May 26th, 2010

Jesse James: I was trying to self-sabotage

The implosion of Jesse James’ marriage to Sandra Bullock played out in the media for weeks, but everyone could only dance around the essential plot point: Did Jesse James actually cheat? Now, we all have the answer.

When ABC News correspondent Vicki Mabrey asked James during the "Nightline" interview Tuesday if he cheated on Bullock, he only had one thing to say: “Yup.”

So yes, he did cheat, but with how many women? James wouldn't confirm the allegations that he broke his vows with all five women who have described themselves as his mistresses, because to him, the number itself doesn’t really matter. “It could’ve been a million,” he told Mabrey in the interview. “Bad is bad….It’s just that I took a perfect marriage, a perfect wife, a perfect life, a perfect stepmother and threw it away with my actions.”

Although James’ immediate response to the obvious query of "why" he would do such a thing was "I don't know," he said he believes that it was a form of self-sabotage.

“During the midst of all of it, when I was doing it, I knew it was horrible. It made me feel horrible and I knew I would get caught eventually and I think I wanted to get caught,” James said as he tried to explain his thought process to Mabrey. “It was me trying to self-sabotage my life.”

That's because growing up, James said he was a “terrorized kid.”

“My whole childhood, I never had a chance to be a kid. [My dad] beat my [expletive] pretty good a bunch of times. Football star, bike builder, 'Monster Garage' TV star, that was all a smoke screen so people won’t see that I’m a scared, abused kid,” he said. (In an email to ABC, James’ father denied the abuse allegations.)

“It wasn’t so much getting the [expletive] beat out of me or getting my arm broken, it was the in-between time, the fear of that happening again,” James recalled.

The father of three said he did go to rehab for sex addiction and anger management, but mainly to deal with those memories.

“I cried more in rehab in the past 30 days than I have in my life. I don’t think I have a sex addiction where I’m running around trying to have sex with everyone nonstop, I think I do things to sabotage my life,” James said. “Having extramarital affairs, texting, overworking myself, injuring myself doing stunts and stupid things…I think I do a lot of things in my life that I shouldn’t be doing. The affairs are just one of them.”

He told Mabrey that he does have plans to be in baby Louis’ life, but that he doesn't have a chance of convincing Bullock to not go through with the divorce.

“I still have hopes of saving some sort of relationship with Sandy,” he said, but at this point, he said all he wants is forgiveness.

« Previous entry
  1. Michelle

Jesse is a jerk, stole Sandra's moment and keeps on like the energizer bunny. The best thing that ever happened for Sandra is dumping his ass and adopting a beautiful baby boy!

July 1, 2010 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • albertcees

Yeah,yeah, yeah Jesse we got it you poor thing..... Adios, donkey!! LOL

July 6, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. No stone in my hand

wow just wow.. to everyone who posted negative nasty hateful comments.
    Consider your own life for a moment and ask how it would play out in these forums if your dirty secrets and worst actions were dragged out in the open. none of us is 100% clean.
    sometimes i think these forums are just a place for unhappy people to vent.
    go ahead and throw stones but before you do take a look at yourself.

June 30, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. gypsyredheart

Abuse, an overated excuse for those that dwell in the misery rather than overcome the pain and go on with life. Unfaithfulness has nothing to do with abuse, it is a pitiful excuse for a run down guy such as Jesse...

June 7, 2010 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Natasha

I find it hard to believe that everyone is just so judgmental. I think that his interview was so painful, and he is so sorry and so lost. and we all make mistakes – lots of them. The forgivness has to come from Sandra, not us, and I truly believe that because there was so much love in them both for each other, that they can work out some kind of peace together, and he should try for as long as it takes. I wish him the world and hope that it works.

June 3, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. tosha

Sounds like everyone here is perfect, never needed a second chance.
    i would forgive once.

May 27, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. dwhite

I've always loved Jesse, but I'm not sure why. There is a certain honesty to him. I'm not like him nor do I understand him, and I'm not sure I trust him completely. When I heard he and Bullock were an Item I was totally stunned. But after a while it all sort of made sense to me in a strange way. I was very glad for Jesse. I wanted good things for him. Now I'm just sad. Sad for all involved in this. Good luck Jesse. I hope you find your way.

May 27, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lyn Hamilton

Oh puhleeeze – I am so tired of the "I was abused as a child so I am not responsible for anything I do" theme. You are an ADULT. You are responsible for your own actions. GROW UP and quit whining.

May 27, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. sweety pie

It all depends ! It is Sandra's decision if she does not file for divorce. Hillary had understanding and forgiveness for Pres. W.J. Clinton, like I said It all depends....

May 27, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. Deb

Jesse has made the first step by acknowledging his culpability and seeking help to understand why he took the steps he has. The test will be if he can continue on this path and discover his true worth and potential. Of course Sandra will divorce him because he has destroyed her trust. But this can be the beginning of a new improved man. Everyone is capable of horrendous acts but everyone has the ability to change. Good luck Jesse and God bless!!

May 27, 2010 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. peibossman

believe me, it's all a hollywood stunt....it's all scripted....

May 27, 2010 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. DON

HE MIGHT BE TRULY REGRETFUL OF HIS ACTIONS, BUT REMEMBER THIS GUY IS ALSO AN ACTOR AND ONLY GOD KNOWS FOR SURE WHATS IN HIS HEART.

May 27, 2010 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. Barb

Thank you to some of the people who realize that people do make mistakes and should be forgiven. I guess these people who throw stones are perfect. Never made a mistake. I know from personal experience that having a abusive situation can really mess you up. It has taken years of therapy to get over trying to mess up my own life to finally have a wonderful relationship. Jesse has admitted it is his fault, never denied it, or sugar coated it. I think if it had not been made so public Sandra would have forgiven him they would be going through counseling and worked it out. But with all the media talking about this everyday she feels she has to divorce him. I hope they work it out their are kids involved people.

May 27, 2010 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  13. annie

he made a mistake. you can see the hurt in his eyes. EVERYONE messes up. don't judge unless you have been in that position. my husband cheated and i forgave him. it can be done. sandy he still loves you.

May 27, 2010 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  14. Cheryl

I'm so sick of all the judgemental people. Jesse admits he made a mistake so move on with your own life! I personally know he's had a rough life. No excuse but a fact into what happened to him. Lets show some compassion to someone who's hurting instead of throwing stones!

Often people will judge others just to avoid looking at themselves.

May 27, 2010 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. idris saleh

sandy if you are reading this pls and pls in a million forgive him couse god forgives and if you dont then what massage are you passing to your fans out there, all you need do is check why and give a solutionto to help him,

May 27, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
    • M Cohen

This is why women who are abused continue to get abused. The guy needs help- Sandy stay away.
      Idris you are wrong.

May 27, 2010 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
    • M Cohen

Annie you are also wrong.
      The guy is a low life- stay away from him.

May 27, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • canadian in love with sandy

what message is she sending to her fans???? she is showing us that she is better than him by not throwing everything in the media and she is standing up for herself and not being abused by a man who will ultimately bring hurt to sandra. why do you think she should have to put up with humiliation and hurt for him??? that is abusive thinking in its own right!!!!
      I'm glad she stood for her own morals and for what she knows she deserves...respect!!!!!

June 2, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  16. IlyaKralinsky

First off, I think being married to Sandra Bullock has to be its own kind of hell. Secondly, if you can't tell a guy with tattoos up and down his arms is putting up a bluff because he's a frightened little wuss, well ... And who actually gives a sh**, anyway? I couldn't even read the whole article, because this guy is a D-lister married to a B-lister. Next ...

May 27, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  17. DJ

Has ANYone ever explored 'self-sabotage'? It's real and, ultimately, revealing. And not generally 'preplanned'.

May 27, 2010 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  18. DS

I believe him. I don't know if his realizations will change him, but I believe him. My own beloved but hated brother will now get more of my attention. I know a lot of guys know exactly where he's coming from. You all are sad excuses yourself if you don't understand these dynamics. It is no way to heal the world.

May 27, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. Dian

I think this guy is playing the sympathy card. He wants Sandra to feel sorry for him, so he goes on national TV to make his apologies in hopes of getting her back. What BS! He was a jerk and he got caught. Sandra is better off without this creep.

May 27, 2010 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  20. Suzanne

I just love how people ALWAYS blame their childhood for their actions later in life. There are so many people with horrible childhoods, who survived and went on with their life. My childhood was not the best, but I am not blaming my actions today on my past!!! We have to take responsibility for our actions, stop blaming eveyone else. Jesse is just looking for an excuses to make him look better. Grow the _____ up!!!!!

May 27, 2010 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  21. Annette

Wha wha wha. Fact is he wanted an orgasm and he wanted it on his own terms without a care about other people. He wanted the thrill of being "bad". It has absolutely nothing to do with anything deeper than that he is one more selfish and self-involved idiot who believes he is as important and cool as the media attention portrays him and he acted on that because he could. The really ridiculous part is that he will still have moronic women flock to him so all he's out is one decent woman with a lot of money that he never should have gotten in the first place.

May 27, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  22. frank

sounds like he's trying to save face. He did it for the same reason many other people have before him. He's a selfish fool. I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. Quit crying coward, be a man. and besides, Michelle Mcgee looks like something left on the sides of an uncleaned toilet in a bus station in South Carolina. I REALLY like tattooed woman, but she looks like straight trash.

May 27, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  23. tya

who does he think he is fooling?he really needs some help,,,feel sorry for his family,,disgusting display, man up dude!

May 26, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Shecky

WAH! WAH! Cry me a river.
    He's a LOSER and Sandra should be glad to be RID of him.

May 26, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  25. reality hater

Wah ! are you kidding ? your gonna cry about how bad your childhood was , to try and gain public sympathy ? is that the best your PR firm could come up with ? com on man ! if your gonna come on tv and say anything you should look directly in the camera and apologize to Sandra with the same sincere manner that she told the world what a great husband you were to her . What a stupid @#$!^%* you really are !

May 26, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  26. bwp88

I hyave some of the same emotions as Jessee. I could have done the exact same thing. Loved the beatiful, intelligentwoman of a class greater that my own, but well aware that I did not deserve anything like Sandra. The tatooed wild childs he ended up with are rught up my alley. Those are my kind of girls nowYoung skinny, and crazy.

May 26, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Yuki

Jesse collects Nazi memorabilla. I have seen a surfing board in his office with a Hitler portrait painted on it. In addition, when he and his team worked on his Baja trophy truck the logo you see on the truck (eagle) is the Nazi eagle that was removed digitaly from the swastika. Sandra obviously knew about his this, since, she visited his office at that time (while dating).

May 26, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Juanita

He hasn't learned a thing if he is blaming someone or something else. We have no control on what our parents do while we are growing up, but unfortunatly, we are totally responsible for fixing the damage if there was any. He should've started this process a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. He is still trying to get Sandra back! Sandra don't listen!!!!! You just keep on moving forward.

May 26, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  29. SJB

Another sociopath with an upcoming book.

May 26, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jeffmarek

Actually you could sum the whole story up like this: "Wife cheater"

He's lucky he did not get an std and pass it on (perhaps he did??) or even worse aids. Don't people think today, what a looser plain and simple! People – truth is truth, quit making excuses.

May 26, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Jeffmarek

This guy is a looser

May 26, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  32. foil

This guy is getting WAY too much press.

May 26, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Alan W.

Jesse is a textbook example of a pathetic human being, self-sabotoge? Get real...just a cop-out. Jesse is a insult to faithful men everywhere.

May 26, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JeffMarek

Alan you hit the nail right on the head!!! It sounds like a sob story to just get attention away from the truth.

May 26, 2010 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jessie is Gay

Jessie is actually gay and just wanted out of this marriage.

May 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bekind

I applaud him for his honesty – I don't think he is using the abuse as an excuse, just trying to explain what's eating him. There seems to be alot of judgement out here. Perhaps everyone can agree that while some can move on from childhood abuse and process it in a healthy way, others don't so easily. Everything has a price – it comes out in one form or another. Best of luck, Jesse. I hear you-

May 26, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Donald in CA

Jesse, you blew it so go away. You were over your
    head in the class department.

May 26, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Y

Vbb

May 26, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  38. JustCommenting

Jesse is a narcisist. He has a moral system of a 7-year old. He is a 7-year old as he admitted in the interview. He has no empathy for Sandra or anybody else. He just has no empathy, period, that's why he could cheat and lie without blinking and then listen how she said he was the greatest thing in the world and she loved him so much. It was his narcissistic supply and then he could go and do his own things while she was taking his kids to and from school. He cried when he felt sorry for himself, that's the only time when he feels emotions. Sandra will be better off without him, no doubt. He needs years of constant therapy to get where he said he wants to get. No sympathy for narcissists. They are not bad boys. They are bad people. Jesse James in a bad man and he should never marry anybody who does not deserve to be hurt. He should stick to Michele Looser MacGees.

May 26, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lin McKay

If he is being honest it is sad that he threw it all away. Not only did he lose his wife but his newest child and he is depriving his other three children from having Sandra in their life 24/7 or however much she could be there while working but living together. I just don't understand his reasoning but I do believe he is a child of an abusive parent. Of course the father is going to deny it. Who wouldn't? Jesse needs to move forward and show by his actions he is a better person and has learned from his mistakes.

May 26, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Lola

Hate him! Cannot stand him!

May 26, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jeanie

LOSER...LOSER...LOSER..She was always too good for him. A cheating man is a dawg.

May 26, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Liz in Seattle

Anyone who doubts that successful people can sometimes intentionally sabotage their own happiness please look in the dictionary under "Clinton, Bill". It's a behavior very typical of people who gain success when they don't feel inside that they truly deserve it. If I were Sandra I would have done the same thing and cut ties with him. But it is a shame that Jesse couldn't have recognized his worth and his need for help until it was too late.

May 26, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MGB

I understand Mr. James is in pain...what is causing it is what is in question. Mr. James alleges abuse and we must accept that there is a kernel of truth in his claim. His father denies it, but he might have his reasons to do so. Self-sabotage is a lovely term, but if you are self-sabotaging why not just shoot down every successful aspect of your life and not just your marriage. We don't hear of him building crappy bikes, do we? We don't hear of him tanking in the business facet of his wonderful existence. We only hear that he wanted to get caught cheating because he didn't deserve his wife...so...why not change his mind BEFORE the wedding? Why let Ms. Bullock stick her neck out for him when it was time to get custody of his daughter? Nope...he had the wedding and the marriage and then he shot a torpedo right through it to hurt himself...???????????????????

Oh, Mr. James...how about drinking? How about over-eating? How about getting ourselves a little therapy? How about telling your wife "I'm a damaged human being and you mean so much to me that I wan't to see what I can do to be a better person"? Nope...instead we went for the string of women that you reportedly sought out using your celebrity to impress them...

I don't know, Mr. Baa Baa Black Sheep...your crocodile tears don't quite ring true...

My mommy hit me, insulted me, abused me and neglected me...I think I'm going to go rob a bank to try and make it through the rest of my life and this crappy economy we're all living in...

May 26, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Creegirl

Wow! Run to rehab now because you got caught you undeserving pig – it's the latest craze. If you're a victim too your "fan base" may forgive you?! PLEASE! This latest fad of cheaters running to rehab and saying "I have a problem" makes me sick. It's a lame excuse for your pathetic behavior and lack of maturity. Stop trying to make it about you and grow a pair! Take responsibility and admit you are a piece of crap who doesn't derserve a woman like Sandra! Just like the patheic Tiger doesn't deserve his wife. Little boys thinking their gorwn men – so PATHETIC!!!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Kathy

Have a little dignity for a change, and try keeping your mouth shut, Mr. James. You're sure using this as an opportunity to make a lot of hay.

May 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Weezer

My husband was abused terribly as a child. He told me about it early in our marriage, with lots of tears. He has moved on from his childhood. He is an upstanding citizen. Never laid a finger on one of my kids. He learned to put his past in the past, where it belongs. Grow up, Mr James.

May 26, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Been there

Although I've been on the receiving end of this kind of marital betrayal, I found a grain of truth in what Jesse said. He was not using the abuse during his childhood has an excuse for the actual affair, but rather for the self-sabotaging pattern of behavior. My ex also threw away a good marriage to a good woman by taking up an affair he truly did not understand himself. The pattern continued with such 'stupid' behavior as taking up smoking 10 years after quitting and subsequent quadruple bypass. The trick for Sandra and others of us out there affected is to criticize and 'hate,' if you must, the behavior, not the person. Jesse and others make choices that are as self-destructive as they are hurtful to others. Those behaviors will not change unless they learn to deal with the underlying issues. I give Jesse props for perhaps taking the first step to getting that help.

May 26, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • nunya57

Been there I have been there to on both sides. Self sabotage is so so common. It is as common as addiction. We all have issues. I do appreciate jesse's sharing. I am currently separated from my partner in fact it is a year to the day since he went into rehab for alcoholism, after I found out he was hooking up with strangers off of Craigslist. But it was the blessing in disquise because while i cant list all that happened I shared all the dirt to his family and friends. I forwarded emails etc. He had no place to turn. he had no choice. now a year later we are still apart and I have no idea where he is and he wont speak to me. . but it struck me that Jesse aknowledged that it was the constant and extremely public scrutiny that sent him to get help.
      I cant speak for Sandra, and while I dont regret any of my own actions in getting my man to rehab, I am still praying for his healing and his return. i believe love survies all things, and i do mean all.

the worst thing that i see coming out of all of this are those that feel free to pass judgement on this man.

May 26, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
      • jeffmarek

nunya,
        Sorry to say but it sounds like you need help yourself.
        Why would anyone pray for a cheating partner to return is beyond comment to say the least......
        And for it to still control you a year later is something I hope you help with!

May 26, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
        • nunya57

sorry jeff. it is called love and forgiveness. how you can pass judgement on a situation you know nothing about. says so much about your lack of humanity.

May 26, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mleah

He didn't just cheat...have a fling...he had realtionships with thee women. He may have low self esteem, fine, but he took vows to Sandra. No respect!

May 26, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. HANNAH1

Ya' know, people in Hollywood get married and divorced all the time. WHY DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THIS ONE?
    Enough already–we're sick of it!

May 26, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  50. MGB

Nowadays everyone who gets caught in some sort of wrongdoing immediately claims that they were abused as a child...or they were in a an abusive relationship...or their parents were drunk...or they have low self-esteem. What happened to manning up and accepting responsibility for one's actions? Many people out there drag themselves out of bed every morning, deal with painful memories from childhood and go on to lead lives where they don't go around blaming every mistake they make on this or that or the other.

I'm sorry, Mr. James...I wish I could believe your sob story and excuse your behavior, but I can't. I had an abusive mother who belittled me every single moment of my childhood, who rejected me whenever the mood struck her and who frequently used me as her own personal scapegoat, and I've managed to rise above it. Don't give me "I wanted to get caught" or "I did it because my daddy was mean to me"...you did it because you thought you could get away with it, and placing your children (whom you claim to love and care about) in a position where they are getting unwarranted attention from their peers (which I assure you they go through quite a bit every single day seeing their dad behave as he has) is your own way of abusing them.

No, Mr. James...you didn't want to get caught and you come across as someone who pathetically tries to justify his poor judgment and his lascivious behavior by blaming it on someone else. Ms. Bullock is too nice a person to go out there and parade her hurt...she is the victim here, not YOU. Trying to make yourself look like a lost little lamb who cannot help behaving poorly because you're a victim is an insult to victims of abuse...

Now, go away and crawl back into the hole you have dug for yourself...you deserve all that has happened to you and then some.

May 26, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tonya

Klonopin Abuse Dot Com welcomes you to place cnmmeots on the topic of Klonopin and Klonopin Abuse. You may also post cnmmeots on other drug abuse, drug addiction, and drug related topics. We look forward to all of your cnmmeots.

March 17, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  51. Bobby-James

Ah! I don't care about this crybaby loser. What's the latest on Michael Jackson? Still dead?

May 26, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  52. k8edid

Abused child? Even if that's true, come on Jesse! Man up and grow a pair! That goes for all who make vows only to break them. It takes strength of character to remain true. Cheating is weakness, period. This goes for women as well as men: if you can't hold to your vows, face your partner and end the relationship instead of cheating on the side.

May 26, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Libery

Just for the record, there is such a thing as self-sabotaging, it means, you don't think your good enough for happiness. I did it many times in my life and there are a lot of people who do it too.

May 26, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Liberty

I like Jesse and Sandra together! It sucks that she's a public figure and had to be humiliated in front of the whole world, had that not been the situation I think they would have worked it out. You can't recover from some things when the whole world is watching. Just sayin!

May 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Frank James

I grew up with Jesse James too! I am his brother. We used to rob banks together until he was so rudely shot by that Robert Ford guy. Anyway, who would name their kid after a famous outlaw? Seriously though, this guy is totally so undeserving of any fame. Hes really creepy and white trashy. I never liked him.

May 26, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Keep'n It Real

"You won't know me, or understand my blues; until you have walked awhile in my shoes"

The guy made a huge mistake, but none of you know for certain if he's doing this for publicity...if he is making things up or if he actually asked (and received) permission by Sandra to do this interview. Yes...on the surface...it seems weird, but none of you are close enough to the situation to know. You also weren't in therapy with him; which may be part of the reason he is communicating this stuff outward.

May 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Rick Springfield

I grew up with Jesse. He had all the women. That's why I wrote Jesse's girl. With Sandra, I now really want Jesse's girl!!

May 26, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. vertie

James is a Ass HOLE

May 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  59. shirley

Here we go again blaming everything on his child hood,that has nothing to do with him being a cheater he new what he was doing he is just like every other man when he is discover cheating he is a dog. face it J.James you lost a good thing
    and you know it.Sandra is a sweet heart and everyone knows this i am 61 and when all this started i said who and
    the hell is J.James and they said someone that don't be lone with Sandra.She is to good for him he be lone with those
    other women.

May 26, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. 63AndStillStruggling

My "abuse" started at age 8. It was psychological only. Low self esteem, minimal self-confidence, and a tendency towards self-destructive behavior were my sub-conscious motivators until I was in my early 40's, when met that special man. I knew something was very "wrong" with me (didn't know what), and that the "wrong" would ultimately destroy what he & I were building together. I got help before it was too late, and 30+ years later we're still together. I was very, very lucky that my subconscious got in my face – loud and clear – before I again went down that all-too-familiar path. Jesse is asking for forgiveness? He has to forgive himself first.

May 26, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Rigs

Wow that Vicki Mabrey looks real cute in that pic...

James is an idiot theres no excuse for that

May 26, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  62. mike.

yeah yeah yeah blame it on the folks.

May 26, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  63. anobody

Mr. Hand: Mr. James why were you unfaithful? (Mr. Hand Answers for JJ: Gee Mr. Hand I don't know?)

Mr Hand: I don't know, I like that JJ, I am going to leave that on this message board all day so everyone in the world can see it (shakes head in disbelief at JJ's level of stupidity)

AND the bonehead Jesse James is moving to Austin now? What you a stalker now?? GO HOME LOSER!!

May 26, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Lawgoddess

This trashy guy should shut up about what he's done and why. We don't care!!!

If he wants his estranged wife to know how "sorry" he is, he should tell her directly rather than blubbering pubicly about how screwed up he is and has been in the past.

May 26, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Sue

Wow ! Another "my past made me the a-h o l e that I am today" moron.......he was "trying" to sabotage the marriage ? Well, mission accoplished (and how!) !!

May 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Another post

Yes ma'm...just I said earlier and it hasn't made the post yet...no abuse or addiction cry babies wanted here – what a freak of nature.....and that baby voice coming out of such a so called man.... pitiful pitiful pitiful

May 26, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  66. SSS

This reminds me of Pee Wee Herman wrecking on his bike, then jumping up and saying "I meant to do that!"

May 26, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Victor

Oh so because he was "abused" he cheated. That makes no sense whatsoever if you ask me.

May 26, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  68. mark nyc

pig. admit the fact you are and move on.

May 26, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Ruth

I am so sick of "celebrities" that get caught cheating, drinking, doing drugs or whatever, always blaming it on their parents or whoever's convenient. No matter what it's never their fault for what happened. He's just a spoiled jerk figuring a few tears will get him some sympathy and his female fans will love him even more for being "honest". Way to go, scuzzball.

May 26, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  70. COurtney

This is so sad.. if he really cared about his marriege, he wouldnt be on TV, saying sorry, he would be with his wife and by her side...

Men like him will only and always care about themselves... Look at his selfish actions.

May 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Marki

If child abuse is his excuse for fooling around with trashy women, hailing Hitler, and hurting Sandra, maybe someone should make sure he isn't hurting his own children physically and emotionally like his father supposedly did.

May 26, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • jadkins17

Wow, really? Maybe we should also not let dumb people post on the internet. He was the first person in the motorcycle industry to put a black man on the cover of a magazine. You can watch bugs bunny and see much more hitler hailing... it was used as a joke... even Mel Books made a musical about hitler. Where were you then? Think before you post!

May 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

jadkins17 – would you like to defend his cheating too ? Why stop there ? Paint him up as a wonderful, sensisitve (to other women's needs), caring guy.....go on, I'm sure you can do it.

May 26, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  72. jjdecor

Give me a break! I was an abused child too but people have got to stop blaming everything on their poor me childhood! He's 40 or some yrs old grow up James and go back in the sewer where you belong.

May 26, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  73. n.h.l.

My dad knocked me around a bit when I was a kid, he had anger issues, he went to counciling, he cried to me and apologized,and I forgave him. That was it, it was over, and now that he is gone I miss him terribly. We forgive and move on, I don't use it as an excuse to get away with things. It makes me sick that as soon as someone gets caught doing what they shouldn't they immediately blame it on someone else. Get over it like the rest of us have to do! Stop claiming to be a product of your environment and take responsibility for yourself! And don't go on tv trying to get pity, that's just pathetic...he only further hurt and embarrassed Ms. Bullock and his children by doing this interview. I didn't watch it, but I just read the article and couldn't help but share my opinion.

May 26, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • SandyFan

"Your father had anger issues, received counseling, apologized to you. Then you forgave him and moved on." I don't believe those things happened between Jesse and his father, since his father is denying the abuse even happened. He's addressing those issues now on his own, and then maybe he can move on, too.

May 26, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  74. CaymanGirl

Well I feel sorry for Jesse James, I think he loves Sandra very much but some people who go through any type of abuse find it hard to accept that they deserve to be happy and have someone love them and that's why I beleive him when he said he was tyring the sabotage his life and felt guilty about cheating. He did want to get caught just not by the media releasing it...On the other hand this is Sandra's time to enjoy being a mom and maybe one day she will find that special someone because she deserves the very best in life! I hope that they find a way to be together tho!

May 26, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

Sounds like you'd love to be one of his "girls"......."oh he's such a wonderful cheater".......
      My father once slapped me..........so now I can go murder someone, I guess ?

May 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Tony

It seems to me that he did not value the marriage. If he did, he would have cared for and protected it. Sad.

May 26, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Marty1234

I believe him me and most of my friends dads beat us allot.Many are long dead murdered suicide drug over dose ect....the 1960 s werent all love and peace..Although I'd still take a beating over Ritalin.... a third option would be nice...
    ..his dad looks pathetic on the video..gave his son Nazi literature from his Nazi buddy...I bet his dad beat him pretty good too..he seemed a little to insecure on the video..

May 26, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Judith

If you truly understand the pain you have caused someone you say you loved with all your heart, you do not continue the pain by going to t.v. to talk about it. That is self serving in any form. You should have kept your mouth shut, Jesse, and let Sandra heal without your self promoting dialogue keeping your pathetic actions in the media for everyone to continue to discuss. I did not understand why she married you in the first place and wonder even more now that I've heard what you have to say. If you are truly sorry about what you have done – keep away from the media and let Sandra heal!!!

May 26, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Liz

I couldn't have said it better, Judith!!!!

May 26, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • jadkins17

You don't understand why she married him in the first place? That's a very easy answer... women and girls in general ALWAYS want the "bad boy". Throw in good looks and success... who wouldn't want him? Even though most won't admit it. How can you also not understand him wanting to clear his name a little? He is hugely successful and WE ALL have problems. How can you even pretend to know what someone like Jesse has gone through... that seems pretty errogant.

I commend him for trying to take the right steps toward the future. I wish everyone invloved nothing but the best, especially the children. I also still respect him for his work ethic and success. He has millions upon millions of dollars and he earned it with hard work... not too much of that going on in the US these days.

May 26, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • rlk

I agree totally with Judith. I don't care what his "excuse" is. He is a selfish man who thinks only of himself. He should be so ashamed and embarrassed by his actions that we don't hear from him on this subject EVER again. When did it become so fashionable to 1) Cheat on your spouse and 2) Come out as the "other woman" like you are proud? Cheating spouses, get a divorce and as for the other women, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Do you SERIOUSLY think you are "all that" because your broke up a marriage? There is a word for women like that.......(fill in here). :)

May 26, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kimberly

Well spoken....and very well worded...

May 26, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • LauraJT

What's he supposed to do, kill himself? Get a grip, he has a right to deal with his own issues and heal as well as best he can. The man is a human being.

June 7, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Indeed, well put!

July 1, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  78. The Honest Truth

I grew up with Jesse. Let me tell you that he is lying about the abuse. His Father gave him everything a kid could want and NEVER abused him. Anyone who knew Jesse back then will tell you that he has lied about his entire upbringing.
    This interview was : both a way to win back some love from the fans. As well as a chance to payback his dad for the interview he gave.
    Do NOT be fooled by his lies. Nor his (obviously) fake tears.

May 26, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • The Honest Truth...version 2.0

And we're supposed to believe you over Jesse? Some faceless internet pseudonym spewing his own little version of reality? Why do people like you even bother?

May 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenny_Girl

You grew up with him?? Were you there every moment of everyday to witness what goes on in someones house behind closed doors??

May 26, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terri

Nobody knows what goes on in someone else's home...abuse would be an 'explanation', but what Jesse needs to learn is that it is not an excuse. I grew up with a father much like Jesse describes and I had issues of my own because of it , though not of the same nature as Jesses'. Once I became a parent, I knew that I had to take responsibility for my actions and sought counseling. I, too, had no idea how affected I had been by my upbringing. I became the adult and parent I needed to be despite my childhood. Hopefully Jesse can do that for his NEXT wife because this one isn't coming back, nor should she.

May 26, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

I also had a friend that would spin stories of abuse and neglect- just to get attention while we were growing up- Jesse's body language, the stupid smirk on his face, and what he is saying is clearly a true sociopath in action- he continues to blame what he did non everyone else but himself- the only thing he has admitted to is ruining his marriage- way to step up you P*ssy!

May 26, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • michelle

why does that not surprise me, he is a habitual liar!

July 1, 2010 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  79. darlene d

I was not about to waste my sleep watching him lie through the interview! What a jerk!!

May 26, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  80. Bonnie Whitaker

And we care about this jerk, why?

May 26, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Vester

Mr. Jesse James comes up with really funny ones. I self sabotaged myself how can you do that??? It is an
      oxymoron. Why you wanted to get caught Mr. James??? What are you saying... I mean you really got to think
      harder cause you are sounding more idiot then when Sandra might have asked you about the relationship.
      You are a sick man Mr. James and you are mean, disgusting, ungrateful and obviously a man with total lack
      of intelligence.... How can you come up with a remark like " I self sabotaged myself" THis is just hilarious.

May 26, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob

If you don't care, why read the story in the first place?

May 26, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Proper

Vester, it was "self-sabotage my life" not myself, and someone who is criticizing the grammar you sure made a bunch of mistakes. "You really got to think harder cause..." isn't at all correct.

I love glass houses.

May 26, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Marty smith

T

May 26, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • 3rd eye ink

Sandra : Helper and defender of mankind
      Bullock : Bull: Strong animal Lock: Secured

Jesse: God see’s all.
      James: (popular twin name) he who supplants

He got exposed in public display affairs. He is unable to be with one woman, maintains countless relations replaces women as parts.

She supports causes for the betterment of humankind and adopted a child from third world. She is a dependable and excellent actress. Beauty and intelligence is unquestionable. She can do far better~

July 11, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |