June 1st, 2010

Ready to rumble on 'The Bachelorette'

On last night's "Bachelorette," Chris Harrison begins the show by telling the 17 remaining men that there will be three dates this week - one group and two individual. The first individual date goes to Frank, who's just happy not to be living in his parents' house at the moment.

Frank and Ali jump into a classic aqua convertible, and pledge to have a party.  This apparently involves having the car break down on the highway.  Since it appears neither are auto club members, they hop into another vehicle and head to Hollywood.

The two walk down to the first "L" of the Hollywood sign, where Frank expresses his love of screenwriting, and how his knowledge of French is essentially limited to asking to use the bathroom. (Swoon.) When all is said and done, he gets a rose.

Back at the manor, dental sales rep Craig M. seems to want to pick a fight with anyone who has a pulse.  His main target is Jonathan the weatherman, who frequently reminds us that Craig M. is "dangerous" and not the right fit for Ali.

Jonathan, Craig M. and 10 others head to the beach for Ali's "big surprise" - a photo shoot for a charity calendar.  Jonathan is stressed about it all - particularly having to wear a really small bathing suit.  Steve tries to make him feel better by complimenting him on his bottom.  Alas, we did not go to commercial after that.

After the group date, Ty gets the rose, in part because he brought out a guitar and strummed a tune for Ali.  (After this show ends, Ty and Hunter really need to go out on tour.)

Jesse gets the second solo date, and he's taking a private jet with Ali to Las Vegas.  Ali says she's "pulling out all the stops" for this date, so I'm expecting both to get comps at the buffet.  Instead, a red, modern convertible that doesn't conk out awaits them at the airport.  Jesse proudly declares "Vegas, here we come," even though they're already there.

After spending quality time at the pool with Jesse's shoulder tattoo, the two head to a suite for dinner, where Jesse gets a rose.  The two then head to "one of the hottest clubs" in Vegas, where they're the only attendees at a Jamie Cullum concert.

Back at the manor, the men state the obvious about eliminations and Ali discovers she has a lot in common with Chris the landscaper, such as saying "wicked" a lot. Ali gets one-on-one time with Craig M., who appears to stammer and stutter every time he talks with her.  Jonathan accuses Craig M. of not taking blame for his mistakes, while Craig M. blasts Jonathan for attacking him while talking to Ali.

In the end, Ali said farewell to Craig M., along with Tyler from Vermont and Chris H. from Canada. Craig M. said Ali made a huge mistake choosing "the weatherman and the wrestler (Justin)" over him, but he still had hope that he'd find the perfect woman on the plane ride home.

Next week, we'll move on to the Barenaked Ladies, Justin vs. the world, and what appears to be some strange editing.

What did you think of this week's episode of "The Bachelorette"?

1. Lynn

She is by far the worst bachelorette to date. Very little intelligent conversations, laughs for than any real conversations and I think she is drunk most of the time

June 9, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Seattle1982

Justin is the cutest most honest guy there...I want him! :)
    Everyone else isnt worth it..theyre too highschool/ dramatic for her!

June 8, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cath

Did you all notice Justin had an injured LEFT foot, and then as he approaches Ali at her house from walking to see her, his injured foot changes to his RIGHT foot!?!?!? The show is just a big scam, with set up events for ratings.....I'll still watch it though! hahaha

June 7, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nashville

This is the first time I've ever watched a show like this. It is addicting to say the least. I must say I hated Craig M and thought allowing him to be a bully and ridicule someone on TV for ratings or whatever was terrible. No wonder kids today have
    I feel like I'm watching a live E Harmony commericial or dating saga. I hate that some people have spoiled the ending for me by posting the results but my favorite may make it to the end. It is entertaining and I hope Ali gets her dream man.
    And yes Craig M is definitely Tori Spelling's hubby Dean's lookalike or brother from another mother!

June 7, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. ItalianLady5

I love this show but I think Ali got screwed- her guys are not that HOT exept Roberto...and Craig M is the biggest Idiot I have ever seen on TV! What a mean person he is, he should have never been allowed on this show because he has a UGLY Personality and that is hard to watch. Thank God he is gone...one for Ali...Now I can watch cuz he made me sick just looking at him-UGLY, MEAN MAN!!!

June 7, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Suz

I think Craig M looked like a blonde McDreamy – let's call him McMeanie.

June 4, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lori

Of course it is scripted – the final two are Roberto and Chris L from Cape Cod – if you want the real dirt go visit realitysteve.com – he knows all and has been 100% right for past 4 seasons

June 4, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lori

I'll bet Craig M was an actor paid to be on there! No one could be that stupid!! or could they??

June 4, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ashley Madison

Craig M was an idiot!! He couldn't even have a normal conversation with Ali, he had a chance to defend himself, and he couldn't even communicate that to her. It seems like the only thing he could do was ridicule other guys. Good riddins to him!!
    And Jonathon is a good guy, but seems rather awkward in his talking to Ali, and he seems uncomfortable with the other guys as well-probably because Craig M was ridiculing him!

June 2, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. odalice feliz

I love the 'The Bachelorette' yeah!!!!

June 2, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nancy

I agree that Jonathan should have spent the time getting to know Ali instead of talking about that nut (Craig M). It was OK to warn her, but then he should have dropped it. I think he'll be the next to go!

June 2, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MRose

This blog is very blase' in tone and the writer is just glossing over the details...seems to be written by someone who not only doesn't appreciate this show and has no interest or investment in the players. Yeah, I know. It's a fluffy reality show populated by folks we only get one-dimensional views of within the framework of the production itself and presented at the whims of the producers. But if you don't enjoy the show or get some enjoyment from it, why write a blog at all? CNN needs to select someone who gives a hoot about this specific show and this specific set of players.

June 2, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Texas Mom

Not quite sure how I feel about the season yet. I am glad that Craig M is gone though he was so immature and childish. I think that they do need to be there for her. Did anyone else feel that Jonathon just kept talking about Craig and never really talked to her about her?

June 2, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sency

this seasn of the show is off to a pretty boring start if you ask me

June 2, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. suzzi

Craig M was frightening. I'm not a big fan of Jonathan's but I am glad he told Ali about his behavior and that she had enough brains to listen to him. It reminded me of when Ali tried to warn that idiot Jake about that horrible Vienna!

June 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  16. red

why didn't you post my comments? It would be nice to know what rule was broken.

June 1, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  17. pat

the show sucks !

June 1, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. BEEGEE

Where in the heck did they find Craig M? He is one breakdown away from the funny farm! What an idiot. I can just about picture him as a bully as a kid. You notice he didn't pick at the guys his size or bigger, he picked at the guy who was small in stature. I think he's sealed the deal for ever finding a woman unless she is totally unaware of TV. I'm really glad he's off of the show. One thing bothers me though, why didn't some of the other guys who were visibly not on the side of Craig let him get buy with that stuff. Why didn't they tell him how uncool he was being and what a total jerk he was. I guess they "didn't want to get involved".

June 1, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Angela

Ali is so annoying. All she does is giggle and cheer. She is also way to affectionate with these guys that she barely knows. She is going to end up with herpes.

June 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Craig M

Wow! This guy has mega anger issues. Definitely needs some therapy!

June 1, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Shawn

I wish her voice was not so "oh my gawd – like" We love to watch the show, but her voice is killing me.

June 1, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CNNComment1

Hey Terrible, this coming from someone who actually clicked on the link to get to the blog and read all these messages. Looks like you're related to Craig M.

June 1, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Terrible

This show is terrible. Whoever watches this stuff seriously needs to get a life! Get some exercise or read a book instead. You are wasting your life!

June 1, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Polly

Yet you're reading the story, you know what's going on and then commented on it? Who's the loser?

June 2, 2010 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
    • GarbageinGarbageout

People who post comments on subjects they have no interest in, other than to poke sticks at the folks who do, are the ones who need to get a life.

June 2, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. Nancy

What a creep Craig M. is. I can't believe he got on the show. P.S. I actually think he looks like Christopher Walken.

June 1, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. CNNComment1

News Flash BTW – about a week ago, here in Toronto, they showed on the news that Justin (the wrester, rated "Idiot") has a girlfriend here in Toronto. She was fine with him going on the show to improve his wrestling career and she was going to stay quiet. UNTIL, she found out, he was cheating on her, so she told the news that she was his real girlfriend and that he was only doing this for his publicity, to get even for the cheat. They showed a clip last week of "what's to come" and part of the scene was Ali freaking out that someone lied, etc.... This is why. 100% no joke, this is accurrate.

The guy with the funny voice. OMG, i was dying, i would put my hand over my mouth and immitate him. :) My wife was dying. Enjoy the news.

June 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Texas Mom

You know you shouldn't make fun of people and the way they talk or look. It is not something he can help. Maybe he can't hear good. You don't know so maybe you shouldn't make fun.

June 2, 2010 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
    • MRose

This young man's speach has the tone of someone whose hearing is compromised. It may not be, but that was our household reaction to how his voice sounds. Either way, he comes across as a nice person and should not be made fun of because of it.

June 2, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

You and your wife shouldn't laugh at a dude who clearly has a hearing issue.

June 4, 2010 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. CNNComment1

DOES ANYONE ELSE THINK THAT CRAIG M LOOKS LIKE WOLVERINE?? WITH HIS HAIR?? LOL

June 1, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  27. superfanKPH

Ally is so _meh_. I'm glad they didn't run the show till 11pm last night. I have to get to bed before 10pm but I love the show sooooo much.

June 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  28. LL

I don't know that Jonathon is a 'loser', but I think he's gay. Craig M is dangerous. I think she'll end up with Roberto. There's a man...

June 1, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. inNY

Ali looks like she's a nose picker sort of girl.

June 1, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  30. lmartini

Craig M looks exactly like Dean M. Tori Spelling's husband. I think they are both from the same part of Canada too!

June 1, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • coatdan

haha! I thought the same thing the first time I saw him! Maybe the M is for McDermont?

June 1, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  31. BelievesItisScripted

I said I would not watch it this season, but it is like a bad train wreck, Ya gotta look. Once again this is sooo scripted. I agree Chris M is an actor and a bad one at that. He could not even make eye contact, which is a basic subconscious action of a liar. The Weatherman is wimpy, like Jake. And what is up with the guy that never moves his mouthI vote for Roberto. Ali needs to do more than giggle.
    But I think we have not seen the last of Chris M, his script will have him return and create a scripted problem, which will include the weatherman trying to save Ali. And of course there will be the one she cares for, will end up having a girlfriend at home.
    I think a new script writer is needed.

June 1, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  32. Karen

I am glad that Craig M is gone. He was always a trouble maker. Just think how he would treat Ali after a while. He is the kind that thinks he is it and everyone else is garbage.

June 1, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  33. Sandra

j-golf

You know, I think you could be right about Craig M being an actor. I had already thought he looked like a soap opera actor!

June 1, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Majdi

I think both Graig M and the weatherman are actors! Maybe more of them are too. I think Frank is gay! or still a vergin at 24! I like the show except now that Graig M is gone and they're all picking on the wrestler I am not sure I like to watch the show anymore...we'll see:)

June 1, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

I agree about Craig M, he is either an actor paid to be on the show but my gut told me he's just a player and a player never knows how to get past the first night and first impression. That's all guys like that know. Also someone should remind him we aren't in the early 90's anymore and get a real haircut.

June 1, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • diem

Know someone who works with him here in Canada. He IS for real and that IS his personality.

June 1, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dean

Craig M. looks like Tori Spelling's husband.

June 1, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Sandra

June 1, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  35. Dana Coates

Did anyone else catch the editing mistake last night? Before Ali handed out the final rose & were going to commercial they showed a shot of Jonathan & Craig M with the two guys behind them. All had roses in their lapels except for Craig M. BEFORE Ali gave Jonathan the final rose. So not too much of a surprise who received the last rose!

June 1, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • CNNComment1

Yes Dana, i noticed it too. It was a mistake, but glad to see HE got it instead of Wolverine (Craig M.). doesn't he look like him exactly??

June 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  36. j-golf

while i enjoy the bachelor brand – an escape from anything that resembles real life – i don't enjoy the audience manipulation factor – i think Craig M was an actor – paid to annoy us once again with contrived and really bad acting. thank goodness Ali got rid of him – not sure i could take another week of it. now maybe the show can begin.

June 1, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • kperry

I agree! I can't describe the level of discomfort I felt when he was on the screen. Honestly, if I were one of the bachelors, I'd have packed up and left.

June 1, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  37. Billbo

Jonathan is a looser. Craig M was the only funny one on the show, but the weatherman screwed up his chances. It's hard to defend yourself when someone is talking behind your back.

June 1, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Grown Up

Sorry, but Craig M's only defense is that he is a total moron and should not be held accountable for his disgusting actions. If you notice he is the only one laughing at his jokes!!

June 1, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lori

billbo, your an idiot. Craig M was a huge jerk, and didn't know how to even communicate with Ali when she was talking to him. Jonathon did come across as a little wimpy-but he had better character than that idiot did!

June 4, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • lalaland

it's loser, not looser. just had to point that out.

June 4, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  38. irvineslim

Did anyone notice the editing faux paux during the rose ceremony........there was a frame showing the "weatherman" with a rose before he was actually given one. I thought I was seeing things but reviewed it 3 times.

June 1, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Dana

I caught it! I backed it up a couple of times too!

June 1, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

I caught that too and did the exact same thing. I actually thought I missed the weatherman getting the rose.

June 1, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bella

Everyone of you needs to get a life! Seriously! It is all a big scam full of actors and paid off participants... Go out in the real world and amuse yourselves....

June 1, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • bella

She is so fake, from day one!
      She is only there ....FOR THE FAME!!....not for real love!
      It is only a show now, nothing is real.....man or woman , they only there for the FAME!
      ANYTHING TO BE ON TV!

June 2, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |

Yes I noticed that too! Also, the scene where Ali and Frank get out of the car and run is in a totally different location than the spot where the car actually stalled. The car stalls next to a road median/tiny wall thingy, and when the get out of the car to run the car is next to grass.
      Those are 2 very noticeable errors. I tried for the longest time to believe that this show is real (b/c Trista and Ryan are still together with kids) but now I am not so sure.

June 4, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |