is a great singer and I too hope he blows them away with the National Anthem-go Lee

June 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doive

But...but...he's a fat, talentless little dork with the vocal range of a bullfrog...

Got to have been tactical voting going on. Make the most of it mate, you'll be back to clearing tables in 6 months, while Casey goes on to be the Rockstar you'll never be.

Crystal? Meh. Heard better singing at Karaoke.

June 5, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Margie

Lee didn't win, Crystal lost.

Probably due to her freakiness and the fact she's apparently not taken a bath in months.

June 5, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Sad that someone with no intellect nor dignity can rain on someones parade. Bad Karma! I think that Lee and crystal both have talent. Some people are so unhappy that they can never say anything good for another person. Good Luck Lee. You deserved to win AI.

June 6, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |