June 2nd, 2010

Taylor Swift to hang with fans for 13 hours

No one can say Taylor Swift doesn’t love her fans.

The pop-country star is out to prove just how much by hosting “Taylor Swift’s 13-Hour Meet & Greet” during this year’s CMA Music Festival.

From 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on June 13, Swift will meet with her fans at an event which will be free and open to the public.

“My favorite thing about CMA Music Fest has always been getting to spend time with the fans, so this year I wanted to figure out a way to meet as many of them as possible,” Taylor said. “Thirteen is my lucky number, and the 13th is during Music Fest, so I think spending 13 hours that day with my fans is going to be amazing!”

There will be different fan activities throughout the day and Swift will give her only performance at the festival during her meet and greet.

Additional event details will be posted on her official website the week of the event. The CMA Music Festival will be held in Nashville, Tennessee.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • Taylor Swift

1. loveroger

taylor she is beautiful,I love you,byeeeeeeeee

July 9, 2010 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jen

EVERYONE has a right to his or her own opinion but honestly if you want to talk trash about a singer who is doing this out of the kindness of his or her heart for their fans (such as Taylor Swift) then I think honestly you should post your NEGATIVE comments someplace else!! My 5 year old daughter is a HUGE fan of hers and I along with many other people I know LOVE her music and it is REALLY nice to see that she is takin the time to put together this event for her fans to attend and show their love and support!! Quite honestly can ANYBODY tell me of another singer that has done this for their fans? Taylor Swift is a great role model for young children and I am extremely happy that my daughter looks up to her as an idol instead of Miley Cyrus who has seem to turn into COMPLETE TRASH over the years which is sad knowin how many children refer her to Hannah Montana and she should be ABSOLUTELY ASHAMED!!!!

Again, I am not tryin to be mean but I HONESTLY have to say again if you have ANY negative comments I think you should post them somewhere else!!!!

June 11, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jjdecor

Does she have that many fans? The girl has a lousy voice, she may be a good writer but her voice sucks.

June 3, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ted

apparently a lot of kanye's fans must be the ones posting about how she cannot sing since they would have no idea what singing really is.
    I love her music and like others have said, if ou don't like her, don't listen.
    I don't listen to the hip hop and rap garbage because they suck IMO so I don't make a point to go to discussions about the "atists" and put them down. Try that.

June 3, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. Frankie

Good for us fans of Taylor.. will she can achieve this event? we will just hope for the her best....!!!!

June 3, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. George Lopez

Dont hate her because she is young, beautiful, rich and can sing. Just because your a single working mother without any time for yourself at a dead end job spending your new life on Facebook with no real human interaction. Remember you did it to yourself.

June 3, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Momof3

Since I am an American, I can choose the music I want. I pick which songs and performers to listen to. No one has taken me to a concert against my will or glued headphones on my ears!

I hope you enjoy EVERY minute of YOUR music...and I won't criticize or belittle you, the performer or the song. I especially won't insult you or a musician when doing something positive. How about a little more American harmony and a little less cacophony?

June 3, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  8. Ken

Yeah and the 4 year old probably have more class than you...Geez people have no creativity these days....make up a better joke next time.

June 2, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Max

Taylor may not have perfect pipes but as a singer she pulls it off everytime. She doesn't sit around the studio and auto-tune her album so it appears she is capable of something she is not. Her music is real and true to herself and that is something sorely lacking from the music industry entirely. As a former music producer I can tell you she is better off being honest in her music and on record and in performance than if she tried to sing spotlessly without personality.

There are many singers out there and Taylor occupies a space all her own.

June 2, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sir bangsherlots

I'm excited to go to this, I've always wanted to ask Taylor if she was a virgin and now I will.

June 2, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. turtles

I am older and yes I do like Taylor Swift's music. Her lyrics speak to me. Even at an older age, I still want romeo to come and save me. Ahh, what girl doens't. I think it is amazing that she has such a big heart for others. I have a backgound in music and know when someone is off key. Her television performances in the past have been sum what bad but her last two performances at the ACM's and Brooks and Dunn were amazing. I have seen her in concert twice and I have to say her performances blew me away. She was better during the second concert. I beleive she may have received voice training since the Grammy's. She has a good voice and I do like her. Don't judge me.

June 2, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  12. debra

She is a very nice person and I like her songs...she isn't hurting anyone, isn't pole dancing, isn't beating her boyfriend and is not getting drunk and making a butt of herself on TV.... if you don't like her don't LISTEN....

June 2, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mark

Taylor Swift seems to be a terrific young lady with her feet firmly planted, unlike so many young stars today. I hope her fans will respect her during the time they spend with her.

June 2, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. get a job

you all should get lifes instead of worrying about Swift, give me a break, get a job

June 2, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Hilarious.....an obsessed fan telling others to get a job. What's the matter, no hours at the McDonalds today?

June 3, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. Christine

Wow...looks like many of you obviously had parents who never taught you that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Or here's one that might be more applicable..." Keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than opening your mouth and removing all doubt!"

June 2, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. LAS

sorry guys... I liked her stuff and then I saw her live and WOW is she bad. I was so disapointed. I am sure every little girl wants to be her and she is a great role model that still does not mean she can sing.

June 2, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Kaci

I have a very hard time believing that she can magically sing in concert when any other live performance that you ever see of her is HORRIBLE. I would be amazed if I ever heard her since in key and it not be a pitch mess... without it being a pre-recorded, doctored track... (which a few so called live performances I have seen of her recently- like since the Grammy's when she was critisized so badly- have been).

And please, she may be spending 13 hours signing autographs but if it weren't all for publicity then it wouldn't be in the news a week before CMA Fest! Many of you may not know or remember but in the mid-90's Garth Brooks made an unannounced appearance at Fan Fair (what CMA Fest used to be) and meet with fans for 25 hours straight! So please... 13 with a weeks worth of publicity... whatever... Taylor still sucks!

June 2, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

As for your last comment, men everywhere can only hope.....

June 2, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • debra

She doesn't have to do it at all....and she is a good role model...so leave her alone....

June 2, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

@debra....you really need to seek professional help. Your taking this stuff way too personally.

June 3, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  18. John

Very cool, Taylor.
    Ignore the critics and follow your heart.

June 2, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jennifer

To the people who have seen her in concert and said she can sing. Please inform me of what drugs you were consuming. She opened for Keith Urban last year and people were walking out of her set. Of course the 14 years girls who still believe in Romeo and Juliet loved it. She really is a horrible singer. She uses her guitar and piano as props. To the one that said her 15 minutes are about up. God, I hope you're right. She makes me cringe.

June 2, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kanye West

I'm sorry about what I did at the VMA's Taylor....naw, actually I'm not.

June 2, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tstar

Only an idiot would want to impersonate Kanye West. Taylor Swift has loads of class and talent unlike Kanye who is totally without either.

For those of you who berate Ms Swift, her talent and awesome career, exactly what do YOU do for a living? Do any of you even have a job or just still living with your parents? Grow up!

June 3, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. Leslie

My 13 year old daughter saw Taylor in Columbia SC about a month ago. During a guitar solo, my daughter and her friend ran down the stairs from their nose-bleed seats to rush to the restroom and bumped INTO Taylor as she was climbing up the steps to make a surprise appearance in the audience. Taylor Swift not only turned around to make sure that she didn’t hurt my daughter, she smiled at her and waved at her before she got swallowed up in the crowd. You can’t hide class. Thank you Taylor for making my daughter’s night that night and I don’t think she’ll ever wash that shirt again. You are a wonderful role model and our entire family loves your music.

June 2, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  22. AJW

I know Taylor is not old enough to remember why they banned open free seating at concerts. People get crushed. Someone needs to remind her staff. Good Luck.

June 2, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Memphis Rad

If I was forced to spend 13 seconds with her I'd have to kill myself. I hope she enjoyed the 14, and will make the most out of the last minute.

June 2, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Tammy

dunc has pictures of me for Tyler

June 2, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  25. koom

Go see her in concert.She never misses a note and can sing a ton.It is more like watching a broadway show.You know this young woman should be exalted not citicized.She is a great role model, has had success based upon her talents,and has handled her life and career admirably.Would you not want this for your kid?I think more than her music and performance she is to be recognized as a kind and honorable human being.Oh and I am a 59 year old father and educator who wishes more artists possessed that qualities this lady personifies

June 2, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mo not Les

Taylor Swift is a wonderful, sweet, lovely young woman, who I am THRILLED my 13 year old daughter looks up to.
    Goodbye Miley. Your parents should take a lesson from Taylor's mom.

June 2, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Common Sense

WTH brown nosing is for the likes of Congress or Chairman Oba Mao & the pork they give each other to pass insane & harmful laws. Doing meet & greets when an entertainer is hardly brown nosing its good business. Brown nosing is like CNN and all other news agencies speaking so highly of Chairman Oba Mao either though he's proved time & time again what a fraud, con artist, corrupt criminal he really is & not to mention liar. Brown nosing is bring an apple to school for a teacher hoping to get out of a test or because you forgot to do your homework. WHat's happened to our education for so many to be so blind.

June 2, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

Why don't you post your bs political rants somewhere else? You must be very angry about everything. I feel sorry for you.

June 3, 2010 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Tstar

To some of you all I have to say is "Jealous much?" For someone who by some accounts here can't sing or is off key or whatever, she certainly seems to have quite an amazing career before her. I love her to death especially after watching her bio on TV. Quite a gutsy and talented lady!

To Common Sense, all I can say is you are an example of what is wrong with this country. This is a blog about Taylor Swift. Why must we hear your droning on and on about President Obama etc.? You guys really turn people off except people of like kind that is, but the majority of us are bored to death with all the drivel! Get a life and forcus on something different so you can enrich your life and have better interaction with others.

June 3, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. Taylor Fan

My eleven year old daughter and I just attended her concert in Houston. She was fabulous, very gracious and spent about 30-45 minutes in the crowd performing and hugging the fans . It was refreshing to see someone at her age show the appreciation to her fans that she did that night. I think the "13 Hour Meet and Greet" is typical Taylor and I applaud her for it! Well done Ms. Swift!

June 2, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. dani

not a taylor fan in the least, but i do think its awesome that she wants to hang w/ her fans. cant say that about many artists these days.

June 2, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. fredgar32

Perhaps one of her fans can teach her to sing on pitch? Man, her intonation is awful!!

June 2, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  31. garfe34

What the hell would they talk about?

June 2, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Me

CMT Festival is not free....$30 a day

June 2, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • rilley

They meant the singers to not get paid to perform, ie The singers are there performing for FREE, they are giving their time and talent...and all the $30 entry fee and other monies collected go to the community and area schools..

June 3, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  33. Odalice Feliz

She is so sweet to take her time to talk to fans!!!!!! kanye west is an idiot for insulting her!!!! I mean how many awards did beyonce win!!!????

June 2, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. gomerp

All I need is 13 SECONDS!

June 2, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Gina Taylor

CMA fest is a GIVE BACK....she will not get paid for this....

June 2, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mjinmd

Well, since she can't sing a note in tune, free is a good thing for her.

June 2, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mary

I would love to take my 6 year old granddaughter to this. She loves Taylor Swift and can almost sing the whole song "He Belongs with Me". I think that is the name of the song. She loves Tayor.

June 2, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!!!

I think you should save her the agony and not take her.

June 2, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Bushpig

Wow, what a face............I'd like to have 13 hours with this hottie.

June 2, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  38. ForASong

Good for her. Here's hoping it goes well.

June 2, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  39. CATom

What time will Borat be there with a handmade quilt?

June 2, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Andrew

I wonder at which hour she'll start to regret this decision.

June 2, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ginny

I bet it won't be when she is reminded of how much she is getting paid.

June 2, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  41. DDM

I have a 4 year old that would love to sing with you!

June 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jules

Your 4 year old probably sings better then her.

June 2, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |