May 26th, 2010

Nicole Scherzinger wins 'DWTS'

Singer Nicole Scherzinger - hailed as the best celebrity dancer ever to appear on “Dancing With the Stars” - finally won the mirror ball trophy last night after 10 weeks of grueling competition that saw her wow the judges and fans after every performance.

Scherzinger and professional partner Derek Hough screamed and hugged when their names were announced at the end of the 2-hour season finale that featured most of the eliminated contestants back on the dance floor.

Olympic skating champ Evan Lysacek and his partner Anna Trebunskaya finished in second place, while ESPN correspondent Erin Andrews and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy placed third.

“This has been the best season of ‘Dancing With the Stars’ ever,’” proclaimed judge Bruno Tonioli.

It was also one of the most talked about, with celebrity contestants that included actress Pamela Anderson, former astronaut Buzz Aldrin and reality TV star Kate Gosselin.

Gosselin, who was described by co-host Tom Bergeron as the “most, most talked about,” quickly became the star fans loved to hate, especially after they got a glimpse of her awkward dancing, which was widely panned by the judges. (Her exit prompted more than 700 comments on this blog.)

But perhaps in a sign of just how much attention she brought to the show, Gosselin received her own segment last night, complete with rehearsal footage of her routine for the finale and an interview with the co-hosts.

But all eyes were on Scherzinger. For her final, “knock out” dance of the competition, Scherzinger performed an electric jive, channeling Tina Turner and overshadowing Lysacek’s quickstep.

“You set this place on fire,” said judge Carrie Ann Inaba and everyone was in full agreement. (Some fans, however, have questioned whether Scherzinger's experience as a performer gave her an unfair edge over the other contestants.)

Earlier, all three finalists performed sizzling Argentine tangos, with Scherzinger once again ranked first by the judges. It was after this round that Andrews and Chmerkovskiy (who have sparked rumors of a romance) were eliminated from the show.

She teared up and playfully urged Chmerkovskiy to do the same.

"Cry, Maks, cry!" Andrews exclaimed.  (He didn't, but he looked pretty emotional.)

Both regained their composure for a final cha-cha. Whatever their relationship, they looked like two people who very much cared about each other.

Meanwhile, Lysacek was gracious about his second place finish.

"It's been such a blast," he said. "We're so proud of Nicole and Derek."

And so, this season of "DWTS" is over. The next one begins on September 20.

(Check out a gallery of some of the show's most memorable moments.)

What did you think of the results?

1. online gambling

certainly like your web-site however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the truth then again I'll surely come back again.

April 21, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nikkia

This season was a bag of crap. How can you have professionally trained dancers, dancing against people with no dancing experience. I vote for the most improved dancer..it should be about coming in with 2 left feet and waltzing your way to the end.

May 27, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. keva

If I'm not mistaken DWTS approached her to dance on the show. They know the background on all of these people. Also, why can't people just be happy for her and her dance partner? They were both incredible and they deserved to win, obviously. Finally, stop talking about people and being so negative; your insecurity is showing.

May 27, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

Our insecurity is not showing. The show is supposed to be about people with no sance experience learning to dance. So what right did she have being on the show. Evan was robbed.

May 27, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Danielle

To Jamie,

Evan was not robbed Evan had just as much experience with dance as Nicole did, in fact, ice DANCING is more fluid and graceful like ballroom dancing than hip hop is.

May 27, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Toni

I agree. Contestants can have dance experience, just not ballroom experience. The producers know the backgrounds of everyone on the show. If the point was to have people with NO dance experience, then neither Nicole, Evan, or Erin would have been allowed to be on the show (Ironic that these were our top 3). Yes, I said Erin. She's not shy about her dance background.

May 28, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lauratj

This was a great season–the final 3 were so good. I happen to love Niecy,although she did not stand a chance to win & Kate Gosselin could not dance her way out of a paper bag-love the show. Look forward to next season. Brooke Burke did a great job too & Tom is fantastic–very funny.

May 27, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. dizzle

she is so annoying, and not even that hot. her partner was such a d-bag, he literally made my skin crawl when i watched. all high fives and thumbs up.

May 27, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sherry

Evan was robbed.....he was by far the most improved on the show.....Nicole was the winner from week one...the judges comments swayed the voting public i'm sure. I really don't care how good of a dancer she is...she is obnoxious and full of herself. I only watched to see Niecy Nash and Chad Ochocinco!

May 27, 2010 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jangocat

This show used to be interesting but it's become a joke. This isn't the first professional dancer they have given the trophy too. It wasn't fair to make amateurs compete against professional Olympic level gymnasts with years of dance training either.

May 27, 2010 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  8. Andrew [PWBlog]

So a pro dancer wont a dancing show? Awesome. Maybe next on American Idol they'll use someone from "Glee".

May 27, 2010 at 3:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Lou P

As for me I think the show is rigged, and I have had it up to my eyeballs with all reality TV. Dancing was about the only one I watch anyway, but now I won't again. It just made me sick the way Bruno and those judges almost had foam coming out of their mouths over Pamela Anderson, and Nicole. I think now I will give the Bachelorette one more week or so, I may stop watching that also. All these shows are rigged, even though the public does cast an occassional vote. I find it alarming that we are an overweight society, who cannot think, or read or go out and do anything for ourselves anymore. but we will sit and watch things that have the plots allready laid out for us so that we don't have to think . My how sad.

May 27, 2010 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mack

Several of the past winners have had as much dance experience as Nicole. This is nothing new. But then some years the person with the most dance experience gets beat out by a fan favorite.

May 27, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. Peggy Smith

Did Dancing with the Stars ever say that their show was supposed to be for contestants who are totally untrained? I don't recall ever hearing that. The show isn't called "Most Improved Dancer" - it's just called Dancing with the Stars. I've heard no mention of any rules stating that the contestants can't have prior dance experience, so why does everyone always harp on that? Nicole deserved was the best dancer, regardless of prior dance experience or training. She was the best dancer and won - end of story.

May 27, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dawn

Sorry but she should never have been on this show...4 years at a performing arts high school and 4 years at University completing a dance minor...she learned much more than hip hop in those 8 years. She has more years of dance training than some of the professionals. For those who say she is not trained in ballroom...she prob. did do some ballroom but if you have ever watched "So You Think You Can Dance" if you are a trained dancer then learning new styles is often very easy. Note the first picture in this article, it is very telling: Everyone has his/her back to her and is not interested in what is going on with her..kind of makes you wonder what the other dancers and pros thought of her.

I think they need to have two separate seasons...one for stars with NO dance training and one with stars that have dance training. Lets compare apples to apples and oranges with oranges. Also I believe that the pairing of the teams should be a live blind draw...all the pros pick "star" names out of a hat live on TV to pick their partners. (the could do this on the morning sow when they announce who the stars are.) It seems a little odd that the same 3 pros (Derek, Mark and Julianne) often seem to get people with dance experience.

May 27, 2010 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Deedee

How is it that Julianne had dancing partners that were more experienced? The only 2 partners that she won with was Apolo Ono and Helio...they have no dancing experience? Apolo is a speed skater and Helio is a race car driver...how does that qualify for experience? Julianne was just a great dancer and choreographer...she hasn't won since those 2 contestants. So, she doesn't always end up w/ the most experienced "stars".

May 27, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Debbie L

Julianne was also paired with Adam Carolla! Not exactly a dancer!

May 27, 2010 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jensen

Lame show. Annoying judges. And it seems like this show is just a dating hook-up for the dancers. So You Think You Can Dance is far superior to DWTS and I'm looking forward to their upcoming season.

May 26, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sereion

It seems that people are harping on the fact that someone with an dance background actually won; how soon do we forget that Mya, who was also a trained dancer, lost to–of all people Donny Osmond.

May 26, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawn

Donny had the over 50 ladies voting for him and that is why he won...they were all reliving the teen fantisies about him.

May 27, 2010 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. lady

bullsh**..this was my first year watching the show and the last...the judges were very bias....and nicole was annoying as hell;.

May 26, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  16. wicked

nicole is probably the most complete, perfect, beautiful woman i have ever seen.

May 26, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Texas Lady

I no longer watch DWTS, I do not think it is fair that an experienced dancer was in the group. The judges picked her from night one and I knew she would win so I did not watch. There is no quessing to the show anymore.

May 26, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. alicia

I think it would be fun to see them put pairs of celeberties together and have a professional team teach them. I think it would put a whole new dynamic into the show.

May 26, 2010 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Shawn

Ballroom dancing and hip hop dancing are 2 completely different disciplines. If you are not trained to dance with a partner, which is what ballroom dancing is, hip hop dance training doesn't necessarily make it any easier to learn. In fact, it may make it a little harder as the moves are on the opposite ends of the spectrum. Congrats, Nicole! You did your thing and you deserved to win!

May 26, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Maigen

NOOOOOO!!!!! She was not as good as Evan!!!! And, she was so annoying!

May 26, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Chuck D

Wow a dancer won DWTS who would have thought?
    ZZZZZZ

May 26, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Finally

Maybe some clarity on what this show is REALLY about might soothe those of us who are really frustrated right now.

May 26, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  23. dancing with dancers

Every year DWTS puts some sort of "dancer" on the show, last season it was Maya. And every season I get upset about it.Why? Because it isn't fair for those that have no dance experience. As a dancer/singer/actor let me tell everyone it IS unfair. Nicole isn't just a hip/hop dancer she is an all around dancer, ballet, jazz, native hawaiian, hip hop. Love her as a dancer and performer but if you aren't going to have every celebrity on the show with the same experience, it simply isn't fair. And believe me there are a lot of celebrities with dance backgrounds. And if everyone has a dance background then the judging can truly be about the ballroom technique. The celebrities with no background in dance have a hard enough time just picking up the steps, let alone the technique. I just want the show to be balanced. Either some dance background or no dance background. But I also have to say that each and every Celebrity on the show chose to be, so.....

May 26, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Who cares

In all reality i wish Nicole could come back because she is great to watch dance in more ways than one!

May 26, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. sgoodsell

No doubt about it, Nicole was head and shoulders above everyone else on the show (heck, she could have been one of the proffessionals). It was just unfortunate that someone like Erin who really did awesome, had to be judged against someone with an dancing/entertaining background. If the show is about the dancing, then make it for proffessionals only. If it's about the "stars" keep those without the dancing background out of it. Erin, Pamela and Ocho Cinco made for more compelling stories than Nicole, and better TV.

May 26, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Natasha

Honestly the top three had dancing experience. Erin took ballet when she was younger. Evan is a skater so he has dance training and Nicole is a performer. They all have done some variation of dance but im sure not all of them have trained the samba, mamba, waltz etc. Hip hop dancing is a far cry from the dances they were doing. Its all in fun. America voted for her so let her have her win and stop griping.

May 26, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Who cares

You all are haters! Do not be jealous that Nicole is beautiful and can move her hips!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  28. sgoodsell

Maybe Nicole can go on American Idol next season

May 26, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  29. DLG

"She then reprised her Paso Doble to Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” and went on to dance to “I Will Survive” capped off with a bizarre finish that ended up with her being lifted up above the audience in what looked like a cherry picker. Everyone looked confused, including Gosselin."

Above quote from article.....I have been looking everywhere on-line for the explanation – I thought she was supposed to FLY down from the "cherry picker". In fact, I thought I saw a promo showing her flying a-la Peter Pan. The host Tom even laughed and commented "Wonder how she's going to get down now?" so apparently she was supposed to do something that she either decided not to do or maybe there was an equipment malfunction?

Just wondering why I seem to be the only person asking – what happened to the flying piece? Not that it would have saved any of her dancing...I imagine I would dance like her if given the chance so I sympathize more than criticize:)

May 26, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Who cares

Yes Nicole dances but she is a hip hop dancer. It is a total differnt style of dance on dancing with the stars. Haven't any of you watched so you think you can dance. Just because you can dance one style of dance does not mean you can dance other styles. If you watch So you Think you can Dance you have seen this many times. Do not take away from her victory just because she can dance hip hop. She had to put just as much work into it. Also Evan is an ice skater and that is basically dancing on ice. So don't hate on Nicole!

May 26, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • pghpriss

Unless I am mistaken, I heard that Nicole was a dance major in college.

May 26, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suzanne

she was and is sickening, it was nauseating watching her lip sing to everything and then over dramatized meltdowns and please I'm not jealous, she lost a fan in me...............

May 26, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  31. louis palacios

NO WAY!!!!! she is a performer and has a great amount of dance experience behind her. I knew she was going to win when the cast of DWTS was announced. All I know is that she is freaking gorgeous.

May 26, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Rich W

There are many opinions about Nicole and Derek winning the contest and many included theories about unfare advantage. Well, I do agree that she has experience and that gave her an edge but anyone that has watched the show will have to admit that she pushed herself to the limit of her abilities and endurance in order to win. Interviews with people that know her showed people that described her as keenly focused and 100% determined once she sets her mind at something. Derek had similar comments said about him so they were a good match. What viewers were allowed to see was how a whole can exceed the sum of its parts. They are a team that truly proves that focus and determination are key components of winning–some skill and training does not hurt either. Whining about unfare advantage is too typical these days and in this country most of all.

May 26, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sjjtx

Nicole and Derek were fun to watch, but what drove me crazy was Evan outdancing Anna. Derek is a very talented dancer and choreographer, so Nicole was lucky. Anna was not up to par to help Even compete, and sadly, I think she knew it. Good news for Evan was he increased his fan base with this show which never hurts.

May 26, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  34. marie - bug

I thought the show was good as ever, I must say I was in favor of Anna & Evan. They were just so sincere the entire season, took the judges comments with grace and improved each week. I feel that I saw so much chemistry develop between them each week, it was a pleasure . It was a good season but I do agree on the "professional entertainers" having an advandage. I just truly loved Anna & Evan, thanks for being what I call "professional" in many other ways.

May 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  35. JennH

I don't see why everyone is complaining about Nicole! Last season Mya was on the show, and no one had a problem with her being a professional R&B singer/dancer! She actually owner her own dance studio. The thing is that there are different types of dance. Just because you are good at hip hop does not mean you will be good at ballroom!

SN: I must say I was said to see Ocho Cinco go, he was easy on the eyes...lol! But anyway he was actually pretty good!

May 26, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  36. UTROT

Come on people - this is 'reality TV". Just like American Idol, these contest have nothing to do with talent or no talent. It's purely a popularity contest.

May 26, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Besame

This is like Yamaguchi and Shawn Johnson winning – people that shouldn't be on the show anyway because they already have professional dance experience.

As part of their profession, they all perform specifically choreographed routines with dance elements. You can say 'oh, they are not professional dancers' but there is dance incorporated in their respective sports (sports they trained for year round for the Olympics no less) – i.e. a complex gymnastics floor exercise includes tons of choreography with dance moves and Yamaguchi isn't simply skating in a circle, she has fluid, choreographed movements in her routines. Nicole shakes her thang in videos – fully choreographed dance videos – as well as fully choreographed dance routines on stage. So, of course these folks won. Dance is tied 100% in their sports, careers, etc.

May 26, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Michelle

Again at JJDECOR...go to Wikipedia and look up Nicole's name and DANCER is part of her RESUME!!!!! SHE DIDN'T BELONG ON THE SHOW!!!!PERIOD....DWTS IS FAKE

May 26, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fiinally

I couldn't agree more. I was very disappointed that she won because it should have gone to someone who wasn't a professional dancer (or took dancing before they went on the show), and became a pretty decent dancer. If they want to have people on who love to dance but who have never danced professionally (in any way), that WOULD be worth watching.

May 26, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • jan

DWTS was so boring. They knew the day it started who would win. Nicole starting dancing when she was a little girl. She never should have been on the show.

May 26, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  39. EJ

Nicole may not be a professional dancer, but she took years of dance classes, which should disqualify her from even being on the show. No big surprise she won – she was a good dancer, but hardly an amateur.

May 26, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. trish

how is that fair? Buzz Aldrin should have been judged on a curve. He's like 120 years old and this person is a professional dancer. Show stinks!

May 26, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Comment

If those of you who don't want people with dance backgrounds to be on the show, then you'll also have to include ice skaters because really they're dancers on ice. aside from all the tricks that they do, musicality is part of their training. when kristi yamaguchi was on the show, it was pretty apparent from teh beginning that she was going to win, but i don't recall this much backlash against her. same with evan. no one complains about him being on the show even though he's just as musically/rhythmically inclined as nicole. i think one of the reasons the show puts people with some dance ability on is so that the show won't be filled completely with people who don't know how to dance. would you really want to watch a show full of people the dance capabilities of kate gosselin?

May 26, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • EJ

Ice skaters are not dancers – ice skating is comprised of spins and jumps – hardly anything about it qualifies as dancing. Most of what they do is wave their arms around. On the other hand, Ice Dancing (an Olympic sport) would qualify as dancing. They have to learn all of the same moves that dancers do and actually dance with each other, with no jumps and no spinning around.

May 26, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

EJ, are you seriously saying you didn't recognize some skating moves in what Evan did? I saw him do some jumps that immedeatly made me thing 'I bet he got that move from skating'.

May 26, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  42. jjdecor

This WAS the best season once they got rid of no talent Kate and Fake Jake! This show is ABOUT DANCING, I watch to see GOOD dancing and yes Nicole was obviously from the get-go the most talented and deserved to win. If Erin or Even had won that would have been ok as they were very good but Nicole was better. They have had lots of entertainers on the show that does not make them professional dancers, Nicole is not a professional dancer and she had to learn just like the others she just obviously has more of a natural abiltiy than many.

May 26, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Shaaron

Nicole and Derek should have won!!! And did!!! In the Past, there have been some incorrect winners....LIKE DONNY OSMOND,,,,Come on...he was not that great as a dancer (showmanship ok) but the only reason he won was because he was "Donny Osmond". It was a Great Season. I am looking forward to the next one, if you don't like it,,,,DON'T WATCH!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Ballz

She looks like she likes holding that thing with the big knob on it

May 26, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Melissa

First off Nicole is not a professional dancer and second the type of dancing that she does is ballroom. She still had to learn the dances just as everyone else did

May 26, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  46. MARCY ball

nicole & derek were the best ,doesn't matter that she danced before ,,so what,they worked very hard.& deserved to win,derek is absolutely adorable.,so glad they won......

May 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Renee

I will not be watching next season either. I thought it was stars dancing NOT stage performers who dance and sing for a living.. To bad Evan didnt win, no one else stood a chance ftom day one. What a waste of a season...and a show.

May 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

You don't think Evan had an advantage over Nicey because he was a skater and was used to performing to music? Evan is a 'stage performer', too. He just performes on ice.

May 26, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  48. ma_bel

Congratulations to all the participants. They tried their best. It's is difficult to compete with a dancer and ice skater. They are deciplined athletes. We all knew that Nicole would win from show 1. If DWTS wants to keep it's viewers they need to choose their participants more wisely. The finale was a bit much too. I am an avid watcher. Had I known that I was going to see the enitre season again I whould have waited for last night. Also the judging needs to be altered. How can you judge 10 dancers dance 10 different styles. The judges might be ok with it be we are voting too and we are comparing apple to oranges. Each week should be dance themed. A night of Jive, Fox Trot, etc. How can you judge a high energy dance to a Waltz?

May 26, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JEWELL

WHY WAS KATE THE ONLY ONE INTERVIEWED SOLO????

May 26, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Sherrye Sanders

Congratulations Derek & Nicole - I have voted for you guys since the beginning and I'm glad for once in a long time that the best dancers won. Nicole's experience as a hip hop artist gave her no advantage. Ballroom dancing is not hip hop. She had no more advantage than any of the Olympic skaters who have been on the show. Glad another Olympian did not win. If she had an advantage, then the Olypians have that same advantage. Nicole and Derek don't let the critics rain on your victory. Good luck in your future endeavors.

YOU GUYS ROCK!

May 26, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Linda

Shame – I think this was fixed again – every website I have seen there are really very few who say they voted for Nicole and Derek- how did they win – because the judges picked them at the very beginning – any why not – she is a very accomplished dancer – but not an amateur – SHAME – SHAME – DWTS – I thought this had taken place on one of the earlier seasons and am sure now that it is fixed – also Derek is such a smart aleck – the group of us at work who watch faitfully all agree – so WHO VOTED for them – I am afraid that I, and several others, think this was rigged...I have so enjoyed the show and am going to miss it................

May 26, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I voted for them. The phone lines were quite busy, too, so it seems many others were voting for them. There are millions of people watching the show...not just the few people you are talking to.

May 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sofie

I for one voted for them and rightly so. Nicole was amazing. Had she not won, it would have been a travesty. Why wasn't everyone upset last year when Donny Osmond won? He's been in show business since he was a child with a singing and dancing background.

May 26, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Jen

Nicole on DWTS made no sense. Might has well been Janet Jackson or another professional dancer.

DO THE PRODUCERS THINK VIEWERS ARE STUPID?

May 26, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  53. beccamore

I have a great idea! Next season I think they should have John Travolta, Kevin Bacon, Paula Abdul, and Janet Jackson compete. If they want people with dance experience, that should make a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Christina

Listen, I have been watching this show since it started 10 seasons ago, I have to say I was very disappointed with this season, Nicole was a given winner since the first dance, she is an experienced dancer with much background, Nicole should not have been on the show at all this season- it was not fair to the others that were dancing with little or no experience. I was routing for Erin and Maks I think they should have been in the final two with Evan & Anna. Although Nicle and Derek were good, she has experience and they should NOT have won. Kate Gosselin I have to say I was routing for her in the beginning but after thoses dances that I was hurting to watch I have to say stay off the dance floor Kate.. Please!!

Come on DWTS, next season maybe get us average joe's on the show and see what we can provide and forget the celebs all together.... NO more experienced dancers DWTS, not fair!!

May 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Shirleygr

Nicole & Derek were wonderful but I LOVED Erin & Maks.

May 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Roe

I agree with Lynn B.....next time around, the Producers and ABC should do a thorough check on the background of each contestant......And, the judges should have kept their personal opinions to themselves, instead of speaking out the way they did to Nicole being the winner....can you imagine how Evan and Ana must have felt. I said it before and I will say it again, " viewers should only be allowed "1" vote!

May 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christina

I agree with Roe too! If I were the other contestants there listening to the judges always favoring Derek and Nicole and saying they were winners- I would feel horrible and not want to go on with the dancing... I really think this season was not a fair one, there were other dancers that should have continued and won, like Erin or Pam Anderson

May 26, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Rob

I think it was a given that she would win, first because she has more dancing experience than but also because the judges have a soft spot for Derek always seeming to pair him up with the most talented "star". I remember when he was with lil'kim and was getting 29's and 30's while other dancers who were putting on better numbers were getting 26's and 27's. I want to see what he would have done if he had been paired with someone like Nicey or even, gag, kate gosselin

May 26, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Lisa

I love the show - I watch every year and I love it every year. Nicole was the best dancer by far and yes, she should have won!! I am so very proud of her & Derek both! I could sit for hours and watch Derek dance - he is so talented!! The people that don't like him are just jealous! The whole season was great and the right couple won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  59. NunyaBiz

I wasn't happy to see Nicole win. I wanted to see Evan win. He had a lot to overcome to adapt to ballroom dancing. Heck, it took him half a season before he finally started pointing his toe!!

There have been others in the past who had dance backgrounds but had a lot of up & down nights...Joey Fatone, Lance Bass. Then there there have been other ringers....Sabrina Bryan comes to mind.

No matter what our gripes are, the season is over, thank goodness! Hopefully Kate Gosselin doesn't make anymore return trips to the ballroom!!!

May 26, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  60. kittybling

Exactly, they should leave out athletes with dance skillz and singers who has dance skillz. The average joe with 2 left feet and kicks major ass should win!!

May 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Bunifa

Why yall so mad? Stop haten and get up off the couch, change outta the moomoo and flip flops and dance!

May 26, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Paula

Congratulations!! Nicole. However, she had a lot of dancing experience (even though it wasn't ballroom) so that put her to an advantage. I don't think it was fair to the other contestants.

May 26, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jay

Nicole has no talent, I hope everyone who watched this season knows they wasted their time, anyone who's anyone knows who was going to win from day one.

May 26, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Hilde

I think this session was in the bag for Nicole since the first show.
    the others didn't have a chancw this year. Won't be watching next year.

May 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • ma_bel

You are correct. If I was one of the other contestants and afterseeing Nicole dance for the first time. I would have quite right then and there. I'm sure the professionals feel the same. They are taking a lot of time to teach NON dancers how to move, only to know that they will not be even a glimmmer of that Mirror Ball. My heart goes out to the pro dancers also.

May 26, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Barnkat

Congrats to everyone who participated on the show. It takes a lot of guts to stand out there and do it with no re-takes. As for Nicole and Derek, they worked as hard as anyone else to make it to the top. Can't take that away from them. They deserve the trophy. I tuned in every week to see what they were going to do. But I'll say again, congrats to all who did the dance!

May 26, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Victor

Next year let's have every good singer/dancer who wants to compete, maybe then it will be interesting.

May 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Victor

This season was terrible. Everyone knew Nicole would win.

May 26, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Head Diva In Charge

I really love Nicole, but it would have been nice for someone with less of a performance background. But hey – thank God Erin didn't win!

May 26, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Diana M. Galarza

Nicole and Derek – Good, Better, Great, Greater, – I had my fingers crossed for you two. I think I yelled louder than you. Congrats.

May 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  70. ec

I like Evan but I was rooting for Nicole and perhaps people who keep whining about Nicole's win just take a leaf out of Evan's book and be gracious.

May 26, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

I agree with ec. Evan is the classiest contestant who has ever been on the show. He never had any of the drama in those rehearsal packages, and as the judges said, he took their criticism gracefully. I watch the show for the entertainment, not to see who will win the contest. I think that it is interesting to see celebrities with all different backgrounds and levels of skill trying to learn to dance. Nicole may have had more dance experience than most of the other contestants, but she still had to put in a lot of hard work learning dance styles that were unfamiliar to her.

May 26, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  71. steven

i'm glad nicole won..she was the BEST DANCER...PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Lola

Wow, she won I had the feeling but do not think it is fair to the other contestants who had no dancing experience at all. Really don't think if was fair at all.

May 26, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Comment

People need to understand that just because you have dance experience, doesn't mean you'll be good at every kind of dance. Yes you may have better natural rhythm than others with no experience, but if you've seen So You Think You Can Dance, people who are amazing in tehir own styles can completely falter in others. So yes, Nicole is great at hip hop/pop dancing/choreography, but ballroom is a whole different thing.

May 26, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

For everyone saying that the stars shouldn't have any 'professional dance' experierence, what about stars like Buzz Aldridge? Or Cloris Leachman? Were they on the show because they really had a possibility of wining? I agree with the person who said that just because Nicole had experience with hip/hop that doesn't mean she could do ballroom. Any athlete has an advantage of strenght; the skaters probably have more musicallity and rythym than others; etc. I think Nicole deserved to win! She was great as a ballroom dancer. And, if you noticed, for her freestyle, she stuck with ballroom...she didn't go with hip/hop, which is what she has her 'professional experience' in.

May 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  74. darlene d

I enjoyed this season's DWTS but it was a given that Nicole would win. Glad the season is over and will look forward to the next one.

May 26, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  75. wendy cox

A professional skater is but a dancer on ice. They are athletes. Some have chosen a career where the training shines through. It was a good season.

May 26, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  76. Ben

What a refreshing entertainment show ! So nice to see something positive on tv. We all can learn to better ourselves after watching these people dance. It should renew all of us to get out there and try for our dreams. Look forward to September, and congratulations to Nicole and Derek !

May 26, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  77. Lynn B

I propose that any celebrity whom has ever been paid to dance, ANY STYLE, be ineligible for DWTS. What do you think?

May 26, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • let's be real

Honestly, this wasn't the first season they have done this. If your idea ever went through they should also invalidate all the other seasons with such participants. That would only be fair.

May 26, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • malaika

I totally agree with you-they have an unfair advantage.

May 26, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • BlondieKnox

Lynn B, I agree with you that anyone who has been paid to dance, making them a "professional" shouldn't be allowed on DWTS. I think only amateurs should be allowed to perform. It's like, this season it was assumed that Nicole and Derek would come in first or second, and that's not fair for the others who work just as hard or harder than the professionals. Also, Evan is a professional skater, and that's not fair either. I voted Erin and Maks all the way. I wish they would have won, especially since Maks hasn't won first place before. I wonder who they'll have in Sept. for another round. God Bless, everyone.

May 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  78. TrumanBlue

Nicole should not have won. In fact, she shouldn't have been on the show to begin with.

May 26, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  79. Dave

I agree. I like Nicole and thougth she was outstanding but she is a professional pop star with dance skills. Also, I don't think she was the best dancer ever on the show or even the others. What about Gilles Marini? He was awesome and had no dancing experience but was awesome, there was not mention of him.

May 26, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  80. juliana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tqpQ0SRJ0 adorable little boy! WATCH IT FOR YOURSELF! =) ITS SOO CUTE LOL

May 26, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  81. juliana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tqpQ0SRJ0 if you take just 2mins to watch this video i can garentee that anyone who watches this video will FALL IN LOVE with the little boy in this video! watch it for yourself and see what im talking about!!

May 26, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  82. Ericka Renae

Part of the joy is watching people gradually progress over the weeks and blossom into a dancer. There should not be professional dancers on the show. Too bad for Niecey, Jake and Ocho Cinco. They were actually progressing.

May 26, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  83. Kat

I agree with Ellie Grace – this season was not as enjoyable as the past seasons. It took all the fun out of it knowing that a performer with professional dancing in her background was going to win. I don't think I will watch next year.

May 26, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • lolamarlo

oh well, a professional dancer won; it should be named Dancing with Professional Dancers, and that would be a show. Kudos to those who put all their efforts to compete, humiliated sometimes but tried.....this will be my last DWTS show.

May 26, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Ronnette

Geez, it's just a show for entertainment! If people didn't want Nicole to win because of her background experience, than more people would've voted for the other teams. I've been watching the show since the 1st season and there have been a few times a couple has won and they shouldn't have. None of these celebrities are ballroom experts so I give a hand to all of them. And remember...Nicole is not the only celebrity that has been on DWTS with dance experience!

May 26, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • rooster

anyone who says nicole wasn't a pro dancer clearly didn't see the segment where her own mother said she has been taking singing, dancing, and performing lessons since she was small.

real surprise and lost me as a follower of the show. i love nicole, but come on, it's like babe ruth entering a softball game and people saying he's a baseball, not softball player and letting him win a home run derby over real amateurs.

look where all the dancers started and where they finished and it's clear Andrews was the clear winner. carrie ann just gushed for nicole cuz they are hawaii buddies.....the fix was in from day one

May 26, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

I agree, Kat, I was really not interested in this show because of her already having dancing experience. I hate it when the contest is not even and fair. I did not watch it recently because I just knew she would win....not fair!

May 26, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Millie

I look forward to this type of entertainment all week long. Want more like it. Enough of the blood, guns, detectives, doctors, and ghosts.

May 26, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • ellie grace

OH PLEASE, a professional dancer won, oh what a surprise, thought this was an amateur show?????? Not excited at all for her.

May 26, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • jjdecor

Ellie, Nicole is not a professional dancer she is a professinal singer big difference. Nicole's dancing was fabulous to watch! Would you rather have seen a bunch of no talent Kate Gossin types? Not me! This show is the dancing.

May 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |