May 28th, 2010

Is Kanye West staging a comeback?

Yo, Kanye West, we're really happy for you and we’re gonna let you finish but ...

OK, perhaps it is time to let the beleaguered rapper live down his now infamous, spotlight-stealing moment at last year's MTV Video Music Awards.

West, who has been mostly off the scene since interrupting Taylor Swift last year during her acceptance speech at the VMAs, appears to be venturing back to music.

A leaked track claiming to be a new song from West is making the rounds on the Internet and stirring buzz that he may soon return from his self-imposed musical exile. Reports have also surfaced that he has a new album expected to drop in the fall.

TheYBF.com reports that West has teamed up with noted musician/songwriter/producer Dwele for the track, titled “Power.” No word on whether the song is a part of the reported new album to come.

Take a listen to the song here, though be warned it contains some explicit language.

Are you excited about the return of Kanye West or should he just stay away?

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Kanye West • MTV VMAs • Music

1. kim

A-DAY you are obviously not a "good person" (please don't use that term again, expand your vocabulary) by saying all of these negative things. You sound very disgruntled and hostile. They have medication for that. Being that angry over something so little is not healthy. I recommend that you seek help. Thank you all and good day. :)

August 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. kim

Everyone has moments in their life that they are not proud of. Honestly after his mom past he just cracked up. The Bush comment, I completely agree with. The Taylor Swift thing, I couldn't care less. I don't think she sings that well and did not deserve the award and it was entertaining. Who cares. Get over it. I love his music and will support Kanye :)

August 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. richard

kanye,s isn,t the first man black or white to drink and behave poorly at a party . so what is the big deal ?

August 12, 2010 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. West is the best

Lol i like how this article is about Kanye making a come back when the truth is the only reason we haven't seen much oh him lately is by his own choice. People don't seem to get the rap business; the more haters you have the more fans you have and i think we will see Kanye's next album produce sales the shadow all his other records. If you ask me Kanye is THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE

May 31, 2010 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
    • A Day

HEY U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      DO U LIVE IN THE REAL "WORLD"-RAP/CRAP MUSIC?????????????????-DO U KNOW
      WHAT "'MUSIC" IS???????????????????AND THIS JERK????????????????K/WEST???????
      HIM AND HI RAP CRAP????????????VERY SICKING ????????????????
      ONLY PLACE FOR K/WEST-IS--HELL????????????HELL??? DONT U GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 31, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tom

this guy should just go away. I dont like taylor haters dissing taylor swift so I wont diss him too bad lol. I think hes too much of a jerk to be an artist. anyone can put together some angry words. Also he just furthers the stereo type of black people. I think celebrities should act curtious to others as they are constantly in the public eye and if this guy dosnt have good intentions (beyond being an ego-maniac and trying to prove hes everything) he shouldnt be making music. I just think kanye needs to find something in life besides himself and THEN come back to the music scene. I actually feel kinda bad for him, it seems like he just dosnt understand the world beyond himself. I also heard this song disses SNL for making fun of him ( Hilarious skits by the way lol) which I think is kinda low. Kanye needs to just let the past go. If he wants respect he first needs to give some respect first and dissing SNL isnt a step in the right direction.

May 30, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • A Day

HEY TOM,

DONT U THINK --JERKS?????????????? LIKE K/WEST ?????????????JUST LEAVE THIS EARTH AND
      JUST GO TO HELL?????????????????????HELL?????????????SORRY NO PLACE LEFT ON THIS LAND FOR IDIOT??????????????
      "WORLD IS OVER POPULATED ALREADY"

May 30, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. A Day

JUST GO TO HELL--U DRUGIE???????????????????????
    WANT TO COME BACK FOR--WHAT???????????????????????? IDIOT?????????????????
    LET THE GOOD PEOPLE LIVE ON THIS -EARTH"

May 30, 2010 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mike P., Washington, D.C.

I'm looking forward to Kanye's new album. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

May 30, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dolores from MI

I heard he said once his goal was to be a great as Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson! He will never be the "King" of anything!
    He may have money but, he has no class or respect for others.

May 30, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Robus

First Kanye need to pay off D. Staggs for ripping off the Good Life track selling it, and using to gain. This man
    D. Staggs is a real musician international legend with great songs. How does sample another 's work and then
    use the it to name his company... Cmon Mr. West you need to pay the man for his work he earned and its copyright
    protected and the Universal Music group pushed your album back until September because they no about all this mess.
    Grow up Mr. West be a man stop running from all the dirt you done, soon it all catches up with you...

May 30, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hankulus

Um, why is that SOME white people feel the need to say something disparaging about every single story on the internet involving black people, but at the same time they can't get enough of us in terms of sports and entertainment? People need to understand that we are all ONE race. In case white people have missed this information I will spell it out for you: Civilization started in AFRICA. The surrounding regions are the Mediterranean region and the Middle East and ASIA. Look at the globe in your dining room. The continents were all conjoined at one point meaning that we all came from the same place. The problem is that so many white people are insecure, threatened, or just plain intimidated by people who they lack understanding, and empathy for. Before you try to attack me as a black racist, try to understand that I am not advocating that white or black people are right for acting outrageously as Kanye has done repeatedly. I am simply pointing out that we all need to stop attacking each other. To be blunt:

White people -if you don't like us, be honest. Don't lie to yourself or others by patronizing our businesses, or trying to opinionate, philosophize about a culture that is too rich and multi-layered for you too wrap neatly inside the confines of stereotypes and racist commentary.

Black people-Stop attacking white people. They have every right in the world to think, act , vote, behave in any way they want to. We as a people spend way too much time trying to pin the blame of our failures on someone else. If our culture has problems, or issues, then we need to deal with those issues ourselves. The wagon circle drew to a close around Taylor Swift and her record sales went through the roof purely based on racism. She got attacked by a black individual and her record sales went through the roof. This may not seem right, but at the same time I find it admirable when I look at our own pitiful support for our own artists. We need to find a way to love ourselves and not look for he approval of anyone else. You can see how far that has gotten us in the past.

And while I am at it, please don't think that I am advocating for anything other than everyone learning to be positive instead of negative. If you are white or black and you think that I am advocating for either group you are mistaken. I just thought that we could use a little injection of humanity in these internet blogs.

Kanye, fellow Chicagoan, I support you and I love your genuis. You are amazing and I love your story and I am inspired by your success. Your behavior has not been interpreted properly but the people who are judging you are only able to see you on a superficial basis anyway. Most of the people that actually bought your album and didn't download it, are white. So when you are in front of them entertaining, be prepared for what comes.......

May 29, 2010 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Justine

WOW!! I feel every word u said, and I couldn't agree any more.

You should have ur own freakn' blog!

May 30, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

You pompously try to portray yourself as unbiased but you obviously have a hate-on against white people. You are the worst kind of hypocrite.

May 30, 2010 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob J

I appreciate the majority of your post.

But I disagree with one of your points. Taylor Swift's post-Kanye boost had virtually nothing to do with racism. It had to do with garnering sympathy, because she was victimized. Period. Not because she was victimized by someone black.

Also, it's not as if she was unknown before Kanyegate. Her album sales and concert ticket sales were already beyond huge.

May 31, 2010 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Ni**erhater

Get in a car wreck and die, Kanye!

May 29, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Meg

Why is it 90% of celebs are egomaniacs...they are only humans...some blessed with a voice or ability to act but the majority have minimal talent!!!

May 29, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. hope120

SURE HOPE NOT !!!!!!!!!

May 29, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. John

money mitch there's no point. People can sit behind a monitor and judge all day, they know deep inside they are being hypocrites, Oh well, like I said, Kanye's hate makes him stronger, just sit back and enjoy the genuises music and feel bad for those who can't.

May 29, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. duse

GET YOUR MIND RIGHT AND GROW UP , IT ABOUT TIME NOW COME BACK STRONGER THAN EVER. WHAT HAPPEN IN THE PAST IS A TEACHING MOMENT LEARN FROM THOSE MISTAKE ........

May 29, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jen

LOSER! he might make a come back but it will never be the same. he will have his devoted ignorant fans that will blame it on the booze or drugs like he did. ooohhhh poor kanye missing out on a few million the last few months..oooohhhh poor poor kanye..BARF!

May 29, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • money mitch

Im a big kanye west fan and am far from ignorant; sure he has made some mistakes, but if you listen to the song last call he speaks on his arrogance and I know that he is now an established artist and the huge ego thing is played out, but im sure jen you got drunk in college and hooked up with some people and are not proud of this so please do not act like such a high moral authority.

May 29, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. John

Your hate fuels this man too be the one of the greatest artists of the new generation. Rolling Stone has already named his album the album of the decade as he brought in an entire new era of music. He is a BRILLIANT artist, and the furthest thing from a racist, so many of his closest friends are white, but you guy's don't care, you just love too hate him. It's easy eh? Too sit behind a computer desk and talk smack about a celebrity while being a hipocryte at the same time? Kanye is an amazing man, but makes mistakes like all humans, were just not watched by millions. "your hate fuels me", keep hating guys, you're only making him stronger. His new track may be his best yet.

May 28, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. mr309

I find it funny how some of you can make the comments that you are making. Like you guys are perfect. We ALL make mistakes. ALL of us.

May 28, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Rob

another Ghetto overpaid thug , cant sing without auto tune , obviously cant act except for the part of a drunk wanna be musician for that he gets an Oscar

May 28, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Longing

Oh please make this rude ghetto criminal go away.......

May 28, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • that dude

Why is it everytime a black artists says something controversial they are labeled a thug? Really I would like to know. Any answers?

May 29, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Missing The Good Ol Days

A come back? Man, he's been needing to come back since "College Drop Out" That's the only time he was here! Come back pfft! lol. Kanye... please man... what happened to talent?

May 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Pancho

Do you like fish sticks?

May 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Rich Von

Two words:
    Gay Fish.

May 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  24. art

I like Kanye....But it seems like he thinks all white people are out to get the black people....

May 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. mdsteil

Yo CNN i'mma let you finnish', but Elvis had the greatest comeback of ALL TIME!!

May 28, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Chairman

Elvis? Really? Let the man rest. Yes, Kanye made quite a jack*** of himself. He should at least have the opportunity to redeem himself (or maybe hang himself further). If Rush Limbaugh is still allowed to spew his shtick ANYWHERE, you certainly can't deny Kanye the same. Both are respected by their fans, both need to be socked in the mouth once in a while.

May 30, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  26. R.O.

Today's music scene needs artists like Kanye. He's not afradi to follow his heart or speak his mind. Like him or not you have to respect his honesty & hard work. Power is one of the best tracks I've heard this year & he'll have the best hip hop album of the year!! The people who hate on Kanye know nothing about him besides what the media shows you. If you knew what he stands for then you wouldn't be so quick to "judge".

May 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Sandy

He can't keep his big mouth shut and he hasn't learned his lesson. He's still mouthing off - most recently about Arizona. Keep him offstage, out of the press and let him rot.

May 28, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Samantha

I think that Kanye, made a total butt of himself, but does that mean that he should never perform again? John Mayer made a butt out himself as well. Should John mayer stop touring, I don't think so. How many bad choices have you made this week?

May 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  29. John

Kanye's not even a bad guy, he stands up for the right things, in the wrong way though. For a rapper though the man is SOO much better than other, he's supports gays, he is against the law in Arizona, he's a good man. It's just that sometimes he thinks with his heart and not his head and does what he wants in that moment.

I love you Yeezyy!! COME BACKK!

May 28, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dan

Guess what Kanye, its' not all about you. I've got two words for you "Go away"

May 28, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Two Words

Kanye West.

May 28, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ralf

From what I have seen, he is very egocentric, he lacks respect for anyone else, and he likes to get attention even at the expense of others. If you can put those things aside and just view his music independently, it's quite possible you'll like it... a lot (many ppl seem to). I wish there was some way that Kanye West would just go away (from tv, radio, public in general) but put his music out there still. It'd be the best of both worlds.

May 28, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. vics0430

I HOPE NOT!!!!!!!

May 28, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. John

This man is a genius!! The king is back baby! Oh my god, this song is BRILLIANT!! I can't wait for this album, this is the Kanye we love. This is like pre-graduation Kanye, meaning the man is back, I have too buy 3 copies of this!! <3 KANYE!!

May 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

Genuis????!! Get real....you must have really looooooooow standards....

May 28, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

not pre-graduation at all. however i agree that he does kill it right here. the man is back...

May 29, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  35. zaffiro

HE is nothing but a racist, cry baby , infantile , self centered has been. Maybe it's time to grow up, Kanye.

May 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

Well said...

May 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeff

..Hater. most you are just jealous lol. This guy is living the"life". More fun in a weekend than most of you pukes in a weekend. Everyone has faults, hopefully he did some self examination over that past several months, NONE of us know what is really going on in his life.

May 29, 2010 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  36. who cares

...or white people.

May 28, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  37. who cares

Maybe he should do a gulf coast benefit show and tell the world that Obama doesn't care about the environment, or gulf coast businesses.

May 28, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Chicago Chick

LOL. Haha. Loves Kanye. Heard his leaked track and will stand in line to buy his CD. And I have done that for no one. I order from Amazon. His comment about Bush–dead on. He nor his daddy have never cared about black people and every diaster response since NewO has been handled quickly. His Taylor Swift quip. Loved him for it. Who was she before Ye said that Beyonce had a better song, cd, and video. That was the truth. Beyonce transcends age and she is worldwide. Swift is little kiddy white teeny bopper music. He's not a racist because you all don't understand what he is saying. I'm a Chicago chick with an ego like yeezy living a good life with many degrees and a large salary. And I agree with most everything he says. I believe that when he says things though he should stand his ground. Be strong and don't let go.

May 29, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. let's be real

I respect him as a musician yet am disappointed in him as a person. It may not be my right to judge him, but he has hurt/offended many people with his actions/words. If he wants respect from others he needs to give it out first.

I will listen to his new songs and see what I think of his comeback. I think both sides of this are equally valid... looking forward to what others think.

May 28, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • MissDiaz

Nicely said...

May 28, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • debra

Until he gets some help for his alcoholism...the only thing Kanye should be doing is going to AA and anger management classes...no great loss if he NEVER comes back...no talent, no manners and no class...but he's a perfect example of a meglomanical racist!!!!

May 28, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • 21st century schizoid

Many people (myself included) can't stand him as a person, but his music is undeniably good and that's enough for me to put aside his arrogance. There are a lot of brilliant musicians who are terrible people, but as long as they're talented and continue to make good music they can keep people interested. Besides, Kanye isn't actually a bad person, he's just extremely arrogant, which is understandably a huge turnoff.

May 28, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • the truth......

Talented though he may be......there is absolutely no excuse for being rude or inconsiderate.....and clearly he is both.

May 31, 2010 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Listen2Reason

Wait...what hurtful words? That whole thing with Taylor Swift? George Bush hates black people? Now if those statements have caused you to hurt I am sorry but what is wrong with you? He apologized to T Swift she got over it and so should you not that you should have been particularly offended. Say your haha gayfish and move on. Kanye is a musical genius stop worrying about his personal life and just buy a record.

June 2, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |