May 25th, 2010
04:03 PM ET

'Sex and the City 2' ticket sales 'looking good'

Even if you’re not interested in seeing what shenanigans Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha can get into in Abu Dhabi, odds are that someone you know is, and they've already got a ticket.

Ticket sales for the sequel to “Sex and the City” are currently 81 percent of ticket sales happening on Fandango.com, according to a statement from the website. The movie opens in theaters Thursday at midnight.

According to a survey Fandango issued Monday of more than 2,000 ticket buyers – of which 94 percent were women, the statement noted – nearly 80 percent of the moviegoers are going in groups with other women, while only 7 percent are going to bring a date.

And, of course, there will be plenty of stiletto-wearing (53 percent plan to dress up for the occasion) and Cosmo drinking (52 percent plan on swilling the cocktail either before and/or after the movie; we can’t help but wonder, Carrie-style, if “during” was an option).

Interestingly, only 76 percent said that the movie represents a “great escape”; Fandango didn’t note what the other 24 percent view the movie as. (If it’s not an escape, what is it?)

Do these numbers sound about right to you? Share your plans for "SATC2" in the comments below.


Filed under: movies

soundoff (2 Responses)
  1. Can't stand the wait!

    Going to see this movie with 210 women with our own private theater with an entire party (dinner/dancing) and most important cosmos to follow! There has been talk about what everyone is wearing for the last month...Can't Wait

    May 26, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Head Diva In Charge

    I am counting down the moments for this movie. Can't wait to spend some time with the girls.

    May 25, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |

Post a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Advertisement
About this blog

Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,767 other followers